US Airways Employee Reviews

Producive managementad supervisoryduties
CSS/Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 27, 2017
Great workplace for job opportunities also had a typical day at hard work but enjoyed the customer experiences and supervisory experience. I learned how to supervise and manage several employees o different cultures
great fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 26, 2017
This job was full of fun and learning .Each day providing great customer service to customers of all ages.Giving help to customers was the best part of this job each day.I have so much respect for the service industry after working for such a awesome company.
Pros
Free luches, Free tickets to games for the children
Cons
Healthcare
The airlines is so wounderful to work for.meeting different people everyday
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 21, 2017
You have a chance to see the world.training is fun but important .Help you in your work.credit union will help you.You can change jobs within the company
loved it
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 13, 2017
Assist Office manager and 20 Inflight Supervisors with workers comp injuries throughout the state and the world depending on the destination of injury and where it may have occurred, act as liaison between supervisors and flight attendants, Scheduling and coordinating meetings between staff and flight attendants, heavy phone contact with administrative office in Washington, Scheduling doctors’ appointments for flight attendants, communications with doctors and lawyers, filing and faxing ,distribution of legal documents to designated parties and places, Typing and other clerical duties pertaining to Position.
Pros
breaks
Cons
Fun job and very active but very un professional
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 9, 2017
this by far was the worst job ive had.
Over worked, and everyone on the ramp uses foul language and its like a rat race. There is so much competition and seniority battles. It can be fun and you so many different types of people at the airport but the treatment from management is terrible and they have no respect for your personal schedule and you often faced with mandatory OT.
All work no home life
First Officer (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMarch 9, 2017
I was always working and never home. do not commute with this company. The management is nowhere to be seen unless your in trouble. Much more movement in seniority ar psa
The most enjoyable part of the job
Greentree, PA - Cad Operator, International (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 9, 2017
I really enjoyed when I can find the perfect itinerary for a person at a price they can manage. Being at the CAD desk, I was often able to assist people at a time when they most needed it. If a flight was delayed or cancelled, I was at my best when I could reassign a new route for them at no additional cost. If a problem arose, and I was able to help I did not mind having to bend a rule to get the job done, both a benefit to my company and my client. I was also happy to help other agents with a difficult situation or passenger.
Pros
Agents were always professional, the benefits were the best possible.
Cons
There were more personnel then the facility could handle and had to be in shifts.
the constant turmoil from within the company was stressful
Lead Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 17, 2017
After going through 2 bankruptcies and numerous pay cuts due to horrible business decisions by upper management, the attitude and morale were greatly impacted.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
the benefits and working with some poor management
Didn't work or US Airways Express
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 1, 2017
Didn't work or US Airways Express. I worked for US Airways mainline. I would fly with Express for personal travel from time to time. Smaller Planes, Less Service
Great job for people that like a very flexible schedule
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 31, 2017
A Flight Attendant job is physically challenging with irregular hours and demanding traveling public. However, the job is the most fun if you like to be of service to others and of course travel.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, free travel for you & family. Uniform, make your own schedule after gaining seniority.
Cons
Not being able to enjoy holidays with your family until gain seniority.
Flight benefits
Sheet Metal Lead Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NC and Charlotte NCJanuary 26, 2017
Started out as a GREAT place to work ( Piedmont Airlines prior to merger ) Once USAir took over, we had twice the management that Piedmont had, this caused a quagmire of ineptness.
Pros
Flight benefits for life
Cons
Got to be a miserable place to work
9/11 Closed Our Office
Reservation Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 26, 2017
I worked as a Reservation Sales Agent for 15 years. Loved my job, loved the pay, benefits, the time off, people I worked with and the travelling I got to do! Unfortunately Osama Bin Laden and 9/11 brought all of this to an abrupt end and our office closed.
Pros
Excellent co-workers, excellent pay, benefits, time off, and travel
Cons
Our office closed due to 9/11 and put over 700 of us out of work!
Sports Entertainment is an amazing field to be part of
Lead - Ticket Sales Representative (Arena) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 26, 2017
Game days were always my favorite time of the year even though the night before I wouldn't leave work until after working 16 + hours just to be back no later than 7am game day to work another 16 + hours. I love it!!!!!!
Assistant to Station Manager and Office
Executive Administrator (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 23, 2017
I managed confidential personnel records of all employees,
maintained accurate safety reports for audits, I worked as the Administrative Liaison to the Department of Airports and TSA.
Pros
Flexibility, my leadership, benefits
Cons
Salary
Ground Service Agent/ Catering Agent (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 23, 2017
The position was always interesting and everyday was an opportunity to obtain something new and fresh. Safety was always a priority, with all involved.
Pros
Travel
Cons
N/a
Okay place to work
Revenue Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 20, 2017
Its no surprise they are no longer in business. At the time when i worked for them the company was a total wreck as most airlines are.
Shift Manager MDT (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJanuary 16, 2017
It was a great experience before the merger it was not the best management leading the show but as I grew with the company I was able to advance my career and appreciate all I learned
Loved working at the airpory
Fleet Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 8, 2017
I loved working at the airport. I also worked for worldwide flight service as a mail receiver. Had to leave the airport because of health issues of my wife who unfortunately passed away. I would like to work at the airport again.
Pros
I was fascenated working with airplanes
World's greatest US Airline
Commercial Airline Pilot (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 6, 2017
American is now the top airline in the USA providing first class passenger service around the world. Dedicated employees and management work as a team providing superior passenger service and a quality workplace.
Best part was flight benefits.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 3, 2017
A lot to learn to help every customer as policies and programs constantly change while using an old computer system. Sometimes a lot of stress so need to smile and think quickly.
Pros
Flight benefits and meeting people.
Cons
Low pay so struggle to pay bills; meeting some people I wish I hadn't.