US Airways Employee Reviews

Career
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 21, 2015
LaGuardia Airport
Very Supportive management. Fun environment. I developed a lot of career skills which helped me in the future.
Pros
Flying benefits
Cons
Lay-offs
great travel privledges
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  DCANovember 19, 2015
Every day was different set of challenges from operations to customer service problems at the ticket counter..I learned how to interact with 2 different unions and their different work rules. We had a great management team always there to support you. The hardest part of the job was firing employees but a position requirement..The most enjoyable part was watching the airport come alive at 530am.
Pros
travel
Cons
firing employees
Great company with a great employee culture
Cargo Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 16, 2015
Was a great company and great CEO however the pay was quite lousy and increases were very low.

I enjoyed the job itself and my co workers and direct supervisor were wonderful. I am now in hindsight, sorry I left.
Pros
Travel benefits
Cons
low wages and raises.
Safe Environment Very Productive Workplace
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 14, 2015
Always practice safety
Travel is very high demand
People entrust us with their lives
Theres always opportunities to grow within the company
Good benefits
Fleet Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 14, 2015
fair company to be employed with management style is poor to middle of the road. demanding schedules with little flexiablity
benefits
Cons
management
Not a very good job
Management/ Lead Rep -Baggage Handler (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 9, 2015
Very uncomfortable workplace with a high turnover ratio with not too much job security Poor mgr. team Very low pay for the amount of responsibilities you have in a days work.
Pros
Flying benefits
Cons
Never any overtime terrible pay
Productive and fun work place
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 2, 2015
Greet passengers
Friendly environment
Great supervisors and managers
Learn something new every day
The hardest part of my job is moving luggage lbs. or more
Productiver and fun place to work most of the time, especially interacting with the customers and emplyees.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 2, 2015
Manage day to day operations and employees. Resolve customer complaint before being escalated to customer relations. Communication skills most important listening. Unable to control delays especially weather. Not being able to assist customers when flight is delayed beyond our control. Helping a customer and see them walking away with a smile on their face. Employees having family emergency issue and you are to assist.
Pros
Reward with Above and Beyond when employees do more than expectation
Cons
Not enough break time after a challenging day operation
Great enviornment
Crew Qualifications (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 1, 2015
The members of the crew qualifications team at US Airways made working there a pleasure. I enjoyed the opportunity to work with diverse associates and learn/teach new operating systems.
The new AA
Manager - Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 30, 2015
A typical day includes something new on a regular basis. I have learned in my years of experience the golden rules is nice, but better is to treat people the way they want to be treated vs. treating them the way you want to be treated.
Production Supervisor.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 26, 2015
Enjoyed working as a member of the Management team for 12 years. Dedicated employees. Nature of the job is stressful. Not everyday is same there are ups and downs. Overall great.
Pros
A great enviorment
Cons
Recently Things have been startedto go down hill.
FLIGHT ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 25, 2015
Good company to work for , love flying and all the many people I have met. This career was so rewarding for me. I would recommend this job.
Pros
Flyging
fun while it lasted
Flight Attendant - retired (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaOctober 18, 2015
USAir is currently out of business as it was bought out by American. The company was never loyal to its employees. benefits and wages were cut. I was able to retire before the total collapse.
Pros
fun for awile
Cons
no support from management
Teamwork
Ramp Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 16, 2015
To Supervise crew, load and unload baggage in between flights so that no flight is delayed. I enjoy a fast pace environment, my colleagues and I worked as a team. Management worked with employees and were very flexible.
Pros
Working as a team with my coworkers
Cons
When 9/11/01 happened the airline fell apart
Loved the employees and management, but hated irate passenger flight delays and cancellations.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dayton, Ohio and Savannah, GaOctober 12, 2015
A typical day would begin with coffee from Starbucks, checking in passengers going to the gate to bring in the plane or board passengers.Would go to the baggage room to make sure customers received their correct luggage and if not make claims for them.Customer could be difficult if flight were delayed or canceled,but I could help to keep the passenger satisfied with what ever I had to do to eliminate a problem.
Pros
Very happy with co-workers and management.
Cons
Delayed and canceled flights.
more for less
Customer Service Associate (SFO) (Former Employee) –  SFO, CAOctober 4, 2015
Not worked long enough there but it seemed that being employee there you don't have any rights to have restrictions or preferences in time or your life. You have to be open 24/7, have no family, not be sick or have ever any holidays off. But be paid almost minimum wage.
not a good place to work.
A/P Invoice Processor (Former Employee) –  PhoenixOctober 3, 2015
people were not nice to new employees. Did have time to help when needed. if you work there, good luck. If you are try to get a job don't run run away.
Typical Work Day
Station Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 1, 2015
Fun people to work with, always a new fresh face due to shift changes and new schedule bids. I had very supportive managers and co-workers. Plenty of red tape but considering it was an airline that was totally expected. Began with a small airline that morphed into the biggest airline in the world. Merger added lots of levels of learning for all of us, it never got monotonous.
Pros
Free flights and training opportunities.
Cons
Lots of regulations to keep up with.
Fun fast paced work place
Reservations Agent/Sales (Current Employee) –  Salem, NCSeptember 30, 2015
Fast paced work place for a soon to be largest airline with the merger with American airlines. Training is very detailed. You are given all tools needed to perform your position.
High pace challenging work environment but productive and fun at the same time.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 30, 2015
A commercial airline is a complex operation with many employees and work environment. Working at one of the busiest airports in the world, you can be assured with high pace working environment with many operational challenges.

As a supervisor, I monitored operations that staff members comply with administrative policies and procedures, safety rules, environmental policies, and government regulations in highly sensitive area. I served as contact person for all workers within assigned territories but not limited to coordinating with different departments involved with dispatching the plane ON-TIME.

I really enjoyed working at the airport because of great employees i had worked with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at US Airways. Our community is ready to answer.