URS Federal

URS Federal Employer Reviews

Productive Work Day
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Dahlgren, VAJune 19, 2014
Pros: big office space
Cons: impatient people
Typical work day includes assisting 63+ employees, setting up meetings, scheduling conference rooms, arranging travel; airfare, hotel and rental car, writting letters, memos, editing, and checking for grammar.
Excellent management and allowed growth potential
Computer Scientist (Former Employee), Orlando, FlMarch 14, 2014
Pros: lots of travel and growth potential for employees
lots of travel, new opportunities for growth, great all around workplace and environment
Your just a number that they can bill clients for
Network Administrator - Contractor (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: your just a number that they can bill clients for
It was great until they bought out my last company and made us assimilate to URS and took our benefits.
Test Conductor/Duty Officer (Former Employee), Kennedy Space Center, FLNovember 12, 2013
Worked in a 24/7 office that was the "city hall" of Kennedy Space Center, FL. Never a dull moment!
Stable
Technical Librarian (Current Employee), Norfolk, VASeptember 30, 2013
Decent company to work for. The health benefits are very expensive, but over all is a good company.
laid back in fort lewis
Aircraft Mechanic Helper (Former Employee), fort lewisJune 12, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: managament highly unorganized
Good location, great pay,good workers, bad management, the experience was good for the time but the company lost the contract
Not great but not bad
IT Security Analyst / Lead Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Woodlawn, MDMarch 10, 2013
Pros: flex schedules, pay, and benefits.
Cons: as a contract worker your treated as a second class citizen by fed workers.
Overall a decent company to work for. Benefits and pay is good but not many advancement options because most of their business is with government agencies. Each government agency is different so the experience will be different based on the culture of the agency. Not fond of the culture of the agency I work at but that is not the fault of URS.
Large corporation
Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Germantown, MDJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: secure workplace, safe.
Cons: no room for advancement
Full cycle accounts payable, payroll (ADP), team player in a fast paced work environment. Able to support managers for month end close and meeting strict deadlines.
Nice place to work
Procurement Clerk (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 8, 2013
Very nice employees to work with. Very upbeat environment. Very flexible.
Enjoyable work environment.
Material Coordinator (Current Employee), Albany, GADecember 22, 2012
Enjoyable and safe work environment. The pay is satisfactory. Grateful for the job oopurtunity. Coworkers are nice and enjoy working in the team environment.
Productive and professional work environment.
Logistics Operations/ Plans Analyst (Current Employee), Stafford, VADecember 18, 2012
Pros: leadership, and teamwork
Cons: n/a
Led by a great management team that held high standards and practiced outstanding teamwork.
Productive, ethical, supportive
Office Manager and IT Support Specialist (Current Employee), Austin, TXDecember 3, 2012
Pros: company supports futher education and expanding on ones personal goals.
I enjoy working at URS Corporation and going to work is a positive experience. I enjoy the people I work with and support. My role is changing and learning new skills and look forward to growing into a more substantial business role.
Good company for long term employment
Program Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 23, 2012
Pros: flexible hours to a degree, good vacation accumulation, excellent benifits
Cons: the commute was a real pain (nearly four hours a day).
It was disappointing that after so many years at this employer that our coverage was reduced by nearly 50% by the government. It is a good company to work for.
Completed mission to destroy nations stockpile of chemical weapons
Operations Plant Shift Manager (Current Employee), Stockton, UTJune 17, 2012
Pros: wages are above average for the area.
Cons: shift work/12 hour shifts
A typical day at work begins with 6 meetings between 5:00 to 8:00 where turnover from the previous shift is discussed at length and the plan of the day is discussed and set in place. After receiving turnover from my counterpart, I chair the the next 3 meetings. The final meeting is with senior management. I've learned to communicate effectively with – more... my subordinates and have set expectations with them to communicate down the line because the team stands a better chance of succeeding if everyone is on the same page. I believe it's important to manage the team fairly and stress free as long as all employed understand the general expectations of the job. Those being, work safely, wear PPE when required, follow procedures and be physically prepared to work when you arrive at the job. The hardest part of the job is keeping everyone on the team focused and motivated every day. Achieving success in doing this is the most enjoyable part of my job. – less
managed many different responsibilities
Wheel Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee), Baghdad,IraqApril 5, 2012
Pros: motivated
Cons: strong organizational
Perform repairs and preventive maintenance checks and services on wheeled vehicles tests batteries for serviceability prepares wheeled vehicles for operation servicing engines and replaces repair parts and components as outlined in the appropriate maintenance allocation charts tests and operates vehicles and equipment as required and observes for evidence – more... of abnormal operation.Interprets schematic diagrams determines extent of corrective action and repair. – less