US Foods Employee Reviews

Found 1,173 reviews matching the search
Fast paced and physical
Order selector (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 27, 2017
My position is a very physically demanding job. Its competitive production based pay. The pay is good, and they supply inhouse cooked meal from time to time.
Pros
discounted food sales
Cons
hours
Great place overall to work at
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GAJune 27, 2017
Pay great, friendly work place can get along with anybody management great and you can get great employee discount on food, they give you great benefits.
A good place to work but your personal life takes a beating
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 26, 2017
This is a good job if you are self motivated.

The culture here is geared toward helping sell.

I had many customers that I still consider friends.

The credit department doesn't seem too concerned of the customers actually get product.
Pros
The harder you work the more you make.
Cons
No car allowance, not much work/life balance
Fast pace
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 26, 2017
Good place to work sometimes could be stressful. Need to have better pay and also incentives for running over a hundred percent. Also get rid of the tagging the boxes.
overview
Transportation Specialist delivery (Current Employee) –  Port Orange, FLJune 24, 2017
fast paced great co-workers different challenge everyday able to be home every night good benefits able to express concerns about routes and customer needs
Pros
pay
Cons
slow summer schedule
Wonderful Place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJune 22, 2017
Enjoyable work environment, Clients are a please to work with. The company really takes care of their employees physically, mentally, and financially.
Pros
Free lunches, great benefits, great people
Cons
Weird organization with insecure management (most)
Stocker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 22, 2017
Everybody does everything so nobody is good or great at anything. Great example of mediocrity as the standard of operations. Understaffed constantly with high turnover. The clients were friendly but frustrated about out of stock items. This was do to poor scheduling, misguided priorities, and poor communication. Could be a great operation with a more modern approach to leadership and team building.
Pros
Paid holidays
Cons
Great place to work, small friendly atmosphere
NATIONAL ACCOUNT CHAIN MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PaJune 22, 2017
typical work day can be intense at times, you need to be able to work well under pressure and work in both a team environment as well as independently
Pros
workplace culture
Cons
Didn't value the person as much as they should
The most respected manufacturer/distributor in the industry
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAJune 22, 2017
The hardest part of the job: keeping pace with the sales growth
The most enjoyable part of the job: working in an environment where every team member was focused on delivering unparalleled customer service
Pros
Benefits, compensation, workplace culture
Cons
Multiple acquisitions
Okay if you dont mind being on call
Delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYJune 21, 2017
New drivers are put on call.....they only guarantee 30 hours a week
hard to make any plans not knowing if you are working until 7pm the night before or even the day of
Pros
great health care
Cons
physical labor
Loved this job
District Sales (Former Employee) –  Staunton, VAJune 20, 2017
Worked in the field and could work from home if need be! Great bunch of fellow employees! This was an exciting job and I was able to grow my knowledge of food from some of the areas greatest chefs!!
Pros
Free food
Cons
No cell phone assistence
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 20, 2017
I honestly cannot say anything good for this company my manager did everything to get me fired instead of helping me advance in the company for personal reasons.
Productive high paced job with fair pay for the amount of work you have to do
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJune 20, 2017
The job was good exercise daily
Great pay
Good benefits
great coworkers
You learn how to drive a triple pallet jack like a professional.
The management part of the job was probably my least favorite just because of how much it changed
management
Associate Category Manager (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILJune 18, 2017
work experience all depended on the manager whom you report to, unfortunately there are a few managers who did not know the first thing about managing people. They are good with their work but could not manage people. Some think small and are not true leaders.
Rewarding
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 16, 2017
Working in the food service distribution business is a challenging profession. Organizational skills, stress management, excellent communication skills, and the ability to compose definitive proposals. You must have the ability to overcome objections and tenacity to continue to persist and secure new accounts and new product lines in each existing accounts.
Pros
Rewards and Promotions
Cons
On Call 24/7
Constantly changing directions
Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILJune 14, 2017
There is no stable environment. Company management always changing something including company vision, working environments, resources. In 11 years IT department moved 5-6 times to different locations, Each team is using its own software, there is no standards. They want us to do the advanced development on outdated hardware, operation systems and software. Since went public company already layed off 10% of employees and another 10% force reduction will be in December 2017. Last menagement directive is to move everyone from cubicals to the plain tables, sit next to each other to save space and feet more people on the floor. There is no privacy any more.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
No privacy, confusion
Negative environment
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJune 14, 2017
Management staff is very negative towards associates. Managers believe all salary staff work 14+ hours regardless if your work is finished or not. Company does not train you, the follow a sink or swim mentality.
Pros
Cons
Eveything bad
Lack of communication with in company.
Shuttle Driver (Current Employee) –  Wixom, MIJune 13, 2017
The job itself is good. The lack of communication between workers and management does make it a challenge. Pay and benefits are good. There is ample time off between scheduled days off, vacation and personal days.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
Lack of communication and accountability.
Typical Workday
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 11, 2017
A typical work day includes unloading trailer and dealing with customers. I learn that you treat customers the way you want to be treated. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interacting with the customers.
Pros
free food
Cons
heavy lifting
Busy is the Word
Area Sales Analyst (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAJune 10, 2017
A typical day for me is providing exemplary service to my team. Manage the customer incentives and contracts from beginning to completion. Ensure pricing is set in a timely manner so little disturbance to our customers. Keeping the team aware of the status of their requests and expected completion.

Our culture is pleasant, we have mutual respect for our coworkers and daily strive to do our best. Each keeping our eye on the Company/Division goal to be the best in the industry.

At this time, the most frustrating part of the job is keeping up with all the changes we as a Corporation are going through. And the most enjoyable part is knowing that I made a difference. That through my hard work and dedication I am able to assist our Sales team in providing the best service possible that our customers can experience.

What I've learned is that hard work does pay off. Through perseverance I have learned difficult tasks and excelled at them. Also learned that I enjoy training and teaching others how to use Excel and other various programs. That I really enjoy working in Microsoft Excel, creating Pivot tables, charts and reports that can be used by Management to get a pulse on where we are at as a company. By this, I've learned that I am a strong contributor to the company and thoroughly enjoy being a part of the team.
Pros
Work with wonderful people
Cons
Some long days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at US Foods. Our community is ready to answer.