US Airways Employee Reviews

Manager don't care for you
Flight attendant. Lead (Former Employee) –  LGAMay 1, 2017
You are treat like ur in the company for the first time . Years don't matter to them . Nothing will change even after 10 years of hard work. Your still less.
Pros
Cons
Bad manager
Good Company
Cargo Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 28, 2017
Enjoyed working for the company for many years. Management was fair to their employees which made work enjoyable. Was able to fly for free while working there.
fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 26, 2017
help customer with luggage and board their flight. tag bags, help direct to right gate and closed gate after plan left. greeted customers and provided directions
Pros
free flights
Cons
bad pay
Enjoyed the responsibilites of my assignment
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NYApril 24, 2017
Very fun place to work, being hands on with the equipment and communicating with the pilots was interesting to say the least. The employee flight benefits were also a very nice perk to the job
Was a nice place to work and had flight bennies.
GSE Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 24, 2017
Working GSE was fairly easy after having work for a dealership. Most vehicle are carburetor and were easy to fix and adjust. The biggest problem was the union mentality. very hard to adjust to that work ethic.
Pros
FLight bennies
Cons
Union work attitudes.
very family oriented
Ramp Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 24, 2017
was an amazing company to work for as a airline after september 11 they were forced to make many changes due to lack of people flying was a very family oriented company
office closed
airline sales reservations (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 20, 2017
fast paced ,enjoyable, at times stressful. Became a big family . later part prior closure do to economic times very tense. But it still was a stimulating, challenging environment., which on the most part everyone came together to make it work.
Pros
fast paced, challanging
Cons
office closure
We accomplished it in the six months allotted
Senior buyer planner (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 20, 2017
Set up Regional Airline with SAAB airplanes and pass the FFA restrictions and guidelines within six months to run with four hubs.the main reason the four major universities Yale Harvard etc. To handle travel of professors back and forth between universities
Pros
We had no boundaries just within reason and 6 months
Cons
Work 7 days a week 18 hours a day
loved working here
Sr. Analyst, Policies and Procedures (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 20, 2017
Great airline! Worked here until the merger with AA. Great culture, good people. Pay was low, but it was a decent place to work. Employees were treated well.
Reservation Sales Agent
Reservation Sales/Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  New York and North CarolinaApril 19, 2017
During my 18 years with the company, I observed mergers and down-sizing. I do enjoy working with the public building a reservation from start to finish.
Really enjoyed the travel benefits and still do after my retirement.
Pros
Travel Benefits
Cons
Working on holidays

Want to know more about US Airways?

Ask a question
fun job
Ground Support Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Highspire, PAApril 18, 2017
typically start out meeting in the shop office to find out what work was needed for the day, then head out to the tarmac to find the vehicle that was in need of service or repair . con of this job would be having to do alot of work in bad weather and the commute to the airport at which the vehicle was located, some jobs could be 3 - 4 hour drive one direction
Pros
unique job setting
Cons
working in all elements be it cold hot wet freezing etc. travel
accounting revenue department was stressful
Reservations/Revenue Accounting (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 18, 2017
It was difficult to ever find my groove within the department. We had weekly stat meetings and I hardly ever met my quota. I wasn't the only one either.
I should have stayed with Reservations Department. If I had, I'd probably still be with US Airways/American.
excellent environment
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVApril 16, 2017
Probably the most enjoyable place I ever worked. I was a customer service agent, and I enjoyed working with our customers to meet their needs and get them to their destinations. It was a rewarding job, and very fun. I met a lot of interesting people.
Do not work for the airlines
Customer Realtions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 14, 2017
Working for an airline was one of the most stressful jobs. You would think that you could get discounts on trips and travel wherever you could think of. IT'S A LIE!!! You're not guaranteed anything and the vacation you thought you would be going on is booked.
Pros
Cons
Everything!
Great company
Ground Support Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 6, 2017
I am very pleased with the company in Charlotte, NC. I took on another job with a solid track record only to be laid off within one week of being there a year. USAIRWAYS were very attentive to my needs but my travelling back and forth to doctors in Georgia took a toll on me.
Pros
Plenty work
Cons
Hard to get time off if you are low on seniority
Physically Demanding Job
Fleet Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 3, 2017
Making sure all passenger bags are delivered in a timely manger. I learned that you have to physically fit for this job. The management was very supportive. The work place was family oriented. The hardest part of the job is sometimes you might be required to work alone. The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to fly around the world at a discounted rate.
Pros
Flexible schedule.
Cons
Physically demanding job
Relaxed environment to work in.
Airframe and Power Plant Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 3, 2017
You are able to get your work completed in a very relaxed atmosphere. Work needs to be done right the first time. If you don't know how to complete a job ask the questions, everyone if willing to help.
Fun and free Job
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 30, 2017
I radioed aircraft information. I directed planes to their designated gates and unloaded and loaded them. I transported luggage so that it makes it to its final destination. There was a lot of down time so I was able to take naps and run errands when I needed to.
Pros
Downtime, free flights
Cons
heavy luggage, weather conditions
Producive managementad supervisoryduties
CSS/Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 27, 2017
Great workplace for job opportunities also had a typical day at hard work but enjoyed the customer experiences and supervisory experience. I learned how to supervise and manage several employees o different cultures
great fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 26, 2017
This job was full of fun and learning .Each day providing great customer service to customers of all ages.Giving help to customers was the best part of this job each day.I have so much respect for the service industry after working for such a awesome company.
Pros
Free luches, Free tickets to games for the children
Cons
Healthcare