US Foods

US Foods Employer Reviews

A great diverse working environment. It is unfortunate that it was acquired, which will likely lead to change.
Legal Intern (Former Employee), Rosemont, ILAugust 20, 2014
A diverse working environment with management dedicated to the success of each individual if they demonstrate hard work and involvement.
Good company to work for
Customer Service (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMAugust 13, 2014
Pros: time off, benefits, pay
Cons: shift hours
A typical days starts with sorting emails and processing any sample requests that may have come through over night. My next priority is to complete any reports that are due that day. Throughout the day I am taking phone calls, emails, and instant messages from my sales representatives and fellow co-workers. Assisting with adding items to orders, placing – more... and cancelling orders, looking up product information and receiving dates, and setting up special order request. I have learned to manage my time and complete my tasks for the day by having small requests pop up throughout the day. The management here is amazing. They allow me the time I need for appointments and my children's school functions. My co-workers are easy going and we all get along well. The hardest part of my job is having to tell a customer that a product was not received in time, when they were relying on it to be in on time for function they were having. The most enjoyable part of my job is that it does not feel like work. I am constantly smiling and if I have any type of questions, I can turn to anyone in the building and they would all be happy to help out as much as they possibly could. – less
Productive & exciting workplace
Replenishment Expediter (Current Employee), Rosemont, ILAugust 11, 2014
Management is flexible and actually care about emplyee's. Extremely upfront and honest
The pay was good and they did have alot of over time
Pallet Wrapper, and pile jack operator (Former Employee), 950 S Shiloh Rd Garland TxAugust 7, 2014
The work was hard for time to time but as long as you can work fast and productive you should be fine and just be able to stay up late
Great Location
Payroll Analyst (Current Employee), Tempe, AZAugust 6, 2014
Company could be better if they listened to the employees to better the procedures.
Good place to work if you want to stay in shape
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXAugust 5, 2014
Pros: excellent pay & benefits
Cons: sold out to an inferior company
Great company. Just the right amount of miles & stops. Loved the flexibility & the respect they paid to seniority. I just wish it hadn't sold out to Sysco!
Super, super HIGH turn-over!! Super bad company!
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Fife, WAAugust 2, 2014
Pros: none!
Cons: none!
Work you like a slave! Back breaking slave work and you are required to work 14 and 16 hour days or you'll be fired! They treat you like dirt and you'll wish ever day that you would have never started working here. Save your back it's SUPER HARD work it's a young, young man's in your early 20's job. If you have any reason for getting hurt on the job – more... they will fire you! Do not work here. – less
all they care about is you moving cases, horrible company.
selector (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 29, 2014
Pros: absolutely nothing
Cons: no life at all
nothing good to say but the pay but technically is hard work so you deserve to be compensated.
Love helping my customers acheive there goals and to be profitable
TERRITORY MANAGER (Current Employee), Zebulon, NCJuly 22, 2014
Pros: able to work with customers everyday that i care about and everyday is a challenge
Cons: working on sundays
Manage and maintained over 80 accounts equaling over $3.7 million annually
Consult customers with menu ideas and food costs resulting in good customer relationships and increased sales
Sample customers new products that will help them become more profitable
Attends monthly training on market trends and branded products
Organize and oversaw the inventory – more... and ordering for the Asheville, Winston-Salem, and Raleigh State fairs, resulting in $336K in sales over a 2 month timeframe
Collects approximately $45K on a weekly bases for account receivables – less
Good company but they changed more than they coud handle.
Order Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Ogden, UTJuly 21, 2014
This company was a good company at first but they changed the incentive program so much to try to keep people there and it made the company morale go down a ton.
Unfortunately favoritism and mismanagement runs this place.
SELECTOR (Current Employee), Clifton Park, NYJuly 21, 2014
Pros: a lot of interesting characters
Cons: not a pleasant place to work if your not part of the "in crowd".
I know everyone says favoritism is a part of every workplace, but I've seen certain individuals "get away with murder" By this I mean costing the company tens of thousand of dollars in damages to equipment and others who seem to do as they please and cost the company just as much in stolen wages and wasted resources.

I've been here a lot of years and – more... with the Sysco merger looming its only getting worse. I don't regret taking this job almost a decade ago but I'm now at the point where I can't wait to get out.

This is coming from a very dedicated employee who genuinely still cares about the company as a whole. It all seems like its for nothing
when you see so much waste going on. It makes it worse when management knows about most of whats going on but does nothing. – less
unrealistic expectations
warehouse order caller (Current Employee), st louisJuly 20, 2014
Pros: i havent seen any yet
Cons: time limits that are unreasonable
I know everyone below says the pay is good, and maybe it is for Missouri , But it is mediocre at best comparing to the warehouses in Illinois and twice as much work.
They begin you on a percentage system, where you have to make 100% to even be hired on, and you have to keep 100% for a month, which is fine if the times weren't completely unreasonable, – more... I challenge ANY SUPERVISOR or the person who called for 100% to come do it on the short amount of times they give you per batch .
a lot of people skip breaks, ( that your body desperately needs) and shorten lunch breaks to try to gain extra time, but only to still come up short. big batches that are almost impossible to not spill if you dont take extra time to stack and wrap ( which will go against you in the end.This company works its people at a disgusting rate. – less
Good company
Manager (Current Employee), Rosemont, ILJuly 19, 2014
Good company overall. Good people but going through a tough time with merger. Often very regional structure makes national initiatives tough to implement.
Team oriented
Territory Managaer (Former Employee), Perth Amboy, NJJuly 16, 2014
Job is not for the faint at heart. A work hard play hard environment.
production
Selector (Former Employee), Wilson, NCJuly 10, 2014
a great place for growth if live in that area or close. great management.
like to work here
truck driver (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 9, 2014
Pros: like to work here
Cons: na
I like working here at us foods trying to find a job near home in sales or trucking
People are friendly... employees get discounts on restaurant quality food products
Load Planner (Former Employee), Rosemont, ILJuly 7, 2014
Pros: good benefits, discounts on food and food products
Cons: long work days, there are no or ever changing standing operating procedures
Most if not all people you work with are friendly and like family. Be prepared to work long days and make changes in job responsibilities at the drop of a hat.
Great Organization
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Rosemont, ILJuly 7, 2014
Very steady career, room for growth in certain divisions.Has an awesome benefit plan/work-life balance.
Great food people and a positive work environment.
Territory Manager (Current Employee), Fort Mill, SCJuly 1, 2014
Pros: continuing eduacation on the ever changing market.
Cons: poor work/family balance
The best in Food is not just a saying but a way of life in this company.
Fortune 500 Company
Transportation/Operations Administrator (Current Employee), West Chester, OHJune 17, 2014
Great place to work. Excellent management and operations. Decent wages for the work required and benefits.

1 2 3 4 5