URS

URS United States Employee Reviews

It was a wonderful experience.
Clerk II (Former Employee), Oregon, OHApril 16, 2015
Pros: Great wage
Cons: Job security
I loved my daily interactions with my co-workers. I was told I was often relied upon for my positive attitude. There is nothing I can say that I did not love about going to work everyday.
Good people to work with.
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee), Hurricane, WVApril 15, 2015
Pros: Professional people.
Cons: none
I have worked only on specific projects as a consultant on matters of quality assurance procedures and practices and on issues related to Portland cement concrete specifications and problem analysis.
Worked on contracts
Engineering Technologist II (Current Employee), Crane, INApril 12, 2015
Not fair to give a full company review, they were only the go-between on the contract. The people I worked with at the company were very nice and knew their positions well. I didn't have any problems with pay that were not resolved and the company seemed to really put a lot of effort into making sure its people were taken care of.
Great Company
Deputy Engineering Manager (Former Employee), Anniston, ALApril 9, 2015
Pros: Management really cared about the people
Cons: no available transfers to other divisions
I worked at the Anniston Chemical Weapons Disposal Plant and URS provided the best opportunity for people to excel and contribute to the success of the facility.
Either very busy or no work at all.
Electrical Designer (Current Employee), Princeton, NJApril 9, 2015
Pros: money
Cons: stress
Poor management of projects. Nobody seems to be in charge. There is no control over projects and due dates are missed regularly due to poor planning. Picture a ship at sea with no Captain.
Nice Place to Work
Financial/Budget Analyst (Current Employee), Dahlgren, VAApril 3, 2015
Overall this is a nice company to work for. The company recently merged with AECOM in October 2014 and is striving to maintain it's reputation of the one of the Best Places to Work in the US.
Better Than Advertised
Project Controls (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Flex schedule
Cons: Over worked
Overall, the company is progressive and on the cutting edge. They look to use revenue to assist the employee in doing their job better. They may have one person to do the work of three, but they give you the technology, etc. to be able to do the job well.
Challenging and busy environment all around
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Joplin, MOMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits, challenging, room for advancement and company picnics.
Cons: It was a temporary position
Well, there was never a typical day at Radian International/URS Corporation. Every day was a new day with different duties depending on what was on agenda and in need of directive. While working for company I learned how to utilize software programs such as Paradox 7 database, Lotus Notes and Electronic Time Entry systems. Let's just say I learned administrative office skills. Management was a combination of great minds working all as one. As for my co-workers, I have no complaints there. We all worked together to make sure project worked out as smoothly as possible. The hardest part of the job was knowing the project would be completed within the given time and no longer be. The best part of the job was knowing I played a part in all of it and I learned so much from the rules and regulations of the Environmental Protection Agency and the Army Corps of Engineers. Not to mention it was the best job I ever had.
ITS A GOOD PLACE TO WORK
Heavy equipment Mechanic (Former Employee), Albany, GAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: TWO 15 MINUTE BREAK AND ONE 30 MINUTE BREAK FOR LUNCH
Cons: THE INSURANCE WAS GOOD DENTAL, EYECARE, HEALTH
MY REVIEW URS IT IS A VERY NICE PLACE TO WORK AT THE CONDITION IS GOOD MANAGEMENT GOOD I LIKE MY JOB THERE AS A HEAVY EQIUPERMENT MECHANIC.
URS needs to be more involved in mentoring and employee growth
Principal Security Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Meade, MDMarch 25, 2015
URS is a great company but because it is so large they tend to over look the people at the bottom. I just hope that in the future the company would be more focused on employee growth and advancement.
Comes to work to perform my best to the company and employees
HR Administrator (Former Employee), Chantilly, VAMarch 25, 2015
Proactive, works well as a team or independently, willing to learn, enjoys performing the work. Processes new hires, terminations, leads orientation, responds to daily emails and phone calls, runs reports as needed, provide both verbal and written employment verifications, assist recruiting team, provide support to management, team members and employees. Doing my job to provide timely answers and results makes me proud of the job I perform. It is important to provide the assistance to the employees so they can do their jobs as needed.
Great learning environment
Project Controls Cost and Schedule Analyst II (Current Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Great job security as well as great balance between work and family.
I have worked for two departments in URS's energy sector and both departments encouraged training and mentor-ship of young employees. They encouraged a good balance between work and life as well.
Communication Gaps
Senior Logistics Technical Lead (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 23, 2015
Cons: nothing planned for employees
A typical day at work is just that work. There are no events that would enhance the employees mindset. There needs to be more communication between corporate and the satellite. Co-workers aren't happy with company either. The hardest part of the job is every 3 years I have to wait to be hired by a new contracting company.
Good company
Telecommunications Analyst II (Former Employee), Scott AFB, ILMarch 20, 2015
URS provides great benefits and competitive pay while promoting a positive work environment. Management is receptive to employee input and is proactive in ensuring employee satisfaction.
Provide strategic direction for the HR Business Practices function. Serve as an integral business partner to senior leadership provident a broad spect
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee), Richmond, KYMarch 18, 2015
 Responsible for Performance Management and Talent Review processes.
 Provides strategic direction for first line supervisors and hiring managers.
 Work with senior leadership and colleagues in organizational effectiveness, employment, compensation and benefits and other functional areas to deliver seamless and high quality services
 Works with leadership on long term and short term human resources planning
 Conducts employee relations casework and ensure cases are handled in a consistent and accurate manner
 Prepare materials, coordinate communication, and provide guidelines, presentations and support for Local HR.
 Coordinate administration of the processes. Follow up to assure quality of the implementation. Conducts analysis, feedback and action planning.
 Support design, implement, and facilitate talent development programs
 Provide direction to improve organization and/or employee effectiveness through successful talent and performance management.
 Implement changes through organizational restructuring, developmental training, career management and diversity.
 Manage strategic development process and methodologies while ensuring quality of return
 Performs planning, analysis and reporting activities for OD and executive communication programs to ensure they remain within scope, budget and timeline and meet defined quality standards.
 Determines the operational delivery and execution of change management tactics that include a focus on the people aspects of change.
Safety is #1; Celebrate the successes
Senior Buyer (Former Employee), Stockton, UTMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Excellent safety culture, great at rewarding the group for accomplishments
Cons: Not much room for advancement after the first year or two
I enjoyed working for URS. I really appreciated the safety mindset. Safety was really a part of my work and home life. I also appreciated being trained in CPR, First Aid, and AED every two years. These are skills to use wherever you may be at work, at home or at play.
More work satisfaction in this project.
Senior Inspector (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYMarch 17, 2015
I learned a lot of different phases of construction in underground or tunnel work. I got more experience in steel and concrete construction.
Constantly learning environment with room to grow
Regional Accounting Manager (Current Employee), Ontario, CAMarch 14, 2015
A typical day at work has to do with solving issues, project analysis, and approving various forms. Also putting together various financial and analysis spreadsheet to help management reach goals and run the company more efficiently and effectively.
Worked as an Code Enforcement Officer (CEO) Consultant for the NYC MTA
CODE ENFORCEMENT OFFICER (CEO) - CONSULTANT (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 11, 2015
Pros: full time employee of urs/aecom, consultant for mta
Cons: majority of time spent with urs/aecom was thru emails & telephone conversations, very few physical meetings/contacts with urs/aecom, however urs provided a liaison between urs/aecom and the mta as my contact, the liaison was always readily available and gave constant guidance as needed
My daily work involved: Received Drawings, Specifications, Construction Permit Forms from the Designer of Record (DOR- Architect/Engineer) for 50% and 100% drawings and document approval. Attended Staff and supervisor meetings regularly and Issued Construction Permits.

Attended Required Code Classes to maintain my NYC Code Official Status.

Reported to two departments of Management which included supervision by the Director of CPM (Compliance Program Management).

Worked along with one other CEO as a team to approve code compliance and submit construction permits.

Met the challenge of reporting to two very different Management Requirements. One Architecture/Design orientated the other Construction Code Building Department Approval oriented.

Enjoyed the review several Retail Construction Plans (and designs) by the DOR, and inspection the proposed construction site/facility.
unorganized
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 10, 2015
management is too unorganized to make warehouse run as smooth as it could. management does just enough to get things by and they are too untrustworthy of their employees

1 2 3 4 5

About URS

URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. – Read more

URS Salaries