US Foods Employee Reviews

Good Compensation for Hard Work
Night Sele (Current Employee) –  Salem, VANovember 27, 2016
Jobs like this are hard to come by with regard to compensation. On the flip side this job will take a toll on your body. Some of the slots you pick from are only a couple feet off the ground and you will have to crawl to pick something that may way 35-50 Lbs. Other times the slot may be 5 feet off the ground and the only way possible to grab the item is to climb. They preach safety, but under these circumstances it is only preached because you are not paid to be safe. You are paid to be productive. There is no way to do this job for years and not have back pain. Nonetheless, I know that some selectors make $70,000 per year. I would say the average selector makes $45-50K. Pretty much everyone is overworked and irritated. Management seems to care and somehow seems like they are not doing enough.
Pros
Compensation, Weekends off
Cons
10 hr days, night shift, poor working conditions
good money, LONG LONG hours.
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 27, 2016
ive worked as a selector for about 5.5 years now. this by far, is one of the toughest environments ive worked in. 8 hours a night 5 nights a week is normal and still pretty tough for a selector. however, if you plan on working here, you'll be working 11-12 hours a night EVERY night. im on my 2nd week here and my body feels like i got hit with a train.
the money is good, but not for 12 exhausting hours a night. you dont make incentive, you just get "raises" every 4 weeks. and if you missed 1 case in 1,000 you dont get a raise.
Pros
decent money
Cons
horribly long hours, not enough compensation for the work
It's a job
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJDecember 11, 2016
Long hours and incompetent managers. The good supervisors are overworked and under appreciated. This division is WEAK at the top!!! (People making big money to Direct the division don't have a CLUE!)

Don't ever even think about asking for more money.....they will promise you the world, but never deliver.

This is Union environment and most of the employees are great! They will work for you...just respect them. (They are paid well which also helps)

It is a job and you will be paid!!! That's about it....
Pros
The people...and having Friday's off. Benefits are decent too.
Cons
Total lack of leadership! They don't have a clue in this division
Good pay, can be fun, life consuming
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 31, 2016
There is no typical day at work. This can be either good or bad in a sense where there is always a new and exciting product to learn about and sell, however there is always an issue that needs to be resolved.

Thick skin is required for the position of a Territory Manager. This particular role involves mostly rejection and requires the ability to be flexible at all times. There is however, some gratification when a customer is reaping the benefits of your assistance.

Management and co-workers vary. The overall compensation is satisfactory however this isn't any travel compensation.
Nice pay
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 4, 2017
Worked here for over 19 years. They pay well so it is hard to leave. Management doesn't have a clue what happens in the warehouse. Corporate likes to dictate what products we need and we have to take them whether we need it or not. Warehouse is almost full but corporate doesn't care. Complete lack of discipline from employees since no one is ever written up. Morale is at an all time low, but management/corporate don't care.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Bad management, poor leadership, lack of communication
You Never stopped learning
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNDecember 5, 2016
You were kept on your toes frequently. You never stopped learning. To cross train was the easiest I have ever seen. Everyone was treated as a equal. The interaction with the sales reps,distributers and cutomers would alway expand your knowledge. My saying when I worked there was if I didn't learn something new when I left I didn't go to work. It was the only job I had that took a very lengthy time to learn. It was so worth the time
Pros
the benefits, pay and ability to learn
Cons
can't think of any
Growing company. Enjoyable place to work.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 11, 2017
Training on new computer system. I learned a lot about the food industry and computer systems. Management was great very supportive. Worked with a great group of people. Training getting up in front of people was most challenging. The opportunity to advance and grow with the company. Enjoyed the environment and structure of the company.
Pros
Large company, health benefits.
Cons
stability
opportunity to learn, fast paced environment, job security
Sr Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Severn, MDJune 30, 2016
US Foods is a rapidly growing company with much potential. The management in the Operations Department is like a revolving door. The constant change in management causes disruption and a lack of accountability/structure. The team members are awesome and pull together to make it happen no matter what the work conditions are. I enjoyed the "family" like relaxed environment I was a part of.
Pros
Cell Phone Discounts, Stocks, flexibility, generous vacation/personal, vision and dental insurance are great time
Cons
treatment of employees is not always fair. Medical benefits could be much better. The rates, deductibles and out of pocket expenses are crazy for a company of this size.
production
Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 8, 2016
great company to work for great benefits.i learned how to operate all warehouse equipment while working for us foods.we'd start@6:30pm-until finished and after the work was over most guys would go the breakfast together.the fast pace environment got stressful at times,but you found a way to adjust to that.i really wanted to retire from USFood,it was a great company to work for.I hope the next company i work for is jus as equal
Pros
pay and the benefits
Cons
management
Good company to work for depending upon the division
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VASeptember 7, 2016
Easy job, not rocket science. Management does not work with you. They will not adapt to current situations, would rather do what worked 20 years ago. Do your research before going here. It is a physically demanding job, keeps you in shape. Hardest part of the job is dealing with upper management who reject to change.
Pros
Weekends off, affordable benefits
Cons
Poor management, poor routing, poor planning all around
Productive, Innovative, Detail Oriented, Hardworking
Product Line Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDOctober 26, 2016
Us Food Service was an excellent opportunity I really enjoyed going to work. They offered: excellent training, good benefits, Bonuses
Vacation, 401 k, mileage for out of the office training, relocation ability, competitive salaries, and much more.
Pros
Cons
Downsized the corporate office
See review below
Delivery driver cdl a (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, NJJanuary 5, 2017
Great place to work after 13 years 2 month of service relocated to Florida for personal reasons and was denied a transfer to Tampa division in which they are hiring and also denied unemployment was safe and courteous
Pros
Fair pay and benefits
Cons
Management need to be more fair to everyone equally
Great company to work for.
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 29, 2016
Good company, great associates, and a great place to work. Memphis location went through a major transition with expansion and consolidation during my tenure and all supervisory staff from other location was offered relocation.
Pros
Great company with great benefits.
Cons
Politics
US Foods
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Hurricane, WVDecember 30, 2016
Has been a great company to work for years. Corporate changes lately have not been for the best. A lot of downsizing and changing commission brackets. Lots of hours to invest to be successful. Job is always on.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Long Hours, Always on the job.
Its a good job but not what I want
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 3, 2016
Its a pleasure to work for u.s.foods but me myself im in search for something more laid-back and less stressful. In search of a forklift position pulling orders in the Tampa area
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Long hours, negative employees and rough working conditions
Dynamic Sales & Marketing Company
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 13, 2016
My company has lead the way for the past 5 years with offering our customers the required products & resources they need to remain competitive in a challenging market place. We educate and task our sales professionals with consulting with our customers to create partnerships matching value added resources to their specific challenges. The company works hard to continuously create the additional resources and advance our company initiatives to remain a leader in the food service industry. Our culture is one of accountability, honest evaluation and open communication to constantly grow making it easy for our customers to do business with us.
Pros
Great culture, healthcare benefits, sales rewards systems, technology
Cons
Keeping up with the work load can be challenging when balancing time with family.
Bad business model
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 6, 2016
Some drivers are ok, most don't care about their job or the happiness of the customer. Customer service is not a huge priority to the company. No college education required to be a manager. Sales force is of no help.
Pros
Friendly customers
Cons
Poor management, not great benefits/wages
Good company
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  SF DivisionJanuary 3, 2017
This is a good company to work for. Big enough to be able to make a good living and friendly enough in culture to have a feel of a smaller, private company. Definitely would like to transfer if there's an opening.
Pros
Wages, benefits, good atmosphere
Cons
Occasionally size of company thwarts input from employees
good money good benfits, no personal life.
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJanuary 9, 2017
pick orders of 20 to 300 cases, pick up 32,000lbs everyday worked 10-12 hours daily, learn OSHA regulations, hazard, materials, learn how to operate a fork lift and a 3 pallet jack, all the co workers are really hard to work with since its a pretty stressful job, great benefits good money.
Pros
good money good benefits.
Cons
no personal life.
No life if you work for this company. MONEY MONEY MONEY!
Night Clerk (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSDecember 1, 2016
This isnt a bad company to work for IF you don't have a family. This is more of a single persons job. The pay is great. While working here they were going through management changes and from what I have been told they are going through it again. It was like working in a high school. There was so much drama and rumors. The job itself is very demanding. While I was there I was working 10-12 hour days 5-6 days a week. They pay is good though after working all of those long hours. Turn over rate is INSANE!!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at US Foods. Our community is ready to answer.