URS

URS Employee Reviews

Good benefits
Acting day crew DPE Support Area supervisor (Former Employee), PIne Bluff Arsenal Pine bluff ARMay 21, 2015
Pros: PTO, 401k
Cons: extensive backgroung checks can be time consuming
Benefits were very good with PTO and 401k match, management was less than impressive sometimes but the work environment was pleasant most of the time.
Contract work, easy days
Deposit Insurance Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 18, 2015
Learned a lot about government work and contract work. Great opportunity to work within the government without being a part of it. It was a call center position so as with any call center, it became very redundant.
Productive and great workplace.
Tool Room Attendant (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMay 15, 2015
Pros: Living in So. California
Cons: The pay.
A typical day is to provide maintenance support for the Navy, and the things that I have learned is to be more hands on with my work. The management team here can be more proactive with the employees. My co-workers are great people to work with very knowledgeable team I have to work with. The hardest part of my job is satisfying everybody's needs, and the most enjoyable part is putting in eight hours and going home to my family.
Interesting place to work.
Plant Operator (Former Employee), Hermiston, ORMay 13, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: A chemical leak.
Very busy. Be patient. They have a job to do also. Not having equipment or manpower. Getting all the rewards and Certs. I enjoyed the challenging and all the rewards with this job.
Great Experience
Aircraft Mechanic II, Flight Line Manager (Current Employee), Lemoore CaMay 13, 2015
Pros: Work with alot of great people
Cons: Job is not available in Sacramento CA. area
I love the challenge working here, but I am needing to locate to a job by Sacramento, California.
A typical day at work here is very busy in meeting all requirements of a daily flight schedule.
productive and nice location
Electronics Technician (Former Employee), Fort Knox, KYMay 6, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: no job security
productive and a nice work environment. The hanger was cleaned and neat. The management was fair and easy to work with. The work was steady and very much a challenge at times.
Good job.
Aircraft Worker (Former Employee), Lemoore, CAApril 28, 2015
Pros: The pay.
Cons: Conflicting with military personnel.
Just like being in Navy again minus the military life. I miss it. Working with fellow veterans was the best. Diversity with people is way above what I experience in the civilian sector. When you already know the job from your experience in the Navy then its like riding a bike. The hardest part of the job was showing up. Most enjoyable part was the travel.
good place to work
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee), Lakehurst, NJApril 26, 2015
Overall I enjoyed working for URS and appreciate all I learned during my time there. It was a fast paced environment.

I loved my daily interactions with my co-workers. I was told I was often relied upon for my positive attitude. There is nothing I can say that I did not love about going to work everyday.
It was a wonderful experience.
Clerk II (Former Employee), Oregon, OHApril 16, 2015
Pros: Great wage
Cons: Job security
Good people to work with.
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee), Hurricane, WVApril 15, 2015
Pros: Professional people.
Cons: none
I have worked only on specific projects as a consultant on matters of quality assurance procedures and practices and on issues related to Portland cement concrete specifications and problem analysis.
Worked on contracts
Engineering Technologist II (Current Employee), Crane, INApril 12, 2015
Not fair to give a full company review, they were only the go-between on the contract. The people I worked with at the company were very nice and knew their positions well. I didn't have any problems with pay that were not resolved and the company seemed to really put a lot of effort into making sure its people were taken care of.
Great Company
Deputy Engineering Manager (Former Employee), Anniston, ALApril 9, 2015
Pros: Management really cared about the people
Cons: no available transfers to other divisions
I worked at the Anniston Chemical Weapons Disposal Plant and URS provided the best opportunity for people to excel and contribute to the success of the facility.
Either very busy or no work at all.
Electrical Designer (Current Employee), Princeton, NJApril 9, 2015
Pros: money
Cons: stress
Poor management of projects. Nobody seems to be in charge. There is no control over projects and due dates are missed regularly due to poor planning. Picture a ship at sea with no Captain.
Nice Place to Work
Financial/Budget Analyst (Current Employee), Dahlgren, VAApril 3, 2015
Overall this is a nice company to work for. The company recently merged with AECOM in October 2014 and is striving to maintain it's reputation of the one of the Best Places to Work in the US.
Better Than Advertised
Project Controls (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Flex schedule
Cons: Over worked
Overall, the company is progressive and on the cutting edge. They look to use revenue to assist the employee in doing their job better. They may have one person to do the work of three, but they give you the technology, etc. to be able to do the job well.
Challenging and busy environment all around
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Joplin, MOMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits, challenging, room for advancement and company picnics.
Cons: It was a temporary position
Well, there was never a typical day at Radian International/URS Corporation. Every day was a new day with different duties depending on what was on agenda and in need of directive. While working for company I learned how to utilize software programs such as Paradox 7 database, Lotus Notes and Electronic Time Entry systems. Let's just say I learned administrative office skills. Management was a combination of great minds working all as one. As for my co-workers, I have no complaints there. We all worked together to make sure project worked out as smoothly as possible. The hardest part of the job was knowing the project would be completed within the given time and no longer be. The best part of the job was knowing I played a part in all of it and I learned so much from the rules and regulations of the Environmental Protection Agency and the Army Corps of Engineers. Not to mention it was the best job I ever had.
ITS A GOOD PLACE TO WORK
Heavy equipment Mechanic (Former Employee), Albany, GAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: TWO 15 MINUTE BREAK AND ONE 30 MINUTE BREAK FOR LUNCH
Cons: THE INSURANCE WAS GOOD DENTAL, EYECARE, HEALTH
MY REVIEW URS IT IS A VERY NICE PLACE TO WORK AT THE CONDITION IS GOOD MANAGEMENT GOOD I LIKE MY JOB THERE AS A HEAVY EQIUPERMENT MECHANIC.
URS needs to be more involved in mentoring and employee growth
Principal Security Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Meade, MDMarch 25, 2015
URS is a great company but because it is so large they tend to over look the people at the bottom. I just hope that in the future the company would be more focused on employee growth and advancement.
Comes to work to perform my best to the company and employees
HR Administrator (Former Employee), Chantilly, VAMarch 25, 2015
Proactive, works well as a team or independently, willing to learn, enjoys performing the work. Processes new hires, terminations, leads orientation, responds to daily emails and phone calls, runs reports as needed, provide both verbal and written employment verifications, assist recruiting team, provide support to management, team members and employees. Doing my job to provide timely answers and results makes me proud of the job I perform. It is important to provide the assistance to the employees so they can do their jobs as needed.
Great learning environment
Project Controls Cost and Schedule Analyst II (Current Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Great job security as well as great balance between work and family.
I have worked for two departments in URS's energy sector and both departments encouraged training and mentor-ship of young employees. They encouraged a good balance between work and life as well.

1 2 3 4 5

About URS

URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. – Read more

URS Salaries