US Foods Employee Reviews

Found 1,309 reviews matching the search
Great workplace
Picker (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 22, 2017
This is a great job it just conflicted with my kids schedule for me picking them up and finding a baby sitter at night time. I am looking for something in the day so I can be able to pick them up and do homework and other activities
Hopefully after their restructure, US Foods will be a great place to work.
Buyer II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 22, 2017
US Foods will likely be a good place to work in a few years when they work the kinks out of their restructure. Company went public and is re-vamping every aspect of their organization. Their goal is to be like Amazon. Which would be very hard to do with food distribution.
They have some very good cultural beliefs, too bad most of management does not follow them.
Pros
Great benefits, good people to work with.
Cons
Inexperienced Management
Fast Pace
Driver (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 21, 2017
Very Competitive. You have to be able to give up everything to be able to advance in this company. Long hours LONG LONG LONG hours everyday. Be prepared to work hard
Production was easy to learn. I worked with a great crew
Order Selector/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GASeptember 20, 2017
An average day at work was routine. I was proficient in my job duties. I help trained new hire on how to pull orders, read pick sheets, and stack pallets with pulled orders.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor supervision
Productive but not fun or comfortable
Pallet Yard Supervisor/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 19, 2017
Management at US Foods was just like the management at IMV Nevada. General manager and his shift foremen all have the same attitude. They reactive not proactive. They would yell at employees, instigate problems and point fingers.
Good Employees Good Managers
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Corona, CASeptember 18, 2017
US foods is a great place to work. They pay a good salary and have other employee incentives. Also include a safe work environment for all employees. Also include incentives for accuracy and quality.
Pros
employee incentives are good
Cons
work hours, physical work
Not enough hours in the day
Driver (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CO 80111September 17, 2017
Too many stops for new drivers, schedule is horrible for new drivers. 14+ hours per day is too many for anyone. Need to add more trucks and routes. Pay is good.
Turn and Burn
BUYER (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 16, 2017
Very stressful experience, although I did learn a lot. Got laid off after only 9 months there, the company was not very well run and I think they reorganized several times.
Pros
it was a job, resume builder
Cons
long hours, stressful, low pay
Fast Paced, Hard work, Stressful Management
Night Warehouse Select Selector (Current Employee) –  Fife, WASeptember 15, 2017
I enjoyed my job, when they let me work. It was my very first job as a union worker. The environment and the culture of the job was very new and unexpected. I was held to a lot of contract and as well as holding the supervisors to contract. Protecting yourself and keeping your job. I spoke to an ex-supervisor, management was held to a quota of write ups. I had a total of 4 different management teams, until my injury. I learned that it wasn't a physical job but also a mentally stressful job. High demand of work hours. At times worked more than had time off. When work loads were high.
My most enjoyable part of the job was my coworkers. It was a fast paced job and hard work. But, the coworkers was your team and all you really had to rely on. We technically saw each other more than our family members.
Pros
Discounted food and products good medical.
Cons
Long hours, high demand for working at a fast pace with heavy lifting.
Why?
Replenishment Assistant (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 14, 2017
Why do I have to review my current job. I am not happy and that's it. Too many changes of jobs and no one knows what to do. Horrible place to work and horrible benefits.
Working at US FOOD is a pleasure
Accounting Clerk I (Current Employee) –  Fairburn, GASeptember 13, 2017
Working at US Foods was a Challenge at first. As I got settled, I realized that they were very relaxed. I are not micromanaged like other jobs, They are very fair and if you get fired, you called it on yourself. Most people that leave always want to come back.
Pros
Good Manager, Learnt a lot
Cons
Small Departments in My division
order selector
Order selector (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, NJ 08014September 13, 2017
worked long hours selecting orders onto pallet jacks or cherry pickers in freezer or cooler enviroment....good pay but long hard hours hard on your body
Great start
OWNER/AGENT (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 13, 2017
mangement lost its own vision and what was most important.
Lost focus of the customer and the staff.
Union worked against the company itself.
No support.
Do more with less
Credit (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaSeptember 12, 2017
Pay is good, stress is incredibly high. Technology is terrible, if you want to work here I hope you used a computer in the 1970s.

Lots and lots of blurred lines.
Work Culture
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 12, 2017
The culture at US Foods, was unsafe. The equipment forklifts, powered pallet jacks and cherry picker were beyond warranty and obsolete. By no fault of the managers, they needed more training on being a leader. The hardest part of the was getting support to address and fix the safety concerns I saw. The most enjoyable part of the job was the location.
Pros
location
Cons
unsafe equipment
Inventory Control Clerk (Current Employee) –  Corona, CASeptember 11, 2017
Good place to work good benefits, face place with a great overall culture. Everyone help each other, all department are connected. Pay is very good as well.
Pros
Cons
Freezer, few holidays off
Fast pace and low pay
Order selector (Current Employee) –  La mieada caSeptember 11, 2017
Well it a good company but there very strict on the time on the orders they don't wanna fix the time so it a good company but u have to work threw it breaks and lunch so u could hit the percentage
Pros
Cons
Short breaks
US Foods
Healthcare Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 10, 2017
Giving credit where credit is due had I not had the experience of working at US Foods I would have never been able to land my current role as a manufacturer's rep. US Foods evolved into a very unhappy culture as they transitioned to where they are at today. I don't need to say as the industry knows that it is a very unhealthy place to work. I appreciated the management and their style but their hands were tied from corporate directives.
Pros
Was a great stepping stone of experience
Cons
Stressful lifestyle
great company
presentations for sales (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PASeptember 8, 2017
I went through a divorce while working at US Foodservice and was going through a difficult time in my life. I made a bad decision to leave there. I am remarried now to a wonderful woman and would like to secure a more steady paycheck.
Pros
Salesman of the year twice in 5 years
Cons
bad timing
Great Place To Work
Credit Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Flowood, MSSeptember 7, 2017
Great place to work. Very inclusive culture. Management is very friendly, flexible, and involved. They don't make you feel like an insignificant part in a large machine.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes, flexible with schedule, take lunch when you want.
Cons
May have to work on a holiday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at US Foods. Our community is ready to answer.