US Foods Employee Reviews

I don’t know what this is asking me to say.
Night Selector (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, NJDecember 28, 2017
Typical day was fast paced, long and very tiresome. Management was very helpful with things like training and making sure the job went as smoothly as possible.
Pros
Lots of benefits.
Cons
Almost mandatory to work through breaks in order to make your required work numbers.
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 27, 2017
Overall good place, some supervisors play favorite's but what can you really do. Long hours but with good pay. Only bad part was they force you to go into another department once you finished all your pulls for the night and it slows down your overall time because your in an unfamiliar area.
Pros
Paid well if you worked hard and zero mistakes
Cons
Miss-pulls have you make $11.00 for the entire week instead of the $16-24 they advertise
ok
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Vista, CADecember 26, 2017
bid on routes annually, can be very stressful when going into unfamiliar areas of the county. lack of sufficient equipment for all drivers, ie pallet jacks
Pros
union shop
Cons
union shop
dissappointed
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Pocasset, MADecember 22, 2017
After a great oreintation all down hill. starting with a low pay rate promise of increase that never happen.Equipment that never showed up, never knowing what the next day held for you. Not very happy.
Productive and interesting place to work
Warehouse Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CADecember 22, 2017
As an Ops Coordinator, act as liaison between Human Resources and payroll. Enjoy the diversity of the workplace. Enjoy working and learning from the associates!
Going downhill rapidly. No end in sight
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Rather not sayDecember 21, 2017
New transportation manager is full of himself. No regard for morale of the drivers. Truck loads are deplorable. Warehouse makes job miserable. Have to tear apart a whole pallet to find 1 case most of the time because a single case for the first stop on a pallet is most likely buried in the back bottom corner under all the cases for the next 3-6 stops. Cannot retain drivers. We used to have mostly 28 ft trailers. Those who work hard and give their best are rewarded with heavier loads, more stops, and smaller time windows because routers try to cram as much un you as they can without making you violate violate DOT hours of service regulations. This place is a succubus with self centered, pretentious jerks calling the shots.
Pros
It is employment
Cons
In a midwest division
Hard Work, interesting people
Driver Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYDecember 19, 2017
It is hard work, however you deliver to a wide range of people, and for the most part, the customers are kind and caring. This job is great if you are looking for overtime.
A great learning experince
Demo Chef (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 19, 2017
I had the opportunity to work with 1 of the best Chefs in Nebraska. I also got to prepare some of the best food. Being able to create some outstanding dishes with new products that haven't hit the market was a great experience.
Number One
NIGHT WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 19, 2017
Great company to work for with good benefits, however some days are long. It's a place where you can advance and move within the company, while applying for position.
Facilities
Facility Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 18, 2017
USR has a great staff of people who are self motivated. the con would be management needs to spend more time with th eworking class and management people not processes
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Too many meeting about nothing
Poor culture and atmosphere
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 18, 2017
The sales team is incredible, but lack the support they need. The operations is completely inadequate and careless if the sales can keep a customer or not why, because they still get paid.
Great Company
Night Cooler Selector (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXDecember 18, 2017
I really enjoyed my time with company, I enjoy the competitive environment, for guys like me who enjoy competing in team sports its a great way to stay fit as well as keep your mind sharp and conditioned. the company pushes you to be the best version of yourself if you obtain the information and use it to your best ability you can make really good money consistently to provide some stability if you can endure long nights and high pace productivity.
Pros
great pay, great management
Cons
cut throat company policies (attendance policy can be a bit relaxed) upon valid reasoning
A Man's World
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 18, 2017
I truly enjoyed working with the creative chef's. Working with territory managers and trainers was less than pleasent. I woman in a 1920's mans world.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Transportation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CADecember 18, 2017
I have enjoyed working at US Foods. The people are polite and professional. I was able to apply my work experience and my education to the duties I was assigned. My co-workers are very enjoyable to work with.
Pros
Benefits, great food and supportive team
Cons
Rushed training
Good company - no good balance schedule
TERRITORY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTDecember 17, 2017
I'm gratefully for the opportunity to work for USFOODS, learn a lot new things about selling process and much more, but I know they will be better in the near future.
Pros
Good paid, ok benefits
Cons
stressfull demanding
none needed
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJDecember 15, 2017
I had a great role and time there nothing bad to say. I did what what my job required me to do and more for growth and advancement. needless to say everyone was willing to work with you and ensure the job was done.
Pros
flexible
Cons
strenuos
great place to work!
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJDecember 15, 2017
great place to work. an industry leader in the food industry with awesome brand recognition which makes it easier to gain entry when prospecting accounts.
Hard work long hours
Driver (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 14, 2017
As a driver you start very early in the morning, between 2 a.m. and 5 a.m. usually, these are usually long and you have a lot of heavy packages to move up and down a ramp of your truck up and down stairs you have to drive a big truck in tight areas, it's hard work but it does pay off my biggest gripe is that the hours are not so great yes you have the weekends off, but I'm not much of a morning person and I do find myself working 70 hours a week at times so the weekends go by too fast.
Pros
Pay and benefits are great
Cons
Early start times hard hard hard work, long hours
Unsatisfactory work environment
Executive Assistant - CONTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILDecember 14, 2017
Poor management and toxic culture. I would not recommend this company at all. The company seems to be growing but the management isn't equipped to plan that growth. It is all "guessing". The climate is very unstable. You can feel it. Unfortunate.

I was a "contractor" with this company. I was offered a permanent job but turned it down. I could not see myself working there, long term.
Cons
Managers were very ineffective. Very poor internal culture.
The shuttle team is nice
Shuttle Driver (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCDecember 14, 2017
They don't care about the shuttle drivers. You don't mean s____ to the company. You gonna work long hour for less pay. Your pay per week WILL go up & down

Ask a question about working or interviewing at US Foods. Our community is ready to answer.