US Express Employee Reviews

disorganize stressfull
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 21, 2018
there always seemed like a lack of communication. The company seems fair howeve. I just feel that they hire anyone who has a licence so sometimes that poses problems but other than that I did not have any major issues. The company never lied about anything.
worst company ever
Driver Tractor Trailer (Former Employee) –  New Caney, TXJanuary 10, 2018
Was promised at least 55000 per year and after sign on bonus was paid check came in at $350-$400 per week and was doing 3 loads of 3 plus stops per load. Waslied to from the start with recruiter, management told you what you wanted to hear to keep you on board on their dedicated walmart account in New Caney, I was actually picked up from different company during the time US Express bid out the carrier i applied for and being i was in hiring process they transfered me to this company i had friends who worked for other carrier so i knew the pay that was to be earned previously and Us Express promissed to match the pay for me to work there and pay didnt even come close to half of the other companies pay
Pros
Plenty of loads to deliver
Cons
Not enough Pay, Company has basic lower end trucks that break down often, when truck is in shop you dont work which means no pay
Good Company to work for, they treat their drivers like family. Would work for this company again.
Distribution/ Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNDecember 12, 2017
Great experience, dispatchers worked with drivers to maximize weekly mileage. Great benefits, payed vacations and cosistant mileage and pay.Managers were helpful with any questions or concerns with freight flow or any personnel issues or concerns.
Pros
Newer equipment, steady miles
Cons
Mechanical break downs, regens
management
Diesel Technician (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TNDecember 4, 2017
the managers for us xpress wont listen to problems like they should and when they do they do not fix the problem at hand the hardest part of my job is that there are only 2 people in my shop I do all the work on most days the the other tech does not come out of the office so that leaves just me to keep everything going
Pros
boss is a really good guy
Cons
boss will not help the shop
Trucking
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GANovember 30, 2017
I learned a lot working at US express. Laid back work, Clean environment, normal stress and great courses online to improve your skill. If I wasn't going through pain uses and surgeries i probably still be still working there.
Pros
Lost of paid training
Cons
Got fussed at everyday by supervisor.
management
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 28, 2017
management was great and listened to you if had an issue. overall when it comes to trucking companies i would rate them on a scale from from 1-10 it would be a 10
Great trainers
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 13, 2017
Terrible sometime great insurance and benefits not a good job if your family oriented great for team drivers top notch equipment. Good driver support to.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Hometime
ok place to work
Lead Tech (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 10, 2017
management was',nt very good,no pay raise, no supervision, lazy mechanics, .if you work hard you get more work other mechanics won't do,..work was'nt passed out fairly
Excellent OTJ training
Customer Service Rep; Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  New Boston, TXSeptember 24, 2017
I appreciated the training and experience I got with owner. manager. At times was hectic, most days were relaxed and productive. The company values family time and I appreciated the high ethics they mandated.
Stressful and high paced with low pay
Shift Foreman (Former Employee) –  Pageland, SCSeptember 5, 2017
I worked for three years with the promise of a raise to my correct pay scale but never happened. The other associates were under skilled and not interested in training.

Want to know more about US Express?

Ask a question
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaAugust 21, 2017
If you want to love trucking and not become burned out Dedicated, dedicated, dedicated, dedicated need I say it again.
-Oh don't get on the "bad side" of your dispatcher unless you like making 300 a week
not what I thought
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Newton, NCAugust 10, 2017
Its a little harder than I was taught and told. I did not feel comfortable driving on tight roads and tight spots.The managers work well with any situation I have, which is great. My only issue now is not getting enough runs and defiantly not enough pay.
Steady Work
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 7, 2017
Working for this company was great for me. It was pretty-much a dedicated lane from Omaha,NE. to Columbia,SC. One round a week. Only problem the pay was 1099. and no benifits
Pros
Lots of steady work.
Cons
No health care
good job for a starter
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 27, 2017
if you can get a dedicated route it good a good paying job. I didn't like the otr part of the company. it hard to get time off. they try to run you to the max.
did not like working here
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 24, 2017
This company sucked at pay and communication. hated working at this company. I wouldn't recommend anyone working for this company. Dispatchers will lie to you and make a person take loads. The trucks breakdown a lot and take anywhere from a week to three weeks to fix the problems with these trucks.
Pros
Cons
poor pay
Awesome place to work for
Local (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 27, 2017
Fuel Transport Driver
3J Fuel Carriers, Inc. - Wichita, KS
$50,000 - $60,000 a year
Home every night, local and regional deliveries. Looking for full time transport driver to haul Petroleum products including Diesel, Gas, BioDiesel, Ethanol,...
Horrible place to work
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 30, 2017
Do not care about their employees at all in realistic standards set way to high management is horrible equipment sucks routes suck......................
NO Schduled Loads
Local CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 22, 2017
You have to call in for a load daily. If they tell you to come in you will have to sit for 3-6 hours waiting for your load to get ready. There is no set schedule.
Wal Mart Account
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 10, 2017
Slip seat operation. Orientation was a joke. Almost everything said at orientation concerning the wall mart account was wrong. Trucks were beat up and falling apart. No compensation for waiting on a load while you sat at the DC.
Pros
its a job
Cons
deliver into down town Houston.
Great equipment and good miles
regiona & otr driver (Former Employee) –  Tunnelhill,GAJanuary 18, 2017
Drove at least 8 to 10 hours a day and all 48 states and I learned a lot bout trucking highway laws ,Dot regulations ,driving experience, and weight station requirements how too set my tandems for the tractor too be driven legally. Management was satisfactory when you talk too the right people, co workers were very friendly and easy too get along with. Hardest part bout job was keeping consistent miles and not having too do a lot sitting. Most enjoyable part was traveling and getting too see different parts of the world.