US Foods Employee Reviews

Found 1,212 reviews matching the search
No time or energy left for life outside of work. Pay not worth it.
Selector (Current Employee) –  ogden, utJuly 21, 2017
You start at 4 pm and are done when you're done, usually around 3:30 am. So you never get to spend time with your family or have the energy to enjoy what little time you get.

40 hours at 100% ($20/hr) is 41,000/year gross. This means that you don't get paid enough to support your family without overtime.

The only way to see your kids over the weekend is to be a manager. Sunday is our least productive day, and only 2 mangers work that day. Our office worker also is off that day, so we lose another selector to do that work.

Long hours, low morale, and average pay. If you do decide to work here, save up your money and transfer to one of the higher paying warehouses. If you're willing to work these long hours, you should be at a warehouse that pays you what you're worth.
Pros
401k, benefits
Cons
everything else
Territory Manager job is great!
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJuly 20, 2017
I loved being able to meet with business managers and owners and help them with their food and supply needs. It was very challenging and satisfying to work with a wide range of people and operations.
Pros
Free to manage!
Cons
Cut-throat at times.
Stuck
worker (Current Employee) –  anywere, usaJuly 20, 2017
Feels like I'm stuck with no opportunities for advancement to better myself or my yearly less than cost of living increase pay raise. I have years experience and yet new employees are brought in at same rate of pay if not higher... Where is the motivation in that?
Grate Company overall
Supervisor, Night Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Vista, CAJuly 19, 2017
High volume workplace environment.
Grate place to work.
Grate place for growth.
Grate benefits and 401k.
Need to provide a better work/life balance.
Need to show a better work culture.
Benefits
Cons
Transparency
Stressfull
Sales Deployment Lead (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILJuly 19, 2017
Very stressful to work for. Many employees appear to be dissatisfied with the changes being made and are in fear of losing their positons. Nothing else to add
The company is good, lots of hours.
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 18, 2017
The day starts with fielding calls with delivery issues and continues into customer sales calls and meeting with customers.
I have learned time management, systems and customer relations.
The management is hard to reach at times and there is a lot of follow up needed when help is requested. The job is not hard but very invasive as you are on call 7 days a week and when you take time off you still need to field customer calls. The most enjoyable part of the position is the customers and realtinships you build.
Pros
Independence and relationships
Cons
Work 7 days a week
Fun place to work and learn an grow
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 18, 2017
I'm very thankful for the experienced with US Foods 13 1/2 years and I'm proud of the direction the company is heading into to. This company provides there staff with values and an excellent group of people to work with everyday we are always going to be family.
Pros
Our Customers and Staff
Cons
Redirection of the procurement department to corporate
U.S Foods is good place to work.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 17, 2017
Working at u.s foods takes a lot of hard work very hard work. It requires waking up early mornings and it also requires working late nights DOT rules are enforced.
terrible environment
Senior shipping clerk (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJuly 16, 2017
This is the least professional warehouse environment I have ever experienced. The management has absolutely no idea how to manage the staff, obstacles or peoples inefficiencies.
Pros
Competitive wages
Cons
NO LIFE! No leadership.
Great People
Buyer/Planner (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 13, 2017
Hated leaving but too many new ideas and when they tried to sell to SYSCO it was a mess. Boss at time was a mess and unfair. Other than that great people to work with
Pros
People
Cons
Sell to SYSCO
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILJuly 13, 2017
Generally speaking a very good place to work. Compensation leaves a bit to be desired, and depending on the job you're in, there is very little room to move up (or to another department)
Pros
Working hard on their culture
Cons
Not much ability to move up
very productive
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Pittston, PAJuly 12, 2017
Great job. Pay is ok . benefits are good. A lot of overtime available. Lenient with call off. Flexible with personal time. Friendly environment. Lenient on break time
Pros
lenient on breaks. lenient with call offs
Cons
no set hours
Do Not work there
Wrobo wrapper (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTJuly 11, 2017
There is no life/work balance. The night managers are very unprofessional. They don't keep anything confidential and they play favorites. Being a hard worker only gets you screwed over.
driving crew
Delivery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hurricane, WVJuly 10, 2017
Very laid back place of employment. A typical day consisted of getting to work, finding out our route for the day, than I would ride and assist the driver unload food once we arrived at our destinations.
Tough Job as Territory Manager.
TERRITORY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 10, 2017
Amazing company. Super competitive. Revolving door of upper management. Demanding, High pressure, Impractical LONG training compared to actual job. Don't get comfortable
Pros
Remarkable benifits
Cons
Everything changes always
great working environment
COP Specialist (Center of the Plate Specialist) (Current Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJJuly 9, 2017
great place to work great advancement opportunities Managers always willing to help and working environment is always nice friendly co workers makes it a pleasure to work with
Pros
great place to work
Very poor
Night Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Streator, ILJuly 9, 2017
If your wanting to get your job threatened and work your body to the breaking point then this is the place for you the management likes to play blame games and make sure they do the least amount of work as possible.
Pros
17/hr
Cons
Everything else
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Salem, VAJuly 8, 2017
Heavy lifting; not a place for someone who's "afraid" of hard work. Your day starts early and ends late. Supportive supervisor. Most difficult part of the job was managing "not so nice" customers; however having good customer service skills smooths that out quickly.
Great Job for high energy type of person
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  SavannahJuly 7, 2017
My last check was 1820 bucks for 49 hours in one week. Last year my tax return was 84k for the year. It's hard work but it if you have the ability to stay organized in the back of the truck and always try and stay 2 steps ahead the daily task go by quick. The benefits are awesome, my family is very well taken care of. My current manager is a great guy along with our 2 dispatchers. If you have no work ethic and you can't handle manual labor then go flip burgers and shut up. It's not a job for everyone, we literally deliver groceries out the back of a semi down a ramp and into restaurants with a hand truck . But it's well worth it compared to the pay.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Early mornings
Great company 5 years ago
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, VAJuly 7, 2017
Great company to work for before they went public. After that there were to many changes and not all for the best. Great benefit package as far as Health Insurance.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Not very good at helping people grow their potential

Ask a question about working or interviewing at US Foods. Our community is ready to answer.