US Foods

US Foods Employee Reviews

Good Benifits
Maintenance Lead (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 5, 2016
Good Benefits but not very personable. It is not a very family friendly company to work for. Other than that it isnt a bad place to work.
Too much
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INFebruary 4, 2016
Each CSR was given accounts to handle. I was given 400 and no help. Management too busy helping others who has less work. No availability to move up, because I could apply but never choosen.
good pay safe place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALFebruary 3, 2016
Long and good. How to be a better supervisor. All good people. Working night. The good people I work with and work for. For all championships games we got to watch and the company pervade food for us.
Decent place, but bad training.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Columbia SCFebruary 3, 2016
No training, coworkers kept walking away when I had an question. One Manager didn't introduce himself. Very bad experience
Great work place
Local Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 1, 2016
Was a great place to work. Great hours and lots of overtime. Lots of room to grow within the company. Was just a far commute. Delivered food to restaurant thru out San Diego County
Great Company to work for
Inventory Control / Driver Check-in Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCJanuary 26, 2016
An average day begins with a smile and ends with exhaustion, you are not pushed beyond your limits you are just to the edge. The management and company philosophy are always for the best of the customers and the company. Being that US Foods is on the cutting edge of the food industry there is not very many days that they are closed.
was a nice place to work
Truck Driver Class B (Current Employee) –  Seabrook, NHJanuary 26, 2016
after 16 years of working for us foods there just is no bright futer anymore so time to leave and take my skills somw where else
Pros
Cons
loved the people i worked with
Wonderful Company
RESTAURANT CONSULTANT IN SALES (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJanuary 26, 2016
Great place and great people! I wish I would of never left this job! I enjoyed the management style and I enjoyed the freedom to management with my own style.
Pros
Great family to be apart of
Cons
No cons
Had good time working with US Foods
Java/J2EE Developer (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILJanuary 25, 2016
It was great experience working with the USFoods. Very good and well organised working environment I met with a lot of good and supportive people in USFoods.
Very hard place to work for.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 23, 2016
My day would usually start around 4 am and i would not get home until about 630pm and would have to wait up until about 9-10pm to call and find out what time i had to be back at work the next day. No home life and hardly and sleep
Pros
Very good customers
Cons
no sleep
Pathetic, ridiculous
Local route driver (Current Employee) –  Hurricane, WVJanuary 22, 2016
I have never in my life seen a company more poorly managed. I don't know how the hurricane wv branch is even still open. To start your gonna be lied to your very first day there. Get used to it. Your told that everything is based off of seniority. Not the case, seniority only works for the ones that management like. The routing makes no sense what so ever. You have no home life Monday - Friday that's a fact. Some routes are 15+ hours long so you start your day behind. I've been told multiple times as well as all the other drivers to bypass the weigh station that's a mile from the yard. No worries, they will give you directions on which way to go. Those are the only directions you'll get. Most all the addresses on your paperwork are wrong. So are the phone numbers. They never get updated. Use a gps? No they want you to come in an hour early and get directions from the other drivers instead. If your doing anything other then looking straight ahead with both hands on the wheel that's a write up of the camera goes off. DOT says you can't work past 14 hours in a day? I've seen guys work 18-20 hrs in a day and not even get a thank you. According to management "I can keep you on duty 100 hours it doesn't matter. You just can't drive." Your told that all you need to keep pace with is 120 cases per hour. No, not even close. The customers are always extremely upset because they are lied to just as much as you are. I could keep going. The main point is these people don't care about you or what you have outside of work. They want your life to revolve around their needs at work and will  more... force it on you. Stay away,  less
Pros
None at all
Cons
We are not only the lowest paid branch, our customers hate us too!
N/a
Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 21, 2016
Excellent benefits. Reasonable scheduling. Additional training in some areas is greatly needed. Routing could stand improvement for delivery drivers. Good provision for uniforms and uniform items.
Good company but to micro managed. Trying to re-invent the wheel again and again. To suceed at this position you must sacrifice time with the family.
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  MissouriJanuary 18, 2016
To grow your sales in a very competitive field, you better plan on working 55-60 hours a week. Sundays are gone because of having to call customers and put in orders. Very competitive market and your payed on profitabilty which can be very hard at times.They provide lot's of training and support but also lots of micro- management. Beware if they tell you that they give you plenty of time before putting you on click down to commission. I had 1 year and it started. I wouldn't suggest taking this position unless you inherit a 50,000 plus a week in established sales territory. Otherwise your in for a tough battle!
Pros
You are your own business in some ways
Cons
Weekend work, hot shots, collections.
us food boca
Driver (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 16, 2016
many ppl were getting hurt. work many hours little home time. 6 days of work. only Sunday off. drivers are great management unorganized at times
Horrable
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJJanuary 12, 2016
biggest mistake leaving MB to come to US foods. Money was good but not worth the hours and work load. Management was like being in a HS locker room.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Typical Day at work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 4, 2016
My day at work begins with checking all trailers for returns pretrip tractor trailer fill out drivers inspection sheets . I gather all paper and checks and keys . Then I connect my trailers and do walk around to inspect for defect . Then proceed to destination safely following all rules and regulations of DOT. when I arriving at destination fuel equipment break down doubles and check in all returns and ect. Lastly I prepare my round trips for the day
Pros
compensation, work independently, vacation time
Cons
expensive healthcare
Hard work but worth the overtime
Local Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 2, 2016
management is all over the place! You never know what time you will work they say 10 hours and they tell you, but you will be sleeping and they will call you changing your start time and route 10 minutes till you start!
Good people to work for. good pay and benefits but hard work.
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 21, 2015
worked there for 4 years and was let go due to a truck accident. would go back today if I could. it is a good, growing company, with good pay and benefits.
Pros
pay. people
Cons
night shift, not much family time..hard work
Thick Skin required. Bad days are bad but good days are great.
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSDecember 19, 2015
Territory management take special kind of people, and here is why. Regardless of what is going on in your world, you are always going to have to be the guy who you customer can count on. So if you have a bad call or something goes wrong, you have to pull up your big boys pants and move on the next one. Because you never know that big opportunity that you been working for might just pay off.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Things out of your control
A good overall company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CADecember 9, 2015
It's an above average company that provides many benefits to their workers but has the usual middle management problems.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Lack of communication, management is not very responsive to issues.