URS Federal Employee Reviews

This site
Aviation Structural Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 3, 2016
The work is ok. The only real down fall is the managers, micro managing, and the feel of walking on egg shells around managers. The shifts change a lot, so it's hard to get a routine with your family. The is some travel involved. There's also time spent on naval ship which the compensation for time away and on on ship not good at all!
Pros
People working with
Cons
Management/supervisors
not much to write....in one word, that company sucks
Senior Database Engineer (Former Employee) –  Daleville, ALMarch 30, 2016
It was nice working with my colleagues in the simulation and training division. Atmosphere was not too bad. Higher management left a lot to be desired as they were more busy thinking about their year end bonus than doing their marketing work (i.e they were not aggressively looking contracts for our simulation division).
Pros
none whatsoever
Cons
NO free lunches. Not even a McDonald christmas hamburger!!!
Very easy going but productive workplace
Warehouse Specialist (Current Employee) –  Germantown, MDFebruary 22, 2016
I love my job. I have many good workers and of coarse some not so good but I have gotten along with all my co-workers. The only problem I have is this is a low paying job for the amount of work being done in and out of weather elements and feel like I will get no where with this job.
Urs
Computer Programmer "Contracted" (Former Employee) –  Whiteman AFB, MOJanuary 12, 2015
Outstanding company to work for. Government contracted work, primarily, with footprints in all aspects of military, technical and natural resource industries.
Friendly and helpful employees with outstanding supervision.
Great place for advancement
Sub-Contracts and Procurement Expediter (Former Employee) –  Germantown,MdJanuary 5, 2015
Wonderful place to work and great for learning. They welcome advancement and education it is just too far to drive
Pros
excellent advancemetn
Cons
too far to drive
Productive Work Day
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dahlgren, VAJune 19, 2014
Typical work day includes assisting 63+ employees, setting up meetings, scheduling conference rooms, arranging travel; airfare, hotel and rental car, writting letters, memos, editing, and checking for grammar.
Pros
big office space
Cons
impatient people
Excellent management and allowed growth potential
Computer Scientist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FlMarch 14, 2014
lots of travel, new opportunities for growth, great all around workplace and environment
Pros
lots of travel and growth potential for employees
Your just a number that they can bill clients for
Network Administrator - Contractor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 26, 2014
It was great until they bought out my last company and made us assimilate to URS and took our benefits.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
your just a number that they can bill clients for
Test Conductor/Duty Officer (Former Employee) –  Kennedy Space Center, FLNovember 12, 2013
Worked in a 24/7 office that was the "city hall" of Kennedy Space Center, FL. Never a dull moment!
Procurement Activities
Procurement Manager (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAOctober 21, 2013
Supports procurement activities by issuing RFPs/RFQs, prepare and execute NDA/TA, evaluate responses and analyze cost/price, negotiate terms and other contractual provisions.
Assist in the development and implementation of Procurement policies and procedures.
Conduct training for Contracts/Procurement staff, and provide guidance and advice.
Monitors and identifies non-compliance issues and develop/implement appropriate corrective action plans.
Audit procurement files to ensure compliance with Procurement policies and procedures, and practices satisfy CPSR audit requirements.
Reviews, analyzes, and recommends solutions to complicated procurement problems and transactions.
Compile information in support of DCAA incurred cost submission on Schedule J.
Stable
Technical Librarian (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 30, 2013
Decent company to work for. The health benefits are very expensive, but over all is a good company.
laid back in fort lewis
Aircraft Mechanic Helper (Former Employee) –  fort lewisJune 12, 2013
Good location, great pay,good workers, bad management, the experience was good for the time but the company lost the contract
Pros
great pay
Cons
managament highly unorganized
Not great but not bad
IT Security Analyst / Lead Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Woodlawn, MDMarch 10, 2013
Overall a decent company to work for. Benefits and pay is good but not many advancement options because most of their business is with government agencies. Each government agency is different so the experience will be different based on the culture of the agency. Not fond of the culture of the agency I work at but that is not the fault of URS.
Pros
flex schedules, pay, and benefits.
Cons
as a contract worker your treated as a second class citizen by fed workers.
Large corporation
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Germantown, MDJanuary 21, 2013
Full cycle accounts payable, payroll (ADP), team player in a fast paced work environment. Able to support managers for month end close and meeting strict deadlines.
Pros
secure workplace, safe.
Cons
no room for advancement
Nice place to work
Procurement Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 8, 2013
Very nice employees to work with. Very upbeat environment. Very flexible.
Enjoyable work environment.
Material Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Albany, GADecember 22, 2012
Enjoyable and safe work environment. The pay is satisfactory. Grateful for the job oopurtunity. Coworkers are nice and enjoy working in the team environment.
Productive and professional work environment.
Logistics Operations/ Plans Analyst (Current Employee) –  Stafford, VADecember 18, 2012
Led by a great management team that held high standards and practiced outstanding teamwork.
Pros
leadership, and teamwork
Cons
n/a
Productive, ethical, supportive
Office Manager and IT Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 3, 2012
I enjoy working at URS Corporation and going to work is a positive experience. I enjoy the people I work with and support. My role is changing and learning new skills and look forward to growing into a more substantial business role.
Pros
company supports futher education and expanding on ones personal goals.
Good company for long term employment
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 23, 2012
It was disappointing that after so many years at this employer that our coverage was reduced by nearly 50% by the government. It is a good company to work for.
Pros
flexible hours to a degree, good vacation accumulation, excellent benifits
Cons
the commute was a real pain (nearly four hours a day).
Completed mission to destroy nations stockpile of chemical weapons
Operations Plant Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Stockton, UTJune 17, 2012
A typical day at work begins with 6 meetings between 5:00 to 8:00 where turnover from the previous shift is discussed at length and the plan of the day is discussed and set in place. After receiving turnover from my counterpart, I chair the the next 3 meetings. The final meeting is with senior management. I've learned to communicate effectively with my subordinates and have set expectations with them to communicate down the line because the team stands a better chance of succeeding if everyone is on the same page. I believe it's important to manage the team fairly and stress free as long as all employed understand the general expectations of the job. Those being, work safely, wear PPE when required, follow procedures and be physically prepared to work when you arrive at the job. The hardest part of the job is keeping everyone on the team focused and motivated every day. Achieving success in doing this is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
wages are above average for the area.
Cons
shift work/12 hour shifts