US Airways Employee Reviews

Great place to work, not at CHO though
Ramp Agent/Cross Trained Agent (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJuly 26, 2016
The company itself is incredible, however the management staff at the Charlottesville airport is horrible. Working there was amazing. I just hope one day the leadership will improve.
Technical Purchasing assistant
Assistant Purchaser (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 26, 2016
Worked to help make sure parts and equipment were available for the aircrafts to be fixed or rebuilt. I also made sure files and equipment was placed in the right rooms and storage units. I helped make sure questions were answered for the vendors and vendors had enough time to send parts to us.

Hardest part of the job is not having a part ready when a aircraft is broken and needs to be sent from another hub (city).
I loved working for the airline due to being able to travel and meet new people.
Pros
Fexible schedule and work with you
Cons
Mergers do not guarentee your job is secure.
Great people,exciting,learning about aircraft safety procedures
Fleet Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 21, 2016
It's a great place to work with wonderful people.Learning about flight plans and aircraft safety was a great experience while working for the airline industry.
Pros
Exciting, Benefits etc
Cons
n/a
A job
Ramp/OPS Agent (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 5, 2016
There was an constant flux of management, with a high turn over rate.

There was a lack of cohesion. It did not make for a pleasant work environment.
Environment was comfortable.
Merchandise Processor/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 1, 2016
Now I really liked this job. As a company they had to make some changes, but it was family oriented. I am not sure how they are now. But when I was employed I felt I had a great relationship with almost all upper management.
Pros
Self Management
Cons
Nothing I can think of.
Challenging, yet rewarding employment
Systems Scheduling Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 19, 2016
This position was very challenging, yet rewarding. It was a different issue everyday. Never a dull moment. The operation/job was 24/7 so the down side was working shifts, weekends, and holidays. I raised our family in this position and am grateful for the opportunity.
Great company with a great employee culture
Cargo Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 16, 2015
Was a great company and great CEO however the pay was quite lousy and increases were very low.

I enjoyed the job itself and my co workers and direct supervisor were wonderful. I am now in hindsight, sorry I left.
Pros
Travel benefits
Cons
low wages and raises.
good job
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 25, 2016
fun place to work good co-workers, heavy lifting bags, some times stressful when bad weather occurs. get ready to give up your weekend because days of are by senior list. unlimited overtime
Pros
free flying benefits
Cons
low pay
Look forward to the new items from vendor deliveries
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Main Hanger Phoenix, AZMarch 24, 2016
Unload Fedx, UPS, and other vendor packages.
Always learning new computer systems, and new products that are arriving.
Communicate with management, engineers, and outside vendors that work inside the complex.
Hazmat shipping qualified at work.
Hardest job is lifting some items more than 50 pounds.
Most enjoyable is communicating with other employees
Pros
Medical and dental coverage
Awesome benefits
Reservations (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 17, 2016
Great place to work. Learned alot, great coworkers and managers and the benefits surpass any other place I have ever worked.
Benefits
Cons
Schedule bids based on senority
Productive and busy enviorment
(PCS) Premium Customer Service / Call center (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 20, 2016
the most enjoyable part of working was dealing with distress passengers , being able to re book when cancellations or delays, being able to make sure they all arrived to their destination safely
Pros
rewards
Cons
work hours
Great company to work for
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 15, 2016
Worked in-flight for three years. The whole experience from training oil the day I resigned was a unique and exciting experience. Traveling to different cities and constantly meeting new people. It can be exhausting at times, but well worth it.
Global airline carrier
Flight attendant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 16, 2016
Vital safety, security, and service related duties were performed while interacting with a diverse group of customers and coworkers.
There were many opportunities to provide leadership by responding to a variety of emergency and non-emergency situations.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Unexpected changes to a trip assignment
na
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 29, 2015
this is a great company to work for. they provide opportunities for career advancement and offer great benefits. i really enjoyed working for this company. if you love to travel, this would be the ideal career choice
International Agent/ customer service
Cutomer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 30, 2016
It was a great place to work. Great benefits. Flexible schedule as you can combine your schedule with another coworker. It can be overwhelming at times when there's misconnect flights or any situation in where passengers can get aggravated, you need to know how to multi task and work under pressure.
Pros
Free flights
Great job for 18 years.
Senior Customer Service and Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 25, 2016
Best time of my life, working for the airlines. Started with Piedmont Airlines, and later was bought out by US Airlines. That is when the airline started going down hill. But the travel for 18 years was a great learning experince. Learned great customer service skills.
Pros
Travel was free and worked with some really good people.
Cons
When there were airplane crashes, it was sad to work those flights.
Was my aviation career
Captain (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 25, 2016
Spent nearly 30 years with USAir and have a pretty good time. Watched it grow from a regional airline and become an international Air Carrier.
Pros
Salary, people, travel experience
Cons
Bankruptcy and downsizing
Career
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 21, 2015
LaGuardia Airport
Very Supportive management. Fun environment. I developed a lot of career skills which helped me in the future.
Pros
Flying benefits
Cons
Lay-offs
Very good place to work
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 6, 2016
To employees are great the job is great the work is not that hard i really enjoyed my time there supervisors is very cool i could use this again as a part time job
Productive work place
Station Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 23, 2016
Assisted with answering phones and filing paperwork for employees. Made sure that employees were properly taken care of with calling out and overtime needs.