URS

URS Employer Reviews

Great place to work!
Office Administrative Manager (Current Employee), Fresno, CAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: the health benefits and salary are almost as awesome as my co-workers.
Cons: i have recently been placed on part time status due to lack of billable work in fresno branch.
Company is struggling financially and I have had my hours recently reduced. I am now looking for other full time opportunities where my talents and experience can benefit me and my new employer.
Contract
Admin Assistant - Engineering/Fossil-Hydro (Former Employee), Rochester, NYOctober 9, 2014
Pros: contract
Cons: contract
They were a good company to work for. I can tell you more in person or on the phone. Thank you.
Great work environment with room to advance.
Hazardous waste tech, Life support Tech (Former Employee), Stockton, UTOctober 5, 2014
Pros: paid lunch breaks
Cons: can't leave site until are shift was over.
Quality inspections
Building commissioning experience
Procedure Development
Blueprint interpretation
Safety-oriented
Excellent written and verbal skills
High angle rescue
Self-motivated
million man hours
Microsoft office
Excellent communication skills
Safe Job for those who are unmotivated
Construction Engineer (Former Employee), Olmsted, ILSeptember 29, 2014
If you want to show up late every day, not work hard, and have outstanding job security this is the place for you. Little to no reward or recognition for those who truly show up early every day and give it their all.
Good work while it lasts
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee), Albany, GASeptember 28, 2014
Good decent growing company. But had shady dealings with employees.
great new experience
Collection Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: inconsistent pay
URS is a very competitive driven company highly driven to be and stay one of the top agency in the business. Most enjoyable part of this job is the things I've learned. From financial planning to communicating with all walks of life. I enjoy the competent leaders that help and manage us as agents. Its been and continues to be great experience.
VPP STAR Site Over 17,000,000 man house without lost time
Supply Technician (Current Employee), Tooele, UTSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: benefits, good pay, good working enviroment
Cons: worked ourselves out of a job
Good company to work for, destroyed 46% of the nations stockpile
of chemical weapons, good safety culture, management very good
best group of co-workers I have ever worked with. Very satisfying to
see the stockpile gone and the danger it posed mitigated.
Relaxed Environment and Good People
Estimator/Project Manager (Current Employee), Covina, CASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: quiet and you manage yourself.
Nice place to work, relaxed atmosphere, every body does their job. You manage your time and your work load.
Cutbacks causing unsettlement
EPA Technical Support (Current Employee), VASeptember 23, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: cutbacks
Cutbacks causing unsettlement.
Management non-existent
Majority of senior staff has left.
Great place to work, the people were great but did not live in Maryland
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee), Columbia, MDSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: work environnment
Since I reside inn Allison Park, PA. and then work in Columbia MD. it always caused a conflict that seemed to be very difficult to overcome, due to the political environment of Maryland. I am presently furloughed due to lack of work and if given the opportunity would return. My preference would be to stay in the Western PA region but difficult to find relevant work in my field of Mechanical Engineering.

Working for a governmental agency was very interesting. The campus on which we were supporting was large. It has approximately 25 building of different uses and I was exposed to every type of mechanical system there was.

Management was not micromanaging, but the matrix of the many projects caused some difficulties getting things completed on a timely basis. Management has also been supportive of my work/home balance, over the past year, and I would hope that it continues.

We are a division of URS that performs general contracting work so my skills were used based on the demand of work. If they needed a lead Mechanical Engineer, I would be leading a project. If they needed field support during a construction phase I would be there also. Design included researching codes, verifying field conditions, and interacting with the clients, just to name a few.

As far as collaboration between co-workers, I always felt there was a barrier that reflected the political culture of Maryland.
Decent pay and does not want to give incentives for cross training.
Crane Inspector (Former Employee), Peoria, ILSeptember 22, 2014
Cons: no incentives to improve or move forward.
Each job in this company is trade specific. If you are an electrician, that is all you work on. If you are maintenance, that is all you work on. If you are a crane inspector, you inspect cranes. Management wants to lower the number of employees working by cross training everyone. That is a good idea if incentives were given to those not making as much as those hired for that trade. Typical day on the job consisted of logging into computer and printing you work for the day / week / month. Filling out tags or paperwork. Completing assigned work. Signing off completed work with dates and times in computer system.
Good pay, great company to work for.
Sheet Metal Mechanic (Current Employee), Albany, GASeptember 21, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: short lunches
I enjoy working for this company because it allows me to expand my abilities as a sheet metal mechanic and provides on the job training.
Very friendly work environment surrounded by many years of experience.
Aircraft Worker (Current Employee), Coronado, CASeptember 18, 2014
The job consists of aircraft maintenance, incorporated with training missions for US Navy pilots which can be a grueling task at some cases. However, with well trained co workers on site, the job is fairly easy and, at times, enjoyable. Advancement, however, is lacking.
Has a good and safe work environment
HEAVY MOBILE EQUIPMENT MECHANIC (Former Employee), Albany, GASeptember 17, 2014
I learned how work on different equipment that the military use on a day to day basis. I was honored to work for them to support the troops.
good place to work
Pollution Abatement Operator- Monitor (Former Employee), tooele,utahSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: good benfits
Cons: shift work
take readings on all Equipment in the pas pumps,turbines ID fans and other related Equipment every 4 hrs through out the day or Night to make sure is running good
Productive and fun place to work
HSE Engineer (Former Employee), CASeptember 16, 2014
Great opportunities for career growth. Staff is very helpful. Learned lot of new things.
Very flexible company
Senior Project Administrator/Cost Engineer (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: lots of lunches, great place to work functions
Cons: management communication
Have wonderful managers to work with; hardest part of the job is making sure that all time worked is billable. The most enjoyable part of the job is it is flexible and for the most part laid back. Co workers are great.
Strong management encouraged growth in office and employees
Financial Supervisor/Billing Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OHSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: great management and wonderful individuals to work with, challenging tasks encouraged growth in my position
Cons: onset of recession in 2008
Hands-on management encouraged open door discussions which enabled additional learning and growing which was encouraged by middle and senior management. From the onset I was given the opportunity to take on assignments where I had never ventured and of course my confidence grew.
As the business grew I was given approval to begin hiring staff then I was able to take on additional tasks that benefitted the bottom line of the office and allowed growth in the tasks taken on by my department.
My 20+ years with URS was the greatest experience of working life.
Contract
Business Analyst / SharePoint Administrator (Current Employee), Norfolk, VASeptember 9, 2014
I enjoy working at URS on this current contract. The company is awesome and they have awesome benefits as well.
I only had the opportunity to work at URS for a short time, but while I was there, I genuinely the staff that I worked with.
GIS / AutoCAD Operator (Former Employee), Ontario, CASeptember 7, 2014
I enjoyed the responsibility of my position, as well as the pressure of last minute assignments that were given to me. My ability to rapid switch gears was greatly enhanced during my time with URS.

About URS

URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. – Read more