UPS Employee Reviews

Found 12,478 reviews matching the search
UPS has the arrt of moving packages down to a profitbale science.
Sorter, Loader, and Unloader (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 12, 2017
Sorted, loaded, and unloaded packages in the ground facility and the air freight facility. Not much to elaborate on moving a package from point A to point B, except UPS does it well. Credit goes to he management team as they all started at the bottom, so they know what it takes to perform their jobs that is satisfactory to their customers.
Best job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 12, 2017
A typical day would require tons of customer service. I would greet customers, and ship whatever it was they needed to ship. Sometimes it would be documents, other times a birthday gift to their mother. Some customers would need things to be bubble wrapped and packed in a box, and others already had this done. I had a ton of repeat customers and that was the best part of the job. You pretty much knew who was coming in.
Pros
Environment, and very laid back
Cons
When it was busy it was busy and being careful to pack things correctly.
Eh
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJanuary 12, 2017
It was a lot of work for small pay people there werent loving there job as much as they should but it was a good place for me because i love hardwork but i did have to wake up really early which wasnt the most fun
Pros
Government job
Cons
Small pay
Amazing Payout
Driver (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJanuary 12, 2017
Ups is a great place to work because of the pay and benefits. others then that be prepared to drive your busted truck all day. So pack a lunch and learn your route because you might be stuck in a area with no where to stop and get food. Your day is never done during perk but dat overtime is nice if you are about that life. But over all amazing pay and benefits just not time to be home or with family and friends. In at AM out at PM not a 9 to 5.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Social life
Tough to get in full time
Seasonal Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJanuary 12, 2017
It's hard to get full time after being seasonal driver. I have done it for 5 years and not even being looked at for full time position. Most of the other drivers are very helpful and friendly to each other
Pros
Uniforms paided for.
Cons
Heavy workload, Orion delivery system not helpful
My Boss recognized that I work best when left to do my Job as a Specialist.
Classroom Trainer (Former Employee) –  Elm Grove, WIJanuary 12, 2017
My immediate manager, recognized that I was able to take on any project, and (as he called me), like a junkyard dog, stay with it, not let go untill msuccess was attained. He insisted that I just go ahead and get it done as best as I could MY way. He and I thought along the same path.
Pros
I was basically my own boss
Cons
time away from family
Fast paced yet laid back work enviroment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 12, 2017
I enjoyed working at UPS as an admin. Its a very fast paced yet laid back atmosphere. All management were very knowledgeable, helpful and personable. The compensation and benefits were satisfactory. There was nothing about the position or company that was intolerable. The only things I would complain about would be that there are no full-time positions and that you are working in a enormous building where if its hot or cold outside then it is the same inside which sometime became uncomfortable. Also the hubs are very dirty and infested with mice which I understand is unavoidable in a warehouse type setting.
good work experience
Diver Helper (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJanuary 12, 2017
it was good hands on experience in mail delievery, my co-workers were nice, helpful, and informative. the hardest part was just the walking and lifting done on the jobe, if your not use to it it can be a pain.
Typical unloading job, was a good job but the staff are not the greatest.
Unloader/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHJanuary 12, 2017
It was a good job for when I needed it, but with problems between staff and being moved around all the time to do jobs that aren't what I was hired for, nor would I get the same wage as the other person.
UPS Driver Helper
UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 12, 2017
long days, basic delivery skills and safety, decent management, driver was fantastic. decent seasonal job, will most likely do it next year
na
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 12, 2017
a little hard labor but worth it, the pay was amazing, the team was great I would definitely go back if i could. the setting was overall amazing.
Detail-Oriented, fun, friendly, and highly professional
Delivery Driver Assistant (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 12, 2017
A typical day at work entails calling the dispatch center in the mornings (usually between 7am & 10am), asking for work, then getting the work, receiving a call from a delivery NLT. 10:30am, meeting the driver at a disclosed pickup location close to the driver's route, traveling as passenger in a UPS truck, delivering packages to businesses and residences, completing said delivery quota for the day, then heading back to where my car was parked - essentially, done for the day between 5pm and 6pm. I learned the ins and outs of the UPS delivery process. The management was efficient, professional, and 2nd to none. The delivery drivers (co-workers) were great chatting buddies and both of good moral repute. The hardest part of the job was not always knowing if I - as only a seasonal driver helper - would get more work each subsequent day. The most enjoyable part of the job was the conversations with the drivers that we would have on days there was actually work available. I loved the work !
Good pay, difficult work/life balance
On-Road Driver Supervisor & Trainer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 12, 2017
Advice - if you get into the Union, stay there. As a driver you work hard and long hours, but you are well compensated for it. Management has to pay for benefits, receives no pension, and almost always works overtime without overtime pay (paid for 10, work 12-14).
A good company to work for
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXJanuary 11, 2017
A typical day at work I was a delivery driver who serviced the customers I learned about safety team work I enjoyed helping customers management was fair got along with all co workers I currently had 27 years safe driving the hardest part of the job was the long hours the most enjoyable part of the job was making sure the job was done correctly
Pros
customers giving gifts
Cons
trucks had no ac in summer
I thoroughly enjoyed my job and experience with UPS.
Delivery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAJanuary 11, 2017
I had a very good experience at UPS and wish it was more than seasonal. I've worked for them during two holiday seasons now, both 2014 and 2016.
Pros
Good people, honest work, positive environment
Cons
only seasonal work
It was ok
UPS Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJanuary 11, 2017
Ups was a ok it was a good experience the workers was nice but can be improved but other than that I enjoy.working there.wish I.had more hours
Only if it was full time
Preload (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDJanuary 11, 2017
Great company I was working over night shifts for the seasonal position it was a good work environment very fast paced just after a while I found a better paying job
Productive days with some problems to run into. Not the easiest job.
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILJanuary 11, 2017
A typical day for me at UPS was starting at four in the morning, and working until nine in the morning. Working on more than one truck, being on my feet at all times, being paced faster everyday. I learned how to build T's within the boxes. I learned what to do and what not to do at UPS. The management was excellent, they know what needs to be done and how to get it done. some co-workers were helpful, while some were just bitter and rude. The hardest part of the job would probably be when the shift is almost over and I would get a real heavy package. The most enjoyable part of working at UPS was probably the new experience. Instead of sitting and learning at school, I was doing everything I wanted to do while waiting to leave high school.
Pros
Decent pay, good hours, set schedules.
Cons
Short breaks, cold environment
review
Preload Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rome, NYJanuary 11, 2017
UPS is a fast paced environment.
You teach yourself if you want to get ahead.
A long day- no free time. Work work work.
Rewarding if you do it correctly.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 11, 2017
need better pay wages, nice environment, but need something that can support my bills. Move and organize boxes from different trailers.