US Foods

US Foods Employer Reviews

Co workers make this company
purchasing/sales (Current Employee), Wixom, MIApril 16, 2014
Pros: great co workers
Cons: contantly micro managed by corporate
I love the fact that they look to promote within. If you are a good employee you will get promoted.
Was a Great company was the worst mistake I ever made leaving
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Ormond Beach FloridaApril 10, 2014
Pros: great company
Cons: did not have any
Great company benefits and work life. Was my own boss If you made sales you were left alone. If you did not you were not left alone. My boss was a good man. I hated to leave but was offered double the money to go somewhere else whis I would have stayed.
Great money
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 7, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: long hours, no life, us foods
The work environment is great. I had a great boss so it made my job easier. As long as I was opening accounts and making money, I wasn't bothered. The work life balance was far off. I was unable to enjoy the money I made.
fun place but no work-life balance
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TxApril 5, 2014
fun place to work but to many hours, management very supportive, high pressure environment
Fast paced good benefits and pay
Warehouse Selector (Former Employee), West Chester, OHApril 4, 2014
Better eat your wheaties! Its a cool job but you are subject to injury mainly due to lack of sleep and/or poor lifting tech. Lot of heavy boxes from 1 to 100 lbs.
Sold to Sysco Foods
Account Executive - Outside Sales (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 2, 2014
Sysco bought US and it is being absorbed. Great co-workers, good line of products, warehouse crew is awesome, drivers are awesome, inside sales people work very hard.
Honest Review,Tough Place to work..
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Pittston, PAMarch 30, 2014
Pros: good pay, good benefits
Cons: management..no room for advancement..high turnover rate..
Arrive early morning hours,hook up tractor/trailor,pre-trip truck, and do proper paperwork...deliver food in a semi-truck most of the big cities on the east coast from Boston to NYC..got experience driving and backing up in big cities with very tight spaces..Management very hard to talk to your just a number..very high employee turn over rate,,co-workers – more... are helpful and friendly just fed up with the operation of the company...hardest part is it's real physical work...alot of lifting,walking up and down a ramp numerous times to deliver with alot of heavy weight..The pay is pretty good and the benefits..Company's future is up in the air,us foods just got bought out by sysco..alot of drivers including myself are looking elsewhere for different employment.. – less
Fun place to work but they didn't want me to have a future there.
Senior Sales Support - Healthcare & Hospitality (Current Employee), Garland, TXMarch 26, 2014
Company is not a big promoter for advancement. Made several attempts, on one instance didn't even get an interview.
Local Sr. Management all fearfull of jobs with inability to forge local relationships
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 7, 2014
Pros: i enjoy food service people and was always offered free food and drink
Cons: sr. management ego and hangups
Great national corporate platform, co-workers (buyers, customer service, contract, credit, drivers ) and customers I called on daily. I loved my customer and visa versa. My day always very busy 7am planning, covering outs, mis-picks, regular appointments, cultivating leads, regular orders, special orders, notifications to all departments (buyers, customer – more... service, contract pricing, credit issues etc.) Will calls, some deliveries and new proposals. At home after 5-7pm Entering review of day into LINC and schedule with alerts commitments made during the day. Most enjoyable part of my day is the personal interactions with peers and friends(customers)

Many of my loyal customers have left the company.

Dealing with unreasonable sr. management cronyism was another issue. I saw numerous very good employees being removed when doing whats right for the company and customers within policy and procedures but outshining sr. management. Limited inventory to be a full service supplier. My experience saw decisions to (without notice) discontinue service to certain customers and market segments and a year later demand sales go back and get the shunned business back. – less
ever changing fast paced enviroment
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee), Bensenville, ILMarch 5, 2014
Headed up retail marketing for the foodservice distribution to retailers .
Planned quarterly promotions as well as made headquarter presentations to multi unit chain business and end users . Coorrdinated tema selling to retail chains .
Horrible place to work US Foods does not care about the drivers safety
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Greensburg, PAMarch 5, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: no communications, no family time, not enough sleep between shifts, no advancement
OMG! Where do I start!?!?
First of all I see no current or former drivers on this review blog and there is a reason for that and the reasons are as follows;
1) No family time Mon.-Fri.
2) If you're not high on the food chain you're not making money
3) You average 65hrs a week which is illegal by the way
4) They will make you come in and work before – more... your ten hours are up to get ready and not get paid for it then make you punch in at 1 min. past the hour rule-which is also illegal!!!
5) They are begging someone to pull their back out, tear up your knee, break a leg or arm the way they load the trailers!!
6) all driver logs are adjusted so US Foods can't get into trouble
7)You will work more than a 14 hour day-Oh snap that is also illegal
8) If you are able to survive the job and have your own route and it is a good money making route, well guess what, you have earned the right to have it taken away from you by a Sr. driver every year!!!!
9) US Foods Greensburg has the highest turnover rate in the United States and they can't figure out why!!!!! – less
Outstanding Company
Security/ Loss Prevention Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Mill SCFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: making sure eveyone understands policies
Cons: those employees not wanting to follow policies
Ensuring security/ safety people, property and product. Learned access control, fire alarm response and evacuation, CCTV, Investigations, Drug/ Alcohol Coordinator, Shrinkage, New Background Investigations and Manager security staff and department. Get a long well with supervisory and management staff. Hardest part of the job keeping shrinkage at a – more... minimum at 545,000 sq. ft. facility. The most enjoyable part is keeping shrinkage at a minimum. – less
Productive day!
Finance Consultant (Former Employee), New JerseyFebruary 25, 2014
I enjoyed working at US Foods. It was challenging and enjoyable. I learn a lot of information and worked with a great team.
Productive work environment
ACCOUNTING CLERK (Current Employee), FloridaFebruary 18, 2014
Great place to work. Good management and hard-working employees.
US Foods is a want a be Sysco
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Wixom, MIFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: i can not think of any
Cons: absolutely to many to list, top and middle management for sure, i feel for the work horse slave driven sales force.
Honestly I can not find the words to describe how disorganized this corporation is. It is indecisive at every internal level. Constantly changing, implementing, re figuring, confusion, etc. etc. No clear direction. Always alterations. Business 101 deficient in my opinion and I'm not disgruntle at all. I was just culture shocked while employed there – more... few years. Needless to say I resigned. Sysco recently purchased them hopefully to disassemble them from existence. – less
Great culture
Sales (Current Employee), WisconsinFebruary 11, 2014
Excellent management, lots of fun to work there. Business is very fast paced and very demanding but also rewarding. It really helps to love food to work there. It would have been great if it hadn't been sold to a competitor.
I worked on route sales had no time for games.
Sales Territory Manager (Former Employee), Bismarck, NDFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: fun place to work.
Cons: not enough hours in the day.
I worked with a great bunch of people. Their was no turn over as to new hires so we were like family. Hardest part of the job for me was all the new technology coming so fast. The work days went by way to fast, never enough hours. I loved the people I called on every week. Management in Bismarck was awesome, they always had you're back.
Restaurant Consultation & Sales
Chef Consultation & Sales (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 28, 2014
Restaurant consultation and sales for restaurant & hospitality supply.
National Account Executive (Current Employee), Garland, TexasJanuary 23, 2014
This is a very innovative company with exciting products and culture.
Order selector. Mindless job.
Order Selector (Former Employee), Cranberry, PAJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: good pay for hard work. lunches and breaks due to union.
Cons: -20 degrees in freezer. hot in dry goods during the summer.
As an order selector you drive an electric jack around and put cases on a pallet. Back breaking work after shooting for the companies 120 case per hour standard in a big warehouse while sometimes working 14 hour days. I was paid well there though considering the level of difficulty is zero. Good earnings for somebody with no education or has no intentions – more... of college. Extreme hard work may land you in a management role someday. Can't fault the company for lay offs trying to turn a profit. They ended up closing the division I worked for. I was angered by the fact that when they would lay us off they'd have us drive to work and tell us not to punch in instead of having the decency to call us or tell us at the end of our shift the night before. The freezer was -20 degrees so the job wasn't for everyone and if you where new you'd be in there at least 3 years. – less

1 2 3 4 5