Urs Flint Employee Reviews

URS Flint
Skilled Laborer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 21, 2017
I loved working here, It was a difficult job to handle if you had a family due to the out of town lifestyle.
Great Pay
Great Benefits
Great Per Diem
I wished our crew wouldn't not have gotten laid off.
My duties
Roustabout/Pipeliner (Former Employee) –  Boulder, WYMarch 19, 2017
Worked together on a roustabout/pipeline crew out in the Jonah field. Built many locations and pipelines. Received a lot of excellent safety training.
Pros
Solid work
Cons
No cons
I enjoy working with the employees, teaching them the way
Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 24, 2016
inspecting paper work in field, teaching employees the proper way to fill out their documents, and reporting any and all incidents
Pros
once a week a lunch for the employees
Cons
summer was extremely hot so we would have 2 brakes in the morning and 2 after lunch
Good Company
Lead Safety @ Kinder/Morgan Project (BP Splitter) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2015
My short time with URS Flint was not at all the greatest time on this particular site at Galena Park, Texas. URS as it's own self is a great company! But the Flint side of it is totally unprofessional.
Pros
Good Company on URS side of ownership
Cons
Bad Company on Flint side of company
Stressful, isolated work environment
Supply Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pruhdoe Bay, AlaskaMarch 1, 2015
Note: This was a oil construction contract job in a remote location. Worked in a isolated area for 4 weeks, then received 2 weeks off. Worked long hours in a very stressful environment. Compensation was above the industry average.
working with urs flint
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Galena Park, TXNovember 28, 2014
i learned a lot on that job because it was on first tank farm i had build with flint .. the safety there was good and they had a lot of info to open yours eyes up on when it came to do your task safe ..
good
Electrician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  meg energyApril 6, 2014
 Lead Hand for heat trace crew of thirteen (13) employees
 Read and interpret blueprints, drawings, schematics and electrical code
 Assist and coordinate crew activities and tasks
 Monitoring crew member effectiveness, work habits and skill levels, working with them to encourage success
 Conduct crew meetings
 Ensure site specifications and procedures are followed
 Troubleshoot and conduct walk-downs heat trace systems
This is the most terible place to ever work !!
pipe fitter (Former Employee) –  meg energyMarch 8, 2014
You listen to the safety you think its real but when you speak up you better watch out, they pay you to listen to the speeches' but that's as far as it ever goes . You don't need experience you just have to show them you suck cock and say yes to all things. I have many years experience and this is by far a bad company ! you are treated as a number .Management is all over the place lots of lies , cons , no professional's here. workers look depress and shut down.
Pros
Camp was ok
Cons
lies
It had a nice camp.
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Meg energyDecember 18, 2013
I found Flint to be a very safe and good Company to work for. They didn't pressure us , they let us do are work in a professional maner and we still made the deadlines safely.
Pros
A good opportunity To advance.
Cons
It was a long way to travel.
fun and fast paced work enivorment
Parts Runner (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJuly 29, 2013
pick up and deliver tools and equipment to shop or field. what I learned was how to field remote location using a man made map . management was the best. co-workers were great everybody loved me. finding remote locations. most enjoyable was being out delivering and picking up product
Pros
didnt alway have to be at the shop
Cons
doing other co-workers jobs

Want to know more about Urs Flint?

Ask a question
Productive and Fun place to work
AP Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ratliff City, OKJuly 18, 2013
Typical work day was busy. The co workers and management were wonderful to work for. The hardest part of my job was payroll, calling the employees when they did not turn time in and trying to collect it. I learned a lot at Flint. I learned how to do accounts payable, payroll, learned more about the oil service field. I enjoyed going to work everyday. I loved working there, did not want to leave but we moved out of state.
Pros
Nice working hours and atmosphere
Good Company
Apprentice pipefitter/Steamfitter (Former Employee) –  Firebag, Meg EnergyFebruary 11, 2013
All around good company. High salaries, good shifts, good management.
One of the WORST Companies to work for!
Truck Driver in the Oilfield Hauling division (Former Employee) –  AlbertaDecember 9, 2012
The overall morale of the workers with positions out in the Field is absoulutely in the toilet! Safety department Bullies and Intimidates its workers with policies and huge amounts of mandatory paper work. Lack of communication and failure to follow consistent practices does little for encouraging a safe enviroment. There is little respect and many unethical activities occuring towards Field Workers! Don't waste your time applying to work at URS Flint! Unless you work in the office, you will not be happy!
Pros
easy to get time off.
Cons
low morale, disorganized, favortisim, unethical treatment and intimidation tactics used by the safety department.
Productive, Professional workplace
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Tioga, NDJune 27, 2012
knowlegeable personell, simple repetitive tasks, safe work enviornment, hands on experience, yet uncontrollable factors