US Airways Employee Reviews

PRODUCTIVE WORK PLACE
Customer Service Agent-Part Time (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: free travel
Cons: dont have very good benefits
most of the time you enjoy assisting daily customers with their travel arrangements. You have free travel benefits but you have to wait at least 6 months after hiring date to be able to use those benefits and you travel stand by which means that you get ready to board the plane and you might not be able to.
Fun task oriented
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 20, 2015
Good comprehensive Training
Challenging work, in a good way.
Always new things to learn.
Relaxed environment with some time constrains.
Good benefits.
Overall a nice job environment.
fun work place
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Greenville, NCAugust 20, 2015
exceptional place to work great benefits . great people very serene.would love to work for them again . it was like a family
good place to work.
International Reservations Sales Agent (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 31, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
Cant beat the benefits. Hate to see the company disolve into infinity due to the American-USAirways merger. But it was great place to work and the people were great.
Executive Office
Senior Representative / Executive Office (Former Employee), Salem, NCJuly 29, 2015
Provided operational guidance and training for 45 customer service representatives. Resolved customer issues to retain their satisfaction and loyalty. Personal liaison in an elite 30-member Family Support Center within the Executive Office to assist families of passengers in the event of a disaster. Served as an unaccompanied minor specialist, for ages 5-12 arranging all aspects of transportation for individuals or groups.
Love the flight benefits
Flight attendant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Flight benefits
Cons: Lack of support from management
Enjoy this job for your flight benefits. Initially, the hours are not flexible and can be long with flight delays without compensation. Co-workers are very supportive, though management may not be.
Great work atmosphere
Ramp Agent/Customer Service (Current Employee), Richlands, NCJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Free flight benefits
Cons: Wages are low, health benefits are bad
The first thing that happens upon arrival is for us to go set up the plane, getting ready for our first flight of the day. Following that, we go inside and begin to check in passengers for their flights. We load and unload planes and return the luggage to the passengers.
Fast Paced Environment
Customer Service Representative/Supervisor/Trainer (Current Employee), Arlington, VAJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Free flight benefits
Cons: Cancellation of flights can cause a high stress environment
US Airways now referred to as the new American is a fast paced working environment. One will expect to make many quick decisions with little notice or time.
fine workplace with good benefits
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJuly 21, 2015
Answering phone calls of mostly angry customers isn't always fun, but the flying benefits made up for it. They should have paid more, but I believe since I left the company they have raised their wages
Productive and Fun place to work
Fleet Service Agent (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 19, 2015
Pros: friendly environment, great workplace, benefits, management
Cons: hard to operate vehicles at the beginning
A typical day at the airlines consists of many different things. I learned how to load luggage and cargo onto various plane types, and used vehicles only airports have. A belt loader which helps get the cargo and luggage on and off the plane. A tug which holds the cargo and luggage. A push tug which is what is used to push back the plane for departure. The management was unbelievable, they were very respectful. My coworkers as well, they were all very understanding, and very respectful and a great group of people to work with. The hardest part about an airline job is learning all the material, for example, all the plane types, the different vehicles used and the correct way on how to operate them. The most enjoyable part was how fun the environment was, it is really a great place to work, and everyone is very friendly.
Fast paced, high energy, stressful at times, good pay/ benefits
Senior Manager PHL Tower Ops (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 14, 2015
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: long days and shift work
Demanding young workforce, performance driven, plenty of opportunity for advancement, stressful environment during weather events
Fast, Fun and Diverse place to work.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 13, 2015
My day would consist of CSA briefings on daily reminders, passenger bookings and assisting customers with their travel needs.. Management was fair. I loved my co-workers. I learned to handle every single persons issue individually. Exceeding and completing my tasks were the most enjoyable parts of my job.
Horrible place to work.
Fleet Service Agent (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PaJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Free travel priviledges, if you can get on mostly sold out flights.
Cons: zhorrible work environment with constant exposure to jet fuel.
Bad management, injury prone workplace. Some co workers are great, others are horrible. Overall, not a good work environment.
This is great company and I enjoyed working there.
Department Administrator Maintenance Training (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Good Benefits and great people.
Cons: The cons would be my job being relocated to Dallas TX
The Maintenance Training Department was a wonderful place to work. It was a great team made up of interesting minds and personalities. I never dreaded going to work. The hardest part of the job was to encourage others that change is good and can bring unthought-of rewards. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people from all over the world.
Great place to work.
Quality Assurance-Trained Observer (Current Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJuly 6, 2015
Great place to work, however, I am looking for a challange. The company is in the middle of a merger, which is going very well. I am seeking a more financially stable carrer path.
Loved working for them
Ground Operations Manager (Former Employee), phoenixJuly 2, 2015
Pros: I Handled a multi-million dollar operation
Cons: commute was tough on family life.
Great estructure,Great leadership great employees.Really enjoyed working for them. The commute was awful. but working with a great group of professionals meant a lot to me.
great job!
customer service rep (Current Employee), phila.paJune 25, 2015
Pros: free flights, great coworkers, ability to make the hours u need.
Cons: stressful at times
I've been here so long because I never know what the day will bring.I've met many people from so many different cultures!And the experience on a day to day basis invaluable!When it's bad it can be really bad;but when it's good it's wonderful and fun.Either scenario makes for a job experience like no other.
Great Small Airline to Work For
Microsoft BizTalk Architect - Managed Services (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJune 25, 2015
Pros: flight benefits, low cost healthcare
Cons: weak management
US Airways was a great company to work for if you were in the right group. Opportunities for advancement were available if you chose to apply yourself.
Customer service for airlines
Customer Service Specialist/ Sales Agent (Former Employee), Tempe, AZ.June 20, 2015
Pros: 24 hour operation could pick shifts
Cons: Short breaks
This job involved taking inbound calls and working with the public , I learned problem solving and troubleshooting. I loved getting irate passengers and making them happy by the end of call.
Its great place to work
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 19, 2015
I love helping people and I really enjoy working their. my co-work and are a great help in making this job great. I learned the value of customer services and what teamwork is all about.