URS Employee Reviews

Great Work Crew
Archeological Crew Chief (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Per Diem is great!
The field crew at this company is outstanding! Everyone is very helpful and treats you like family. The company is very flexible and is always looking for work for people even when off season
I have no complaints with my job personally, but what goes on with management and other employees is dishonarable
Lead Shipping/Receiving (Current Employee), Mossville, ILAugust 25, 2015
We here at URS are to do maintenance for Caterpillar, Inc. and we have one Supervisor and more that call on other resources to get the job done. Why are we here?
Environmentally Sound Company
Office Administrative Manager (Former Employee), Fort Washington, PAAugust 20, 2015
Interesting and varied position in a company that was all about the environment and their employees. Terrific experience and l learned more there in 5 years, than my career entire combined. Would recommend them highly. All the employees back then were totally focused on the advancement and reputation of the company.
Productive Place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee), Akron, OHAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Being able to take off when needed
Cons: N/A
Busy Reception Area
Engineering
though full and Courteous
Fun and Serious
Some customers being satisfied
Being like by everyone
inspect and repair helicopters and fix winged aircrafts
Plane Captain (Current Employee), Norfolk VaAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Learned alot
Cons: learned too much
first i Inspect the aircraft, then i launch it out. When it comes back i refuel it and inspect it again for the second flight. I also recover them by myself which means taxi/ tow it.
Wonderful Aircraft to work on.
Assistant Aircraft Mechanic Leadman (Former Employee), Lakehurst, NJAugust 12, 2015
Great job for all that love aviation. But have to have a thick skin to deal with all of the over done safety requirements. Management would do better if it stayed on its side of the contracts by not taking so my direction from the government side of the house. It leads to lower management ending up not being able to make any real changes that need to be made.
Good pay, good benefits very poor management, suspect company integrity
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee), Anniston, AlabamaAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Insurance, vacation time etc.
Cons: Poor employee development, terrible management techniques, non-responsive to employee complaints about abusive managers
I worked with very good people. Highly trained and very professional. The people I worked for on the other hand were very poorly trained managers with management techniques reminiscent of the 1940s and 50s. Heavy handed, micro management, verbally abusive and demeaning communication is the norm for the project manager I worked for.
Great Team
Piping Designer/CADWorx Administrator (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 5, 2015
Pros: flex time
I have never worked with a better group of people. The energy was excellent and the production was efficient. I thoroughly enjoyed working as a lead on multiple projects with such a great team.
Productive but busy environment
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee), Germantown, MDAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Meet new people everyday
Cons: May receive calls from unhappy employees
Jam packed days working to get deadlines met. Kept on your toes with the workload. Have some flexibility during the day switching to different tasks.
Now AECOM
Geologist (Current Employee), Spokane, WAJuly 31, 2015
Job work/ Life balance is difficult to have with the type of long term assignments that are required. There is no office support after taking a long term assignment and returning to the Office.
Highly Recommended Company
Air Quality Technician (Former Employee), Manila, ARJuly 29, 2015
Pros: provides a lot of trainings
Cons: job security is weak
Employees work as a team, I've learned a lot of things with regards to air quality. The hardest part of the job is when we conduct 24 hrs air monitoring, when you need to be at the site for a long period of time. Enjoyed the camaraderie in the company.
worked with designer, material personel, stress engineers, pipe spec engineers.
Supervisor Discipline Eng (Piping Design Manager) (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Excellent design and project management team
Cons: Designing well site 5 thousand miles away.
working with entire design team, developing a stream line method of bill of material between design company and client software. Developed a process to create and modify piping spec's.

Worked closely with Project Mangers, URS and Client

development of bill of material between URS software and client software.

Great team of designers and material personnel
Large Corporation
Piping Engineer Intern (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 21, 2015
I worked as a Piping Engineer Intern during my sophomore and junior years of college. Being a large business, URS Corporation had its pros as well as cons. What I liked about URS was its pay as well as opportunity for growth, and the ability to work in teams on various projects. The main con of working for URS was its job security. Being a contracting company, there wasn't great job security. I would actually prefer to work for a small business.
Can be slow at times, overall great place to work
OWM Operator/DPE Tender (Former Employee), Hermiston, ORJuly 21, 2015
Good balance of work and time off. Good compensation and benefits. Plenty of new skills to learn and advance if your willing to put in the time and effort.
professional and competent office personnel
Instrumentation and Controls Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCJuly 20, 2015
Pros: responsibilities commenurate with experience
Cons: assignment was too short due to cutbacks.
Good quality assignments.
opportunity to interface with the Client in implementing the field changes.

Great opportunity to work on modernizarion of the security systems,
Productive company that stresses attendance and punctuality.
Supply Technician (Former Employee), New Boston, TXJuly 19, 2015
Overall great company to work for to gain problem solving and time management skills. Also allows you to display your creativity and innovative skills.
URS Corporation (formerly United Research Services) was an engineering, design, and construction firm and a U.S. federal government contractor.
Assist General Superintendent (Former Employee), Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, VenezuelaJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Organize corporation
Cons: Recpectfully Human Right Corporation
Excellent good name company, wonderfully management and respectfully firm, where recognize the effort and the motivation with one of the best environmental safety program, personally I will come back again on its staff at any time.
Great place to work and have a great career.
Schedule Staff Lead, ANCDF (Former Employee), Anniston, ALJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Great Company - Looks out for employees, Some of the finest people in the world work there and you feel like it's a TEAM.
Cons: Can't think of any
I spent approximately 30 years working with URS and legacy companies. Very large company with fair and great managers and staff. You feel like its a large family and are proud to work with them.
Interesting place to work
Heavy Equipment Mobile Mechanic (Current Employee), Albany, GAJuly 10, 2015
The company has been up and down and just merged with Aecom, but overall they treated me good. Unfortunately you are stuck at one pay grade and never receive rases.
Great company who cares about their employees
Shipping/Receiving (Current Employee), Oklahoma CityJuly 9, 2015
I love working for a company who cares about their employees, we get our job done in a timely manner, we treat each other with the upmost respect, we have company picnics and overall it's a great company to work for
Headquarters