US Foods

US Foods Employer Reviews

Great Organization
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Rosemont, ILJuly 7, 2014
Very steady career, room for growth in certain divisions.Has an awesome benefit plan/work-life balance.
Great food people and a positive work environment.
Territory Manager (Current Employee), Fort Mill, SCJuly 1, 2014
Pros: continuing eduacation on the ever changing market.
Cons: poor work/family balance
The best in Food is not just a saying but a way of life in this company.
Fortune 500 Company
Transportation/Operations Administrator (Current Employee), West Chester, OHJune 17, 2014
Great place to work. Excellent management and operations. Decent wages for the work required and benefits.
Credentialing Clerk (Former Employee), Fairburn GaJune 16, 2014
Pros: no supervisoin needed
Cons: very noisy from the plains landing behind the building
from the first day to the last I was treated like family. still miss them.
Always Respected for your Accomplishments
Territory Manager (Current Employee), Fort Mill, SCJune 14, 2014
There is always enough training to do a better job daily, the opportunity for knowledge is endless.
started off good but now going downhill
delivery driver (Former Employee), montgomery, alJune 5, 2014
Pros: go pay
Cons: double work, poor management and unloading truck by hand and scanning every product in all types of weather
Nice place to work if you like to be on disability before you 50 . you going to work your butt off and be to tired to have any family time and when you take your 10 hrs off duty time you going to get just that 10 hrs. That's to drive home do any work around the house, eat, get ready for tomorrow (which give you about 6 hrs to sleep or less) get up in – more... the morning get ready and drive to work . They route u any kind of way(lot of back tracking, delivering 20 miles off route only to finish up where you started) loading crew just throw stuff on the truck any kind of way (lot of time take 20 mins to find 2 cases) and to many people in office never driving a truck . and too much double working cause everyone else taking short cuts . truck also have camera no phone, drinking or eating you have to pull over and learn how to drive they think a 48 ft trailer can go any place to deliver – less
Selector (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 22, 2014
Pros: free lunch, employee contest giveaways, great people.
Cons: the required 5 day overtime months can wear even the strongest of characters!
Job is definitely productive and have many areas of advancement or selections of job titles to consider. Management from my experience were very easy to talk to and even hangout with outside of work. Now the long work nights are the major pain but its always nice to have overtime; just not all the time!!! The jobs perks and employees made the job enjoyable! – more... loved this job. – less
Excellent Company
Price Audit Analyst/ Contracts Analyst (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 13, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: department management
Great company, opportunity for advancement, above average salary
Working out in the gym
Driver Helper (Current Employee), Norcross, GAMay 7, 2014
Pros: like working out in the gym
Cons: no benefits
Very fast paced,Work very hard,get the job done.Getting the food off the truck go down the ramp make sure,It's no damaged items on the pallets make sure all customers are satisfied with their order.
Fast Paced and Exciting
Contract Management - Lead (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 28, 2014
Pros: great team, lots of free food and perks.
Cons: pending buy out by sysco and uncertain future for the la mirada us foods location.
The typical day begins by directing the pending work flow to the coordinators within the department to ensure proper prioritization and completion of the work. Run a variety of reports to confirm pricing on special orders, finding items that went out with pricing below cost and taking corrective action. Checking and adjusting the commodity bank balances – more... for the K12 programs. Researching and running reports to determine credits and debits that need to be done to resolve vendor disputes. Supporting outside sales via email or phone to assist in getting special pricing set up and much more depending on the issues that arise. – less
management sucks and have no problem railroading employes that think for them selfs
driver (Former Employee), tucson. azApril 23, 2014
Pros: money if you want to work hard
Cons: pretty much everything else
the good is if you like to work hard you can make some money. but if you want to think for yourself, its not the place to be. you will be treated like garbage, called at all ungodly times in the night. even when they know your asleep, or your out of town, you will hardly get to see your family and to top it all off, after you get done working like a – more... dog. you will get nothing, not even a good job, thanks for helping us out, – less
Good company
Data Analyst (Current Employee), Rosemont, ILApril 21, 2014
US Foods is one of the USA’s leading distributors. With nearly $19 billion in annual revenue, US Foods is the 10th largest private company in America. Good environment.
Great work life balance
Contract Supervisor (Former Employee), Oklahoma City OKApril 20, 2014
Great work life balance , pay and benefits. Incentives and advancement opportunities were exceptional
IT WAS GREAT PLACE TO WORK.TREATED GREAT.
receptionist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 20, 2014
Pros: hour lunch, free tea or coffee.
Cons: na
IT WAS LIKE FAMILEY. I ENJOYED GOING TO WORK. WE HAD A LOT OF POT LUCKS.I ENJOYED WORKING WITH CUSTOMERS. I ANSWERED THE PHONES STARTING 800AM UNTILL5PM.LEARNED ALOT ABOUT COMPUTERS,HOW TO TAKE ORDERS TRANSFER CALLS TO CORECT OFFICES. THE HARDEST PART WAS WHEN THE FALCILITY CLOSED.
Co workers make this company
purchasing/sales (Current Employee), Wixom, MIApril 16, 2014
Pros: great co workers
Cons: contantly micro managed by corporate
I love the fact that they look to promote within. If you are a good employee you will get promoted.
Was a Great company was the worst mistake I ever made leaving
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Ormond Beach FloridaApril 10, 2014
Pros: great company
Cons: did not have any
Great company benefits and work life. Was my own boss If you made sales you were left alone. If you did not you were not left alone. My boss was a good man. I hated to leave but was offered double the money to go somewhere else whis I would have stayed.
Great money
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 7, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: long hours, no life, us foods
The work environment is great. I had a great boss so it made my job easier. As long as I was opening accounts and making money, I wasn't bothered. The work life balance was far off. I was unable to enjoy the money I made.
fun place but no work-life balance
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TxApril 5, 2014
fun place to work but to many hours, management very supportive, high pressure environment
Fast paced good benefits and pay
Warehouse Selector (Former Employee), West Chester, OHApril 4, 2014
Better eat your wheaties! Its a cool job but you are subject to injury mainly due to lack of sleep and/or poor lifting tech. Lot of heavy boxes from 1 to 100 lbs.
Sold to Sysco Foods
Account Executive - Outside Sales (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 2, 2014
Sysco bought US and it is being absorbed. Great co-workers, good line of products, warehouse crew is awesome, drivers are awesome, inside sales people work very hard.