US Foods Employee Reviews

U.S. Foods
Audit Supervisor - Audit Services (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILOctober 27, 2017
U.S. Foods is a good company to work for. One of the biggest benefits of working with U.S. foods is that free food and coffee are provided to all employees. Small tokens of appreciation make a huge difference.
Needs improvement.
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAOctober 27, 2017
the company is undergoing a paradigm shift, switching from an emphasis on food to an emphasis on value added services. lots of turmoil in the process.
Amazing Place to work
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAOctober 26, 2017
Great place to work. Management what very knowledgeable of their business units. Understandable and empathetic if you had normal family issues. Benefits were great along with cost of living increases. The hardest part of the job was the holiday season but, the company would always make working even harder worth it by rewarding employees for the extra efforts. I moved from Accounting to Logistics and the transition was extremely smooth.
Pros
Free Lunches, Great health plans, Management cares about those working under them.
Cons
No cons for me
Physical and tough job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 26, 2017
Food service is a tough industry,but a rewarding job to have. Just know that the balance between work and your personal will not be there. Trailers are loading to get the most cases out that they can,some days are easier than others,and some days makes you want to quit....very do-able job though.
Pros
great pay and chances for advancement down the road
Cons
physical and bad for your body and personal life
Fast paced Extremely Competitive Sales Environment
Sales (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCOctober 25, 2017
Extremely competitive
Tough work/life balance since it is a high customer service job
No salary so if you lose an account due to no fault of your own its up to your company to supplement your pay if they are willing
Management never discussed upward mobility or advancement with top performing reps who were interested in promotion
Constant out of stocks or mispicks that sales people had to fix on their own dime
not worth it
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 25, 2017
no I was there and then I left, I thought it was a great move I was wrong.I moved on and thought that i could make something better, I was close i'm still working on it! I have been in the food service business, my entire adult life!
Pros
great comp-any
Cons
been there
very fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTOctober 25, 2017
management was great. very fast paces you meet a lot of different people everyday. most hard part of my job was making sure you go over everytjhing to make suer all your billing are righ
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 25, 2017
My supervisor is a very understanding and fair person to work for. He will work with u,when u need time off or something unexpected comes up. I enjoyed work there.
Good product line and COP
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAOctober 24, 2017
When I left Sysco to work at US foods, a week later an announcment was made that they were being acquired by Sysco my former employer for 12 years.
It was a very difficult environment to work in from then on both for me and my customer base as you can understand and about three months later I searched other opportunities for me and my family.
Pros
Cop
Cons
Difficult sales and reporting sytems. Hard to track and time consuming.
productive and fun learned alot about food
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVOctober 24, 2017
it was a fun experience learning how to cook foods properly and how to sell . Most chefs don't know a lot about how to cook properly and made me feel good about helping them.

Want to know more about US Foods?

Ask a question
Very long work hours
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Wixom, MIOctober 24, 2017
Very long work hours contribute to poor work life Balance. Productivity standards are challenging but obtainable. Pay and Benefits are very compentative.
Challenging job
Human Resource Coordinator/ Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 23, 2017
I enjoyed the challenges of my job and US Foods. It took a while to get use to the workplace culture but it challenged me to grow. I gained valuable experience in helping with recruiting.
Fast paced work environment
Night Selector (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNOctober 22, 2017
Good job with great pay and benefits, the other workers can be A bit impatient with new hires at times but are otherwise nice and helpful. Performance is measured in percentages.
Pros
High pay, great benefits, frequent bonuses for good performance
Cons
The other workers can be impatient with new hires which adds pressure, over night shifts make it tough to schedule time with family, don't get home until 4am almost every night
Used to be a great place to work
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 19, 2017
Every day has challenges, unfortunately the left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing, due to growing pains. If you like to work 7 days a week, this is the job for you.
Benefits
Cons
No life balance
A wonderful company
Shipper Receiver (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 19, 2017
Great environment , great people, fair in pay and respect of where you would like to be placed and most importantly that I feel was great the people in higher places make it a weekly thing to come down and meet and greet with the warehouse workers and know us all by name.
Good company to work for!
Warehouse Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAOctober 18, 2017
A good company to work for. Pretty cool warehouse job, they have nice raises and benefits. Its a fast pace environment but fun. Ok management and potential growth.
Long shifts poor worklife balance
Night Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 18, 2017
Very long work hours contribute to poor work life Balance. Productivity standards are challenging but obtainable. Poor cooperation between department. Pay and Benefits arevery compentative.
Great company to work for and with.
On-Line Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 18, 2017
The best part of my job was two days were seldom alike. During my career I reported to the VP of Sales, the National Accounts VP, and started in IT as a keypunch operator. My typical day in the office was
running reports, fielding calls from customers, or rolling out a new version of one of our programs. I was very seldom in the office due to business trips to train customers from the panhandle of Florida to the top of Alabama. My managers allowed me to schedule my own trips unless there was something special happening. Assisting other divisions with their customer training and presentations was also a learning experience.
I was lucky enough to have a position that provided an atmosphere to learn from each other, and when training customers, I always learned something. They shared their new operating system or taught me some new way to do something. The programs US. Foods had helped our customers to be more efficient and profitable in their facility, whether it was a healthcare, a school, or a white tablecloth restaurant.
The hardest part of the job was trying to schedule customers in the same area and judging the time it would take to train. Everyone learns at a different pace.
My favorite part of the job was having the privilege to meet so many people.
Pros
Food Shows with all the vendors and customers.
Cons
Restructuring caused my job to dissolve, but I was retirement age.
Everyone was treated like family
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNOctober 17, 2017
Very nice place to work at it was like family. On lunch they cook and food was half price, not mention the food was great in tasting. Every things was charm everyone I work with and people I serve as their rep.
Pros
2 weeks paid vacation
Cons
Hated I had to leave
you'll need to take antidepressants
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Duncansville, PAOctober 17, 2017
everything about this job is no good. EVERYTHING!!!! well you do get a paycheck once a week. that's the only thing good. It's no wonder they are always hiring.
Pros
ummm, well, there isnt any
Cons
management, working conditions, wont listen to new ideas

Ask a question about working or interviewing at US Foods. Our community is ready to answer.