US Foods Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 16, 2016
Awesome company to work with. Time management is used wisely. Great co-workers. Work Life balance, Benefits are very good. Typical day keep one busy.
Benefits
US Foods Memphis
NATIONAL ACCOUNTS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 12, 2016
I learned a lot working for this company and I had some advancements where I developed my skills. I worked in a sales position and a management position.
Don't waste your time
Custom cutter (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 12, 2016
Shady management plain and simple
Questionable business practices
Low employee morale
Working nights and weekends
Pros
Free drinks in break room
Cons
Sweat shop
Hard work for good pay.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 11, 2016
Deliver food to various restaurants and food establishments. Greet the customers, deliver the items, and stage items in appropriate areas. Long hours is the hardest part of the job.
a great company to help you to grow your business.
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, NJMay 11, 2016
Very professional employees that help customers have a better understanding of their individual business. Nice innovative, industry leading products that set them apart from the competition.
Corporate environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 11, 2016
A typical day would be servicing the customers by placing food orders. I have learned how to run reports. Management was bearable. Co-workers were just like family. The hardest part of the job for me was not being able to grow. The most enjoyable part of my job was the relationship I build with my customers.
Pros
lunch occassionally, salary, paid weekly
Cons
short lunches, healthcare
Sweat shop.....you have been warned!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 7, 2016
Stockyards cut shop turnover rate is at 70% because of Director treating employees like sub-humans. He is never held accountable and is aloud to do whatever he pleases with no repercussions .
At USFOODS Charlotte you are a number,not an employee ! Worst job I've ever had.
Pros
Free koolaid in break room
Cons
The director of operations is Evil in the flesh !
Glad to be part of the US Food family!!
Warehouseman (Current Employee) –  Lamirada, CAMay 6, 2016
A typical day at work is getting that blood flowing by stretching followed by our daily briefing,equipment inspection and off we go.
I learned how to work with people with all kinds of different personalities because there were always new hires.
I believe there couldn't be a more enjoyable and down to earth management team in all the world,and I say that with no disrespect.
Well as far as co-workers you know you got the one who think they are part of management,some that just don't have a clue half the time and then there's one's that just get in do the job and go home,my kind of people.
I would say the hardest part of the job is just getting there,and you can probably guess the most enjoyable part.....GOING HOME!!!
great workplace with alot of good people..
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMay 5, 2016
like going to football practice..learned how to stack at a fast pace.management makes you want to work..encouraging employees.and great job security.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
pay
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KS 66618May 2, 2016
Great pay, easy work, discounts on food products. If you had a set route it was pretty easy, but sometimes you would be sent somewhere that you had never been which made it tricky. Thank you google maps. If you can find the dumpster, you can find the kitchen door. Everyone was easy to get along with. The health benefits were ok (BCBS). No complaints.
Excellent Company!
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Seabrook, NHMay 2, 2016
US Foods is a good company with good employee's. What I have seen from my past experience, US Foods knows how to keep their customers happy and will do what it takes to strive as a leader not only as one of the largest food distributor's but in the customer service end. I have attended monthly training on how to grow my sales, computer training for online, etc.., they helped me stay in touch with what is going on with my competitors & their products. *****My customers where the best for keeping me informed!

The hardest part of my job was when a delivery didn't go expected or a customer was short a product and needed it that day! That was challenging, but I made it happened! I Cold Called these accounts and won those customers trust as their representative, it is my duty that they were satisfied with my service and happy with my company at the end of each work day!

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a smile on my customers face!
Very Disappointed
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 2, 2016
Very understaffed and over worked. Department of 7 people to handle over 400 accounts. We are required to work 6 day work weeks due to lack of staffing. There are very few opportunities for growth or career advancement
Good overall experience
Area Director of Finance (Area CFO) (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAMay 2, 2016
Good co-workers and great experience; Company is going through significant change. Very fast paced and exciting industry
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Private Equity
They had a workout room, but everyone was already getting there workout moving cases. In all honestly it made the workout room kind of pointless.
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTApril 30, 2016
I enjoy pulling orders, but the managers made the job joyless. I was given an occurrence when I had to go home for having torn a hole in my boot on a pallet. I didn't want to be put in a situation where I could get injured for having insufficient PPE, but my managers insisted I work, I had to tell them I wasn't going to put myself at risk for having torn a hole in my boot, they thought I should continue working rather than them being concerned about my safety in the first place. In which case, if you're a good manager, rule #1 would be how can I keep my fellow employees safe. That situation turned me away from the job, and I quit soon after.
Pros
They gave out a couple free lunches which was good, I enjoyed the work and the pay was good.
Cons
The managers weren't concerned about employee safety or health, they just wanted the job done so they could go home.
Okay money ill people
Night Selector (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDApril 27, 2016
not a good environment overworked workers hardest job of company should have been paid more management is inconsiderate of personal problems spend all your life i that warehouse
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Managment
it like play chest table have to know move employe from one task to another,
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAApril 26, 2016
In this job is a learnig process every day was a challenge. Every single day we don't know how much work or order we are going to have and my job was determine how many people need to get those order on the time frame the same day. Very excited job and the relation with the coworker was great.. Great place to work and grown
Pros
Free lunches, production bonus, bonus attendance safety reward
Cons
time frame to complete a task
a typical day at work
forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Zebulon, NCApril 23, 2016
gave 14 years with little or no appreciation poor staff bad supervisors no discipline or follow up on procedures that were not being followed
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor management
The Chef Store
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 20, 2016
The opportunity to meet new people everyday and help each customer with their individual needs was more than exciting and worth coming to work everyday.
Pros
Meeting new people everyday
Cons
Dealing with corrupt vendors
Great place to work and grow
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 19, 2016
Teach and coach staff on quality and customer service
Day to day management operations to be successful
Ensure customer satisfaction
Pros
University
Cons
management allowance
excellent work place
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, NJApril 14, 2016
Good place to work . This company is now USFS I know nothing about this company except they were my competitors and I did my best to beat them and I did

Ask a question about working or interviewing at US Foods. Our community is ready to answer.