URS Employee Reviews

Highly Recommended Company
Air Quality Technician (Former Employee), Manila, ARJuly 29, 2015
Pros: provides a lot of trainings
Cons: job security is weak
Employees work as a team, I've learned a lot of things with regards to air quality. The hardest part of the job is when we conduct 24 hrs air monitoring, when you need to be at the site for a long period of time. Enjoyed the camaraderie in the company.
worked with designer, material personel, stress engineers, pipe spec engineers.
Supervisor Discipline Eng (Piping Design Manager) (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Excellent design and project management team
Cons: Designing well site 5 thousand miles away.
working with entire design team, developing a stream line method of bill of material between design company and client software. Developed a process to create and modify piping spec's.

Worked closely with Project Mangers, URS and Client

development of bill of material between URS software and client software.

Great team of designers and material personnel
I would rather not at this time. I like the inspection job
Inspector (Former Employee), baton rougeJuly 23, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: none
I would rather not at this time. I like the inspection job. I work in Port Arthur, Beaumont, and orange. I lived in the Houston, Texas area next to Pearland, texas
Large Corporation
Piping Engineer Intern (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 21, 2015
I worked as a Piping Engineer Intern during my sophomore and junior years of college. Being a large business, URS Corporation had its pros as well as cons. What I liked about URS was its pay as well as opportunity for growth, and the ability to work in teams on various projects. The main con of working for URS was its job security. Being a contracting company, there wasn't great job security. I would actually prefer to work for a small business.
Can be slow at times, overall great place to work
OWM Operator/DPE Tender (Former Employee), Hermiston, ORJuly 21, 2015
Good balance of work and time off. Good compensation and benefits. Plenty of new skills to learn and advance if your willing to put in the time and effort.
professional and competent office personnel
Instrumentation and Controls Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCJuly 20, 2015
Pros: responsibilities commenurate with experience
Cons: assignment was too short due to cutbacks.
Good quality assignments.
opportunity to interface with the Client in implementing the field changes.

Great opportunity to work on modernizarion of the security systems,
Productive company that stresses attendance and punctuality.
Supply Technician (Former Employee), New Boston, TXJuly 19, 2015
Overall great company to work for to gain problem solving and time management skills. Also allows you to display your creativity and innovative skills.
URS Corporation (formerly United Research Services) was an engineering, design, and construction firm and a U.S. federal government contractor.
Assist General Superintendent (Former Employee), Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, VenezuelaJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Organize corporation
Cons: Recpectfully Human Right Corporation
Excellent good name company, wonderfully management and respectfully firm, where recognize the effort and the motivation with one of the best environmental safety program, personally I will come back again on its staff at any time.
Great place to work and have a great career.
Schedule Staff Lead, ANCDF (Former Employee), Anniston, ALJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Great Company - Looks out for employees, Some of the finest people in the world work there and you feel like it's a TEAM.
Cons: Can't think of any
I spent approximately 30 years working with URS and legacy companies. Very large company with fair and great managers and staff. You feel like its a large family and are proud to work with them.
Interesting place to work
Heavy Equipment Mobile Mechanic (Current Employee), Albany, GAJuly 10, 2015
The company has been up and down and just merged with Aecom, but overall they treated me good. Unfortunately you are stuck at one pay grade and never receive rases.
Great company who cares about their employees
Shipping/Receiving (Current Employee), Oklahoma CityJuly 9, 2015
I love working for a company who cares about their employees, we get our job done in a timely manner, we treat each other with the upmost respect, we have company picnics and overall it's a great company to work for
Good enviroment and a good company to work.
Avionics Technician (Former Employee), Decatur, TXJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Good salary and beneficts
Cons: Racist people and not very friendly.
8 hrs a day starting at 7:00 am. Usually i have something assignated for the day.
Learn of instruments systems. No very good realtionship with my co-workers. Management were very unfair.
The hardest part of the job were have to do assigments that did not correspond with my type of work.
The most enjoyable part of work was to interact with new people.
pays good
EHS Lead (Former Employee), Prudhoe Bay, AKJuly 6, 2015
pays good. pays good.pays good.pays good.pays good.pays good.pays good.pays good.pays good.pays good.pays good.pays good.pays good.pays good.pays good.pays good.pays good.
Productive Place to Work
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Mobile, ALJuly 5, 2015
Nice place to work with good benefits and competent staff that are experts in their respective fields of engineering. I've learned a great deal about office logistics and we often have office luncheons for morale.
productive
Fleet Mechanic/Fleet Foreman (Current Employee), Washington, ILJune 30, 2015
Good people, great management. Co-workers were awesome and compensation was very fair. Safe conditions were very important to this company.
URS Corp.
Biological Team Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Washington, PAJune 29, 2015
Pros: Opportunity
Cons: Salary
Fast paced Environmental Consulting Company. Fantastic recognition system with a good management team. Pay could be better, but it is a rewarding environment,
URS has diversify projects and able me to work on different area of the industries.
Consulting Engineer II (Current Employee), Denver, COJune 29, 2015
Pros: Allow me to expanse the area of knowledge.
Cons: none
I enjoyed working with the projects and co-workers. the hardest part of the job is away from home on the field assignments.
No work. Not able to win BIDs
Instrumentation and Controls Engineer II (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 29, 2015
Didn't win BIDs to be competitive in engineering business. Lots of older people sitting around with high salaries that work in slow motion. Young talent worked much faster and harder for less money.
Great co-workers Management Needs Improvment
Tech. II (General Laborer) (Former Employee), Sanford, NCJune 27, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers
Cons: Horrible communication, conflict of interest
Lead guyand co-workers Were Fine BUT Management was Horrible Communication was horrible and sometimes disrespectful and a bad case of conflict of interest, and no room for advancement form within unless you are a friend meaning he knew before you were hired or a family member in that order don't voice your opinion or you can end up on the black ball list..
Productive and Fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 25, 2015
Pros: Lunches, Bonuses, company picnics, PTO and sick days.
Cons: I was sad of the layoff
I absolutely loved this place. The atmosphere was always light and upbeat. I always felt valued and appreciated. There was no hard part to the job. The most enjpyable part of the job was when the clients were pleased with the services that URS provided and also knowing that URS was working towards making our environment safe.
Headquarters