US Foods Employee Reviews

Great Company
Contract Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZ 85284September 27, 2016
The co-workers quickly become your family. Relying on team members to analyze contracts and clientele's needs, there is always a helping hand. Short travel opportunities for those that work hard and willing to travel for a week. Company often has festivities and truly believe in work/life balance, but depending on field you cover may need to meet time sensitive deadlines even if it means overtime. The company is willing to give overtime as long as you have a project you're working on. Great growth rate with potential advancement opportunities.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, No weekends
Cons
Learning curve happens on the floor, not the training program
If you like working in a police state go ahead
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 20, 2016
the job of shuttle driver is easy, but being watched by camera's all the time, I.E. if you are on camera taking a sip of water while driving a truck you will be written up, work very unpredictable hours, lack of communication from managers and really no training, kinda do it own your own, pay is ok, but it is not worth the what you have to put up with, there are many more jobs that pay better and are more worker friendly and have stable hours
Pros
may get perks sometimes
Cons
no communication, buddy system, hours not stable
production
Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 8, 2016
great company to work for great benefits.i learned how to operate all warehouse equipment while working for us foods.we'd start@6:30pm-until finished and after the work was over most guys would go the breakfast together.the fast pace environment got stressful at times,but you found a way to adjust to that.i really wanted to retire from USFood,it was a great company to work for.I hope the next company i work for is jus as equal
Pros
pay and the benefits
Cons
management
Good company to work for depending upon the division
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VASeptember 7, 2016
Easy job, not rocket science. Management does not work with you. They will not adapt to current situations, would rather do what worked 20 years ago. Do your research before going here. It is a physically demanding job, keeps you in shape. Hardest part of the job is dealing with upper management who reject to change.
Pros
Weekends off, affordable benefits
Cons
Poor management, poor routing, poor planning all around
Depends on the location
Delivery Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 3, 2016
I worked for US Foods as a driver for almost 4 years. I started in Omaha, Ne and later transferred to Tampa, Fl. Omaha was a great location to work for. Management was organized and helpful. There was a strong team environment, as well as a driver's union. Then I transferred to Tampa, and got to see another side of the company. Horrible management, poor routing, no union which meant that management could play favorites and only assign the good routes and days off to their favorite employees. Pay was not the same either. It didn't measure up to the cost of living. Be careful which branch you work for, and make sure you are in a union.
Pros
Good if there is a union
Cons
Long hours, no life outside work, always on call even on days off, poor management
Ok to work there
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 6, 2016
I worked at US Foods

Pros

Great teamwork but you are still allowed to operate the Distribution Centre as you and your management team see it as necessary to meet and even exceed the customer expectation.
You feel as part of an International Team and your suggestions are considered valuable.

Cons

As an organization, we lost quite a few businesses and thus as a new manager, I lost my position even though my Centre as doing very well.

Advice to Management

This a solid organization with strong support system. I feel that a site manager should be fully responsibly for their centre and should not be bail out if their account is lost to another company. Much more another manager should not lose their position because of other centres failure.
Embrace change. It's the best way to get better.
Director of National/Multi Units Sales (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXJuly 13, 2016
I was employed by US Foods/US Foodservice for 16 years. I began as a District Sales Manager. Through their direction and development I was promoted twice.
The company has gone through some incredible changes. New opportunities to grow and improve knowledge have been numerous.
I would recommend US Foods Inc. as a desirable employment location.
Pros
Reward for performance.
Cons
Employment requirements.
No job security
Marketing (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 8, 2016
I worked here for three years and enjoyed learning about food. The fast-paced environment was exciting. However the workloads are very heavy and require lots of extra hours of work at home each week, lots of travel and constant high-pressure situations. The company is going public and eliminating thousands of jobs, thus I became a casualty of this "reorganization." Money is really all that matters to US Foods. You are not important at this company and will likely be laid off when they decide to cut more expenses. Wouldn't recommend this place.
Pros
Exciting, decent pay
Cons
No job security, extremely heavy workload until you get laid off
Company in Transition
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 18, 2016
With the company recently going public most of the sales department is in a lengthy transition. To show a solid bottom line to the investors the company revamped their sales model nationwide eliminating many positions. In my opinion they are going backwards by alleviating many of the customer service aspects of the current model that helped make them successful.
opportunity to learn, fast paced environment, job security
Sr Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Severn, MDJune 30, 2016
US Foods is a rapidly growing company with much potential. The management in the Operations Department is like a revolving door. The constant change in management causes disruption and a lack of accountability/structure. The team members are awesome and pull together to make it happen no matter what the work conditions are. I enjoyed the "family" like relaxed environment I was a part of.
Pros
Cell Phone Discounts, Stocks, flexibility, generous vacation/personal, vision and dental insurance are great time
Cons
treatment of employees is not always fair. Medical benefits could be much better. The rates, deductibles and out of pocket expenses are crazy for a company of this size.
unstable
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GAAugust 10, 2016
I worked in Sales. Had to deal with the IT department on many occasions. HORRIBLE!!!
The training was awful. One guy in particular was Alberto Uribe . awful and a complete disaster. Had no clue how to do his job. Atrocious documentation and record keeping for new personnel. Company itself is great. But IT department is horrible and needs to be overhauled.
Pros
free food
Cons
IT Department (ALBERTO URIBE)
A day in the life
TRANSPORTATION MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Peabody, MAJune 21, 2016
I start work anytime between 4 and 8 in the morning depending on what is going on that day. The day can last from 10 to 15 hours Monday through Friday with an occasional Saturday. I like the work and the people I work with. I can say I have been extremely loyal to the company over many years and have enjoyed the fast pace work day helping customers and fellow workers.
Pros
I have been with the company for many years
Cons
Do not like the direction the company is heading
Closings and Layoffs were always looming
gh pSenior Sales and Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 6, 2016
Poor Business Model from Corporate.
Constant pressure to grow business and little regard for employees.
No reimbursements for expenses and 100% commissions as compensation for long hours of work with little regard for balance of work and family life.
Pros
Co Workers
Cons
Stressful conditions with high pressure
US Foods Company Review
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  USAJuly 19, 2016
US Foods is a great company. Benefits and vacation are far and competitive. Managers are great at some divisions and not so great at other divisions. Really depends on honesty and integrity. Either you decide to do the right thing or you decide to do an unethical thing.
Pros
Good food when CHEFS cook. Great technology for Sales team.
Cons
Lack of consistent communication.
Good if you don't value home life
Driver (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 24, 2016
The pay is good but you work very hard unloading a truck and delivering product upstairs/ downstairs, on your feet most of the day!! Management is terrible anymore, never was like that.. Not a bad place it's just heading in a direction that is driven by corporate greed and don't listen to the people that actually do the job
Pros
Pay
Cons
Benefits suck anymore, long and hard days
Looking to work for free? Get into management/supervision now!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Western RegionJune 15, 2016
I took the job for the money and opportunity. I worked literally 12-14 hour days watching the employees under me earn a better paycheck than me..then I got to take the fall for their mistakes. The company always looked for a scapgoat rather than figure out the real problem.

Sales basically runs the show. Looking to cut cost? Good luck. Looking to be more efficient? Never. Just shutup and do what you are told. Say no...or ask too many questions, then YOU are the problem.
Pros
Paychecks don't bounce
Cons
No work life balance, no life, asked to work weekends, six days, blamed for everything, no training
fast pace but productive
Freezer Selector (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 15, 2016
show for work at 3 or 4 in evening depending on how many cases needed to be pulled that night... learned voice picking and having to work wearing a freezer suit.. worked with little supervision.. most of the management worked during the day... co workers were fun to work with and we all did a lot of team work.. hardest part was trying to pick products when your finger tips cracked from being in freezer.. the good part was the team work and fun we had working trough out our shift..
Pros
free turkey for thanksgiving
Cons
long exhausting late nights..
Busy fast paced environment
Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Seabrook, NHAugust 1, 2016
US Foods has been a great company to work for many years. I worked with some very talented and hard working peers.
Recent cost reductions since company has gone public could impact the business negatively.
Pros
Great industry to work at with talented coworkers
Cons
Company is cutting too many jobs, quality of support structure will be effected.
Great Place to Work
Customer Solution Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 10, 2016
The work was very demanding and very productive. There was never a dull moment at this job it kept you more eager to learn and help to develop each of us. I enjoyed working with the Sales Team, Executive Staff and other department as well. The hardest part of this job was that I had to leave due to a relocation last year. I honestly can say I enjoy my years at US Foods working with a great group of people on all levels.
Pros
Test Kitchen Cuttings
This place sucks don't believe management
Driver (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAJune 7, 2016
There load are always wrong, there is always problem there, this place is a joke the are always on strike here so remember you don't get pay wen you are on strike,the union only give you 200 for that week , my truck uses more gas to get the.
Not a good pace to be, I was promise a raise and 8 weeks wen by and I ask them every pay and they will tell you it will be on your next check but it never happen and you ask them again and they get mad and tell you it pending now so don't believe management they are lair there .
Cons
No sleep and management sucks there