URS Federal Services

URS Federal Services Employee Reviews

It's ok not much activity for the moral
Shop Technician/Purchaser (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAApril 21, 2015
Pros: Pays is great
Cons: Not fair when it comes to hiring
I like what I do but Management isn't that great! Not much more to tell. Favoritism is great!!

There isn't anything hard about my job.
Typical work environment
Engineering Technician III (Current Employee), Linton, INApril 9, 2015
Company lacks leadership and management skills from positions of power. typical government contractor environment. Little to no promotions from within the company and if they do, do not expect a pay increase.
Great Company
Supply Technician (Current Employee), New Boston TXFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: great company
Cons: compensation a little low, contract work
Great company to work for. The only downfall to this company is it being contract work. The pay could be increased slightly for this line of duty.
Safety Culture Remarkable
Purchasing Coordinator (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 11, 2015
Working for URS has been a dream job for me. Unfortunately, our contract with the government has ended. We must say good-bye.
Challenging and Rewarding
Program Supervisor 2 (Current Employee), Lakehurst, NJJanuary 17, 2015
Each day brings new challenges and opportunites for process improvements, working with peers and associates. Great employer for former military persons where you can utilize your experience and knowledge in association with others creates a cohesive environment.
URS Federal Services
Sheet Metal Mechanic (Former Employee), Tobyhanna, PADecember 12, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: management
The main part of the company itself work well with making sure the important things were taken care of. The sub group that I worked in was not a well oiled machine. Guess it all depends on your direct management. Above average in pay and benefits were decent.
Very
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Meade, MDOctober 27, 2014
Pros: nice people
Nice, job and good people to work with. The work is good and you learn alot about ITT work.
Work with others to ensure we get the pilots safely off the ground.
Aircraft Worker (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJune 10, 2014
Typical day at work would at the start of the shift, is to inspect aircraft for any fluid leaks, also to make sure all aircraft are tied down with chains. Learned overall basics of the aircraft as well as its mission capabilities and functions.

Work daily with 12 or more employees in one work center. The most enjoyable part is towing aircraft driving the tractor and using hand signals with to communicate with the pilots.
Great company
Sr. Business Manager (Current Employee), Anniston, ALMay 15, 2014
Great company with opportunities around the world.

Company is many diverse markets.

Challenging growth fields.
GOOD PLACE
Aircraft Mechanic Helper (Former Employee), FORT LEWIS WAApril 29, 2014
work on aircraft and helped mechanics and unloaded and loaded aircraft
management was very shady
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee), Joint Base Lewis-McChordMarch 24, 2014
I love the job I was doing but management did a lot things that we thought were unethical
Not sure if it's the contract or the company.
Instrumentation and Controls Technician (Current Employee), Pueblo, COMarch 3, 2014
Pros: at least they still offer some benefits. medical hsa, fsa, etc.
Cons: hostile work environment. new employees don't enjoy the same benefits that older workers receive.
I came to work at URS at the Pueblo Chemical Depot with high hopes. Immediately I could tell that moral couldn't get much lower.
good place to work
Mechanical Technician (Current Employee), Pueblo, COMarch 2, 2014
I have worked for URS for 10 years in the dmil world and it is a job where you work to umemployment but it pays very well and the people I work with are great
Fun place to work
Environmental Health and Safety Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXJanuary 22, 2014
Cons: short breaks, benifits ok
There is no such thing as an accident

a typical work day is 5 hours of paperwork, 3 hours of on the floor observations.

One day a week training
overall it a good company
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Meade, MDJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: learning of computers and the different equipment
Cons: contract
Inventory of the labs equipments, and learining more about how they work hand in hand. Manager is good person. There nothing hard about the job it all good.
Excellent Co.
CFT Lead (Former Employee), Wheeler HI Fairbanks AKDecember 5, 2013
Superior co to work for. Excellent travel opportunities. Excellent work experience
Fulfilling and productive
Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee), Marana, AZNovember 29, 2013
Nothing more fulfilling then watching a helicopter that you fully reassembled start up and fly
love the job but no rasies and no advancement
Civilian contractor (Current Employee), jacksonville,flOctober 1, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: not a raise or promotion in years
I enjoy my job just need to advance my career
i learned about packing and shipping
Not employed long enough
Senior Administrative Specialist (Current Employee), Arlington, VASeptember 12, 2013
I have not been employed long enough for a comprehensive review of the office.
Productive workplace
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Current Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCAugust 27, 2013
Sweep, mop, and scrub floors.
Properly maintain and clean all tire machines.
Assemble and disassemble multiple and single piece rims.
I have been well trained and am skilled as a Tire Repairer for Aecom, II Mef. Logistics Command. Utilize tire demounting machines and hand tools to disassemble tire assemblies. Tear down tires by: removing the valve stems to deflate the tires, remove lock rings, remove – more... the old O-rings, remove the slip rings, and remove the tire from the rims. Utilize tire spreader machines to remove bead locks from the tire. Inspect the tires inside and out for serviceability and or defects. Inspect, clean, and repair rims, lock rings and slip rings. Repair and replace valve stems, rims, lock rings, and slip rings, O-rings, and replace inner tubes and liners when needed. Remove and insert run flats into tires utilizing and insertion and extraction machine. Remount tires on rims and reassemble slip ring, O-ring, and lock rings back onto the rims. Inflate tires safely utilizing a tire inflation cage and a regulated air hose.
I performed work efficiently with little to no supervision on Marine Corps tactical wheel assemblies: HMMWV Bias, HMMWV radial, MTVR, 5-ton, LVS, M105 trailer, M931, M149 trailer, M353 trailer (front and rear), M870A2 trailer, M198, M777, MMV forklift, 600 GPM pump, 5K forklift, 644E forklift, 130G road grader, 25 and 705 ton crane, Runway Sweeper, and MRAP.

Skilled in utilizing pneumatic impact wrenches, torque wrenches, wire wheels, die grinders, general mechanic tools, tire repair kits, air pressure gauges, air regulator, tire mounting and demounting machines, run flat press and tire spreading machine. Clean work area by sweeping, and organizing to ensure a safe working environment. – less

URS Federal Services Salaries