US Express Employee Reviews

Wal Mart Account
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 10, 2017
Slip seat operation. Orientation was a joke. Almost everything said at orientation concerning the wall mart account was wrong. Trucks were beat up and falling apart. No compensation for waiting on a load while you sat at the DC.
Pros
its a job
Cons
deliver into down town Houston.
just was not for me
dedicated truck driver (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHJanuary 11, 2017
I was really excited when i got hired with this company, i have just recived my cdl a. And wanted to start my new career. The pay was great, the job was easy. But at the end of the day i was away from home for two months even though i was told i would be home every friday. It took a tole and i realized i am not that person that can be away from his famliy for that long no matter how much money is in the pot. Bottom line great pay, easy work, good company, good trainers, and if you can handle being away for that long than jump on it,if you have any doubts than dont, because like i found it, it is very hard being away from your home.
Pros
money, easy, job security
Cons
being away from home
love driving just was told 5 days before my run was canceled
Tractor trailer driver (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 10, 2017
delivering mail from Syracuse new your to Albany new your. loading and unloading the mail. 6 days a week 3rd shift no matter the weather snow or shine. only problem with job is was told 5 days before my run was canceled
working for a compamy
Driver (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAJanuary 9, 2017
waiting on a load,traveling thru different states, had a co-driver that was state smart,,,,bad weather was the hardest part f the job...the fleet manager was awesome
Great Company, Poor Management
Trailer Technician (Current Employee) –  Ellenwood, GANovember 21, 2016
US Express is a good company to work for but has issues with management and fair treatment of their shop employees. This treatment tends to create a hostile work environment between shop technicians.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Poor Management
run
Driver (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 17, 2016
us exspress doesn't not advance there drivers. I have been with the company for fours and have tried three time for to advance. instead of giving me the chance for advancement would rather hire outside the company. Run from this company as fast as you can. the pay is the worst and raises are slow with no vacation pay. and high costing health benefits. there are a lot of better trucking co. out there.
Pros
Cons
low pay, no advancement some of the drive managers dont care about the drivers.
Great Company with many Options for CDL Drivers
OTR Driver/ OTR Driver Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 17, 2016
Great Miles for new drivers.Got good miles as a trainer but not so great running solo. would recommend if you are new to the industry.
OTR Driver with stevens
FAMILY DOLLAR DEDICATED REGIONAL DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 3, 2016
I didnt mind otr,but stevens doesn't pay well at all,i was going broke.i don't know how to tell you in detail other than there more worried about themselves making money than there employees. they didnt even careabout their employees
sky was limit
Regional Planner (Former Employee) –  Trenton, GAAugust 14, 2016
young business owner with desire to take on the world. and revolutionize the transportation industry. inexperienced in transportation to know how to take business to next level
Pros
free lunch
Cons
family business
Fm
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 9, 2016
i strongly advice anyone seeking to work at usx to work the regular weekday shift . Managing your own fleet is far more rewarding then multiple flts on extended coverage.
Pros
3 different shifts to choose from. Usx as a whole is pretty good.
Cons
Supervisor
Driver
Regional Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 19, 2016
Obtain route schedule , drive to destinations , deliver product, no co-workers .
Most difficult part of the job is being away from my family for long periods of time
Truck driver
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJune 5, 2016
Long hours bad trainers and coordinators they run there students in the ground treat them like a number.the equipment was alright
The hotel they put you in was a 1 star rating.
Pros
Cons
Got bad credit from the physical ithey put it on my credit report
horrible dispatchers, decent equipment
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAMay 21, 2016
As long as you never want to go home its a good company, got decent runs and the loads paid well. had many runs over 1000 miles. made it out west often and truck rarely ever broke down.
Pros
equipment, good runs, decent pay and benifits
Cons
horrible home time, rude dispatchers
great equipment nice dispatchers
class a cdl (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 4, 2016
5 days out 2 days home good company for a dedicated account to be home every weekend..drop and hook was great..being close to home was the best part
Pros
nice equipment
Cons
being gone 5 days a week
issue
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 9, 2016
had issues with getting paid by this company on a regular basis.left twice due to this issue.indeed made me do this. i have nothing else to say
Alot of downtime for new drivers
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GANovember 17, 2015
Overall they are a good company to work for. I cam in fresh out of school and they gave me an opportunity to learn and make some money. I left because at the time business was down and I would spend days in a truckstop waiting for a load. They looked after the long term drivers first which I understand. I never intended to stay long term because I wanted to work locally after getting some experience. I would recommend them to anyone.
Pros
See alot of country meet new people
Cons
Gone for multiple weeks at a time
Great place o woork
Chattanooge-Tennessee -OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  Golden, CONovember 3, 2015
Typical day at work would be driving across country to meet a schedule.

What I learned is safety is always first. Maintaining equipment is a very necessary daily job which is and everyday job.

Management is a hughe key in helping me with my schedule and part of my life.

The hardest part of my job is not knowing what other drivers on the road were doing or going o do.

The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing I was always able to get my job done and not have to worry about anything.
Pros
Little managemant oversite
Cons
Having to depent on other people to get job done.
Do not take care of thier equipment
truck driver cdl driver (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAOctober 29, 2015
This company does not take care of there equipment or their Drivers. I spent more time broken down than I did driving and making a living.
on the road
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 11, 2015
long hauls over the road, you never know where you are going until they tell you, very difficult to plan for home time. like most trucking companies they want to keep you out and moving as much as they can. i did like the fact that they had automatic trucks, but I prefer manual. its your average trucking company.
Fast paste,also can get slow
Driver OTR (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 9, 2015
In the begining was fun place to work then it got to slow was not making money.So I decided to move forward and try to find a better company
Pros
CAN PICK RUNS SOMETIME
Cons
HEALTHCARE

Ask a question about working or interviewing at US Express. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7