Position Description - Executive Director
The US-China Education Trust (www.uscet.org) is a non-profit organization whose primary mission is to promote US-China relations through education and exchange for China’s next generation leaders. This is a uniquely exciting time at USCET not only because of its continuing success and recognition in both the US and China, but also offering the opportunity for new leadership to usher in a new era for the organization. We are looking for a proactive individual dedicated to steadfast stewardship of USCET’s mission, with equal entrepreneurial spirit, management skills and a passion for non-profit work to serve as Executive Director.
The Executive Director will work closely with the President of USCET and as a potential candidate to succeed her. Given the dynamics involved in succession planning, the successful candidate must demonstrate the energy, the sensitivity, and the leadership required to lead the organization and to bring it to the next level of achievement. The overarching responsibilities are leading the Trust’s development efforts and successful implementation of USCET’s strategic and operational plan, overseeing the program and administrative activities required to achieve the Trust’s goals, including but not limited to:
- Works closely with the president in growing USCET’s portfolio of donors and in securing funding from individuals, businesses and foundations, developing fundraising goals and strategies especially from untapped resources, organizing events, as well as writing proposals to ensure the long-term financial support of USCET’s mission and strategic plan.
- Develops and oversees the organization and program budgets to ensure fiduciary responsibility for sound financial management and accountability;
- Manages the daily operations of the organization as well as the supervision, evaluation and professional development of USCET staff (including part-time staff in Beijing) and interns to achieve the goals of the Trust; and
- Establishes effective relationships with the Advisory Council, Corporate Circle yet to be formed, and partner organizations in China, including USCET’s over 50-member American Studies Network and 37-member Media Education Consortium.
Program and Communication
- Oversees all aspects of program development and implementation, strengthening USCET’s China-based operations and Washington DC programming; and
- Directs the public outreach efforts of the Trust, establishing USCET as a leading voice in education and exchange related to China through appropriate events, research and publications.
Successful candidate will have management and fundraising experience, a broad knowledge of China and America, and possess capacity for strategic and creative thinking, a roll-up-the-sleeves attitude to work, excellent communication and writing skills, as well as ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Chinese language proficiency and experience in China required. Master’s degree, and a presence and commensurate status poised as a candidate to continue and expand relationships in China and US Government are desired. Ten years of related work experience with at least five years in senior program or project management preferred. Microsoft Office Suite proficiency required.
Other Details: Available immediately. Full time position but negotiable. Salary commensurate with skills and experience. Submit resume and one-page cover letter explaining interest in position to: Employment[at]uscet.org.
Applications will be accepted until June 7, 2013. Interviews will be held June 10-14.