URS

URS Employer Reviews

The work was intersting and nothing I'd ever done before.
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee), Fayetteville ga.July 23, 2014
Pros: the money was great
Typical day ivolved speaking with people all ove the country and learning all about them. Learned to recruite on a larger scale. Management was great. Coworkers were awsome. Hardestpart was learning to critic resume and decide what was true and what was false. I was able to travel.
Outdated
operations (Former Employee), denver, coJuly 22, 2014
Pros: international travel
Cons: materials
intelligent group and talented coworkers

opportunity to travel internationally

outdated presentation materials

some managers did not work as a team
Productive fast pace work place
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), whidbey island WaJuly 21, 2014
Good management they lead by example. Best aircraft mechanics I ever worked with they made it fun and I learned a lot from them.
Excellent company to work for. Caring management that recognizes hard work.
IT Technician (Former Employee), Sather Air Base, IraqJuly 19, 2014
Pros: salary, co-workers
Cons: confined to small base in iraq
A typical day was 12 hours working with fellow employees to troubleshoot any network or computer issues. The management was involved, receptive, and caring. My co-workers were wonderful. Everyone ensured nothing was "one-man-deep". We all trained one another to do each others jobs. The hardest part of the job was the initial adjustment to 120 degree – more... plus heat. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was the ability to do so many different things. One day could be spent troubleshooting the network and the next flying to a remote location to set up a VSAT. – less
Good company to work for.
Aircraft Worker / Plane Captain (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 18, 2014
Great pay and benefits. Hard to move up in company if you are not corporate.
Wonderful Management team willing to mentor your leadership skills
Operations Supervisor SEMTOC (Current Employee), Detroit, MIJuly 16, 2014
Pros: great place to work program
Cons: healthcare is not very competative
URS is an excellent company to work for. The management team is the most supportive team!
Too Corporate
Senior Buyer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 11, 2014
Very cold company, its all about the numbers and not the people.
Staff and workers are great people to work with
QC Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Wever, IowaJuly 7, 2014
Pros: training and safety program
Cons: contract work only
A day at work consists of a morning start of stretch and flex for all employees. Checking emails and constant assistance in the office if needed. The co-workers are very friendly and knowledgable of the project and the most enjoyable part of this project is all the extra training options that the company offers.
Nice place
Receptionist/Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Dahlgren, VAJuly 6, 2014
This was a very nice place to work the atmosphere was warm and welcoming to all who entered the building although it was a business people were treated like family.
Great people employer
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Fayetteville, GA ( Irag )July 4, 2014
Pros: good pay and good rr
Cons: travel time from site locations
Work with Military personnel ( MC, Army & USAF ) great environment in seeing our Military working together. Enjoyed the respect that was giving by my Co-Worker. worked hard and played hard. Company had a great Morale program Employment in Iraq .
Poor Management, overworked, and constant harrassment
Survey Associate III (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 3, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: treatment of employees, long hours, heathcare
URS purchased BPBarber and kept all previous management which was a mistake. It's the good-ole-boy system at the company. Upper management fired both of my supervisors then forced me to do their jobs. Of course, I was unable to complete the tasks, so I was written up and verbally abused on a regular basis. Required on our timesheets to record all time – more... in 15 minute increments. This is impossible because I handled 20 projects a day. I was told by my supervisor to bill clients even thou I did not work on their projects. This practice is the unwritten rule in the Columbia office. If you want unethical treatment join the survey department at URS. – less
Unique Workplace
Program Analyst (Former Employee), Stafford, VAJuly 2, 2014
Management allowed 1 individual to be extremely cruel to the team, this could have been a great opportunity for the organization to grow in a positive direction but the atmosphere was tense all of the time.
Consultant
Associate Architect with SCA (Current Employee), Long Island City, NYJuly 2, 2014
Pros: none that i know of
Cons: health benefits
Some people really like working for this company. I don't really know what it's like since I am based at the SCA. The only thing I can comment on is their health benefits. It's not that great.
Not a bad place to work
Mechanic (Former Employee), Ft. Hood Tx.June 30, 2014
This is not a bad place to work. Just like all jobs, it what you make of it.
Great Company
Philadelphia - Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 30, 2014
URS is a great company to work for. There are a lot of opportunities for growth. Everyone is very nice and considerate.
Paid the bills
Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee), KoreaJune 29, 2014
Pros: pay was good
Cons: no room for any advancement
Pay was great but every year it was reduced or a benifit was removed
Competitive compensation but less job security
Consulting Engineer (Current Employee), Princeton, NJJune 27, 2014
It's generally a good company to work for. Salary is among the highest in the industry, but job security is also worrisome when projects ran out. It lacks proper management which directly caused loss of clients. Co-workers are generally nice but exceptions do exist. I enjoyed working here most of the time.
It's a check
Store Front Lead (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCJune 26, 2014
A typical day at work can be interesting. I have notice that the employee morale rather low for a company of this size. There are several things that could possibly be improve.
If you are looking for a job keep looking
Project Accounting Specialist (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 25, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
The only reason I gave this company 1 star is because I had to!! If it was up to me I would give this company a -5 star!! Management is horrible. Hostile work place. This company cares nothing about its employees unless it benefits their own pockets. I worked there for 5 months went home in tears every day. If your looking for a job KEEP LOOKING PLEASE!! – more... Dont put yourself through this HELLHOLE!! – less
outstanding professiolism and enjoyable environment working with military personnel.
Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee), San Diego, CaJune 24, 2014
Fast pace and quick judgements skills are needed to be succesful at URS Line Division. Co-workers are outstanding and have plenty of experience which makes my job as a Supervisor easy. The hardest part of the job is making quick and reliable judgements referring to aircraft readiness and mission ready assignments to be completed on a timely manner. – more... Enjoyable part of the job is working with military personnel and the professionalism that comes along with it. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About URS

URS Corporation provides a range of¬†engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. – Read more