US Foods

US Foods Employer Reviews

SLAVE DRIVERS
NIGHT SELECTOR (Current Employee), Greensburg PaDecember 5, 2014
Pros: vacation
Cons: everything else
Low pay, long hours, out dated equipment and very disorganized.
good job
Territory Manger (Current Employee), reno, nvNovember 25, 2014
good place to work,have learned a lot about the food service
friendly enviroment
Overnight Picker (Current Employee), Topeka, KSNovember 24, 2014
Team oriented work place. drive epj around to designated locations and pick up product.
Great place
Finance/purchasing management (Former Employee), Salem, VANovember 19, 2014
Top leaders and team support structure. Lots of opportunity.
Working at US Foods
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee), Fife, WANovember 19, 2014
I have been working for US Foods for almost 6 months now and I have learned a great deal. As a sales coordinator I work closely with territory managers out in the field as well as their customers. I conduct most administrative work that cannot always be done while visiting with street accounts. I also use multiple computer programs to research different – more... products including placing special orders. Working for a large corporation has had it's ups and downs but I enjoy learning more everyday. The hardest part of my job is trying to keep everyone happy. And the most enjoyable has to be the food shows and large division meetings in which we get to taste exclusive US Foods products. – less
US Foods
Buyer (Current Employee), La Mirada, CANovember 17, 2014
Great place to work. The people I have had the pleasure of working with are amazing. The hiring managers do a wonderful job of creating a positive atmosphere of hardworking people that fit the US Foods culture.
us foods
trailer mechanic (Current Employee), Fort Mill, SCNovember 16, 2014
Pros: get feed sometimes as a good job that 1/4
Cons: don't give raises as they promises, 45 miles one way
been there 3yrs and was told get top pay in 6 months havent gotten yet
work 3 to 12 midnight
i learned cant trust what management said
coworker are easy to get along with
tring to get pm's done when i have to pickup drivers that run out of hours
go and pick-up broken trucks with the wrecker at our drop yards
its a nice place to work just management – more... lied to me – less
Great company with great benefits.
Territory Sales Rep (Current Employee), Greenville, SCNovember 14, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: 6 day work week
A typical day for a territory manager is anything but typical! Most days start with your sales plan, but that can rapidly change. Being the main contact between company and customer, you are responsible for managing the relationship. I have learned to be a great problem solver. The most fulfilling aspect of the job is solving problems for my customers. – more... It could be anything from out of stocks, or late trucks to helping customers find ways to reduce food or operational cost. This is a fast paced, very competitive career.
It is a must to be able to build great relationships with customers. – less
Productive and great company
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Allentown, PANovember 14, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: alot of driving
Great Company and Training program
Flexibility with time
Alot of driving
Worst incentive,management,order timing and misspick,short tracking i have ever seen.
night selector (Current Employee), Ogden, UTNovember 9, 2014
Pros: friends you may make.
Cons: incentive, tracking systems, managment, order timing, atmosphere
I have been with Us foods for over 5 years, the pay, the way they treat there employees the benefits the people and the warehouse in general where the best I had ever seen or worked for... In the beginning. In the last year or two things cant get worse, the management and HR department are terrible , the new incentive is a joke, for exempt if you select – more... orders at 100% you make the top out wage I worked two years for, if you select at a 95% or lower you take a 6 DOLLAR pay cut for a month, if you select at a 130% you only gain 3 dollars, the tracking system for a miss pick or short on a order is a joke, they have no way of showing you where the mistake was made and what it comes down to is what the delivery driver says goes, the order timing is terrible, they went from a 2 pallet jack, to a 3 pallet jack so order size has doubled in most cases and the selection time was reduced. the atmosphere and moral is terrible and you could have a better time and be happier at a funeral . the only good thing I will take from this job is the friends I have made. in my opinion 75% of the selection crew is just trying to hold on to there jobs till the merger of company's is complete in hopes that things there will get better. – less
my work day
Operations Clerk/Will Call Clerk (Current Employee), Severn, MDNovember 6, 2014
Pros: serving customers
Cons: poor communication
i worked nites. my hours were 7pm to whenever the warehouse was done. i love all my co-workers got along with them. The hardest part of the job is there is poor communication. The most enjoyable part about my job is knowing I always get things done in a timely fashion so our customers are happy
fun place fast pace but decent breaks with free food
Order Selector (Former Employee), Kansas City, MONovember 6, 2014
Pros: made big money
Cons: not much job security
best job ever, fast selecting big orders learned speed and accuracy very helpful coworkers hated the 12s but love the equipment and check
good peer group - they make it fun
Office Employee (Current Employee), Wixom, MINovember 5, 2014
I'd give 4 stars, but the system won't let me.

Co-workers are fun, great boss.
Great learning environment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALNovember 3, 2014
I was responsible for many different task that involved working with restaurant managers on their orders. I also assisted with training. There were different codes I had to learn.
Work hard for great pay
Warehouse Selector (Former Employee), Topeka, KSOctober 30, 2014
Pros: great management team that rewarded the warehouse as a whole, kept morale as high as they could.
Cons: long hours, 3rd shift
Fast paced physically demanding work environment. Pays well and management does what they can to reduce the stress of the job.
non-productive and less than comfortable work environment
Replenishment Buyer (Former Employee), Coralville, IAOctober 29, 2014
Pros: some soft benefits for time off with very little notice, daily emergencies
Cons: too many conflicts with management, staff, and personal agendas by department not meeting company goals
- excess work load, little recognition, weak systems
- how to manage multitasking in a corporate environment, and developing work skills in order to cope with a new company
- management somewhat suspect in that there was conflicting training, and some people in positions that did not know our jobs and failed to manage people properly or fairly
- co-workers – more... were awesome and were mostly previous Hawkeye Food Service employees
- meeting unrealistic guidelines and metrics setup and once guidelines were met, no recognition for job well done.
- increasing my contact base and meeting other buyers from around the country who were helpful with our tough questions – less
Mis-managed, poor equipment, a lot of damaged product.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Seattle, WashingtonOctober 29, 2014
Pros: it's a good place to collect a pay check. that's it.
Cons: broken equipment, incompetent management, merging with sysco, no job is safe.
Management doesn't have a clue on what to do on a daily basis. Routes are constantly running behind. Our trailers are filthy inside, I don't think they ever get washed out. Some product looks like it's been drug down the street by the way the cases look. Don't count on home time because management and all their mistakes will have you working all day – more... and night even on your day off. This is absolutely the worst company I've ever worked for.
THE MERGE WITH SYSCO HAS NO GUARANTEES FOR JOB STABILITY. – less
Innovative Company
National Sales Sr Business Development Rep (Current Employee), Rosemont, ILOctober 27, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: healthcare out of pocket costs
Most of my career has been with US Foods. It is a great company with excellent employees and management. I love my current position because of the job variety.
This is a great place to work. upper mgt is very open and respectful. They employ only the best talent.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Cleveland ohioOctober 20, 2014
I rate this company 5 stars. I have been there for over 10 yrs now.

They treat there employees like people and give them all full respect. you are very well compensated for the work that you do.
Replenishment Expeditor
Replenishment Expeditor (Current Employee), Rosemont, ILOctober 20, 2014
• Responsible for ensuring product availability through the timely delivery of inbound transportation loads to multiple warehouse locations to maintain a 99.5% or higher service level to our customers.

1 2 3 4 5