URS

URS Employer Reviews

Working for MTACC is good the work atmosphere is wonderful. I have my own cubile and it's quite. This allows me to do a good job.
Quality & Safety Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 28, 2014
Pros: because i'm a consultant working for mtacc i do not get all benefits that the company offers, however working for urs we get discounts on our phone, and travel discounts
Cons: healthcare beneifts are expensive
Although I work for URS, I am a consultant working for MTACC. A typical day at work for me at MTACC is first going through all the emails from the Safety Engineers. My responsibilities are to maintain all documentation for all Projects. Daily Reports and Daily Hazard Reports and Injury Reports are sent to me daily. I am responsible to archive this data, – more... which is use in a monthly report for the President's Report. Also setting up meetings for the Chief of Quality & Safety in which I have to contact other Administrative Assistants and all parties who have to participate in these meetings and arrange the appropriate time for everyone. A monthly report is generated for the analysis for the amount of Lost Time Injury (LTA) and Recordable (REC) for each Project. These charts show the rating for LTA and REC which have to meet the BLS National Standard. The management here is great. They respect you and help you to grow in the areas needed. I have learned a lot working in this position. I am able to multitask; the importance of having the information ready on time; being a team player; and I need little to none supervision once a task is explained and given to me. The hardest part of my job is waiting for the information to be sent to me. Because sometime I have to wait for the data to complete my part of the report. The most enjoyable part of the job is the work atmosphere, which is friendly, quiet and no unnecessary pressure from coworkers. Which allows me to perform my job everyday with a pleasant attitude. – less
Awsome
Material Coordinator (Current Employee), Fort Wainwright, AKAugust 21, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: changing to new computer systems
I Love My job and wish I could Stay here. Its so amaizing here I love what i do. I love the people I work with and theres not much more to say. This place rocks.
professional and family type environment.
project accountant (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 20, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: n/a
typical day at work, nice co-workers and enjoyable environment
31 years of new and exciting challenges.
Logistics Analyst/ Program Manager (Current Employee), Crane, INAugust 20, 2014
Good and dedicated people and great work environment. My thirty one years of service shows URS' commitment and dedication to keeping employees employed.
Promote professional and personal development
Hazardous Waste/Environmental Specialist (Current Employee), Stockton, UTAugust 19, 2014
It has truly been a pleasure to come to work every day. New challenges, great environment, talented coworkers and a very supportive manager.
Plane Captain
F-18 Plane Captain (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VirginiaAugust 18, 2014
Pros: travel, working on aircraft, a lot of leeway with breaks.
Cons: working in all kinds of weather conditions, if one works hard, they will be expected to work hard while those who don't, are expected to slack.
A job reserved for the hard-charging individual. The job is exiting and my weekend consists of a mix of Plane Captain duties such as washing, daily inspections, aircraft fueling and aircraft movement from one place to another ( from the flightline to the hangar or from the flightline to the wash rack) Management has its hands full trying to juggle the – more... needs and desires of the site's employees. The work ethic of the site is mixed, by that I mean some people go above and beyond and some do just barely enough to stay employed.There are tasks that are not very pleasant or glamorous such as washing aircraft or cleaning the flightline. Some parts of the job can be mundane or repetitive. There are no real hard parts of this job however, It can be sort of annoying to watch the same people volunteer to do things while others constantly loaf around. I love traveling with the squadron we work with. – less
Typically Work Day
Assist General Superintendent (Former Employee), Puerto Rico, Venezuela, Dominican RepublicAugust 17, 2014
Typical work day:, area managements daily safety and scheduling meeting before the regular forces start day shift or night shift, prior the forces start on all assign duties must be 10 minutes body stress and 15 minutes of tool safety meeting on different groups and disciplines, supervisor regular work day consists on project progress meeting, staff – more... meeting, safety meeting, punch lists, and other issued as require by the project manager and most important is build the project successful, revise all update drawings, PID, engineering revision, extra work, documents control and the most important to supervise close the tasks as assignments to prevent delays, fatalities and others important concern. – less
Work place
Toll Service Attendant (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 17, 2014
Pros: no pros really, just work with each others and help one another out
Cons: breaks are short sometimes time go so quick
Its a real good place to work , you learn a lot and also you get to meet all kind of people, which makes it fun
Sweat Shop Mentality. Rude co workers.
Sr Proposal Manager (Former Employee), Chantilly VAAugust 16, 2014
Pros: none that i can think of.
Cons: rude, mean people on my own team. boss would not back me up. discouraging atmosphere.
I worked at URS 2011 to 2012 in Business Development and Proposals. People there were rude and mean. I wrote up a harassment charge for a person on my own team. Didn't file it because it would affect her career. When I spoke to my boss about her, the boss said "we have to keep her because we are paying her so little!"

What a comment on their attitude – more... toward behavior and salary!

I worked out of the Chantilly VA location. Was assigned to a project in Germantown Md location for months. I was never even asked about this. My boss defined this as "more than commuting distance." And, she would not back me up to her own boss in Germantown. This was the end for me. – less
IT
IT Specialist (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 13, 2014
Taking care of office employees computers. Including adding/removing software/hardware.
Never Again.
Engineer (Former Employee), Oak RidgeAugust 12, 2014
Cons: continually downward spiral in benefits, virtually no raises after 4 years.
Probably the worst job ever. Continually downward spiral in benefits, virtually no raises after 4 years. HR is a joke.
Productive place
Court Liaison Clerk (Former Employee), Austin TXAugust 12, 2014
A typical day at work included answering phone calls, explaining accounts to customers and a lot of multitasking. The management was very hands on and centered around team work. The most enjoyable part of the job was the productivity. Getting all of the quotas met and all the customer's files turned in on time.
A challenging position where i was given the opportunity to learn new things every day
Electronic Technician (Former Employee), Tobyhanna, PAAugust 12, 2014
•Work independently and as a team member to complete assigned tasks
•Work directly with engineers and other higher grade employees to make important task related decisions
•Follow detailed manuals, flow chart diagrams and wiring schematics
•Build complex wiring harnesses, power cables and data cable assemblies
•Manufacture radio frequency (RF)cable – more... assemblies for military communication systems
•Inspect, test and repair system components using specialized tools and automated test equipment
•Soldering experience – less
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Cost Analyst (Former Employee), Shrewsbury, NJAugust 11, 2014
Maintain all billing for 252 task orders. Setup the contract and billing master files and maintain them on a daily basis.
One office downtown to little space
Principal I/C Designer (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKAugust 9, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: buy your own office supplies
Check in for head count.
I learned that you have to report your timesheet everyday
and on quarterly time period end on Thursday before the end of the day and charge Friday to a time code that you may or may not be approved for.
Management, make the weekly hours long meetings and be sure to project man hours that they like to hear regardless of accuracy – more... (So the General can say the road is Open).
Co-workers were young and very in-experienced but were very good at playing space rangers and surfing the internet on their computers while texting their friends on their cell phones at the same time.
The hardest job was a Fuel Gas Conversion Project where you had over 30 years of rats nests and you could not walk down the facility and tell the constructor where to locate equipment and land the incoming wiring to antiquated PLC cabinets and marshalling the homerun cabling.
Most enjoyable part of the job was getting laid off right before Thanksgiving so they did not have to pay Holiday pay and they could then out source the jobs to Romania.
I do not think this review should be posted – less
I enjoyed the job and all the opertunities it provided for all the workers.
Records Clerk (Former Employee), Hermiston, ORAugust 6, 2014
Pros: this job was very rewarding for me, stretched me and showed me what i can do.
Cons: this overall opertunity was a great experience.
Rather not go into any kind of comments!! this is not necessary and we have a right if we don't care to get into any kind of discussion about a job.
Great Place to work, and with great people to work with.
Office Assistant (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAAugust 6, 2014
Pros: good office environment
Learned how to plot large documents and drawings for scanning, how to build a job for bid, enter data into Project Management Console (PMC), Project Wise (PW) and was introduced to Auto CAD.
I enjoyed learning all these new processes and anything to expand my knowledge of these. The hardest part of the job was if a machine was down and we really had – more... to get the information ready to go out, had to find a way around it which was challenging but we had to get it done.

Management was always professional and ready to help in anyway they could. – less
Good cowokers and a fun hands on environment
Residential Aircraft Expert/ Plane Captain (Current Employee), Coronado, CAAugust 4, 2014
Pros: good coworkers and benfits
Cons: very little advancement opportunities, micormanaging crippling the workers
This job has given me a lot of new experiences and I have worked hard to progress. This company could do better by allowing more advancement opportunities or having an annual raise instead of just capping out. Micromanaging/ not listening to the people doing the actual work has crippled and demoralized the hard workers. This company is a good stepping – more... stone comapny or a foot in the door to the aviation world. – less
URS was not a fun place to work
Senior Director Business Capture (Former Employee), Chantilly, VaJuly 31, 2014
Cons: too many to list
URS acquired Apptis and did not understand the Federal space and IT contracts
URS
JR Tier Two Floor Tech (Former Employee), Aberdeen, MDJuly 30, 2014
My job contained dealing with customers and production of the distribution center. I worked on converyors forklifts plc and laser/thermal printers. I repaired and replaced broken parts to make sure production stayed functional.

1 2 3 4 5

About URS

URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. – Read more