US Foods Employee Reviews

Great Company
Contract Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZ 85284September 27, 2016
The co-workers quickly become your family. Relying on team members to analyze contracts and clientele's needs, there is always a helping hand. Short travel opportunities for those that work hard and willing to travel for a week. Company often has festivities and truly believe in work/life balance, but depending on field you cover may need to meet time sensitive deadlines even if it means overtime. The company is willing to give overtime as long as you have a project you're working on. Great growth rate with potential advancement opportunities.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, No weekends
Cons
Learning curve happens on the floor, not the training program
Fast Pace Food Distribution
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Metro New YorkSeptember 24, 2016
A typical day: Is a fast pace atmosphere, where everyone works well with one another, we all have the same goal, putting customer's first.

What you learn: Product knowledge and receive lots of group training on various programs.
Pros
Public Owned Company
Credit Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 23, 2016
I am not interested in reviewing this employer. No thank you. You can't handle the truth about this employer. They do not pay well or recognize valued employees.
Pros
no thank you
Cons
no thank you
I loved the work and my coworkers. I left because I felt the work environment was too unsafe.
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Salem, MOSeptember 20, 2016
The job consisted of driving through a warehouse on a triple pallet jack and stacking specific orders on each pallet within a limited amount of time. I learned how to stack orders of product fast and properly, which is harder than it sounds because the product had to stay on it's pallet until the entire order was completed. Every order is between 180 and 350 cases, so each pallet could stack up to 10 feet tall by the end of each order. I learned how to safely drive a pallet jack and manage my time efficiently to make my quota each night.

My coworkers may not all have been upstanding professionals, but each are hardworking individuals and all of them helped me when I asked for assistance. The hardest part of the job was adjusting to the late hours. Each shift would start at 5PM and usually end between 4 and 4:30AM. The most enjoyable part of the job was constantly being on the go. I was never bored and I always enjoyed the company of my coworkers as well. I loved the job, but accidents often occured in the warehouse. I decided to put in my notice when I was nearly crushed by a pallet full of product that fell from one of the top racks.
Pros
Plenty of exercise on the job, Full benefits, Plenty of overtime, Dependable coworkers
Cons
Unsafe work environment, Intensive labor and time management, HIgh demand
If you like working in a police state go ahead
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 20, 2016
the job of shuttle driver is easy, but being watched by camera's all the time, I.E. if you are on camera taking a sip of water while driving a truck you will be written up, work very unpredictable hours, lack of communication from managers and really no training, kinda do it own your own, pay is ok, but it is not worth the what you have to put up with, there are many more jobs that pay better and are more worker friendly and have stable hours
Pros
may get perks sometimes
Cons
no communication, buddy system, hours not stable
Good work area
Pallet Jack Operator (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXSeptember 19, 2016
Hard working always on time efficient with my work skills determined to get the job done and do everything by the book and with caution of nessacary...
Horrible place to work
Inside Sales Representative/Contract coordinator (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXSeptember 19, 2016
Management does not care about employees. Company organization is extremely inefficient. Office employees are dispensable. Treatment of employees is terrible.
Pros
Cons
Management, the whole company
good company to work for
IT Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Zebulon, NCSeptember 19, 2016
Had no problem with end users or management, position was just taken away due to downsizing but my five years there where good no complaints and wish my position was not downsized.
Pros
good people including management
Management Lacking Skills
National Accounts Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CASeptember 18, 2016
Management lacking skills needed to build and maintain a strong team and work atmosphere. My co-workers worked well together but due to management we were never given the credit deserved nor encouraged to grow within the company.
Overall not worth it.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTSeptember 17, 2016
The pay is good but not even worth what they put you through. Will take a dedicated, hard, honest, happy worker and put them through he$& and turn them miserable. Your body will be put through he$&, working long hours, coming home exhausted not even able to focus on your family by the time you're home. Things like telling you that you're vacation was approved then 3 days before you leave telling you nevermind. Warehouse needs to get there stuff together, routing is horrible. Theyll tell you to go in for your shift at 3 am and not even leave the plant till 6:30 due to warehouse being so slow then the bosses yell at you that you're behind when THEY got you out of the plant 3 and a half hours late. Happened atleast twice a week. Upper management could not care any less. If you need to talk to them it takes forever and they don't take care of it, they dont care about a single employee it's just about money to them. They don't hesitate to fire anyone, not even a write up just fired. Got out of the truck to figure out which door the owner of a restaurant wanted me to deliver to, got back in backed the truck up (all while in a parking lot) to that door. 3 months later was called in to the officed and fired for not putting seat belt back on just to back up 150 feet. Had NO idea just left cut and dry with no warning, two weeks before my baby was due. All around the job isn't worth putting yourself or your family through.
Pros
Pay. Insurance is pretty good.
Cons
Pay should be more for what you're put through.
Good Place to Work
Account Executive/Sales (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CASeptember 16, 2016
Good environment to work in with good culture and employees. The company empowered it's employees to encourage new ideas and innovations. Started as territory manager and then was promoted to Account Executive for National Accounts.
Cultural Beliefs
Category Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairburn, GASeptember 15, 2016
This company actually lives by their core beliefs, which is a positive change from previous companies I've worked for.
Typical day
Division Chef, Division Trainer (Current Employee) –  Wixom, MISeptember 15, 2016
I trained and coached the sales team on selling new and old products using unique selling techniques to improve sales and goals.
Productive and great place to Work
Buyer II (Current Employee) –  La Mirada, CASeptember 13, 2016
Working for US. Foods has been such an incredible experience. Not only is this such a great the people staffed here are truly incredible which makes the culture that much more amazing to work in.
Great Company with great pay
Corporate Credit Coordinator/ Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILSeptember 9, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was the analyst role which included, setting credit limits, performing background checks and establishing terms based on credit worthiness.
Pros
Excellent work environment.
Cons
Required on call hours five times a year.
production
Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 8, 2016
great company to work for great benefits.i learned how to operate all warehouse equipment while working for us foods.we'd start@6:30pm-until finished and after the work was over most guys would go the breakfast together.the fast pace environment got stressful at times,but you found a way to adjust to that.i really wanted to retire from USFood,it was a great company to work for.I hope the next company i work for is jus as equal
Pros
pay and the benefits
Cons
management
Good company to work for depending upon the division
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VASeptember 7, 2016
Easy job, not rocket science. Management does not work with you. They will not adapt to current situations, would rather do what worked 20 years ago. Do your research before going here. It is a physically demanding job, keeps you in shape. Hardest part of the job is dealing with upper management who reject to change.
Pros
Weekends off, affordable benefits
Cons
Poor management, poor routing, poor planning all around
The company pays well.
Selector (Former Employee) –  Guthrie, OKSeptember 6, 2016
The company will pay you very well for hard work. The job is very physical and tough on your body. The benefits offered and high quality.
Depends on the location
Delivery Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 3, 2016
I worked for US Foods as a driver for almost 4 years. I started in Omaha, Ne and later transferred to Tampa, Fl. Omaha was a great location to work for. Management was organized and helpful. There was a strong team environment, as well as a driver's union. Then I transferred to Tampa, and got to see another side of the company. Horrible management, poor routing, no union which meant that management could play favorites and only assign the good routes and days off to their favorite employees. Pay was not the same either. It didn't measure up to the cost of living. Be careful which branch you work for, and make sure you are in a union.
Pros
Good if there is a union
Cons
Long hours, no life outside work, always on call even on days off, poor management
District Sales Manager was not competent
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTSeptember 1, 2016
I really loved their technology platform, they had great benefits but the Utah area seems to be an old boys club... All in all I think it would be a great company to work if you had the right supervisor.
Pros
Freedom and benefits
Cons
management team