US Foods Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent Company
National Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTAugust 25, 2016
I spent 12 years working customer service. The daily interaction with customers as well as co workers taught me a lot. I enjoyed the challenges that were given to me as well as working for the ones that managed me.
great place
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 25, 2016
good pay great advancements with a safe working environment that comply with OHSA safety rules. Education reimbursement program and 401 k benefits.
Routing
Routing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Buda, TXAugust 23, 2016
Challenging and gratifying. Lots of giving for training new areas and must travel more than I wanted. not so understanding managers to new staff,
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
tough hours
Company in Transition
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 18, 2016
With the company recently going public most of the sales department is in a lengthy transition. To show a solid bottom line to the investors the company revamped their sales model nationwide eliminating many positions. In my opinion they are going backwards by alleviating many of the customer service aspects of the current model that helped make them successful.
Promotes within
Director of Transportation (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 14, 2016
Started in 2000 as a order selector and have been promoted thru out the operations department. From warehouse supervisor to director of transportation.
ok
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTAugust 11, 2016
its just an ok place to work. the VP there is a control freak. he runs the company and is a very unethical person and needs help
unstable
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GAAugust 10, 2016
I worked in Sales. Had to deal with the IT department on many occasions. HORRIBLE!!!
The training was awful. One guy in particular was Alberto Uribe . awful and a complete disaster. Had no clue how to do his job. Atrocious documentation and record keeping for new personnel. Company itself is great. But IT department is horrible and needs to be overhauled.
Pros
free food
Cons
IT Department (ALBERTO URIBE)
Great Team in Charlotte Division
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 8, 2016
I love working for US Foods. The management team has helped develop my skills, and allowed me to grow in a healthy work environment. I thoroughly enjoy working with the team in my division. I highly recommend US Foods Charlotte as a place of employment.
Ok to work there
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 6, 2016
I worked at US Foods

Pros

Great teamwork but you are still allowed to operate the Distribution Centre as you and your management team see it as necessary to meet and even exceed the customer expectation.
You feel as part of an International Team and your suggestions are considered valuable.

Cons

As an organization, we lost quite a few businesses and thus as a new manager, I lost my position even though my Centre as doing very well.

Advice to Management

This a solid organization with strong support system. I feel that a site manager should be fully responsibly for their centre and should not be bail out if their account is lost to another company. Much more another manager should not lose their position because of other centres failure.
Closings and Layoffs were always looming
gh pSenior Sales and Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 6, 2016
Poor Business Model from Corporate.
Constant pressure to grow business and little regard for employees.
No reimbursements for expenses and 100% commissions as compensation for long hours of work with little regard for balance of work and family life.
Pros
Co Workers
Cons
Stressful conditions with high pressure
Toxic workplace
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAAugust 3, 2016
Extremely poor regional management more worried about placement of blame than problem solving.
Slow to respond to requests for help and poor product knowledge.
Good coworkers
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 2, 2016
Typical work day is 2 am to when you get done
Management can be hard to get a hold of.
Typically only work Monday thru Friday
Hard to get promoted
Busy fast paced environment
Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Seabrook, NHAugust 1, 2016
US Foods has been a great company to work for many years. I worked with some very talented and hard working peers.
Recent cost reductions since company has gone public could impact the business negatively.
Pros
Great industry to work at with talented coworkers
Cons
Company is cutting too many jobs, quality of support structure will be effected.
good benefits
Accounting Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, ncAugust 1, 2016
good benefits, changes in company led to my position being moved to another location after 10 years

Management could be involved more with the day to day issues and involve themselves more with their employees.
Pay Great Horrible Schedule AVOID THIS JOB
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 26, 2016
Job is great but the schedule will ruin relationships and you will lose almost all family time. You will make a lot of money but in the end it is not worth it.
Pros
Pay, Coworkers
Cons
Schedule
Good if you don't value home life
Driver (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 24, 2016
The pay is good but you work very hard unloading a truck and delivering product upstairs/ downstairs, on your feet most of the day!! Management is terrible anymore, never was like that.. Not a bad place it's just heading in a direction that is driven by corporate greed and don't listen to the people that actually do the job
Pros
Pay
Cons
Benefits suck anymore, long and hard days
US Foods Company Review
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  USAJuly 19, 2016
US Foods is a great company. Benefits and vacation are far and competitive. Managers are great at some divisions and not so great at other divisions. Really depends on honesty and integrity. Either you decide to do the right thing or you decide to do an unethical thing.
Pros
Good food when CHEFS cook. Great technology for Sales team.
Cons
Lack of consistent communication.
sales reps exciting but they are not loyal to the reps
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 18, 2016
While a great company been through many buyouts and still in the process of being bought to be sold again for profits for that reason it is not the stable company it once was. Your employment is in jeopardy with each new buyout.
Pros
districts smaller and everyday people
Cons
not a place to retire from
Embrace change. It's the best way to get better.
Director of National/Multi Units Sales (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXJuly 13, 2016
I was employed by US Foods/US Foodservice for 16 years. I began as a District Sales Manager. Through their direction and development I was promoted twice.
The company has gone through some incredible changes. New opportunities to grow and improve knowledge have been numerous.
I would recommend US Foods Inc. as a desirable employment location.
Pros
Reward for performance.
Cons
Employment requirements.
Great Workplace
Sanitation Technician (Current Employee) –  Fairburn, GAJuly 13, 2016
Great place to work. Great benefits if hired Full time. You work hard for the money you make. Advancement possible in company.
Pros
Pay
Cons
NONE

Ask a question about working or interviewing at US Foods. Our community is ready to answer.