URS

URS Employer Reviews

One office downtown to little space
Principal I/C Designer (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKAugust 9, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: buy your own office supplies
Check in for head count.
I learned that you have to report your timesheet everyday
and on quarterly time period end on Thursday before the end of the day and charge Friday to a time code that you may or may not be approved for.
Management, make the weekly hours long meetings and be sure to project man hours that they like to hear regardless of accuracy – more... (So the General can say the road is Open).
Co-workers were young and very in-experienced but were very good at playing space rangers and surfing the internet on their computers while texting their friends on their cell phones at the same time.
The hardest job was a Fuel Gas Conversion Project where you had over 30 years of rats nests and you could not walk down the facility and tell the constructor where to locate equipment and land the incoming wiring to antiquated PLC cabinets and marshalling the homerun cabling.
Most enjoyable part of the job was getting laid off right before Thanksgiving so they did not have to pay Holiday pay and they could then out source the jobs to Romania.
I do not think this review should be posted – less
I enjoyed the job and all the opertunities it provided for all the workers.
Records Clerk (Former Employee), Hermiston, ORAugust 6, 2014
Pros: this job was very rewarding for me, stretched me and showed me what i can do.
Cons: this overall opertunity was a great experience.
Rather not go into any kind of comments!! this is not necessary and we have a right if we don't care to get into any kind of discussion about a job.
Great Place to work, and with great people to work with.
Office Assistant (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAAugust 6, 2014
Pros: good office environment
Learned how to plot large documents and drawings for scanning, how to build a job for bid, enter data into Project Management Console (PMC), Project Wise (PW) and was introduced to Auto CAD.
I enjoyed learning all these new processes and anything to expand my knowledge of these. The hardest part of the job was if a machine was down and we really had – more... to get the information ready to go out, had to find a way around it which was challenging but we had to get it done.

Management was always professional and ready to help in anyway they could. – less
Good cowokers and a fun hands on environment
Residential Aircraft Expert/ Plane Captain (Current Employee), Coronado, CAAugust 4, 2014
Pros: good coworkers and benfits
Cons: very little advancement opportunities, micormanaging crippling the workers
This job has given me a lot of new experiences and I have worked hard to progress. This company could do better by allowing more advancement opportunities or having an annual raise instead of just capping out. Micromanaging/ not listening to the people doing the actual work has crippled and demoralized the hard workers. This company is a good stepping – more... stone comapny or a foot in the door to the aviation world. – less
URS was not a fun place to work
Senior Director Business Capture (Former Employee), Chantilly, VaJuly 31, 2014
Cons: too many to list
URS acquired Apptis and did not understand the Federal space and IT contracts
URS
JR Tier Two Floor Tech (Former Employee), Aberdeen, MDJuly 30, 2014
My job contained dealing with customers and production of the distribution center. I worked on converyors forklifts plc and laser/thermal printers. I repaired and replaced broken parts to make sure production stayed functional.
Look for another company...
Property Worker (Former Employee), Anniston, ALJuly 28, 2014
Pros: great group of co-workers, training available
Cons: management not interested in flowdown, company not getting enough work
The work environment can be very stressful and management works towards being "yes" men to advance.
Professional development opportunities are readily available; communication of goals and objectives with feedback needed.
Program Manager, Power and Renewable Energy (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 28, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: communication regarding future and expectation levels needed
Good company, results driven. Individual offices compete with each other vs. toward common unified goals.
Great Company to work for.
Operation Support Supervisor (Current Employee), Pueblo, CoJuly 28, 2014
Many opportunities for advancement. Has been a great experience working for URS and the people I have met are life long friendships.
Interesting diverse projects and great opportunities
Senior Geologist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 27, 2014
Interesting and diverse projects throughout the office and the company.
The work was intersting and nothing I'd ever done before.
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee), Fayetteville ga.July 23, 2014
Pros: the money was great
Typical day ivolved speaking with people all ove the country and learning all about them. Learned to recruite on a larger scale. Management was great. Coworkers were awsome. Hardestpart was learning to critic resume and decide what was true and what was false. I was able to travel.
Outdated
operations (Former Employee), denver, coJuly 22, 2014
Pros: international travel
Cons: materials
intelligent group and talented coworkers

opportunity to travel internationally

outdated presentation materials

some managers did not work as a team
Productive fast pace work place
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), whidbey island WaJuly 21, 2014
Good management they lead by example. Best aircraft mechanics I ever worked with they made it fun and I learned a lot from them.
Supply expertise
Supply Technician (Former Employee), FloridaJuly 18, 2014
Able to gain basic supply functions, while enhancing my knowledge of the logistic field
Good company to work for.
Aircraft Worker / Plane Captain (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 18, 2014
Great pay and benefits. Hard to move up in company if you are not corporate.
Wonderful Management team willing to mentor your leadership skills
Operations Supervisor SEMTOC (Current Employee), Detroit, MIJuly 16, 2014
Pros: great place to work program
Cons: healthcare is not very competative
URS is an excellent company to work for. The management team is the most supportive team!
Too Corporate
Senior Buyer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 11, 2014
Very cold company, its all about the numbers and not the people.
Staff and workers are great people to work with
QC Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Wever, IowaJuly 7, 2014
Pros: training and safety program
Cons: contract work only
A day at work consists of a morning start of stretch and flex for all employees. Checking emails and constant assistance in the office if needed. The co-workers are very friendly and knowledgable of the project and the most enjoyable part of this project is all the extra training options that the company offers.
Nice place
Receptionist/Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Dahlgren, VAJuly 6, 2014
This was a very nice place to work the atmosphere was warm and welcoming to all who entered the building although it was a business people were treated like family.
Great people employer
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Fayetteville, GA ( Irag )July 4, 2014
Pros: good pay and good rr
Cons: travel time from site locations
Work with Military personnel ( MC, Army & USAF ) great environment in seeing our Military working together. Enjoyed the respect that was giving by my Co-Worker. worked hard and played hard. Company had a great Morale program Employment in Iraq .

About URS

URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. – Read more