US Bankruptcy Court

US Bankruptcy Court United States Employee Reviews

Very busy agency. Given extra work often with no raise in pay.
Courtroom Deputy Clerk (Former Employee), Greenbelt, MD 20770February 26, 2015
Pros: excellent pay.
Cons: too much overtime.
I enjoyed working with the people in the courtroom. I checked them in or directed them to a different courtroom if they were in the wrong place. I operated a multi-line telephone system and over the 34 year period answered thousands of calls. Between my interaction with the parties in the courtroom and the thousands of telephone calls I received over the years, I have developed excellent customer service skills.

I managed a 6-person team. We had 3 courtrooms to cover daily with (1) Courtroom Deputy Clerk and (1) ECRO (electronic court recording operator). When someone was out I had to approach other employees who had been cross-trained (by me) to cover court and see if they were available to cover on short notice.

The hardest part of the job was working with people who were pro se. These were people represented themselves. I tried to help them as much as possible without giving them legal advice.

The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the parties try to resolve their differences without the need for a full-day trial.
Typical Government Job
Clerk (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCFebruary 18, 2015
Was able to help make the rulings and decide cases based on bankruptcy policies and priorities. Was a great experience.
Processing clerk (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMarch 3, 2012
Great place to work. A place you have to be a team member or
work independent