US Foods Employee Reviews

Operations Management
Warehouse Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSJune 22, 2016
Manage over 70 employees in the receiving, selection and shipping of $500,000,000/year worth of food services and product. I learned that building trust and respect drives employees to perform at a high level. The hardest part of the job is the long hours worked (12-15). The most enjoyable part is the relationship with each individual.
sales reps exciting but they are not loyal to the reps
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 18, 2016
While a great company been through many buyouts and still in the process of being bought to be sold again for profits for that reason it is not the stable company it once was. Your employment is in jeopardy with each new buyout.
Pros
districts smaller and everyday people
Cons
not a place to retire from
Great place to work,great co-workers
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAMay 29, 2016
Great place to work and Co-workers,Us foods need to stand by there drivers more often,some times the customer is not always right. Long hours,but if you get out there and do your job ,it wouldn't be long hours,sometime starting your route alittle earlier will be better,I enjoy working here,I don't plan on going nowhere else....
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Long Hours, load not loaded correctly
Dynamic Sales & Marketing Company
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 13, 2016
My company has lead the way for the past 5 years with offering our customers the required products & resources they need to remain competitive in a challenging market place. We educate and task our sales professionals with consulting with our customers to create partnerships matching value added resources to their specific challenges. The company works hard to continuously create the additional resources and advance our company initiatives to remain a leader in the food service industry. Our culture is one of accountability, honest evaluation and open communication to constantly grow making it easy for our customers to do business with us.
Pros
Great culture, healthcare benefits, sales rewards systems, technology
Cons
Keeping up with the work load can be challenging when balancing time with family.
Glad to be part of the US Food family!!
Warehouseman (Current Employee) –  Lamirada, CAMay 6, 2016
A typical day at work is getting that blood flowing by stretching followed by our daily briefing,equipment inspection and off we go.
I learned how to work with people with all kinds of different personalities because there were always new hires.
I believe there couldn't be a more enjoyable and down to earth management team in all the world,and I say that with no disrespect.
Well as far as co-workers you know you got the one who think they are part of management,some that just don't have a clue half the time and then there's one's that just get in do the job and go home,my kind of people.
I would say the hardest part of the job is just getting there,and you can probably guess the most enjoyable part.....GOING HOME!!!
Corporate environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 11, 2016
A typical day would be servicing the customers by placing food orders. I have learned how to run reports. Management was bearable. Co-workers were just like family. The hardest part of the job for me was not being able to grow. The most enjoyable part of my job was the relationship I build with my customers.
Pros
lunch occassionally, salary, paid weekly
Cons
short lunches, healthcare
Fast Paced Selling Environment
DISTRICT SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 18, 2016
I manage a team of 10 sales associates we call on exsisting accounts and prospect for new business. US Foods has a great culture with a sense of family within the organization. Hardest part if my position is relying on transportation to deliver our goods and services in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part is coaching our sales team for success,
Great Company with great pay
Corporate Credit Coordinator/ Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILSeptember 9, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was the analyst role which included, setting credit limits, performing background checks and establishing terms based on credit worthiness.
Pros
Excellent work environment.
Cons
Required on call hours five times a year.
it like play chest table have to know move employe from one task to another,
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAApril 26, 2016
In this job is a learnig process every day was a challenge. Every single day we don't know how much work or order we are going to have and my job was determine how many people need to get those order on the time frame the same day. Very excited job and the relation with the coworker was great.. Great place to work and grown
Pros
Free lunches, production bonus, bonus attendance safety reward
Cons
time frame to complete a task
Sweat shop.....you have been warned!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 7, 2016
Stockyards cut shop turnover rate is at 70% because of Director treating employees like sub-humans. He is never held accountable and is aloud to do whatever he pleases with no repercussions .
At USFOODS Charlotte you are a number,not an employee ! Worst job I've ever had.
Pros
Free koolaid in break room
Cons
The director of operations is Evil in the flesh !
Management Lacking Skills
National Accounts Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CASeptember 18, 2016
Management lacking skills needed to build and maintain a strong team and work atmosphere. My co-workers worked well together but due to management we were never given the credit deserved nor encouraged to grow within the company.
Great Team in Charlotte Division
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 8, 2016
I love working for US Foods. The management team has helped develop my skills, and allowed me to grow in a healthy work environment. I thoroughly enjoy working with the team in my division. I highly recommend US Foods Charlotte as a place of employment.
District Sales Manager was not competent
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTSeptember 1, 2016
I really loved their technology platform, they had great benefits but the Utah area seems to be an old boys club... All in all I think it would be a great company to work if you had the right supervisor.
Pros
Freedom and benefits
Cons
management team
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KS 66618May 2, 2016
Great pay, easy work, discounts on food products. If you had a set route it was pretty easy, but sometimes you would be sent somewhere that you had never been which made it tricky. Thank you google maps. If you can find the dumpster, you can find the kitchen door. Everyone was easy to get along with. The health benefits were ok (BCBS). No complaints.
Good Place to Work
Account Executive/Sales (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CASeptember 16, 2016
Good environment to work in with good culture and employees. The company empowered it's employees to encourage new ideas and innovations. Started as territory manager and then was promoted to Account Executive for National Accounts.
This place sucks trust me dont work in the corona location as a driver
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAApril 7, 2016
They will send u to SD, HIGH DESERT, and L.A. To report to work then you got ten hours to roll over till u start again but they don't care if it takes you 2 hours to get home and if you have to go to SD oh well they'll tell you and sometimes you go to Vegas for three days
Pros
None only start at 19.00 a hour for some physical labor
Horrible place to work
Inside Sales Representative/Contract coordinator (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXSeptember 19, 2016
Management does not care about employees. Company organization is extremely inefficient. Office employees are dispensable. Treatment of employees is terrible.
Pros
Cons
Management, the whole company
Wonderful staff, friendly inviting and cooperative within departments
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NyMarch 25, 2016
Harmonious working environment with all departments working together to achieve common work goals.

Objectives and timelines very clear. Company provides all the needed tools for employees to achieve success within position. Multiple trainings are available as well as a corporate department resource that responds quickly.
Company not what it use to be
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 16, 2016
The people are great, the corporate windmill however is in full control and dictates everything. Directly before, during, and even after Sysco's failed acquisition of USF, the company got in it's own head and got away from what they had done so well, and that is treating their people with respect and appreciation. Took me leaving to realize just how bad it was. Gave me my opportunity and am grateful, but never looking back. A shame too, because it use to be a company many people envied.
Pros
Marketing, peers, compensation
Cons
Corrupt, desperate, immoral
good company to work for
IT Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Zebulon, NCSeptember 19, 2016
Had no problem with end users or management, position was just taken away due to downsizing but my five years there where good no complaints and wish my position was not downsized.
Pros
good people including management