US Foods

US Foods Employee Reviews

Engaging Work
Regional Account Manager- Healthcare Segment (Current Employee), PennsylvaniaMarch 18, 2015
Fast paced work environment. 24 hour work cycle on a daily basis, you tend to make this a lifestyle and not just a job. Customer service and salesmanship required if you want to be successful.
Stable environment, family atmosphere
Logistics Coordinator/Claims Specialist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 11, 2015
Pros: family atmosphere, team oriented, room for growth, upper managment stays engaged with entire staff.
Cons: lacking in technology, old equipment, uncertainty because of proposed of sysco merger.
US Foods is a great place to work. Plenty of opportunity to advance and upper management REALLY care about who you are and what you do. Some middle management on the other hand make their ambitions known and some but NOT all leave much to be desired.
Repaired , installed, and reconditioned beverage equipment
Service Technician (Former Employee), Lexington, SCMarch 6, 2015
Pros: great work enviroment
Cons: my boss who hired me, passed away not long after he hired me.
I was responsible for a company van and handled beverage equipment for customers. I would rebuild and recondition coffee, juice and tea machines to be used in restaurants in the Columbia and surrounding areas.
Great place
Corporate FP&A (Current Employee), rosemont, ilMarch 5, 2015
Great place to work, work life balance, great leadership, interesting work, fhopefully themerger will not take place
Great sales environment & a leader in most areas regarding foodservice industry. High emphasis on staying ahead of technology & trends in foodservice.
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee), Daphne, ALMarch 3, 2015
Nice balance balance between work & personal life with some flexibility. Compensation is very good when you perform. The most enjoyable part of my job would be the relationships that I have built as a direct result of relationship selling.
Positive and Encouraging Company
National Account Executive (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 1, 2015
US FOODS/ATLANTA at the time I worked there was run by the most amazing team of professionals that I have ever seen. The support and encouragement that I received while employed there was not comparable to anything I'd seen up until then. Those gentlemen set the bar for Sales Team Support and mutual respect for all team members.
super tough job, high paying job
driver (Former Employee), tampa flFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: high paying job 60-70k
Cons: toughest job there is in the delivery business
Very tough job with long hours & overloaded, stressful routes. Youll be unloading heavy cases with a handcart with a a ramp 99% of the time from beef and chicken to milk and cheese if you're not careful you'll get injured fast. But you will get PAID!!
Very focused with a pleasant work environment
Operations Clerk (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: good pay, full benefits, great drivers
Cons: long late hours, short staff
I come to work at 11:30 pm, sort out with drivers need to be released and print out all the drivers route sheets with assigned doors for departure. Management is pretty good with handling a busy night, most times if I need help they would take the time to assist me. The hardest part of this job is having to deal with damaged goods and making sure that we had replacement of the same product for the driver. The most enjoyable part of this job is hearing about the drivers daily commute making their rounds to customers.
Houston
Driver (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: nothing in the houston office
Cons: everything
Houston Office Sucks Horrible Management this job would be cool if they had better Management and organization, you never know what time you come in have to call at 9pm every day to find out what time you come in, something its not up, playing the guessing game, and you never have the same route, unless you have been their for years.
Great culture for employees
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee), Wixom, MIFebruary 13, 2015
The Company provides challenging work while ensuring employees are valued.
Lots of great tools in place to help employees be successful and to be considered innovative and cutting edge to the customers.
fun work place
Night Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), North Little Rock, ARFebruary 7, 2015
Being to come to an overnight job away from family and still be able to have fun and joke while working is a great plus and great motivation to come to work
Great company with an uncertain future.
Territory Manager (Current Employee), Fife, WAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule with great compensation and benefits.
Cons: challenging balance between work and family. uncertain future with pending merger.
US Foods has been at the forefront of an ever evolving foodservice industry. They continue to be the leading innovator in foodservice distribution through unique and exclusive food products and eCommerce solutions. With a pending merger with our largest competitor, the future of US Foods is uncertain.
THIS PLACE REALLY SUCKS
Anonymous Current Employee (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: the medical benefits are ok
Cons: you never see your family, they work you like a dog, management & supervisors have their own little click among themselves, i could go on but i'm in the middle of searching for another job.
Stray dogs are treated better than the employees at this place.
N/A
Pricing Analyst (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJanuary 24, 2015
Work within national accounts sales to understand customer needs, constraints and determine strategy. Typically includes product matching, pricing determination, and stocking/supply assessment.
Recognize and anticipate missing data from price quote exception requests and obtain
required information to assure proper review of relevant facts pertaining to the proposed opportunity.
Nice place to work
Order selector (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 22, 2015
Good pay. Good benifits. Great people to work with. Long hours but willing to give overtime daily.
Great Fast Paced workplace with high productive output.
Notify Stocker- Customer Service Order Builder (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: good pay, great company
Cons: very repetative work, very short breaks and an unknown clock out time daily.
I really enjoy it, being responsible for working in a busy warehouse and ensuring that deliveries are made to customers on time.Operating power material handling equipment to accurately select and palletize loads.
Moving pallets by hand, hand truck, electric pallet jack, or manual pallet jack.Packaging merchandise for shipment.
Shrink wrapping goods for loading onto trailers.
Finding stock and merchandise in the warehouse.
Ensuring that the correct labels are on all stored pallets. Was, in is what I've grown to love over the years.
Room to Grow
TRANSPORTATION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Livermore, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: growth opportunities; benefits
Cons: long hours, work most holidays in operations
Fast and busy work enviroment with room for advancement if you apply yourself. If you are flexible with time there is plenty of OT for hourly associates.
VTC6N8UDM S57O
delivery driver (Former Employee), Owatonna, MNJanuary 19, 2015
TM8 ESRYSLDRIT6 SQ8O0W37C56; asryo;se78ry6a vsl;ieruvl awu4eyr;sdyft a;spiawerutdfjhgzfxlcjfta8oe7tr6v kzxjhgfL ASDgf
Company maintains a solid reputation in the food industry.
Transportation Clerk (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNJanuary 8, 2015
Company provides great benefits and a great work environment. Very supportive towards your involvement and growth within the company.

Management is very knowledgeable in their positions and maintain an open door policy. Very approachable.
Paid the bills, but I was miserable, body was torn to pieces
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TnDecember 29, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: back breaking, long hours, poor management
The whole time I worked here I felt very micro managed. They were writing drivers up for not being able to keep shirts tucked in after unloading 15000-20000 lbs of groceries with a two wheeler . They installed cameras in the truck that watch both the road and you at all times, which they insisted was ONLY for insurance purposes, but after 2 months of the cameras, they used it as a whipping post to punish their best drivers who never even had accidents. They drive you hard, after working all day to unload your trailer, you would have to go bail out other drivers who choose to not work as fast, (being punished for working hard). Management had no experience in driving a truck, but wanted to tell drivers how to and not to drive. Routers would not listen to your advice on how to run the route...they would do whatever their computers would tell them, and you would pay dearly for them not listening the next day on your route. Warehouse could not stack product where it needed to be. I was aways delivering damaged goods, and shorting customers on what they ordered because I couldn't find it.Pay was decent, but would never go back to work so hard for the average pay...would not recommend this job to anybody