US Foods

US Foods Employee Reviews

fun company
Manager, FSQA Analytics (Current Employee), Rosemont, ILOctober 7, 2014
Good, smart, talented coworkers. Fair HR Department, good pay and benefits.
productive compony
Inventory/Receiving /Laborer (Former Employee), Fishers, INOctober 3, 2014
productive workplace great people i got to meet truck drivers. the hardest part of my job was being in the freezer all day but the pay was good
Corporate Communications Specialist (Current Employee), Rosemont, ILOctober 2, 2014
The best company I have worked for so far. It offers a great work/ life balance with the best job culture.
Good people, Management needs a lot of help
Manager (Former Employee), Rosemont, ILOctober 1, 2014
Pros: good systems and they offer an excellent training program for most levels within the organization.
Cons: no existant work life balance, management, pay
First and foremost i will say that US Foods was supposed to be my last stop on the career path, unfortunately or fortunately it did not work out that way. Management is a tightly knit group with most coming from 2 "other" large organizations, albeit at a lower level at their previous employers. Central replenishment is a great idea and if you can make it work provides multiple competitive advantages however you need the right people to make something like this work. There is alot of good people there and as with most organization, some not so good. Be prepared to deal with alot of babysitting, backstabbing and the everyone "out for themsleves mentality", especially in replenishment.
Tampa Division is terrible!
Selector (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: vending machines work
Cons: everything else
I have years of experience in distribution and I have to say that US Foods tampa is ran by a bunch of selfish, greedy, non caring hypocrites for management. Their pay system is on performance and u can make up to 22 hr but that is impossible to achieve because they have placed a system where they can brag about how much they pay their employees but make it impossible to reach. And if u somehow do throw 20,000 cases in one week, 5 errors knock u down to 13.00!! That's 5 errors out of 20,000! They have no respect and talk down to their employees like their kids and they preach respect and dignity but it's them that lack it. Communication is awful, good luck calling off for an emergency. They have 4 supervisors and 1 manager and none of them pick up their phone. Its just sooo many things wrong with this warehouse even the HR manager is useless. Look elsewhere, I'm bailing out like a few former employers have. This job is way too stressful if your a selector. Apply for something else.
If you do apply, I'll pray for you.
union job
Warehouse Associate/Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Bensenville, ILSeptember 29, 2014
Company was just bought out for the 7th time in the 39 years I worked there. Union job with only advancement through seniority.
Great Company
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Port Orange, FLSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: enjoyed my job
Cons: n/a
New biz development

Sales/maketing

Managing profits

Budget accountability
Fun Place to Work and Great People to Work With
TRANSPORTATION MANAGER (Former Employee), Fife, WASeptember 29, 2014
I spent the bulk of my adult career with US Foods. I am very grateful for the opportunities that were presented to me and the invaluable relationships and work ethic that I was part of my every day.
Supportive and rewarding environment.
Healthcare Accounts Manager (Current Employee), Fishers, INSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: sales education is excellent!
Cons: work / life balance needs adjustment.
US Foods has been a wonderful experience for me. I have had the opportunity to grow and flourish in a positive atmosphere focused on success. It is with great regret that I am leaving the company but there are no available opening in the area in which I am relocating.
Fast pace and constantly moving
Order Picker (Former Employee), Manassas, VASeptember 22, 2014
Begins in the evening stops when all work is done

How to read mpn codes and match those codes to outgoing products

management is superb

Co-workers are real go getters

Trying to match the speed of co-workers and learning the proper way to stack your products is difficult at first

Benefits and lots of paid time off
Driver Delivery for food distributor
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee), Perth Amboy, NJSeptember 22, 2014
Typical day consists of driving and delivery of food. Learned how to travel tri-state area.
very fast pace enviroment
Selector (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: great pay and keeps u fit
Cons: the unrealistic goal time and pay deduction and poor managament
a typical day at us food tampa is always to expect to work unbelievably hard to get that 100% as a selector. there system is messed up where you can throw 2000 cases for a night and your fellow coworker 1500 cases a night and could end up with a higher percent than you. management in the night are horrible they will tell you that there to help you succeed thats not true ,they dont really value there employees, very unorganize. co workers were great to work with but extremly low morals due to very poor management and pay deduction from mispicks and left in slots they cant prove. the hardest part of the job is keeping your job! turn over rate is very high due to unrealistic selection goal times making extremely hard for you to keep your percentage above 100%. the enjoyable part of the job is the pay check thats what kept me holding on
work your fanny off to meet productivity standard
Night selector (Former Employee), streator ilSeptember 15, 2014
Cons: not enough help
Do not apply at this company they will work you 40 hr and not give you any benefits. I. Worked at this facility for approx 1 yr or better didn't want to make me full time went out found another job much happier now all they worry about is productivity standard which I was meeting every week . Still nothing place is probably going to close when sysco takes over go somewhere else it's a joke
great people to work with in our warehouse
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Zebulon, NCSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: great pay--retirement--good management
Cons: 24 hr a day job
I worked my on weekly schedule. Reviewed sales for each of my sales people. Put together sales plans for anyone not meeting sales budget.
Not just another grocery store
Stocker (Current Employee), Columbia, SCSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: free food on demo days or if customers brought it in. good pay, good customers.
Cons: not enough workers
It has its good days and bad days. Depending on how many customers you get. Not enough employees and that adds a lot of stress to your day. Employees are good to work with and the customers are mostly pleasant people to be around. Management could use some help.
great place to work
Order Picker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHSeptember 11, 2014
we started with a meeting each day before beginning shift ,it felt like family hardest thing was the cold ,
Loved the benefits and night warehouse
Data entry (Former Employee), Lexington, SCSeptember 5, 2014
When I worked in the warehouse, I loved my job and of the money. Although, being a single mother it was hard @ home and didnt spend alot of time with my children because of the hours I worked. Working in the office helped at home, but you always had reasons to keep looking over your shoulders even when you were doing your job. Getting ahead here depended on who you knew and not what you knew.
Unique work place
Contract Coordinator (Former Employee), Fairburn, GASeptember 5, 2014
A typical day at work, extremely busy, fast past environment.

The hardest part of the job is keeping up with all of the special daily reports.

Co-workers were friendly & helpful
A great diverse working environment. It is unfortunate that it was acquired, which will likely lead to change.
Legal Intern (Former Employee), Rosemont, ILAugust 20, 2014
A diverse working environment with management dedicated to the success of each individual if they demonstrate hard work and involvement.
Lots of opportunity to improve finance
CFO USF Merchandising (Current Employee), Rosemont, ILAugust 18, 2014
Pros: location to chicago, opportunities to make an improvement
Cons: micro management, deep into the details
Most of company has been on a transformational journey for the past four years and finance has just begun.

The company will be merged with Sysco in October 2014 and HQ will be located in Houston, TX.

US Foods Salaries