US Foods

US Foods Employee Reviews

excessive work with little compensation
Territory Manager (Former Employee), atlanta, gaJune 1, 2015
typical day of work begins at 5am ending about 8pm. I learned tobe very organized and always keep records. management could have been more supportive. co-workers don't communicate unless its a self inflicted outside of work. the hardest part of the job was those ridiculous unneccesary early morning meetings
Challenging
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Rosemont, ILMay 31, 2015
Pros: pretty good pay/benefits
Cons: pay doesn't make up for environment
The merger makes USF a difficult place to work. The managers try to do what they can to retain the employees, but they're in the same boat!
Good pay but very hard work and very demanding hours
Night Selector (Former Employee), Topeka, KSMay 31, 2015
drove around a pallet jack to build pallets lifting boxes anywhere from 2 to 95 pounds for between 8 and 14 hrs at a time the management was ok but I asked for more training and was ignored several times some people there were very nice and helpful some unpleasant the job was very physically demanding and best part of the job was pay but the work and home life balance are hard to maintain with the schedule
Productive and great co workers
Overnight Order Selector (Current Employee), Plymouth, MNMay 25, 2015
Pros: Break times, good management
Cons: Hard on the body
I worked overnight, long hours of hard labor work. I learned what type of work ethic you need to succeed. The management was friendly and easy to learn from. Co-workers were also friendly and easy to work with. Hardest part was working fast enough during the long overnight hours. Most enjoyable part was working alongside great co-workers.
AMAZING OPPORTUNITY
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee), Vista, CAMay 18, 2015
I had the best experience at US Foods. The HR team was amazing and made me feel right at home. My manager Meredith was just the perfect mentor.
Would not refer my worst enemy
Driver (Current Employee), Garland, TXMay 17, 2015
They do not load trucks properly, which causes you to touch freight several times daily. Then they scold you for it. This company is ran like a joke. They lie about unions to keep them out. They cut your days and hours. Definitely not a place to retire if you want to walk the rest of your life.
Close knit group of people
Division Credit Manager (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLMay 14, 2015
The Lakeland Division is closing it's doors on 08.01.15 due to lack of customer base allowing our sister divisions, Pt Orange and Tampa to absorb the remaining customers we have.
Terrible Place to Work In My Opinion
Order Selector (Night) (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 9, 2015
Pros: The pay
Cons: Hours, equipment, disgruntled employees, poor training
There's a reason this job consistently pops up on job searches! I would strongly discourage anyone from working at the US Foods location here unless all you TRULY care about is the hourly pay and you are willing to work and bust your butt in conditions that DO NOT help you achieve pick rate. Equipment-TERRIBLE Pick/Check Number system-TERRIBLE. Expect to work most days around 12 hours almost every night. VERY unsafe working environment when I worked there I saw many employees get injured and it was all because of the race to hit your pick rate. That's how you know that the pick goal is unreasonable. The injuries play a factor into the long 12 hour nights. We would start at 6:30 pm and you knew you weren't getting out until 7:00 am the next morning most nights. If you think you can pick at a 100% for 12 hours then hey good for you! Add on the fact that some part timers would leave work early and you can imagine how long some nights were. Management was subpar overall rarely did I witness them helping out unless we were under the most extreme circumstances. Training is subpar so that puts you behind the ball before you even step on the floor. Overall team work amongst employees is a joke for the most part. There are a few that will help you out but most only look out for themselves and really don't care about anyone else. When i think about it though, the way the job is set up I don't blame them.
forward thinking company
Transportation Manager (Current Employee), Bismarck, NDMay 9, 2015
Pros: learning opportunities, leadership
Cons: 16+ hour days
Good leadership, company appreciates employees. Always busy work, but company values employees. Safety is priority with the company and the company cares about it's employees.
Wonderful place to work. Amazing company values and unity.
Contract Specialist (Current Employee), Tempe, AZMay 8, 2015
Loved working there. Great employees and management. Very unified and employee commitment was outstanding. The only reason I left was due to health issues.
Friendly working environment
Healthcare Coordinator (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLMay 7, 2015
Pros: Opendoor policy, friendly co-workers, hour lunch break
Cons: Directive from supervisor to not assist other departments or new staff members
Interacted with acute care and long term care facilities. Generated weekly sales report. Customized and updated facilities order guides. Assisted healthcare account managers. Generated reports for sales staff through proprietary software programs. Management was very supportive and willing to offer assistance as needed. I am still friends with many of my co-workers. Developed lasting friendships. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing what I was doing behind the scenes was simplifying the job duties for the facilities.
produtive
Order Selector (Current Employee), virginiaMay 4, 2015
The pay out is great but if you are a family person it can take away from that at times. nice place to work if you are between the ages of 18 and 26
Production base job
Meat cutter custom (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 27, 2015
Prepare custom meat cuts for company and customer quality standards. Provide technical training to customers service technicians for installation, operation, and maintenance of ROSS and MARELEC Machinery.
unorganized
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Lenexa, KSApril 22, 2015
Pros: compensation
Cons: unorganized
The workplace is not organized and the routing of the routes is always off. There is a lot of time wasted during routes.The supervisors are not working together to bridge the gap between employees.
Management does the opposite of what you can
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Decatur, ALApril 20, 2015
Pros: Great Pay, Job Security, Good co-workers
Cons: Management, Equipment, No family time
The work is not that hard. Just unloading groceries in a timed environment. Equipment is junk however. Out of 16 tractors on the yard, only one was less than 3 years old and it was the only one road worthy. During orientation, transportation preaches an entirely different way of operations than what actually happens on the yard. The ramp door on every trailer I used would not stay closed. The ramps require most of the wasted energy of the day. Hand trucks were junk. Every load I got would have turned over pallets. Product for one stop would always be in the wrong spot on pallet. Supervisor rode with me first 3 days and we got detoured off of the interstate due to a wreck and he made me work through my break to meet time schedule only to write me up my first day on my own due to clocking out for my break 4 minutes late. Upon receiving my first paycheck, they lied about what they were going to pay me during orientation and cut me entirely out of a day's pay. My first day after orientation, I rode with a gentleman(a really good dude) and I was driving the truck and when we hit a bump, the air horn stuck and would not stop blowing, which was really embarrassing and funny too. I lasted only 2 weeks here and it wasn't due to the work. I have worked for another grocery company before and they were gold compared to this place. If you like BS, this is the place for you!!
productive fun culture
Territory Manager (Current Employee), corona, ca.April 20, 2015
very team based. big on empowerment and higher education. good work life balance. great benefits. corona division is a great team to work with. paid training.
New and innovative
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Champaign, ILApril 20, 2015
Pros: New items coming into market
Cons: Pushing very hard on the technology that wasn't for all customers.
The company was changing the food industry by continously adding new food items to change the way restaurants sell their food. Technology was also a big push within the company and for the customer.
Deliver Driver (Current Employee), Topeka, KSApril 19, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: forced off if workload is not sufficient
This is a great job for physically fit person who doesn't mind getting up early. You have to check your load make sure safety requirements are met and have to be delivering good to customers in a timely and friendly manner.
Tough Learning Curve but gets easier overtime
TERRITORY MANAGER (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 1, 2015
Pros: You get to decide your daily activities, to a point
Cons: 6 days a week. Laptop is glued to you until order-cut off time
Foodservice is a very simple business.....get the right products to the customers. As simple as it sounds there is an enormous amount of activity going on behind the scenes to make it all happen. Over time you learn what to watch out for but everyday is different and challenging. No matter how "good" you are you will always feel there is something else that needs to be done. The key is to work with a good team because it truly is a team effort.
Not Doing the Job I Was Hired For
Food Safety Quality Assurance Supervisor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Good hourly workers. Very hard working.
Cons: Poor senior management.
I was brought in 5 weeks before a major audit was to take place. The company was going through a merger and there had not been a QA Supervisor there for 5 months. It would have been hard enough to perform the job I had to do within the time allotted, but when I was tasked to bring the QA program up to snuff, find missing documentation (if it existed at all), create programs that should have already been in place AND spend 60% of my day away from doing this to perform tasks in a job I was NOT hired for (Production Supervisor), that made the position untenable for me.

1 2 3 4 5