US Bankruptcy Court Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Very interesting. I love working with the public and the attorneys
Deputy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 27, 2016
Very fast paced and a lot of new regulations to learn. A lot of public contact both in person and over the telephone. I have been in this occupation for 28 years so that should speak volumes for my love of the job.
Pros
Vacation and sick time after you've been there a specific amount of time
Cons
Not too much in the way of cons, just a very intense job with a lot of changes in the past few years
Fun place to work learning about bankruptcy system.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCJuly 30, 2015
Learning and watching bankruptcy cases learning how cases work. Helping with upcoming projects and assisting case managers with what they on a daily.
Pros
The people worked there was so nice.
Cons
Intership was just 3 months.
Very busy agency. Given extra work often with no raise in pay.
Courtroom Deputy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MD 20770February 26, 2015
I enjoyed working with the people in the courtroom. I checked them in or directed them to a different courtroom if they were in the wrong place. I operated a multi-line telephone system and over the 34 year period answered thousands of calls. Between my interaction with the parties in the courtroom and the thousands of telephone calls I received over the years, I have developed excellent customer service skills.

I managed a 6-person team. We had 3 courtrooms to cover daily with (1) Courtroom Deputy Clerk and (1) ECRO (electronic court recording operator). When someone was out I had to approach other employees who had been cross-trained (by me) to cover court and see if they were available to cover on short notice.

The hardest part of the job was working with people who were pro se. These were people represented themselves. I tried to help them as much as possible without giving them legal advice.

The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the parties try to resolve their differences without the need for a full-day trial.
Pros
Excellent pay.
Cons
Too much overtime.
Typical Government Job
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 18, 2015
Was able to help make the rulings and decide cases based on bankruptcy policies and priorities. Was a great experience.
Processing clerk (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 3, 2012
Great place to work. A place you have to be a team member or
work independent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at US Bankruptcy Court. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2