US Foods Employee Reviews in United States

Very Disappointed
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 2, 2016
Very understaffed and over worked. Department of 7 people to handle over 400 accounts. We are required to work 6 day work weeks due to lack of staffing. There are very few opportunities for growth or career advancement
Long hours, good pay, very physical job, Union
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 3, 2016
This job is very physical, the pay is good for the branch I work at. Every branch has a different union contract meaning pay and benefits are different. The one I'm at starting pay is $19.84 an hour and you cap out at 1 year and a half at $24 something. Theirs overtime every day. 12 plus hours a day. Schedule is a 4/10. The thing I like about working at US Foods is I don't have to rotate product, I don't have to put anything away. All I have to do is line it up in the cooler or outside the cooler and have the customer sign and on to the next. Start time depends on the route, some routes u have to start at midnight , other routes between 3 and 4:30am. You get between 10 to 15 accounts per day . 400-1000 cases per day. The pallets are all mixed with 3 other accounts. You have to dig around to to get the case you need.
Pros
Good pay, Union, employee discounts on food, automatic trucks .
Cons
Drive cams, pallets are mixed with other accounts, Bad equipment. Electric pallet jacks are never charged fully. Tight parking spots.
Warehouse Job
OVERNIGHT WAREHOUSE SELECTOR (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 19, 2016
Work until you are done job. Management is horrible, severely under qualified and very negative. Employees are descent people. hardest part of job was dealing with management. Best part of job was leaving.
The Chef Store
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 20, 2016
The opportunity to meet new people everyday and help each customer with their individual needs was more than exciting and worth coming to work everyday.
Pros
Meeting new people everyday
Cons
Dealing with corrupt vendors
Okay money ill people
Night Selector (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDApril 27, 2016
not a good environment overworked workers hardest job of company should have been paid more management is inconsiderate of personal problems spend all your life i that warehouse
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Managment
Eat alot and a different array of customers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, PAMarch 17, 2016
Most enjoyable part of job is dealing with the customers. Hardest part of job lack of communication. Co workers are very friendly and team players
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Communications not good
Have little to say about the company
TRUCK DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Centennial, CODecember 2, 2015
Company is stable and has awesome benefits. Management sucks. COnsistancy from the ware house is a joke. one day your trailer is set up awesome and everything flows right off the truck the next your digging everything out theres no change in the delivery times. and they wonder why cant you finish. Its a bummer. think they'd be more organized.
Pros
Benefits are awesome
Cons
Organization sucks
fast paced position
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 27, 2016
Always something new and different to experience. Though some activities are the same daily, there is always something different about it to make you stay on your toes.
great workplace with alot of good people..
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMay 5, 2016
like going to football practice..learned how to stack at a fast pace.management makes you want to work..encouraging employees.and great job security.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
pay
Great place to work and grow
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 19, 2016
Teach and coach staff on quality and customer service
Day to day management operations to be successful
Ensure customer satisfaction
Pros
University
Cons
management allowance
Excellent place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 16, 2016
Awesome company to work with. Time management is used wisely. Great co-workers. Work Life balance, Benefits are very good. Typical day keep one busy.
Benefits
Hard work for good pay.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 11, 2016
Deliver food to various restaurants and food establishments. Greet the customers, deliver the items, and stage items in appropriate areas. Long hours is the hardest part of the job.
Very hard place to work for.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 23, 2016
My day would usually start around 4 am and i would not get home until about 630pm and would have to wait up until about 9-10pm to call and find out what time i had to be back at work the next day. No home life and hardly and sleep
Pros
Very good customers
Cons
no sleep
Great work family
Contract Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 9, 2015
I love my work family. I love helping others figure out the solution. I have a lot of sales support calls and questions and I really try to figure out the problem and fix it as quickly as possible. In my position I have been lucky to have mentors teach me. I have been given opportunities to mentor other contract coordinators. It is really high stress at times especially now that so many changes are taking place.
Pros
Free lunches at times, vacation time
Good company
IT PURCHASING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 20, 2016
The company is no longer in the Greenville area. Learned a lot about the Foodservice business. Purchasing department was given a 30 day notice that the department was relocating to Phoenix, AZ.
Pros
IT purchasing experience
Cons
Moved purchasing to Phoenix, AZ
Just a job, nothing special about it
Supervisor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wixom, MINovember 29, 2015
You usually work long hours on a typical day or night.
You can learn the business and move up if you in the clique.
The company employee is usually very knowledgeable and helpful.
The overtime pay is the most enjoyable thing to look forward too during holiday seasons.
Pros
Company picnics, family activies
Cons
Travel commute was bad
great place to work
forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 23, 2016
I was able to work my way from a selector on night thru the ranks, Forklift operator, Cherry Picker operator up to Leadman. From there worked in the computer department. I topped out on the pay scale no raise for 4 years,
a typical day at work
forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Zebulon, NCApril 23, 2016
gave 14 years with little or no appreciation poor staff bad supervisors no discipline or follow up on procedures that were not being followed
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor management
Stable company with stable work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 29, 2015
Drove tractor trailer delivered food to customers, stayed physically fit, if i had any problems was able to go to management and it got delt with good. Worked with other coworkers which was all good and great to work with, hardest part of job was working in all weather conditions. Most enjoyable part of job was working independently.
Settled workplace
Distribution Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 31, 2016
Working with this company was a slow life pace. The employees are very immature. I would recommend anyone looking to settle down into a warehouse career to consider working there.