US Express Employee Reviews

Liked it when I was in a car the best as their vans were less than desirable.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 24, 2013
Driving the vans were not comfortable and the seatbelts were older model types that needed to have the slack taken out of them by the wearer. At times some of the wearers did not tighten them up because they didn't like the constrictive feel of them. The seats were covered with vinyl, which made them very hot in the sun and very slippery and for those that did not tighten the seatbelts, they would soon find themselves on the floor. While in the cars, which were newer models, Crown Victoria's, just like the police cars. The ride was very comfortable and leisurely. Instead of feeling like a job the cars made it feel like you were going to pickup some friends to go to the store or something.
Pros
usually drove a car and the patients i picked up mainly went to local offices.
Cons
no real lunch breaks, had to write a report on every little thing that happened right when it happened, was hard to do this and drive at the same time
Great place o woork
Chattanooge-Tennessee -OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  Golden, CONovember 3, 2015
Typical day at work would be driving across country to meet a schedule.

What I learned is safety is always first. Maintaining equipment is a very necessary daily job which is and everyday job.

Management is a hughe key in helping me with my schedule and part of my life.

The hardest part of my job is not knowing what other drivers on the road were doing or going o do.

The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing I was always able to get my job done and not have to worry about anything.
Pros
Little managemant oversite
Cons
Having to depent on other people to get job done.
Loved being on the road
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PADecember 5, 2012
Typical day picking up my load for example a Walmart. Driving across county seeing and meeting new people. US Express had wonderful equipment. Co workers were fellow truck drivers who would help in areas where you needed assistance. The hardest part of the job was being idle without any loads. Waiting for the office to authorize you money to stay at a motel. The hardest part of the job was being idle. sleeping in your truck.
Pros
got the see the country and meet wonderful people
Cons
company was slow in getting drivers motel rooms, no health benifits
Alot of downtime for new drivers
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GANovember 17, 2015
Overall they are a good company to work for. I cam in fresh out of school and they gave me an opportunity to learn and make some money. I left because at the time business was down and I would spend days in a truckstop waiting for a load. They looked after the long term drivers first which I understand. I never intended to stay long term because I wanted to work locally after getting some experience. I would recommend them to anyone.
Pros
See alot of country meet new people
Cons
Gone for multiple weeks at a time
Big Headache
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 28, 2012
This job was the biggest headache I've ever had. A day at work was driving a truck to a destination assigned by a dispatcher to deliver or pick up a load. The problem was that the dispatcher always messed up on the times. I mean every time.
I learned to drive a truck, sleep in a truck, eat at gas stations. keep log books.
The hardest part of this job was driving through cities not knowing your way around.
The best part of this job was your, your own boss to a certain degree.
Pros
no one standing over your shoulder.
Cons
not enough pay.
Good Company
Long haul truck driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 18, 2012
Good company I would recommend them,Most people were very helpful, The trainer I had was a great trainer and was available after I was hired for Questions,Fleet Managers were good not always understandinding about what was going on.Hardest part for Me was I was not ready for being away month at a time
Pros
easy company to work for most all people are willing to answer questions and lend advice
Cons
were not upfront about my job when hired
Opportunity to make a lot of money while working alone driving across the country.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  chattanooga, tenneseeJune 8, 2015
US Xpress is an excellent beginner company to start off at once you acquire your CDL-A License. The Trucks ran well and the trailers were usually clean. The company keeps you busy and thats a good thing. The pay isn't great compared to other Trucking companies but like I said it's a great way to start off in the industry.
Good Company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 26, 2015
Driving for USX is a good job. They do have some positions which allow for more home time but pay is not the best. OTR drivers are paid pretty good but home time is not as good as could be. Co-workers are not like normal jobs since you are a driver in a Semi not in a plant. Those I did come into contact with were good people. The hardest part of job was being away from home so long.
Pros
good company
Cons
not home much
Wonderful company but horrible dispatch operateors and driver managers
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 8, 2015
The driver managers and the dispatch operators are horrible. they are inconsiderate and treat the drivers horrible. The Management and Training coordinators are very considerate and understanding about personal issues that arise and care very much for their drivers
Productive industry
Over the Road Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 31, 2013
You start when you plan your trip to either p/u or deliver freight. I learned alot about the differences w/ laws and cultures in diff states. Mgmt is helpful when your truck needs repair, but this is a mgmt free job. Hardest part of job is being away from home weeks at a time. Most enjoyable is the job itself and that weekly check!!
Productive and free fun on down time
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Colton, CAApril 9, 2015
Enjoyed Traveling different
States only in Spring, Summer. its hard work for sure.
Its Ok they have great Hotels to put you in when Truck break down
co-workers nice
hardest part when you don't have a good load or loads are to heavy.
Pros
Chaining the wheels, for Snow traveling.
Cons
hard sometime get hold of disbatcher
horrible place to work
Courier Driver Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  South Boston, MAJanuary 15, 2013
if you are an independent contractor for them you dont mean jack but just a number they don't care about your personal life at all... and if you tell them you want a raise because running deliveries for them you cant afford fuel they tell you to pound sand everyone makes the same.
Very bad company to work for
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 8, 2013
Not Fair pay at all...pay was below the going rate. Promised new equipment but did not get it, received a truck that was in very bad repair and had to wait on it to get repaired, which cost us getting paid for another week
Pros
none i can think of
Cons
did not live up to what the recruiter told you about
on the road
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 11, 2015
long hauls over the road, you never know where you are going until they tell you, very difficult to plan for home time. like most trucking companies they want to keep you out and moving as much as they can. i did like the fact that they had automatic trucks, but I prefer manual. its your average trucking company.
It was a ok job, you ran a lot and were down very little
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Tunnel Hill, GAMarch 27, 2014
Miles were good to fair. They really tried to keep you running all the miles you could handle. I ran alot of good miles.
Pros
good equipment, good and decent miles, decent down time
Cons
company made changes and things changed and it made alot of drivers quit
productive, very small company , everyone is like family
AR Collection Manager (Current Employee) –  Landover, MDJune 1, 2015
very nice small company to work for. everyone is very nice to work with. everyday is very busy for both sides of the company medical and freight side. we all get along very well and get the work done.
Pros
company buy luch
Cons
health care, 401k
Small Family owned business.
Freight Broker (Former Employee) –  No Salt lake City, UTMay 4, 2014
It was a small family owned usiness. The people where very nice but no room for advancement. They did not have a very large truckload following had to find trucks and freight to haul truckloads for this company.
Pros
nice people
Cons
no benefits, no room for advancement
Typical large company
Over the Road Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 18, 2014
You will get the miles you want, more easily if your a team driver. You aree just a number to them, and if your truck breaks down get ready to sit. The money was good, and very rarely did they make a payroll mistake.
Pros
good pay
Cons
they will leave you sitting
pool tables and sitting room with tv at the terminal for drivers
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  GAOctober 21, 2013
good company just to manyproblems with the automatic trucks they changed over to
Pros
they had driver appreciation day were they did cook outs for drivers at home terminals
Cons
they had excellent benifit pakages
Excellent Company to work For
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 8, 2013
Have paid us well for our experience. Great Fleet Managers to work with. We work on a Dedicated account with guaranteed miles. Wish we were home more often
Pros
great pay and benifits
Cons
not home often enough