US Express

US Express United States Employee Reviews

Good Company
Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: good company
Cons: not home much
Driving for USX is a good job. They do have some positions which allow for more home time but pay is not the best. OTR drivers are paid pretty good but home time is not as good as could be. Co-workers are not like normal jobs since you are a driver in a Semi not in a plant. Those I did come into contact with were good people. The hardest part of job was being away from home so long.
great job until it changed
Dedicated Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJanuary 21, 2015
deliver 53 ft trailers at retail stores,management changed with job hardest part of the job was no steady start time,most enjoyable part was the driving
Wonderful company but horrible dispatch operateors and driver managers
Company Driver (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNJanuary 8, 2015
The driver managers and the dispatch operators are horrible. they are inconsiderate and treat the drivers horrible. The Management and Training coordinators are very considerate and understanding about personal issues that arise and care very much for their drivers
jaime a diaz oneill
company driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNDecember 2, 2014
Pros: good
Cons: good
company driver over the road all states, drop and hook, dot law, rules and regulations, responsabilities, customer service.
usexpress has no security values for its employee's
Account Supervisor (Former Employee), Shelbyville, INOctober 31, 2014
Pros: work hours and days off
Cons: there are none
Nothing really good to say. That is my review of this company
great for starter families
Truck driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJune 5, 2014
Pros: set time home.
Cons: life is controled by dispatchers
A great way to set a life goal and meet it. Example like living a truck and saving for a house. Couples can ride together and live together and saving money
Typical large company
Over the Road Truck Driver (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNMay 18, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: they will leave you sitting
You will get the miles you want, more easily if your a team driver. You aree just a number to them, and if your truck breaks down get ready to sit. The money was good, and very rarely did they make a payroll mistake.
Small Family owned business.
Freight Broker (Former Employee), No Salt lake City, UTMay 4, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: no benefits, no room for advancement
It was a small family owned usiness. The people where very nice but no room for advancement. They did not have a very large truckload following had to find trucks and freight to haul truckloads for this company.
It was a ok job, you ran a lot and were down very little
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Tunnel Hill, GAMarch 27, 2014
Pros: good equipment, good and decent miles, decent down time
Cons: company made changes and things changed and it made alot of drivers quit
Miles were good to fair. They really tried to keep you running all the miles you could handle. I ran alot of good miles.
VERY NICE PEOPLE , STEADY WORK REGULAR HOME TIME.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: nice people, good driver managers, cared about the drivers.
I ENJOYED WORKING FOR THEM. WAS ABLE TO SEE ALOT OF PLACES AND MAKE ALOT OF MONEY. GOOD MILES RAN 6000 TO 7000 MILES A WEEK.
Comfortable equipment.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNDecember 21, 2013
Personnel -great to work with. Comfortable equipment. DBL's are great to work with you.
tuck driving
Truck driver (Former Employee), chatanooga, TnNovember 4, 2013
basic driving skills
horrible manegment
great coworkers
long time away from home
traveling
nice place to work at
Driver/Operator (Former Employee), Shippensburg, PAOctober 29, 2013
good company, put not enough work,needs more trucks.long days, people r nice. best part of day is going home....
pool tables and sitting room with tv at the terminal for drivers
Truck Driver (Former Employee), GAOctober 21, 2013
Pros: they had driver appreciation day were they did cook outs for drivers at home terminals
Cons: they had excellent benifit pakages
good company just to manyproblems with the automatic trucks they changed over to
company uses you then throws you away
O.T.R. Truck Driver (Former Employee), Markham, ILOctober 8, 2013
had a non preventable accident then they looked for ways to get rid of me
Enjoyed seeing the country
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJune 4, 2013
Pros: good money
Cons: terrible management
Drive to what ever location sit over night wake up at 6 o'clock am to deliver until my truck was empty
Liked it when I was in a car the best as their vans were less than desirable.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMay 24, 2013
Pros: usually drove a car and the patients i picked up mainly went to local offices.
Cons: no real lunch breaks, had to write a report on every little thing that happened right when it happened, was hard to do this and drive at the same time
Driving the vans were not comfortable and the seatbelts were older model types that needed to have the slack taken out of them by the wearer. At times some of the wearers did not tighten them up because they didn't like the constrictive feel of them. The seats were covered with vinyl, which made them very hot in the sun and very slippery and for those that did not tighten the seatbelts, they would soon find themselves on the floor. While in the cars, which were newer models, Crown Victoria's, just like the police cars. The ride was very comfortable and leisurely. Instead of feeling like a job the cars made it feel like you were going to pickup some friends to go to the store or something.
Review
Commercial Truck Driver- Over the Road (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMay 4, 2013
Pros: driving
Cons: everything
Went to orientation in GA then they sent me back home to Fl. Waited 1 month for a trainer to pick me up. Trained with him for 2 weeks and then couldn't get along and his smoking with windows up was killing me. So they put me in a hotel and I waited 9 days for a new trainer. This trainer was nice but he snored like crazy. Finally went to terminal in Markham, IL to test and graduated. They gave me my own truck and sent me to Chicago to pick up heavy load of Clorox. Trailer was old and emergency brakes didn't work. Took it 15 miles to Chicago and couldn't drop it because kingpin lock was broken. Had to call breakdown to come get it unlatched. Took truck back to Markham and turned my keys in, rented a car, and drove back home to Jax. Trucking is a hard job, it is hard to be away from home, and to live with someone else will drive you nuts. I rode Greyhound buses more than I ever wanted to. I think the trucking companies need to pay a lot more for training if they want people to stay in the business. That $400/wk was not close to being worth it. It should've been about $1000/wk. No wonder the industry is short on truckers. They don't pay what it is worth to do that job. I will not go back unless that changes. USXpress is not a bad company. I think it is the industry that is bad.
Drove 48 States
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee), Colton, CAApril 6, 2013
Pros: the pay
Cons: not home daily
I hated being over the road. Wanted to be local. The pay was good. But never home.
Productive industry
Over the Road Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJanuary 31, 2013
You start when you plan your trip to either p/u or deliver freight. I learned alot about the differences w/ laws and cultures in diff states. Mgmt is helpful when your truck needs repair, but this is a mgmt free job. Hardest part of job is being away from home weeks at a time. Most enjoyable is the job itself and that weekly check!!

US Express Salaries