US Foods

US Foods United States Employee Reviews

Production base job
Meat cutter custom (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 27, 2015
Prepare custom meat cuts for company and customer quality standards. Provide technical training to customers service technicians for installation, operation, and maintenance of ROSS and MARELEC Machinery.
unorganized
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Lenexa, KSApril 22, 2015
Pros: compensation
Cons: unorganized
The workplace is not organized and the routing of the routes is always off. There is a lot of time wasted during routes.The supervisors are not working together to bridge the gap between employees.
Management does the opposite of what you can
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Decatur, ALApril 20, 2015
Pros: Great Pay, Job Security, Good co-workers
Cons: Management, Equipment, No family time
The work is not that hard. Just unloading groceries in a timed environment. Equipment is junk however. Out of 16 tractors on the yard, only one was less than 3 years old and it was the only one road worthy. During orientation, transportation preaches an entirely different way of operations than what actually happens on the yard. The ramp door on every trailer I used would not stay closed. The ramps require most of the wasted energy of the day. Hand trucks were junk. Every load I got would have turned over pallets. Product for one stop would always be in the wrong spot on pallet. Supervisor rode with me first 3 days and we got detoured off of the interstate due to a wreck and he made me work through my break to meet time schedule only to write me up my first day on my own due to clocking out for my break 4 minutes late. Upon receiving my first paycheck, they lied about what they were going to pay me during orientation and cut me entirely out of a day's pay. My first day after orientation, I rode with a gentleman(a really good dude) and I was driving the truck and when we hit a bump, the air horn stuck and would not stop blowing, which was really embarrassing and funny too. I lasted only 2 weeks here and it wasn't due to the work. I have worked for another grocery company before and they were gold compared to this place. If you like BS, this is the place for you!!
productive fun culture
Territory Manager (Current Employee), corona, ca.April 20, 2015
very team based. big on empowerment and higher education. good work life balance. great benefits. corona division is a great team to work with. paid training.
New and innovative
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Champaign, ILApril 20, 2015
Pros: New items coming into market
Cons: Pushing very hard on the technology that wasn't for all customers.
The company was changing the food industry by continously adding new food items to change the way restaurants sell their food. Technology was also a big push within the company and for the customer.
Deliver Driver (Current Employee), Topeka, KSApril 19, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: forced off if workload is not sufficient
This is a great job for physically fit person who doesn't mind getting up early. You have to check your load make sure safety requirements are met and have to be delivering good to customers in a timely and friendly manner.
Tough Learning Curve but gets easier overtime
TERRITORY MANAGER (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 1, 2015
Pros: You get to decide your daily activities, to a point
Cons: 6 days a week. Laptop is glued to you until order-cut off time
Foodservice is a very simple business.....get the right products to the customers. As simple as it sounds there is an enormous amount of activity going on behind the scenes to make it all happen. Over time you learn what to watch out for but everyday is different and challenging. No matter how "good" you are you will always feel there is something else that needs to be done. The key is to work with a good team because it truly is a team effort.
Not Doing the Job I Was Hired For
Food Safety Quality Assurance Supervisor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Good hourly workers. Very hard working.
Cons: Poor senior management.
I was brought in 5 weeks before a major audit was to take place. The company was going through a merger and there had not been a QA Supervisor there for 5 months. It would have been hard enough to perform the job I had to do within the time allotted, but when I was tasked to bring the QA program up to snuff, find missing documentation (if it existed at all), create programs that should have already been in place AND spend 60% of my day away from doing this to perform tasks in a job I was NOT hired for (Production Supervisor), that made the position untenable for me.
Engaging Work
Regional Account Manager- Healthcare Segment (Current Employee), PennsylvaniaMarch 18, 2015
Fast paced work environment. 24 hour work cycle on a daily basis, you tend to make this a lifestyle and not just a job. Customer service and salesmanship required if you want to be successful.
Stable environment, family atmosphere
Logistics Coordinator/Claims Specialist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 11, 2015
Pros: family atmosphere, team oriented, room for growth, upper managment stays engaged with entire staff.
Cons: lacking in technology, old equipment, uncertainty because of proposed of sysco merger.
US Foods is a great place to work. Plenty of opportunity to advance and upper management REALLY care about who you are and what you do. Some middle management on the other hand make their ambitions known and some but NOT all leave much to be desired.
Repaired , installed, and reconditioned beverage equipment
Service Technician (Former Employee), Lexington, SCMarch 6, 2015
Pros: great work enviroment
Cons: my boss who hired me, passed away not long after he hired me.
I was responsible for a company van and handled beverage equipment for customers. I would rebuild and recondition coffee, juice and tea machines to be used in restaurants in the Columbia and surrounding areas.
Great place
Corporate FP&A (Current Employee), rosemont, ilMarch 5, 2015
Great place to work, work life balance, great leadership, interesting work, fhopefully themerger will not take place
Great sales environment & a leader in most areas regarding foodservice industry. High emphasis on staying ahead of technology & trends in foodservice.
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee), Daphne, ALMarch 3, 2015
Nice balance balance between work & personal life with some flexibility. Compensation is very good when you perform. The most enjoyable part of my job would be the relationships that I have built as a direct result of relationship selling.
Positive and Encouraging Company
National Account Executive (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 1, 2015
US FOODS/ATLANTA at the time I worked there was run by the most amazing team of professionals that I have ever seen. The support and encouragement that I received while employed there was not comparable to anything I'd seen up until then. Those gentlemen set the bar for Sales Team Support and mutual respect for all team members.
super tough job, high paying job
driver (Former Employee), tampa flFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: high paying job 60-70k
Cons: toughest job there is in the delivery business
Very tough job with long hours & overloaded, stressful routes. Youll be unloading heavy cases with a handcart with a a ramp 99% of the time from beef and chicken to milk and cheese if you're not careful you'll get injured fast. But you will get PAID!!
Very focused with a pleasant work environment
Operations Clerk (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: good pay, full benefits, great drivers
Cons: long late hours, short staff
I come to work at 11:30 pm, sort out with drivers need to be released and print out all the drivers route sheets with assigned doors for departure. Management is pretty good with handling a busy night, most times if I need help they would take the time to assist me. The hardest part of this job is having to deal with damaged goods and making sure that we had replacement of the same product for the driver. The most enjoyable part of this job is hearing about the drivers daily commute making their rounds to customers.
Houston
Driver (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: nothing in the houston office
Cons: everything
Houston Office Sucks Horrible Management this job would be cool if they had better Management and organization, you never know what time you come in have to call at 9pm every day to find out what time you come in, something its not up, playing the guessing game, and you never have the same route, unless you have been their for years.
Great culture for employees
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee), Wixom, MIFebruary 13, 2015
The Company provides challenging work while ensuring employees are valued.
Lots of great tools in place to help employees be successful and to be considered innovative and cutting edge to the customers.
fun work place
Night Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), North Little Rock, ARFebruary 7, 2015
Being to come to an overnight job away from family and still be able to have fun and joke while working is a great plus and great motivation to come to work
Great company with an uncertain future.
Territory Manager (Current Employee), Fife, WAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule with great compensation and benefits.
Cons: challenging balance between work and family. uncertain future with pending merger.
US Foods has been at the forefront of an ever evolving foodservice industry. They continue to be the leading innovator in foodservice distribution through unique and exclusive food products and eCommerce solutions. With a pending merger with our largest competitor, the future of US Foods is uncertain.

1 2 3 4 5