US Foods Employee Reviews in United States

Routing
Routing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Buda, TXAugust 23, 2016
Challenging and gratifying. Lots of giving for training new areas and must travel more than I wanted. not so understanding managers to new staff,
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
tough hours
Promotes within
Director of Transportation (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 14, 2016
Started in 2000 as a order selector and have been promoted thru out the operations department. From warehouse supervisor to director of transportation.
ok
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTAugust 11, 2016
its just an ok place to work. the VP there is a control freak. he runs the company and is a very unethical person and needs help
unstable
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GAAugust 10, 2016
I worked in Sales. Had to deal with the IT department on many occasions. HORRIBLE!!!
The training was awful. One guy in particular was Alberto Uribe . awful and a complete disaster. Had no clue how to do his job. Atrocious documentation and record keeping for new personnel. Company itself is great. But IT department is horrible and needs to be overhauled.
Pros
free food
Cons
IT Department (ALBERTO URIBE)
Great Team in Charlotte Division
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 8, 2016
I love working for US Foods. The management team has helped develop my skills, and allowed me to grow in a healthy work environment. I thoroughly enjoy working with the team in my division. I highly recommend US Foods Charlotte as a place of employment.
Ok to work there
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 6, 2016
I worked at US Foods

Pros

Great teamwork but you are still allowed to operate the Distribution Centre as you and your management team see it as necessary to meet and even exceed the customer expectation.
You feel as part of an International Team and your suggestions are considered valuable.

Cons

As an organization, we lost quite a few businesses and thus as a new manager, I lost my position even though my Centre as doing very well.

Advice to Management

This a solid organization with strong support system. I feel that a site manager should be fully responsibly for their centre and should not be bail out if their account is lost to another company. Much more another manager should not lose their position because of other centres failure.
Closings and Layoffs were always looming
gh pSenior Sales and Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 6, 2016
Poor Business Model from Corporate.
Constant pressure to grow business and little regard for employees.
No reimbursements for expenses and 100% commissions as compensation for long hours of work with little regard for balance of work and family life.
Pros
Co Workers
Cons
Stressful conditions with high pressure
Toxic workplace
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAAugust 3, 2016
Extremely poor regional management more worried about placement of blame than problem solving.
Slow to respond to requests for help and poor product knowledge.
Good coworkers
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 2, 2016
Typical work day is 2 am to when you get done
Management can be hard to get a hold of.
Typically only work Monday thru Friday
Hard to get promoted
Busy fast paced environment
Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Seabrook, NHAugust 1, 2016
US Foods has been a great company to work for many years. I worked with some very talented and hard working peers.
Recent cost reductions since company has gone public could impact the business negatively.
Pros
Great industry to work at with talented coworkers
Cons
Company is cutting too many jobs, quality of support structure will be effected.
good benefits
Accounting Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, ncAugust 1, 2016
good benefits, changes in company led to my position being moved to another location after 10 years

Management could be involved more with the day to day issues and involve themselves more with their employees.
Pay Great Horrible Schedule AVOID THIS JOB
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 26, 2016
Job is great but the schedule will ruin relationships and you will lose almost all family time. You will make a lot of money but in the end it is not worth it.
Pros
Pay, Coworkers
Cons
Schedule
Good if you don't value home life
Driver (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 24, 2016
The pay is good but you work very hard unloading a truck and delivering product upstairs/ downstairs, on your feet most of the day!! Management is terrible anymore, never was like that.. Not a bad place it's just heading in a direction that is driven by corporate greed and don't listen to the people that actually do the job
Pros
Pay
Cons
Benefits suck anymore, long and hard days
US Foods Company Review
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  USAJuly 19, 2016
US Foods is a great company. Benefits and vacation are far and competitive. Managers are great at some divisions and not so great at other divisions. Really depends on honesty and integrity. Either you decide to do the right thing or you decide to do an unethical thing.
Pros
Good food when CHEFS cook. Great technology for Sales team.
Cons
Lack of consistent communication.
sales reps exciting but they are not loyal to the reps
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 18, 2016
While a great company been through many buyouts and still in the process of being bought to be sold again for profits for that reason it is not the stable company it once was. Your employment is in jeopardy with each new buyout.
Pros
districts smaller and everyday people
Cons
not a place to retire from
Embrace change. It's the best way to get better.
Director of National/Multi Units Sales (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXJuly 13, 2016
I was employed by US Foods/US Foodservice for 16 years. I began as a District Sales Manager. Through their direction and development I was promoted twice.
The company has gone through some incredible changes. New opportunities to grow and improve knowledge have been numerous.
I would recommend US Foods Inc. as a desirable employment location.
Pros
Reward for performance.
Cons
Employment requirements.
Great Workplace
Sanitation Technician (Current Employee) –  Fairburn, GAJuly 13, 2016
Great place to work. Great benefits if hired Full time. You work hard for the money you make. Advancement possible in company.
Pros
Pay
Cons
NONE
Need for speed gone too far!!!
Selector (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 13, 2016
All pay rates on the the incentive scale used to be obtainable. This was from 100 percent to 125 in 5 percent increments. One recent year our raise was shifted and distributed throughout the incentive scales which then ranged from 101 to 146 percent. Our initial argument was that these rates couldn't be reached in each department for the week so it was like we didn't get a raise. However, some very enduring workers, including myself were able to reach this numbers for a week's average.

Since then, goal time has been taken from the orders rendering the initial argument indeed, true. The highest selector in the freezer department can rarely maintain 120 percent for a full night; and that's if he works through lunch and breaks. We are at about 300 cases per hour minimum requirement. I think that if a person is working like this that it is actually around their maximum.

I really think that there should be a second opinion on what their engineers have decided with our goal time. This is the only warehouse where I see the freezer make less money than any other department!

To further this, management has this buddy system going on where some people get all of the benefits while others do most of the hard labor. This includes the hand full of people how have consistently low or perfect error rates while themselves and coworkers witness them make errors. (IF) any of these errors were to make it to their error report, they could easily talk to their friend (manager) and have them removed.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Dishonest job system (including error rate process)
Large employer
Region Non-Foods Specialist (Former Employee) –  VariousJuly 11, 2016
Employs large number of employees. Easy to get job with specific experience. Great starter positions available. More positions in IL .
No job security
Marketing (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 8, 2016
I worked here for three years and enjoyed learning about food. The fast-paced environment was exciting. However the workloads are very heavy and require lots of extra hours of work at home each week, lots of travel and constant high-pressure situations. The company is going public and eliminating thousands of jobs, thus I became a casualty of this "reorganization." Money is really all that matters to US Foods. You are not important at this company and will likely be laid off when they decide to cut more expenses. Wouldn't recommend this place.
Pros
Exciting, decent pay
Cons
No job security, extremely heavy workload until you get laid off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at US Foods. Our community is ready to answer.