URS Federal Services

URS Federal Services Employer Reviews

Work with others to ensure we get the pilots safely off the ground.
Aircraft Worker (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJune 10, 2014
Typical day at work would at the start of the shift, is to inspect aircraft for any fluid leaks, also to make sure all aircraft are tied down with chains. Learned overall basics of the aircraft as well as its mission capabilities and functions.

Work daily with 12 or more employees in one work center. The most enjoyable part is towing aircraft driving – more... the tractor and using hand signals with to communicate with the pilots. – less
Great company
Sr. Business Manager (Current Employee), Anniston, ALMay 15, 2014
Great company with opportunities around the world.

Company is many diverse markets.

Challenging growth fields.
GOOD PLACE
Aircraft Mechanic Helper (Former Employee), FORT LEWIS WAApril 29, 2014
work on aircraft and helped mechanics and unloaded and loaded aircraft
management was very shady
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee), Joint Base Lewis-McChordMarch 24, 2014
I love the job I was doing but management did a lot things that we thought were unethical
Not sure if it's the contract or the company.
Instrumentation and Controls Technician (Current Employee), Pueblo, COMarch 3, 2014
Pros: at least they still offer some benefits. medical hsa, fsa, etc.
Cons: hostile work environment. new employees don't enjoy the same benefits that older workers receive.
I came to work at URS at the Pueblo Chemical Depot with high hopes. Immediately I could tell that moral couldn't get much lower.
good place to work
Mechanical Technician (Current Employee), Pueblo, COMarch 2, 2014
I have worked for URS for 10 years in the dmil world and it is a job where you work to umemployment but it pays very well and the people I work with are great
Fun place to work
Environmental Health and Safety Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXJanuary 22, 2014
Cons: short breaks, benifits ok
There is no such thing as an accident

a typical work day is 5 hours of paperwork, 3 hours of on the floor observations.

One day a week training
overall it a good company
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Meade, MDJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: learning of computers and the different equipment
Cons: contract
Inventory of the labs equipments, and learining more about how they work hand in hand. Manager is good person. There nothing hard about the job it all good.
Very Professional. Excellent company to learn and grow.
Lead Purchasing Agent (Current Employee), Germantown, MDDecember 8, 2013
Pros: diversified
Cons: demanding
Excellent managed company. always looks to do the right thing. Make tough decisions Continue to win new business.
Excellent Co.
CFT Lead (Former Employee), Wheeler HI Fairbanks AKDecember 5, 2013
Superior co to work for. Excellent travel opportunities. Excellent work experience
Fulfilling and productive
Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee), Marana, AZNovember 29, 2013
Nothing more fulfilling then watching a helicopter that you fully reassembled start up and fly
love the job but no rasies and no advancement
Civilian contractor (Current Employee), jacksonville,flOctober 1, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: not a raise or promotion in years
I enjoy my job just need to advance my career
i learned about packing and shipping
Productive workplace
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Current Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCAugust 27, 2013
Sweep, mop, and scrub floors.
Properly maintain and clean all tire machines.
Assemble and disassemble multiple and single piece rims.
I have been well trained and am skilled as a Tire Repairer for Aecom, II Mef. Logistics Command. Utilize tire demounting machines and hand tools to disassemble tire assemblies. Tear down tires by: removing the valve stems – more... to deflate the tires, remove lock rings, remove the old O-rings, remove the slip rings, and remove the tire from the rims. Utilize tire spreader machines to remove bead locks from the tire. Inspect the tires inside and out for serviceability and or defects. Inspect, clean, and repair rims, lock rings and slip rings. Repair and replace valve stems, rims, lock rings, and slip rings, O-rings, and replace inner tubes and liners when needed. Remove and insert run flats into tires utilizing and insertion and extraction machine. Remount tires on rims and reassemble slip ring, O-ring, and lock rings back onto the rims. Inflate tires safely utilizing a tire inflation cage and a regulated air hose.
I performed work efficiently with little to no supervision on Marine Corps tactical wheel assemblies: HMMWV Bias, HMMWV radial, MTVR, 5-ton, LVS, M105 trailer, M931, M149 trailer, M353 trailer (front and rear), M870A2 trailer, M198, M777, MMV forklift, 600 GPM pump, 5K forklift, 644E forklift, 130G road grader, 25 and 705 ton crane, Runway Sweeper, and MRAP.

Skilled in utilizing pneumatic impact wrenches, torque wrenches, wire wheels, die grinders, general mechanic tools, tire repair kits, air pressure gauges, air regulator, tire mounting and demounting machines, run flat press and tire spreading machine. Clean work area by sweeping, and organizing to ensure a safe working environment. – less
URS
Electrical Technician (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAAugust 8, 2013
What I enjoy most about URS is the opportunity to travel. The work environment was relaxed. I've have the opportunity to learn new skills.
URS is a great place to work with great benefits.
Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Stockton, UtahAugust 7, 2013
URS is a great place to work with great benefits. Co-workers are ethical. Pay is great.
Environmental Technician (Current Employee), Hooks, TXJuly 29, 2013
You don't know if you have a job ( contract ) from one month to the next
Very flexible. Provided me opportunity to relocate with my military husband and continue to work from my home virtual office.
Instructional Designer/WISE Training Administrator (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 29, 2013
Pros: flexibility
I am considered a permanent part-time employee. With each of my husband's military moves, URS continued to employee me on a part time basis, and so that I can work from home -- wherever home was. I have worked with URS for 10 years. Everything about URS and the division I work for is fantastic...the management, my co-workers, my client, etc. Because – more... of the government sequestration my hours have been drastically reduced. Now I am working about 2 hours a week as opposed to 20 hours! I am looking to fill this gap, preferably with a part time at home job. – less
Hard working group of people
Office Administration/Production Clerk (Current Employee), Albany GAJuly 28, 2013
Go in and make sure I have my day plan in order. If it is a new hire day I make sure I have everything needed to get all their paper work done and completed before turning in to main office. Other days I come in and get started on my reports, have friendly talk with coworkers and ask what I can do to help them.
Great Company to work at!
Logistic Analyst II (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 24, 2013
Pros: great management and flexible schedule.
Cons: no advancement
Great place to work. Flexible schedule, great upper management.
Serious atmosphere; very professional environment
Project Officer Supporting USMC PM TRASYS (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 1, 2013
My co-workers are reflective of the team environment that represents the military. They work cooperatively and support each other. Everyone is extremely professional and it is a very pleasant environment.