US Foods Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work,great co-workers
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAMay 29, 2016
Great place to work and Co-workers,Us foods need to stand by there drivers more often,some times the customer is not always right. Long hours,but if you get out there and do your job ,it wouldn't be long hours,sometime starting your route alittle earlier will be better,I enjoy working here,I don't plan on going nowhere else....
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Long Hours, load not loaded correctly
Great Place to work if you dont stand up for yourself
National Accounts Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 25, 2016
The work is ever changing which makes for some great days, however it's not always steady. There are days where you need to look for more work just to keep your self busy. This position has taught me a lot about how things work, and how things come together. Management is hit and miss. Sometimes it's hard to read what exactly is going on and if they are listening to your concerns. The flexibility is great, however sometimes that is a curse too.
Pros
Kitchen on Site, Work hour flexibility.
Cons
Management does not communicate very well.
its cool
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 24, 2016
Not a company who cares about employees, typically work day clock in and restart computer and begin to take orders you place you re check orders
Pros
good food
Cons
negative
Warehouse Job
OVERNIGHT WAREHOUSE SELECTOR (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 19, 2016
Work until you are done job. Management is horrible, severely under qualified and very negative. Employees are descent people. hardest part of job was dealing with management. Best part of job was leaving.
Fast Paced Selling Environment
DISTRICT SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 18, 2016
I manage a team of 10 sales associates we call on exsisting accounts and prospect for new business. US Foods has a great culture with a sense of family within the organization. Hardest part if my position is relying on transportation to deliver our goods and services in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part is coaching our sales team for success,
Paid slavery
Order Selector/ Slave (Former Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJMay 17, 2016
This place will work you like a dog every night until you throw your back out. Your life will revolve around U.S. Foods, you will work 9-10 hours a night literally busting your behind for your pay. Management don't care about nothing but percentage rates. They measure your performance based on a automated computer system that never layed hands on a box. They want you to run up and down 12 aisles on a pallet jack, pick 85 to 100 pieces, build 2 pallets, wrap and stage them on the loading dock in 25 minutes....Employees have to skip breaks and cheat the system in order to even come close to making percentage..witch is 95%. What a joke! ..Its almost impossible to make the union witch susposed to take 90 days. This company will wave the carrot in your face and make it sound real nice, but everything that glitters aint gold. Be prepared to lose 20lbs and work every holiday ......dont say I didnt warn ya....
Pros
Benefits if you can make 90 days
Cons
Bad management; bad work conditions; no family work balance
Excellent place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 16, 2016
Awesome company to work with. Time management is used wisely. Great co-workers. Work Life balance, Benefits are very good. Typical day keep one busy.
Benefits
US Foods Memphis
NATIONAL ACCOUNTS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 12, 2016
I learned a lot working for this company and I had some advancements where I developed my skills. I worked in a sales position and a management position.
Don't waste your time
Custom cutter (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 12, 2016
Shady management plain and simple
Questionable business practices
Low employee morale
Working nights and weekends
Pros
Free drinks in break room
Cons
Sweat shop
Hard work for good pay.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 11, 2016
Deliver food to various restaurants and food establishments. Greet the customers, deliver the items, and stage items in appropriate areas. Long hours is the hardest part of the job.
a great company to help you to grow your business.
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, NJMay 11, 2016
Very professional employees that help customers have a better understanding of their individual business. Nice innovative, industry leading products that set them apart from the competition.
Corporate environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 11, 2016
A typical day would be servicing the customers by placing food orders. I have learned how to run reports. Management was bearable. Co-workers were just like family. The hardest part of the job for me was not being able to grow. The most enjoyable part of my job was the relationship I build with my customers.
Pros
lunch occassionally, salary, paid weekly
Cons
short lunches, healthcare
Sweat shop.....you have been warned!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 7, 2016
Stockyards cut shop turnover rate is at 70% because of Director treating employees like sub-humans. He is never held accountable and is aloud to do whatever he pleases with no repercussions .
At USFOODS Charlotte you are a number,not an employee ! Worst job I've ever had.
Pros
Free koolaid in break room
Cons
The director of operations is Evil in the flesh !
Glad to be part of the US Food family!!
Warehouseman (Current Employee) –  Lamirada, CAMay 6, 2016
A typical day at work is getting that blood flowing by stretching followed by our daily briefing,equipment inspection and off we go.
I learned how to work with people with all kinds of different personalities because there were always new hires.
I believe there couldn't be a more enjoyable and down to earth management team in all the world,and I say that with no disrespect.
Well as far as co-workers you know you got the one who think they are part of management,some that just don't have a clue half the time and then there's one's that just get in do the job and go home,my kind of people.
I would say the hardest part of the job is just getting there,and you can probably guess the most enjoyable part.....GOING HOME!!!
great workplace with alot of good people..
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMay 5, 2016
like going to football practice..learned how to stack at a fast pace.management makes you want to work..encouraging employees.and great job security.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
pay
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KS 66618May 2, 2016
Great pay, easy work, discounts on food products. If you had a set route it was pretty easy, but sometimes you would be sent somewhere that you had never been which made it tricky. Thank you google maps. If you can find the dumpster, you can find the kitchen door. Everyone was easy to get along with. The health benefits were ok (BCBS). No complaints.
Excellent Company!
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Seabrook, NHMay 2, 2016
US Foods is a good company with good employee's. What I have seen from my past experience, US Foods knows how to keep their customers happy and will do what it takes to strive as a leader not only as one of the largest food distributor's but in the customer service end. I have attended monthly training on how to grow my sales, computer training for online, etc.., they helped me stay in touch with what is going on with my competitors & their products. *****My customers where the best for keeping me informed!

The hardest part of my job was when a delivery didn't go expected or a customer was short a product and needed it that day! That was challenging, but I made it happened! I Cold Called these accounts and won those customers trust as their representative, it is my duty that they were satisfied with my service and happy with my company at the end of each work day!

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a smile on my customers face!
Very Disappointed
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 2, 2016
Very understaffed and over worked. Department of 7 people to handle over 400 accounts. We are required to work 6 day work weeks due to lack of staffing. There are very few opportunities for growth or career advancement
Good overall experience
Area Director of Finance (Area CFO) (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAMay 2, 2016
Good co-workers and great experience; Company is going through significant change. Very fast paced and exciting industry
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Private Equity
They had a workout room, but everyone was already getting there workout moving cases. In all honestly it made the workout room kind of pointless.
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTApril 30, 2016
I enjoy pulling orders, but the managers made the job joyless. I was given an occurrence when I had to go home for having torn a hole in my boot on a pallet. I didn't want to be put in a situation where I could get injured for having insufficient PPE, but my managers insisted I work, I had to tell them I wasn't going to put myself at risk for having torn a hole in my boot, they thought I should continue working rather than them being concerned about my safety in the first place. In which case, if you're a good manager, rule #1 would be how can I keep my fellow employees safe. That situation turned me away from the job, and I quit soon after.
Pros
They gave out a couple free lunches which was good, I enjoyed the work and the pay was good.
Cons
The managers weren't concerned about employee safety or health, they just wanted the job done so they could go home.