UPS Employee Reviews

Great College Job
Team Lead/Safety Lead (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MIOctober 11, 2017
Great college job. Amazing benefits. Upper management a little sketchy but just do your job and go home. Great place to work at. Alot of possible discounts at different stores.
Pros
Work Culture, Benefits
Cons
Upper Management
Very Stressful and Not a professional place
UPS Driver/ UPS Package Handler (Current Employee) –  AlabamaOctober 11, 2017
Supervisors cuss you out and the opportunities are very unfair. The actual work place is not a good environment. The only thing good about the company where I worked at is the pay is decent.
Pros
Pay is decent
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 11, 2017
It is a hard working and its timing its decateded you have to work like you own it its a great experience its tiring you have to have great movement and great pace.
Pros
No free lunches but get rewards for rookies of the week.
Cons
Short breaks
Structured

Stressful
Hard work
Long hours if full-time
Fast-Paced and demanding
Pros
People
Cons
Hours
Pretty Decent Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moultrie, GA 31788October 11, 2017
A typical day at work consist of counting the money in the draws, opening the gate, unlocking door. Then helping costumers with packages getting sent, or copying things, making things on Microsoft office for costumers, and helping them in anyway we could.
I learned a lot about the computers.
My manager was a good person. Decent boss.
The most enjoyable part of the job, was getting to help people, which I am passionate about.
Great opportunity to grow, learn and meet good people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elm Grove, WIOctober 11, 2017
very fast paced job, with so many different tasks per day that needed to be completed. Each day of week there would be different reports to be completed, as well as other tasks and phone calls with employees needing assistance. Dealt with employees walking in that needed direction in numerous areas and would have to assist them. I learned on the job in different depts such as Billing, Payroll, Tech Support, Key entry, and Human Resources.
Pros
6 weeks vacation pay plus holiday pay, bonuses were given for period of time
Cons
stressful at Peak season with extra work given with no extra time to complete it
Great place to work at
DBA Intern (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 11, 2017
I worked at the Alpharetta UPS location and the atmosphere was amazing. I completely recommend working at this place. Management is also amazing. Lots of free food.
Fast paced work place
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 11, 2017
UPS wasn't a horrible job to have it just was very strenuous and the hours made it difficult to complete school task. Other than that no complaints. The benefits were awesome after you had worked there for a year which really helped.
Great
Intern (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 11, 2017
I loved my time there. Good atmosphere and management was friendly. Worked about 40 hours a week which was typical and actually did work that will impact the company rather than getting coffee like other internships.
Productive and fun
Packaging Clerk/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 11, 2017
I really liked working at UPS store, the manager and co workers were great to work with. They were always teaching me news way to do things. I learned the ways of packing and shipping items across the country. Even when I made a mistake the manager was still very pleasant with me.
environment
PT Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 11, 2017
I make it fun for myself, and I do the same job everyday but there is something new that happens everyday regardless of what goes on in the day. I talk to my employees they would like to be spoken to at any given time.
Very Fast Paced
Loader (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSOctober 11, 2017
I would not recommend working here. Hours are horrible and the pay is nowhere near what it should be for as much as they expect you to do here. This is not an ideal job if you are looking to advance quickly and make into a career.
Strong Culture
Executive Compensation Director (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 11, 2017
UPS has a long and storied history which has created a rich and strong culture which endures still. There has always been a significant promote-from-within focus so the company does an excellent job identifying and developing talent and leadership required to grow and improve.
Pros
People focus
Cons
Pace of change
A good place to build connections!
Package Handler/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 11, 2017
UPS is a GREAT place for not only getting in shape but building CONTACTS and REFERENCES! I have made good friends with many amazing people who've been working at UPS for more than 30 years! I also love how they care about you like family. My family has worked with UPS for more than 40 years.
Pros
Weekly pay, can get promoted quickly, pays for school, discounts
Cons
Have to work a year before benefits are given, not everyone can be a real "Supervisor"
Productive and a lot of fun
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 11, 2017
At UPS you would love working their no questions asked about it good work environment and great insurance and 401k benefits its a great opportunity wish I was still working their.
Pros
Great people
Cons
You get a 30min break
Fast Paced Busy
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 11, 2017
My time with UPS was when I was in Automotive school I worked UPS part time on twilight shift from 5pm to 10pm I would leave from school and go to UPS. My workday consisted of loading trailers of wood pallets and loading trailers of UPS freight by operating a propane forklift.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
No Advancement to full time Worked outside most of shift
Its an okay job
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTOctober 11, 2017
Typical work day is around 5 hours. The management is very demanding at points. The hardest part of the job is keeping up because it is very fast paced.
Pros
Good part time hours
Cons
Physically demanding work
Fast Paced and Productive Company
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 11, 2017
Great Company to work with- more opportunities need to be provided for full time positions. The system needs to embrace over achieving employees and promote more so on the premise of merit and performance rather than seniority.
Pros
Great benefits Package
Cons
Slow Opportunities for Upward Mobility
Productive and Fun Work place
Financial System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 10, 2017
UPS was a fun place to work and they appreciated their employees.
They also invested in the communities by giving back and allowing employees to participate during work hours.
fair
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TX 77477October 10, 2017
Was a seasonal job I worked a lot on my feet but it was pretty easy. Just made sure to deliver the packages to the right location. While also making sure everything is delivered on time