URS

URS Employer Reviews

productive and enjoyable
injecter (Current Employee), orlanda ok.January 23, 2015
Pros: steady job
Cons: made automatic
typical day was checking for leaks, checking oil in diesel engine, checking tank levels making sure they didn't overflow. check levels, line pressure. learned how to read gauges, how valves worked,learned about pressure on the lines how it affects the flow of oil. my coworkers were fun and easy to work with. staying awake all night. I e4njoyed all aspects of the job.
Great company with competitve pay
Munition Handler (Former Employee), Anniston, ALJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
The swinging shifts here are very bad for your health but day shift hours were great. Most things here were great except for management tended to not be employee friendly and the job was an ending job so we worked ourselves out of a job.
Loved working for the Congreesman.
Control Room Operator (Former Employee), Lansing, MIJanuary 18, 2015
Everyday was different and filled with a sense of helping others and the Congressman.
Great place to work.
Mechanic 1 (Current Employee), Norfolk,VAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: interesting
I have worked with URS Corp for 2 and a half years and have found it to be a real easy transition from military life to civilian life.
Great work environment and fun-loving coworkers
Receptionist (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: relaxed atmosphere, great coworkers!
Cons: not enough work at times to stay busy.
My position was receptionist. I liked the interaction with the visitors and callers. However, the office didn't receive very many visitors or have too many callers. A lot of the time I was requesting work or asking to help those who had heavier work loads. A lot of the time I sat idol trying to look busy. I don't like passing the time in this manner and would rather have a steady busy day!
Very good company to work for.
Project Information Specialist (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: outstanding opportunity.
Cons: project was forced to shutdown.
The project, personnel and location were all outstanding. The experience I gained was very beneficial and rewarding.
Great company with great benefits
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee), Stockton, UTJanuary 6, 2015
I enjoyed working for URS over the 16+ years I was with then. Their mission was very hazardous and we all knew we would one day be out of work. At one time we had 1200 employees but by March the contract will end. Important mission of destroying all the chemical weapons stored in Utah and I was responsible over the years of maintaining the inventory, shipping and receiving the parts needed to keep this plant running to support maintenance and operations activities related to the plant. Towards the end I tasked with returning all property to government control. Our safety culture was very much the focus. Our company earned a VPP Star status rating the final years I worked there.
Excellent environment for learning about transportation
Documents Control Mgr-Atlanta Streetcar Project (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: learning aconex, a new software, and transportation
Cons: low salary
Processing, filing and archiving of documents.
Learned about the Streetcar project and moving and installation of underground utilities.
Learned a lot from civil engineer co-workers about transportation systems.
Learned from the in-house contract administrator regarding the agreements on a transportation project.
Hardest part was occasional monotony of the paperwork.
Most enjoyable was spending 2 years in the weekly project status meetings and the interaction with Department of Transportation, MARTA, City of Atlanta, and Department of Watershed Management.
Iowa Fertilizer Co.
construction (Former Employee), wever, iowaJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: every other sunday you get off
Cons: working 10 hours a day for 13 days at a time
Upper management has caused the jobsite to be in utter chaos in terms of planning work projects that do not conflict with each other. The waste of time and money is absolutely outrageous. Foremans are required by the unions to be local to the burlington area and it appears some of them have no idea what they are doing. Working hours are 60 to 70 hours a week and if you miss time you are regarded as a serious problem because it's a time and material job and you are cutting in to their bottom line. It is colder than **** out there. Other than that, it's just a wonderful place to work.
great environment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Hill AFB, UTJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: opportunity to progress within the company
Cons: slow to get security clearance assuming due to change in personnel
Lots of opportunity for overtime was great. It was a very limited amount of stress. I had great supervisors.
Nice place for beginners
Construction Engineer I (Current Employee), Olmsted, ILDecember 31, 2014
Great place to get a start on your career. Lots of people who are willing to help you learn new things. If you are willing to relocate, get used to long hours and don't mind working on holidays, this is the place for you.
Productive work place.
CTTR Telecommunications Technician II (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VADecember 30, 2014
We have a daily safety briefing, everyone works as a team, work hours are excellent, management is always there when you need them, supervisor is a very approachable guy, and the work place has a positive vibe.
Great Work Environment
Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee), Norfolk, VADecember 29, 2014
URS Corp is a great company. The company has a comprehensive benefit package and management helps out with any problems that you might have concerning any aspect of the company and you. The people I work with are friendly and helpful. The company stresses a safe work environment with incentives after 90+ days accident free.
Excellent Company
Predator (MQ1) Avionics Technician III (Former Employee), Fargo, NDDecember 26, 2014
Pros: ecellent comp and benefits, people, work, advancement opportunities, education reimbursement
Cons: if you get stuck at a site with a bad site lead, your stuck. site leads are not urs employees.
This company is a great place to work. Easy going, mostly enjoyable work. Co workers are great. There is no hardest part. The company trains you for the RPA programs.
In persuit of working for a Successful Employee Oriented Company.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee), Hill AFB, UTDecember 26, 2014
In pursuit of a fulltime position for a great company. In San Diego Ca.
This job was fun.
Safety Clerk (Former Employee), Stockton, UTDecember 19, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: there is nothing i can think of for a con.
I worked with some incredible people. They are very good at what they do. I asked for more and more responsibility and it was given not questions. I enjoyed everyday. I worked with some of the most intelligent co-workers they took time to help me become a better employee.
hours are great
Tool Room Supervisor (Former Employee), new boston, txDecember 18, 2014
The pay is decent considering the work
No advancement
hour are great, 4 tens
the supervisors don't know alot
Excelent place to work
Civil Design and Survey Technician (Former Employee), PittsburghDecember 17, 2014
I should of never left this company. I left searching for more money and that was the wrong move.
URS on a whole was a wonderful employer
Program Support/Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), Lakehurst Naval Air Center, NJDecember 15, 2014
Pros: family like atmosphere
Cons: change in management alot
Overall I enjoyed working for URS and appreciate all I learned during my time there. It was a fast paced environment.
Friendly and Productive Environment
Certified Project Administrator (Current Employee), Portland, ORDecember 14, 2014
Pros: i'm trusted to do my job well without hovering supervision, but am aware my supervisor is always there for me.
Cons: sometimes corporate red tape gets in the way of progress.
Daily tasks range from running/reviewing project financial reports and tending to urgent issues (going over budget, unpaid A/R, etc.) to meet regional demands and attend meetings regarding same, reviewing and coding vendor invoices to pertinent job numbers, editing and routing subcontracts in negotiation, opening new project numbers after obtaining appropriate documentation and formatting/producing environmental reports.

My time at URS has taught me much about the world of consulting and individual project financial impacts on an office and region.

The hardest part of my job is answering for project management errors that lead to negative financial impacts on the office, considering I am not a Project Manager and cannot control any of the issues that cause the negative impact.

What I love about my job is managing and producing large environmental deliverables. I excel at organizing and keeping individual report pieces consistent and accurate. I also enjoy the variety of responsibilities and tasks.

1 2 3 4 5

About URS

URS Corporation provides a range of¬†engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. – Read more