URS

URS Employer Reviews

URS on a whole was a wonderful employer
Program Support/Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), Lakehurst Naval Air Center, NJDecember 15, 2014
Pros: family like atmosphere
Cons: change in management alot
Overall I enjoyed working for URS and appreciate all I learned during my time there. It was a fast paced environment.
Friendly and Productive Environment
Certified Project Administrator (Current Employee), Portland, ORDecember 14, 2014
Pros: i'm trusted to do my job well without hovering supervision, but am aware my supervisor is always there for me.
Cons: sometimes corporate red tape gets in the way of progress.
Daily tasks range from running/reviewing project financial reports and tending to urgent issues (going over budget, unpaid A/R, etc.) to meet regional demands and attend meetings regarding same, reviewing and coding vendor invoices to pertinent job numbers, editing and routing subcontracts in negotiation, opening new project numbers after obtaining – more... appropriate documentation and formatting/producing environmental reports.

My time at URS has taught me much about the world of consulting and individual project financial impacts on an office and region.

The hardest part of my job is answering for project management errors that lead to negative financial impacts on the office, considering I am not a Project Manager and cannot control any of the issues that cause the negative impact.

What I love about my job is managing and producing large environmental deliverables. I excel at organizing and keeping individual report pieces consistent and accurate. I also enjoy the variety of responsibilities and tasks. – less
Great Company
Journeyman Carpenter (Former Employee), Deadhorse, AKDecember 12, 2014
Worked the STV-IP Project in Prudhoe Bay, Alaska with this company. Excellent field management, safety culture, and employee treatment. Wish they had more US based oil/gas construction jobs.
Challenging
Painter (Former Employee), Peoria, ILDecember 11, 2014
URS is a very nice place to be employed. I enjoyed going to work every day.
Best employer
Construction Manager (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDDecember 11, 2014
Fair and reasonable management. Clear direction and communication of expectations. Good work / life balance. Good group of co-workers. Management committed to mentoring. Performance oriented managers. Excellent benefits program. Positive attitude by all co-workers. Very professional support staff.
OK place to work, nothing special
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Oak Harbor, WADecember 11, 2014
work as aircraft maintenance, contractor. 40 hour work week, little or no overtime. spend about 20% on the road. great co-workers. left on good terms, tried to get hired back but will not contact or reply to e-mail or job submit. lots of jobs overseas on web site. but like to hire expat's for these jobs.
Project Controls
Project Cost Control Analyst (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKDecember 9, 2014
Pros: leaving the company
Cons: urs will show up on my resume
It was the worst experience of my career. I've learned that you can't believe a word they say. Senior management will promise the world to employees then the next day they will finger point and pass the blame. Unprofessional behavior by long term employees (the good old boys) and senior management takes advantage of the clients. The Alaska office is – more... poorly ran and majority of the employees last 1 year before quitting or transferring. The most enjoyable part was finding another job and leaving. – less
URS IRAQ
Certified Light Wheeled Service Mechanic (Former Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 9, 2014
Typical day at work involved repairing and sustaining military vehicles and equipment.
I learned a lot about heavy diesel and teamwork.
My co-workers involved some of the best workers in the world.
Hardest part of my job was being in a warzone.
The easiest part of my job was working.
Overall URS is a team of very capable and talented professionals.
Architectural consultant (Current Employee), New OrleansDecember 5, 2014
URS, now a part of AECOM is a great company. I enjoy working with the people and I would continue to work there is the need for an architect continues. Unfortunately, the company is mainly an engineering company and the architectural work is limited.

The hardest part of the job is not being able to meet the client, in most cases and try to convey the – more... reasoning behind some of the design decisions. It's smart to be concerned about cost, but not at the expense of the long term outlook of the building and it's useful life. – less
Unique work experience
Plant Operator, Engineer Tech., CADD Tech. (Former Employee), Hermiston, ORDecember 4, 2014
Enjoyed the work I did, the people I worked with and the supervisors and managers I directly work for.
Was very different
Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee), Hill Air force baseDecember 4, 2014
This was a temporary contract and it was very dis organized. Seemed like everyone was always sitting around waiting for work. It did pay well and have great benefits and I did meet some good people.They need to work on their safety procedures and have more supervisors in daily functions.
Excellent, professional place to work. Excellent safety standards.
Configuration Management Specialist (Former Employee), Anniston, ALDecember 3, 2014
Pros: working with a diverse group of individuals with many diffrent skill sets.
URS was an excellent place to work. The company employed a diverse group of individuals who understood the importance of professionalism and outstanding work ethics while maintaining exemplary employer/employee relationships.

The hardest part of the job was was meeting the various challenges of change in the work environment but this was also one of – more... the most enjoyable aspects because you were always in a position to learn something new. – less
Company looked attractive but management was disappointingly extremely poor.
Human Resources (Former Employee), Oil & Gas, TexasDecember 2, 2014
Pros: fortune 500 company
Cons: managment, written policy not followed or no policy
As a fortune 500 company, I thought a billion dollar company had all their policies and procedures in order. HUGE MISTAKE!!! They have policies that are not followed, rules that change daily and management that are unfair, unjustified and have no idea how to lead.

Everyone has a job to do but there is so much waste. The culture is to do as little as – more... possible and get away with whatever you can. Do not think of better, more effective, efficient or more cost saving ways of conducting business because they make enough money to waste $100k a month.

Very disappointed on the mis-management, lack of leadership and total disregard to what was best for the business. – less
Stable
ACCOUNTING MANAGER (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 28, 2014
Stable company, but behind in leveraging technology to collaborate, in order to combine skills to create synergies.
URS is a solid company with good pay and advancement
Technical Project Manager (Current Employee), Chantilly, VANovember 22, 2014
URS lives up to their core values of ethical behavior and safety focus. I have been well compensated and have advanced through many positions across several contracts.

The demands on employees depend on the contract. I currently work on a project with borderline unrealistic demands on my time, but previous contracts I have worked were predictable schedules – more... and acceptable demands on time. – less
great place to work
FACILITIES MODIFICATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Stockton, UTNovember 21, 2014
Really great place to work. Too bad they are gone. I would still be there. I hope to find another place as good as they were to work again. very safety conscious. I am only typing things to make the right amount of words now. so this is going to be a ramble due to the fact that they are no longer in business and there is no value to this review.
Challenging and productive place to work
Chemist (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 20, 2014
A typical day at work included analytical characterization of field-samples acquired at a variety of coal-fired powerplants. I learned a variety of new analytical techniques and was given the opportunity to design bench scale models to assist clients in developing pollution remedies at the plant and test sorbent materials. The hardest part of the job – more... was the travelling requirements. It was expected that you would travel at any given moment. – less
Environmental clean up of contaminated soil.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Sacramento, CANovember 16, 2014
A typical day at work would be the use of all different pieces of heavy equipment in the use of digging up contaminated soil and loading on trucks to send to other states.
Good people, Good benefits
Programmer Analyst III (Current Employee), Norfolk, VANovember 13, 2014
URS is a good place to work with great people. I have gained a lot of good experience working with a team.
Interesting job expericence
Tech Assistant (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CANovember 12, 2014
Working as contractor through URS was interesting; Had to provide own work maintain own schedule and make sure up to date on all processess

1 2 3 4 5

About URS

URS Corporation provides a range of¬†engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. – Read more