US Airways Employee Reviews

great place to work
Senior Accounting Representative (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 21, 2017
loved my job and co workers. Management was wonderful also. We had great benefits and free travel was the best. I hated to loose this job due to 9/11.
Pros
travel, pay, benefits
Cons
lay offs
average
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 19, 2017
People who are flying are stressed. They get upset easily and they will reflect that on customer service employees. I don't recommend this job for anyone who takes angry customers personally.
Awesome starter job with opportunity for growth
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 18, 2017
During my time working for this airline industry I have gained so much knowledge working with people from all around the world. It offers plenty of room for growth in the airline industry which I believe was the best part of working for US Airways.
Pros
Working with diverse cultures
Cons
I loved working for the airlines!
Gate Agent (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 18, 2017
Every day was a new challenge , new people, new adventures. And traveling for a discount or even free was a major plus!! I welcome the chance to work in that environment again!
Pros
diversity
Cons
canceled flights made for unhappy customers
Fun but grueling industry
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJuly 14, 2017
Loved the Arline industry. Every day was a different story. Some days were very challenging with irate passengers and bad weather and management not having your back Your work schedule changes constantly, there's nothing consistent unless you have several years seniority
Pros
Free flying is a great benefit
Cons
Ever changing employee schedules
Cohesive group of colleagues. Relaxed atmosphere.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 12, 2017
As a manager for US Airways (prior to merging with American Airlines), it was refreshing working with a strong group of customer-oriented people who had a passion to for service. There were tense times, but the positive greatly outweighed the negative.

The biggest challenges in the airline industry are driven by competition and weather. Fortunately, US Airways was not suffering financially to the point where customer service was a bygone! People matter!
Pros
Travel/flight benefits, fair wage increases
Cons
Bad weather issues that resulted in angry customer!
Loved being a Flight attendant
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 12, 2017
Absolutely the best job ever. Get out and experience some serious customer service challenges that will make you more open minded and keep your perspective in check. Think you are having a bad day? Ask someone why they are traveling and when they tell you it is for a cancer treatment or to go to a funeral, and you realize life is pretty good.
Pros
Constantly changing ~nothing is ever exactly the same as the previous flight!
Cons
working holidays
Flight benefits are awesome
Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 7, 2017
Flight benefits were awesome. Management was poor. The most enjoyable part of the job was follow employees. The hardest part of my job was to hear how many bags were lost from customers.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Interesting and Productive Place to work.
Airframe and Powerplant Technician (Former Employee) –  Township of Moon, PAJuly 3, 2017
Interesting company for which to work, challenging and fulfilling to work on commercial aircraft in an environment where the common goal of successful maintenance could be achieved by each and every team member.
Pros
Fligh Benefits
Cons
Has not been a stable employment industry for a few years now
multiple positions, all enjoyable
Reservation Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 29, 2017
I had many positions during my 25 years and I enjoyed each of them. Coworkers were great. Training was always done professionally and it was ongoing. The company provided me with a vast knowledge of travel.
Pros
free travel
Cons
closed all local offices
Great place to work!
Customer Service/Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 23, 2017
This was a fun, fast-paced and demanding work environment and required team work and the ability to multi-task. Each day was different depending on the weather and irregular operations. The cross-training between the ticket counter, gate areas, and baggage service made the job exciting.The benefits were awesome, and my co-workers and management were supportive and great to work with.
Pros
Travel Privileges, Pay, Paid Time Off, Shift-trades
Cons
Distance of 45 minutes each way to work
Busy or relaxed...
Flight Management (Former Employee) –  Moon Twp, PAJune 17, 2017
Demanding, fast paced, always handling critical operations due
to weather, no show crew members, union disputes, or airport security. Most be able to quickly triage most critical and time
priorities. Constantly directing and advising other airline departments of operational problems.

I loved the culture, you are expected to train and keep current with
government regulations (which are complex and time consuming),
but the challenge is so rewarding. Many of my coworkers are my good friends.
Pros
time off, great pay
Dealing with constant interpretations/changes to Working Agreements
Supervisor Crew Administration (Former Employee) –  Coraopolis, PAJune 16, 2017
Busy environment, meeting bi weekly payroll goals, especially after a major disruption such as mass cancellations due weather, etc.
Researching and supplying data for company to use when negotiating Pilot and Flight Attendant working agreements. Dealing with representatives from departments across the Operations area. Streamlining existing processes to improve efficiency and accuracy.
fun place to work
RAMP AGENT (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 15, 2017
You get a chance to explore the world and also meet people from all over the world and also work with people and learn now things ... a very nice place
Pros
bennies
Cons
weather
Booked reservations for customers
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 15, 2017
I would book reservation for customers over the phone.
I have learned to be patient with people.
Management was good.
Co workers were great to get along with at work.
Hardest part about my job was answering call after call.
The most enjoyable part about my job was the flying benefits were good.
Pros
Free flying benefits
Cons
constant call after call
Great working enviroment
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 11, 2017
US Airways provided an opportunity to increase in customer service skills, such as, self-sufficient and solving conflicts in a positive timely manner.
Cool Job, but not very realistic if you want a family
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 10, 2017
This was such a fun year for me. I saw many places and met many awesome people. I am so glad I did it. Unfortunately, junior flight attendants can't do much else because of the hours and unpredictable schedule (reserve/on call days). I chose to go back to school.
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
away a lot
Enjoyable working with the staff and customers
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 8, 2017
I enjoyed working as a Flight Attendant traveling from city to city. I also worked in the Refunds department. In the beginning it was done with a personal phone call to the passenger. However with technology the Refunds Department was 99 percent communication through emails. I prefer to work face to face with the customer. Professional work place/cubicle space. The hardest part of the job was hearing how frustrated the passengers/customers would be when they did not get a refund on baggage and/or airline tickets especially on partially used tickets.
Pros
Free travel and wonderful staff to work with
Cons
Not allowed to speak with the customer/passenger directly. Email only.
This is the most exciting palce I have worked.
MANAGER, DIVERSITY AND COMPLIANCE (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 5, 2017
US Airways was the most fun place I have worked, but it was very fast paced. It was exciting and interesting. Employees fly business class when on company business. Out of all of the places I have worked, this is the one that I would consider again.
Pros
Travel, Benefits, Advancement
Cons
Pay
i loved my job with usairways and to this day, im proud
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 30, 2017
I have learned to respect the company you work for and to serve the customers to the best of your ability. they are the reason for the business. the way you treat each one will be remembered and will be the deciding factor to help make your company grow.