US Airways

US Airways Employee Reviews

fun workplace great employees
CSR (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CONovember 12, 2014
Pros: travel benifits
Cons: working in a cold state
working day to day was filled with challenges and the management was always there to answer questions and do training. the coworkers were very pleasant and helpful. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult travelers. Most enjoyable part was meeting new people on a daily basis
Very challenging job
Sr. Specialist Clerk (Former Employee), PhoenixNovember 6, 2014
I handled day to day refunds, non-rev refunds, and verifying the validity of refunds and baggage fees. Experience in qik, rocs, flight stats, IBM, oracle, and RVMM as well as PIPPS. I also have experience in retrieving funds from other star alliance airlines. Experience in TA verbage. This job entails international refunds as well as numbers in taxes domestic and international.
The hardest part of this job was not having to proper training.
Wonderful work environment....Team Building activities were excellent
Cargo Area Sales Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 2, 2014
Pros: self managed and able to make decisions without being micro managed
Cons: no cons that i can think of
My typical day consist of meeting with customers to help identify new business opportunities. Lessons learned almost every day was active listening produces results of excellent customer services. My manager always encourage me to excel and try new things and my co-worker were always ready to assist with all aspects of the position. The hardest part of the position was earning the customers trust and respect and the most enjoyable was when the customer told me, had it not been for my continue presence the company would have not gotten the business. However, because I was readily available this was the reason for securing the business.
Flight Attendant
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 29, 2014
Pros: learning and growing from people and travel
Cons: no control of your schedule
Fun job! Freedom to travel and meet new people. Every day was different!
It was ok
Gate Agent (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 23, 2014
Low pay, managers are the worst! I love the travel benefits and that made the struggle working there all worth it.
Can be fun without the political racial issues.
Catering Operation (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: decent pay and decent breaks
Cons: can be forced to work mandatory overtime.
Learn a lot from my coworkers.
Love being around the planes and love to travel when we had seniority.
Can be subjected to work in a warehouse with some really great people, BUT the younger generation can bring the place down.
Management does not address the real issues to make the place better.
Great Job
Domestic and International Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 17, 2014
Providing exceptional customer service and safety as a service to the passengers of US Airways from their origination to their destination.
Very Good Airline
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 16, 2014
Very low job security. Airline merged twice while I was there and I was also laid off.
The employees are wonderful people
Sr. Project Manager, Facilities - CRE (Former Employee), National AirportOctober 15, 2014
Pros: employees were friends and became a second family.
Cons: work load made for some long hours
Never a dull day. Exposed to different projects which expanded my skill set.
Learned the value of time effectiveness
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Denver, COOctober 14, 2014
I learned the value of planning effectively to make good use of time. As well as find out that just load a plane is not as easy as it sounds. Their is necessary ways as to stay within weight restrictions for flight.
Decent job with great people to manage
ACS Customer Operations Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 12, 2014
Pros: free flying benefits
Cons: no overtime or extra pay for extra hours worked
Work all shifts all weather, no overtime or extra pay. Comp time available but not hour for hour. I did like this job and the people that I managed were great.
As my first job I enjoyed it
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: 1/2 free lnch schedule
Cons: when events were arranged some times had to stay longer the shedule.
Work start with cleaning and stocking counters. calling and scheduling appointments. with helpfull part time or full time associates. Hardest part to make goals on a rainny or chilly cold days. Enjoyable time when we made or goal and made more customers happy by providing above and beyond customer service
Another day at the Office
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 6, 2014
Pros: long lunch break, off early on some fridays.
I enjoyed this job it was my first corporate experience. I had my own office to myself. My responsibility were to maintain all legal information, also to handle business of the other companies that had office space there as well. The job was great on the hardest part was leaving , but they offered no benefits.
Customer Service
RESERVATION AGENT (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: great benifits
Cons: outsouring jobs
Great Airline to work for until the company out source my dept. in 2005
It is a good company
FLIGHT ATTENDANT (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: free travel
Cons: doesn't pay well when you are new
This was a good company, great training and great benefits if you don't need money or want time with friends and family. I would go back if the money was better and I could pick the days that I wanted to work which is hard when you are new and low in seniority. If you are single and want to travel and don't care about the hours or money, then this is a fun, easy job that gives you an opportunity to see the world for free even when you are not working.
interesting
Analayst Operations Support (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: free fight benifits
Cons: shift work
The current manager made it fun to work there. The manager would also help when needed with phone calls and questions. Everyone there is willing to assist you with any questions and or procedures. Someone might know an entry that you don't and you might know something someone else might not.
Fast pace fun job!
Reservation Sales Agent (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYSeptember 28, 2014
A typical day at work is taking an average of 100 calls per day making reservations in the airline system.
I have learned to be highly motivated as this was an extremely fast paced position.
My management team kept accurate monitoring of our calls and customer service level.
My co-workers were my good friends and still keep in touch after being gone now for 13 years.
The hardest part of this job was satisfying each customer with a fare that was acceptable for travel.
The most enjoyable part was learning new experiences every day.
Very good job until bankruptcy
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 26, 2014
Pros: payed breaks & lunches
Cons: always closing maintenance shops & moving them to other cities
Well paying Carreer, filled with learning and constant changing of aircraft types
loved the benefits
Ramp Agency/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Arlington, VASeptember 25, 2014
• Responsible for complying with established rules and regulations per company policy and expectations
• Ensure quality service with consumer handling and equipment
• Coordinate operational activities and communicate with other personnel
• Maintained a safe and positive work environment
• Lift passenger luggage onto aircraft
• Direct pilots to runway for takeoff and landing
Enjoyed working there. Responsible for quite a bit.
Production Coordinator (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 24, 2014
Good place to work. Responsible for P&W jet engine rebuilds. Would still be there if the events of 9/11 had not been responsible for the closing of the facility.