US AIRWAYS

US AIRWAYS Employer Reviews

Creative work enviornment
Supervisor (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJanuary 20, 2015
Creative atmosphere with great co-workers and enjoyed being able to work there.
Busy work environment
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: travel privileges, overtime, chance for advancement
Cons: mandatory overtime.
A work day was always different every day you have to be flexible and be able to work in different areas., Customs, Re Check, Gates,Ticket counter etc. I learned patience and tolerance dealing with customers every day.My typing and computer skills improved. My co workers were my work family and we helped one another. The hardest part of my job was not being able to help a passenger when there is bad weather ,if they are late to a flight when flights are canceled , the most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that when I went to work I would be able to help someone enjoy their vacation.
Management needs to be reveived for behavior
Coordinator Station Support (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 12, 2015
I've never been more uncomfortable in my life. Management was horrible
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 3, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job was the customers I got to meet on a daly basis.
Flight Attendant
FLIGHT ATTENDANT (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: missing holidays
Training is intense, as there are various types of aircraft to learn. The people you meet in training will be your friends forever. It fosters a family atmosphere that lasts when you go out online. It is a fast paced career, and many find it hard too adjust during the first year, as you have no control over your schedule, weather, destination or crew. It is ALL worth it. The world is yours.
Fun place to work good people with great feedback.
Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix ArizonaDecember 30, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere with great benefits
Cons: needed to work most holidays
Performed day-to-day operational leadership of this Airline Company.
Established organization structure, roles and responsibilities, basic business processes, policies, and procedures.
· Developed strategy to improve operating profit in Denver, CO, LAS Vegas, NV, Phoenix, AZ operation from negative 30% to positive 6%.
· Provided leadership in areas of quality customer service and problem resolution for internal and external customers.
productive and fun place with ping pong table
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 30, 2014
Pros: free flights
Cons: sometime lots of down time
great place to work for interacting with different cultures leaning how to customer issues
Awsome company
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Charlotte/PhiladelphiaDecember 26, 2014
Pros: free travel, working vacation, teamwork
Cons: away from home
I was graduate of FA Class 2000 Pittsburg, PA. Enjoyed working for this airline company. I love seeing different places even though I am out for 3-4 day trips. The best part is being with different flight crews and giving my customers excellence in inflight service from takeoff to landing. It was the best job I ever had even though pay was low. I am now an RN but would do it again if given the chance.
Great Place
Lead Fleet Service Agent (Supervisor) (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 22, 2014
This job is awesome, the pay is terrible though. It allows you the opportunity to work with customers.
Exciting and always something happening
Hub Gate Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), PHL, PADecember 19, 2014
Pros: networking with lots of people
Cons: grumpy people when there is irregular operations
Lots of people, I managed the entire F concourse. All gate agents to perform on time departures. Met all types of stars, actors and singers.
Using computer software in dealing with airline industry
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Tempe, AZDecember 17, 2014
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: waiting too long for getting attention for a help
Received lots of customers' complaining and then decided how much compensation to them as trying to build them up confident in that airline.
Busy Airport
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 8, 2014
Customer service driven work in a 24 hour a day operation. I enjoy working with customers and providing the best assistance I can. I am quick to come up with solutions.
Great people to work WITH.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 7, 2014
Not so great local people to work FOR. Local management lacks logical thinking.
Fast Pace and Fun place to work
Fleet Service Agent (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 2, 2014
Pros: free flights
Cons: working in the cold
The hardest Part of the job was probably working outside in the cold. Sometimes the bags were extremely heavy and I would need some assistance in trying to load them or unload them off of the aircraft. The work it self I loved it and I loved my coworkers, we had an awesome team on shift.
N/a
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 25, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job was the different customers i got to meet on a daily basis.
Environment is like a family
Customer Service Shift Manager (Former Employee), Essington, PANovember 21, 2014
Pros: being able to fly for free and benefits
Cons: long nights on bad weather days.
A typical day consisted of helping a passenger with problems with his/her ticket and getting them to their destination in a timely manner. What I learned is that relationships are very important. Management works with the personal issue that you may have and try to help you out if they can. The co-workers are like members of your own family and help out when they see the need arise. The hardest part of the job was disciplining a hard-worker because of a minor mistake. The most enjoyable part of the job besides being able to travel for free was putting smiles on the faces of the passengers when they realized they were getting to their destination and a reasonable time.
US AIrways
Refunds Specialist (Former Employee), Tempe, AZNovember 14, 2014
Great company to work for. They provided an excellent training program. They treat their employees as a benefit to their company and treat them well. Even though their pay is low the benefits are outstanding.

Loved working for this company and if given the chance I would gladly go back!!!!!
fun place to work
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 13, 2014
very enjoyable easy work with very good benefits. If you like to get to know about aircraft this job is were its at. You get to know your co-workers and you meet different co-workers each day.
fun workplace great employees
CSR (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CONovember 12, 2014
Pros: travel benifits
Cons: working in a cold state
working day to day was filled with challenges and the management was always there to answer questions and do training. the coworkers were very pleasant and helpful. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult travelers. Most enjoyable part was meeting new people on a daily basis
Very challenging job
Sr. Specialist Clerk (Former Employee), PhoenixNovember 6, 2014
I handled day to day refunds, non-rev refunds, and verifying the validity of refunds and baggage fees. Experience in qik, rocs, flight stats, IBM, oracle, and RVMM as well as PIPPS. I also have experience in retrieving funds from other star alliance airlines. Experience in TA verbage. This job entails international refunds as well as numbers in taxes domestic and international.
The hardest part of this job was not having to proper training.

1 2 3 4 5