US Airways Employee Reviews in United States

Technical Purchasing assistant
Assistant Purchaser (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 26, 2016
Worked to help make sure parts and equipment were available for the aircrafts to be fixed or rebuilt. I also made sure files and equipment was placed in the right rooms and storage units. I helped make sure questions were answered for the vendors and vendors had enough time to send parts to us.

Hardest part of the job is not having a part ready when a aircraft is broken and needs to be sent from another hub (city).
I loved working for the airline due to being able to travel and meet new people.
Pros
Fexible schedule and work with you
Cons
Mergers do not guarentee your job is secure.
Now American Airlines: Just a fun place to work.
Marketing Collections (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 20, 2016
American Airlines has a great benefit of flying free. The other benefits are very good as well. The pay may not be as high as other jobs, however, the flying for free benefit compensates for the pay. The employees are all supportive and put the customer first. There are difficult times when weather causes delays or cancellations. The level of professionalism and focus on problem resolution helps the employee assist the customer.
Fun productive workplace
Ramp Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 14, 2016
A typical day at work consent of loading and unloading bags on aircraft. I have learned a lot about how aircrafts operate. Management can be strict at times but in most cases very good managers. A lot of co-workers very reliable. The hardest part about the job we had a fingerprint clock in system so always had to be extra early to work. I enjoyed the most at work was having conversations with co-workers.
Pros
travel benefits
Cons
hard parking
loved going to work everyday
reservation/ticket counter agent (Former Employee) –  Oriskany, NYJuly 24, 2016
taking reservations and helping customers, extensive training was given to make sure we were the best, management was available for any needs co-workers all worked together to make us the best bad weather and cancellations were the worst because of dissatisfied customers. the best was going to work every day loved it
Pros
flexible sked, amazing benefits, travel priveliges
Cons
there were no cons
Fun place to work and enjoy perks with co-workers.
International Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 1, 2016
The reservation center in Phoenix Az. was a good place to work. They listen and do what they can with the people who have disabilities. They provide fun in the center the CEO and other top management. They allow people to pick up extra hours from other co-workers that need time off and don't want to use their PTO. If I move back to Phoenix, I would like to work again at USAirways. They have merged with American Airlines and are now named American Airlines.
Pros
Employee benefits, Interaction with different levels fun.
Cons
The pay could be more.
Great job for 18 years.
Senior Customer Service and Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 25, 2016
Best time of my life, working for the airlines. Started with Piedmont Airlines, and later was bought out by US Airlines. That is when the airline started going down hill. But the travel for 18 years was a great learning experince. Learned great customer service skills.
Pros
Travel was free and worked with some really good people.
Cons
When there were airplane crashes, it was sad to work those flights.
Great Company
Executive Platinum CSR (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 28, 2016
answer alot of calls
learned alot about computers, frequent fliers and airline industry
management is great, love to help and see you succeed
co workers are awesome
hardest part of job is an angry customer and there is nothing you can do to help them get what they want
most enjoyable part of job is being able to make the customer happy
Pros
free flights, benefits, profit sharing
Cons
mandatory overtime
A new challenge everyday.
Customer Service Agent/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  LGA/DCAMay 26, 2016
As a supervisor my day began with assigning staff members to various gate to dispatch the flight, making sure the aircrafts were met, deplaned cleaned and boarded safely and on time.
I truly enjoyed the challenge of making sure our passengers got to their destinations. I had a great relationship with management and my co-workers which made my workload even on bad weather days lighter
Pros
great team work
Cons
too many oversold flights and displaced passengers
Bad working conditions
Fleet Service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 14, 2016
Typical day at work waiting for aircraft to land and servicing them, learned to be safe around aircraft, management inexperienced, co-workers no team work, hardest part of the job was trying to get through the day and most enjoyable part of the job was working on aircraft something I studied for in that field.
Pros
They paid for the one week training course.
Cons
The negativity of other employees.
Good people doing good work in a good company
Senior AOG Planner (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 14, 2016
USAirways and America West Airlines was a great place to work. Aviation and Aerospace people are the best.

My work centered on research, ad-hoc procurement, and logistics, while also providing timely updates to management. Some days were better than others, of course. When the phone is ringing off the hook and one is doing several things simultaneously, that can be aggravating. Then there are times when one could catch up. The job was never boring. I met some remarkable people in person, and got to know many others over the phone, sometimes communicating overseas. People working in aviation and aerospace tend to be pretty smart, and that makes for interesting interactions. Nearly all are conscientious and courteous.
Pros
Smart, interesting, engaging people. Sense of accomplishment.
Cons
High stress at times
Global airline carrier
Flight attendant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 16, 2016
Vital safety, security, and service related duties were performed while interacting with a diverse group of customers and coworkers.
There were many opportunities to provide leadership by responding to a variety of emergency and non-emergency situations.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Unexpected changes to a trip assignment
Pre/Post Merger
Human Resources Manager II/HRBP Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 7, 2016
US Airways was a great place to work pre-merger. Post-merger under the new AA has been challenging with creating new policies, getting employees and departments aligned and making sure the right leaders are in place to take the company where it needs to go.
Pros
Employee Travel
Cons
Pay and other Benefits
Environment was comfortable.
Merchandise Processor/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 1, 2016
Now I really liked this job. As a company they had to make some changes, but it was family oriented. I am not sure how they are now. But when I was employed I felt I had a great relationship with almost all upper management.
Pros
Self Management
Cons
Nothing I can think of.
Look forward to the new items from vendor deliveries
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Main Hanger Phoenix, AZMarch 24, 2016
Unload Fedx, UPS, and other vendor packages.
Always learning new computer systems, and new products that are arriving.
Communicate with management, engineers, and outside vendors that work inside the complex.
Hazmat shipping qualified at work.
Hardest job is lifting some items more than 50 pounds.
Most enjoyable is communicating with other employees
Pros
Medical and dental coverage
Cons
Exciting place to be employed.
Utility Personal (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA, Cleveland, Ohio, and Tampa, Fl.March 7, 2016
My work day consisted of maintaining the appearance of the aircraft. While employed by US Airways I was trained how to pushback aircraft from the gate using a tug, operate a forklift, and various operations of the aircraft. The management and co-workers were a pleasure to work with. The hardest part of the job was washing the aircraft. The most enjoyable part of the job are the free flight benefits that myself and family receive.
Pros
Free flight benefits.
Cons
Relocation at times in order to continue employment.
International Agent/ customer service
Cutomer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 30, 2016
It was a great place to work. Great benefits. Flexible schedule as you can combine your schedule with another coworker. It can be overwhelming at times when there's misconnect flights or any situation in where passengers can get aggravated, you need to know how to multi task and work under pressure.
Pros
Free flights
Great people,exciting,learning about aircraft safety procedures
Fleet Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 21, 2016
It's a great place to work with wonderful people.Learning about flight plans and aircraft safety was a great experience while working for the airline industry.
Pros
Exciting, Benefits etc
Cons
n/a
Great place to work, not at CHO though
Ramp Agent/Cross Trained Agent (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJuly 26, 2016
The company itself is incredible, however the management staff at the Charlottesville airport is horrible. Working there was amazing. I just hope one day the leadership will improve.
Great fly benefits
International Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 20, 2016
I like 24 hours open company, where I could bid for any shift, including night shift and/ or 4x 12 hours shift with three days off.
The possibility to trade shifts.
Pros
Free or discounted air tickets
Cons
Rebooking and accomodaiting passangers due to bad wether.
Great work place good atmosphere.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winston Salem, NCApril 22, 2016
Take calls dealing with the airline industry. Book tickets change flights take escalated calls dealing with weather, delayed flights, mechanical issues and missed flights.
Pros
Free Flights
Cons
never closed open 24 7 365 no time with family