US Attorney's Office Employee Reviews

U.S Attorneys Office
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 27, 2016
This job had all different hats to do. I would either had do errands plus answer phone. Do mail receiving and shipping. If attorney needs something than we go the library to assist the department. Im a hard worker and definitely
Great!
Legal Intern (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTMarch 5, 2016
Great work environment with excellent co-workers and mentors! The experience cannot be beat and I highly recommend it.
Challenging work, excellent investigative partners, management is incompetent
Assistant US Attorney (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 27, 2015
Great learning environment for self-starters and those interested in collaborating with law enforcement professionals. The EDWA USAO in not a good environment for women lawyers. High level management is an all male "good old boys club." This component of DOJ does not meet EEO requirements and women lawyers can expect lower pay than male colleagues and an unbreakable glass ceiling.
Confidential government
Administrative Technician, US DOJ (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJune 6, 2015
This position was sensitive security position. Daily answering phones and screening visitors to the office. Assisted other legal assistants with preparations for court cases.
Pros
variety of cases
Cons
lack of upward opportunities
Good for your Resume
BUDGET ANALYST INTERN (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 22, 2015
This is a prestigious opportunity especially for those who want to work in law. I did this since I was initially going to go to law school after university. The workplace is relaxed but there is always lots of work to do since you have to manage federal spendings--which is a huge workload.
office politics
Legal Secretary/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, OHDecember 10, 2014
It was a place to work. I learned alot and I met some really interesting people. I was able to use my skills learned from previous jobs
Great place to work and enjoy every day.
Receptionist/Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 4, 2014
A group of hardworking and talented people work here and a wonderful support team. All with a positive and motivated attirude.
Cons
Professional work enviornment with a family feel
Department of Justice (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 26, 2013
This office operates under a minimal amount of pressure, which I love. I am constantly told how much my contributions matter, and I am appreciated for the work that I do. My co-workers are fun and easy to get along with, and we all take our jobs seriously.
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 30, 2013
The job was challenging, enjoyable, satisfying, and very interesting. The hardest part of the job could be the meeting of deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the job were my co-workers and the camaraderie of working together to make our world a safer place to live in.
Best employees in the world to work with
Dept of Justice (Current Employee) –  Concord, NHOctober 6, 2013
The attorneys and support staff at the NH USAO are the best group of people to work with/for.
Pros
great benefits, great people
Cons
parking is awful in Concord, NH
Constantly learning
Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 27, 2013
It has been a privilege working with some of the most intelligent people at the US Attorney's Office. The cases are interesting and the attorney's all completely different, special in their own way. I love the office environment and the support you get from the people around you. Not a moment goes by without learning something new from someone else.
Pros
Learn something new everyday.
Cons
Not enough hours in the day to get tasks completed.
Great environment to network
Department of Justice (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 8, 2013
Great place to gain valuable management skills. Upper management does not promote enough. Takes extremely long time to move up the ladder.
Pros
great life/work balance
Cons
lack of promotion potential
Small agency with large mission
US Department of Justice (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 17, 2012
The US Attorney's Office procesecutes violaters of federal laws and defends the United STates in all law suits.
Pros
nice people
Cons
lots of work
Fun workplace and good communication
Student Clerk (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 16, 2012
My co-workers are extremely nice, very energetic carrying people. Hardest part of the job is learning when to take time for yourself and take a break, instead of continuing to work. Most enjoyable part is seeing everyone work as a team during trial.
Productive work enviroment
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 30, 2012
Work hours are from 8:30-5:00. I answer the phone, greet visitors, and process witness forms. I enjoy talking to the visitors and greeting them as they come and go. I also enjoy assisting the attorneys with their daily needs.
Criminal prosecution
Summer Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 2, 2012
I learned Federal Rules and researched numerous issues. The staff was super cool. I learned a lot from this group of great people.
Pros
interesting research subjects
Cons
temporary position

US Attorney's Office Reviews by Location