US Foods Employee Reviews

Found 1,018 reviews matching the search
poor work ethics
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 31, 2017
chaotic and negligent work force with poor management and unsafe work conditions. People are paid based on the time they decide each order should be done in.the orders are all different and some people get better ones than others because management plays favorites with certain employees whom do not work harder than others in fact the selectors that make the most money here do the least amount of worrk even though they have the same responsibilities they get special tasks given by management solely on the fact that they are liked personally more than others.
Pros
great pay some of the time
Cons
poor management and stressful environment
hard work hours vary
Night Selector (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSJanuary 30, 2017
get a case count normally around 60k, they tell you how many people showed up to work and how long it should take to get the night over with if everyone runs at a 100%. i learned a lot about how warehouses function and just how important it is to have everyone doing their job and how the bottom line can so easily be affected by the just a few things.
Pros
awesome break room, good pay and benefits, room for advancement
Cons
short breaks, very difficult learning curve, extremely frustrating overall
Toxic Environment w/Good 'Ol Boys Mentality
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 29, 2017
I have never worked for a more Toxic Work Environment. It is unfortunate that a company of this size still can't pull it together and hold the management team accountable for the high turnover and EXTREMELY low Employee Promoter Score ratings each of us provide.
Pros
Most Meals paid for or reimbursed
Cons
Work 7 days a week
Fast pace working environment
Selector (Former Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJJanuary 28, 2017
Fast pace working environment .. good money .. freezer ; cooler ; dry zones you worked in.. double jacks & triples , everyday overtime .. holiday pay
Pros
Good money
Cons
Every holiday you worked
Fun place to work
AUGMENTATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 26, 2017
I had a great time working at us foods ,I researched alot of different products, so I got really good at reaching out and speaking to the manufacturer. Management was great.
i enjoyed pallet jacking the most
riding pallet jack operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 25, 2017
the job was pretty decent i don't really have many complaints the hours were good and pay was decent as well i don't regret working at u.s foods not one bit.
upper mgt issues
Territory Sales Manager-Hawkeye (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IAJanuary 25, 2017
Middle mgt hired with no food service experience. Micro management top priority. Failure to grasp challenges associated with market area and customer needs.
Very demanding job in a tough union environment.
Vice - President of Operations (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJanuary 25, 2017
A typical day would include review of the daily metrics and delivery routes. Meetings with other department heads to collaborate on projects and initiatives. Budgeting and financial review. Staff and one on one meetings with my staff to review metrics and progress on initiatives. Meet with vendors to negotiate contract pricing for items like material handling and fleet equipment service.
The hardest part of the job was staffing my 3rd Shift. It was not only overnights, but also the new employees had to work in the freezer because of union seniority.
The best part of my job was taking a department that was in total disarray and making it run efficiently.
Pros
I had a great boss and i literally lived 5 minutes from the plant.
Cons
It was an adversarial union environment.
Ok place to work.
Maintenance Mechanic/B (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GA.January 24, 2017
I liked my job I enjoyed working with coworkers
To learn more.other usfoods was a very nice
Place to work i can't complain weekly was
Excellent.No tips was allow from outside
Vendors.
Pros
Lots of games was played for company employees
Cons
Breaks was good.
Yard Jockey
Yard Jockey (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAJanuary 23, 2017
Move trailer to the door and back into their location after loaded. Check temputure on trailer to make sure they at a perfect temp. Clean uo yard, and transport broken vechical to ryder to get fixed.
Decent Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCJanuary 23, 2017
The company from a Corporate standpoint has a progressive outlook and direction. The foundation and making of a very productive organization is in place, requires the support and input from all.
The workplace used to be famly oriented, NOW leaders do not know Who their employees are or what they do.
National Account Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXJanuary 22, 2017
Management needs to treat employees equally. Favoritism is an everyday reality. The layoff was unfair. People with many years of service were let go. With them went the working knowledge of the Foodservice Industry.
Pros
Benefits were the biggest Pro
Cons
Equalitity is not practiced at this company
Productive and consistently busy
Buyer / Procurement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GAJanuary 22, 2017
In the 4 1/2 years I worked for US Foods I can honestly say that I was able to learn a variety of skills across several departments. I was never held back in learning other aspects of departments that crossed over to procurement. I seemed to always stay very busy.
good compensation
Territory Manager, Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Hurricane, WV 25526January 19, 2017
Not a good balance of life/work. Good compensation for getting out there and bringing in new customers, representing the company well, attending food shows, staying on the road M-F.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Poor work/life balance
Buddy system
Selector (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJanuary 18, 2017
There is a high amount of the buddy system in the management area. Also, with working with food the sick leave is not up to par. Sick employees are forced to come in or be pointed and fired
Not a good place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 17, 2017
Was a great company to work for until the last 4 years , they have downsized the company to death . Laying off long term employees and changing the job titles to compensate for lowering the wages and then offer the job back to employee .
Awesome fast pace incredible team work and communication from management and follow team members
selector (Former Employee) –  floridaJanuary 16, 2017
Awesome place to work great work out and money to be made and advancement so skies the limit if you want it and furthering your career here is a great place to start and learn the ropes
Pros
All aspects
Cons
Fast pace, potential to make a lot of money, hard on your body
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 16, 2017
Not a job I could see myself working long term. Lot of heavy lifting and stacking on your pallet. Not what i had expected. Everything isnt for everybody.
Excellent Company to work for
Vendor Administrator (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 14, 2017
I enjoyed my time with Day And Zimmermann/Yoh Company. I enjoyed the people, the supervisors and managers. I enjoyed the environment. I enjoyed the flexible schedule, the ability to advance and the ability to speak freely. The hardest part of the job was being overlooked for advancement for someone who didn't know the job as well as me but had experience in an area that I did not. Other than that it was a great place to work.
dont waste your time
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, NJJanuary 14, 2017
great money but that's it management was bad didn't know anything old out of date equipment just get prouct off truck routing was bad then let you go right before your probation is up an bring in the next crew of people don't waste your time here
Pros
money
Cons
management was bad

Ask a question about working or interviewing at US Foods. Our community is ready to answer.