US Foods Employee Reviews in United States

Pay Great Horrible Schedule AVOID THIS JOB
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 26, 2016
Job is great but the schedule will ruin relationships and you will lose almost all family time. You will make a lot of money but in the end it is not worth it.
Pros
Pay, Coworkers
Cons
Schedule
Good if you don't value home life
Driver (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 24, 2016
The pay is good but you work very hard unloading a truck and delivering product upstairs/ downstairs, on your feet most of the day!! Management is terrible anymore, never was like that.. Not a bad place it's just heading in a direction that is driven by corporate greed and don't listen to the people that actually do the job
Pros
Pay
Cons
Benefits suck anymore, long and hard days
US Foods Company Review
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  USAJuly 19, 2016
US Foods is a great company. Benefits and vacation are far and competitive. Managers are great at some divisions and not so great at other divisions. Really depends on honesty and integrity. Either you decide to do the right thing or you decide to do an unethical thing.
Pros
Good food when CHEFS cook. Great technology for Sales team.
Cons
Lack of consistent communication.
sales reps exciting but they are not loyal to the reps
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 18, 2016
While a great company been through many buyouts and still in the process of being bought to be sold again for profits for that reason it is not the stable company it once was. Your employment is in jeopardy with each new buyout.
Pros
districts smaller and everyday people
Cons
not a place to retire from
Embrace change. It's the best way to get better.
Director of National/Multi Units Sales (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXJuly 13, 2016
I was employed by US Foods/US Foodservice for 16 years. I began as a District Sales Manager. Through their direction and development I was promoted twice.
The company has gone through some incredible changes. New opportunities to grow and improve knowledge have been numerous.
I would recommend US Foods Inc. as a desirable employment location.
Pros
Reward for performance.
Cons
Employment requirements.
Great Workplace
Sanitation Technician (Current Employee) –  Fairburn, GAJuly 13, 2016
Great place to work. Great benefits if hired Full time. You work hard for the money you make. Advancement possible in company.
Pros
Pay
Cons
NONE
Need for speed gone too far!!!
Selector (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 13, 2016
All pay rates on the the incentive scale used to be obtainable. This was from 100 percent to 125 in 5 percent increments. One recent year our raise was shifted and distributed throughout the incentive scales which then ranged from 101 to 146 percent. Our initial argument was that these rates couldn't be reached in each department for the week so it was like we didn't get a raise. However, some very enduring workers, including myself were able to reach this numbers for a week's average.

Since then, goal time has been taken from the orders rendering the initial argument indeed, true. The highest selector in the freezer department can rarely maintain 120 percent for a full night; and that's if he works through lunch and breaks. We are at about 300 cases per hour minimum requirement. I think that if a person is working like this that it is actually around their maximum.

I really think that there should be a second opinion on what their engineers have decided with our goal time. This is the only warehouse where I see the freezer make less money than any other department!

To further this, management has this buddy system going on where some people get all of the benefits while others do most of the hard labor. This includes the hand full of people how have consistently low or perfect error rates while themselves and coworkers witness them make errors. (IF) any of these errors were to make it to their error report, they could easily talk to their friend (manager) and have them removed.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Dishonest job system (including error rate process)
Large employer
Region Non-Foods Specialist (Former Employee) –  VariousJuly 11, 2016
Employs large number of employees. Easy to get job with specific experience. Great starter positions available. More positions in IL .
No job security
Marketing (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 8, 2016
I worked here for three years and enjoyed learning about food. The fast-paced environment was exciting. However the workloads are very heavy and require lots of extra hours of work at home each week, lots of travel and constant high-pressure situations. The company is going public and eliminating thousands of jobs, thus I became a casualty of this "reorganization." Money is really all that matters to US Foods. You are not important at this company and will likely be laid off when they decide to cut more expenses. Wouldn't recommend this place.
Pros
Exciting, decent pay
Cons
No job security, extremely heavy workload until you get laid off
opportunity to learn, fast paced environment, job security
Sr Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Severn, MDJune 30, 2016
US Foods is a rapidly growing company with much potential. The management in the Operations Department is like a revolving door. The constant change in management causes disruption and a lack of accountability/structure. The team members are awesome and pull together to make it happen no matter what the work conditions are. I enjoyed the "family" like relaxed environment I was a part of.
Pros
Cell Phone Discounts, Stocks, flexibility, generous vacation/personal, vision and dental insurance are great time
Cons
treatment of employees is not always fair. Medical benefits could be much better. The rates, deductibles and out of pocket expenses are crazy for a company of this size.
fast paced position
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 27, 2016
Always something new and different to experience. Though some activities are the same daily, there is always something different about it to make you stay on your toes.
Operations Management
Warehouse Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSJune 22, 2016
Manage over 70 employees in the receiving, selection and shipping of $500,000,000/year worth of food services and product. I learned that building trust and respect drives employees to perform at a high level. The hardest part of the job is the long hours worked (12-15). The most enjoyable part is the relationship with each individual.
A day in the life
TRANSPORTATION MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Peabody, MAJune 21, 2016
I start work anytime between 4 and 8 in the morning depending on what is going on that day. The day can last from 10 to 15 hours Monday through Friday with an occasional Saturday. I like the work and the people I work with. I can say I have been extremely loyal to the company over many years and have enjoyed the fast pace work day helping customers and fellow workers.
Pros
I have been with the company for many years
Cons
Do not like the direction the company is heading
Picture caddy shack
Outside Staff (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAJune 15, 2016
Working with your friends as associates is never a bad thing. We stayed busy most days but the money was decent and work place environment was amazing.
fast pace but productive
Freezer Selector (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 15, 2016
show for work at 3 or 4 in evening depending on how many cases needed to be pulled that night... learned voice picking and having to work wearing a freezer suit.. worked with little supervision.. most of the management worked during the day... co workers were fun to work with and we all did a lot of team work.. hardest part was trying to pick products when your finger tips cracked from being in freezer.. the good part was the team work and fun we had working trough out our shift..
Pros
free turkey for thanksgiving
Cons
long exhausting late nights..
Looking to work for free? Get into management/supervision now!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Western RegionJune 15, 2016
I took the job for the money and opportunity. I worked literally 12-14 hour days watching the employees under me earn a better paycheck than me..then I got to take the fall for their mistakes. The company always looked for a scapgoat rather than figure out the real problem.

Sales basically runs the show. Looking to cut cost? Good luck. Looking to be more efficient? Never. Just shutup and do what you are told. Say no...or ask too many questions, then YOU are the problem.
Pros
Paychecks don't bounce
Cons
No work life balance, no life, asked to work weekends, six days, blamed for everything, no training
Dynamic Sales & Marketing Company
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 13, 2016
My company has lead the way for the past 5 years with offering our customers the required products & resources they need to remain competitive in a challenging market place. We educate and task our sales professionals with consulting with our customers to create partnerships matching value added resources to their specific challenges. The company works hard to continuously create the additional resources and advance our company initiatives to remain a leader in the food service industry. Our culture is one of accountability, honest evaluation and open communication to constantly grow making it easy for our customers to do business with us.
Pros
Great culture, healthcare benefits, sales rewards systems, technology
Cons
Keeping up with the work load can be challenging when balancing time with family.
Great Place to Work
Customer Solution Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 10, 2016
The work was very demanding and very productive. There was never a dull moment at this job it kept you more eager to learn and help to develop each of us. I enjoyed working with the Sales Team, Executive Staff and other department as well. The hardest part of this job was that I had to leave due to a relocation last year. I honestly can say I enjoy my years at US Foods working with a great group of people on all levels.
Pros
Test Kitchen Cuttings
Very Productive
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Zebulon, NCJune 8, 2016
My Co-workers,supervisors, and team leads were very helpful throughout the shift. I loved that it was also fast paced. I also loved that the company really cared about the product and it's customers satisfaction.
Pros
Lots of overtime
This place sucks don't believe management
Driver (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAJune 7, 2016
There load are always wrong, there is always problem there, this place is a joke the are always on strike here so remember you don't get pay wen you are on strike,the union only give you 200 for that week , my truck uses more gas to get the.
Not a good pace to be, I was promise a raise and 8 weeks wen by and I ask them every pay and they will tell you it will be on your next check but it never happen and you ask them again and they get mad and tell you it pending now so don't believe management they are lair there .
Cons
No sleep and management sucks there