US Foods Employee Reviews

Found 1,053 reviews matching the search
Excellent Company to work for
Vendor Administrator (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 14, 2017
I enjoyed my time with Day And Zimmermann/Yoh Company. I enjoyed the people, the supervisors and managers. I enjoyed the environment. I enjoyed the flexible schedule, the ability to advance and the ability to speak freely. The hardest part of the job was being overlooked for advancement for someone who didn't know the job as well as me but had experience in an area that I did not. Other than that it was a great place to work.
Overall not worth it.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTSeptember 17, 2016
The pay is good but not even worth what they put you through. Will take a dedicated, hard, honest, happy worker and put them through he$& and turn them miserable. Your body will be put through he$&, working long hours, coming home exhausted not even able to focus on your family by the time you're home. Things like telling you that you're vacation was approved then 3 days before you leave telling you nevermind. Warehouse needs to get there stuff together, routing is horrible. Theyll tell you to go in for your shift at 3 am and not even leave the plant till 6:30 due to warehouse being so slow then the bosses yell at you that you're behind when THEY got you out of the plant 3 and a half hours late. Happened atleast twice a week. Upper management could not care any less. If you need to talk to them it takes forever and they don't take care of it, they dont care about a single employee it's just about money to them. They don't hesitate to fire anyone, not even a write up just fired. Got out of the truck to figure out which door the owner of a restaurant wanted me to deliver to, got back in backed the truck up (all while in a parking lot) to that door. 3 months later was called in to the officed and fired for not putting seat belt back on just to back up 150 feet. Had NO idea just left cut and dry with no warning, two weeks before my baby was due. All around the job isn't worth putting yourself or your family through.
Pros
Pay. Insurance is pretty good.
Cons
Pay should be more for what you're put through.
Good pay, good crew just was few issues I had with upper management
Selector (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GAFebruary 2, 2017
Pretty good job to have. Good pay work hours wasn't that long . Management tho would turn a blind eye to certain selectors breaking company policy.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No short runner
A place to use talents
Salesman/Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 12, 2017
A creative place to use Food Service experience in selling food & non-food products to customers.
Training programs fare on going, teaches you to utilize modern technologies: phone, lap top etc.
Daily typical day contact 10 customers in person of by phone.
Daily interaction with direct report management.
Work out of your car all the time.
Driving time to see customers.
Quality of life home by 7 pm.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Job related items not reimbursed
Buddy system
Selector (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJanuary 18, 2017
There is a high amount of the buddy system in the management area. Also, with working with food the sick leave is not up to par. Sick employees are forced to come in or be pointed and fired
Was like working for a cult
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Wixom, MIFebruary 2, 2017
This was one of the longest 3 and 1/2 years in my career as a food sales rep. The upper management there was unbelievable rude and nasty. You were just a number that was easily to be replaced.
Excellent place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 16, 2016
Awesome company to work with. Time management is used wisely. Great co-workers. Work Life balance, Benefits are very good. Typical day keep one busy.
Benefits
Cons
Company not what it use to be
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 16, 2016
The people are great, the corporate windmill however is in full control and dictates everything. Directly before, during, and even after Sysco's failed acquisition of USF, the company got in it's own head and got away from what they had done so well, and that is treating their people with respect and appreciation. Took me leaving to realize just how bad it was. Gave me my opportunity and am grateful, but never looking back. A shame too, because it use to be a company many people envied.
Pros
Marketing, peers, compensation
Cons
Corrupt, desperate, immoral
Good money bad managment
Order Selector fork lift (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 19, 2016
Overall its a good company. And also give alot back to there employees and also alot of vacation time but management was very poor lack of leadership always where unfair to certain people
Pros
Good money
Cons
Short breaks and attandance policiy to strict
No work/life balance
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, LANovember 15, 2016
Absolutely no work/life balance. Work at least 6 days a week and late every night. management provides no assistance outside of main office area.
Pros
Can be fun at times.
Cons
No help for outlying territorymanagers.

Want to know more about US Foods?

Ask a question
Productive very fun
Warehouse Specialist / Night Frozen Food Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 5, 2016
Best place worked, Treated all employee great, Great benefits across the board. Plenty of opportunities to advance. When the company moved they made sure everyone was taken care of.
Terrible company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALFebruary 3, 2017
Worked short time in Decatur supervisor was awful was yelled at and cussed at numerous times while in training worked similar jobs for years never any problems was let go after scheduling doctors appointment and approved then called at 9 o'clock night before and told be at work or fired loads awful routes terrible good money but treated bad
Pros
Cons
Most of job
it pays good but the work is hard and the management is even harder to deal with
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  MSFebruary 22, 2017
Over all its a good job the money is good but the work gets old after a while.Its a fair place to work it takes a long while to move up people do not leave often after a certain point.
Pros
Money
Cons
management is hard to deal with tells you one thing does another you do not get much respect
Sad to see a company go down hill so fast!!
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 7, 2017
A very toxic work environment! You are just a number here. You don't get paid for the job you do....You get paid for the stupid you put up with!! Downsizing is going to kill them. It's all how much can we make for corporate! Run as fast as you can!!
Pros
Money's good because you put in so much overtime. stupid makes you money!
Cons
Horrible management, dangerous equipment. turnover rate is about 80%
great workplace with alot of good people..
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMay 5, 2016
like going to football practice..learned how to stack at a fast pace.management makes you want to work..encouraging employees.and great job security.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
pay
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KS 66618May 2, 2016
Great pay, easy work, discounts on food products. If you had a set route it was pretty easy, but sometimes you would be sent somewhere that you had never been which made it tricky. Thank you google maps. If you can find the dumpster, you can find the kitchen door. Everyone was easy to get along with. The health benefits were ok (BCBS). No complaints.
Fast pace environment, Communication issue
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNFebruary 25, 2017
I learned a lot while I was there: dealing with people in general. They have a primitive technology. Some co-workers are unwilling to learn a new way to be productive. Communication disparages from top to bottom.
Pros
Fast pace
Cons
long hours of work every day
Co-workers are very fun to work with.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 25, 2016
Great place to work. Good new equipment. Management is good now used very bad. Loved to deal with co-workers. The hardest part of the job was unloading the trucks.
Pros
Great pay
This company sucks
Driver portland (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 11, 2016
I work for us foods portland.... unfortunately. The trans supervisor for that area is a complete liar. I was promised wages that after being hired they reniged on. I was promised lots of work and that never happened. This place will lie right to your face to get you onboard and then stab you in the back after being hired. The working conditions are unsafe. The loads inside the trailer are a complete disaster. Pallets of food poorly built and not stable or secure. Boxes of food fall on you and at you when opening doors to the trailer. The management in this place is a complete and utter joke. There is no common sense or intelligence and is poorly managed, thats why sysco and fsa dominate the northwest because us foods has treated their workers horribly and their customers as well because of their dysfunctional and inept abilities. Bottom line for anyone thinking of applying here: DONT!!!! Corporate needs to come in a complete clean house from the general manager to all supervisors both wharehouse and trans and put people in who have intelligence and common sense.
Pros
Cons
Read my review
Non productive
Selector (Former Employee) –  Port OrangeNovember 30, 2016
After interviewing for the job I realized I was the wrong color. They only hire people far less qualified that way the boss always looks good. It's job security for management to keep the door revoling.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at US Foods. Our community is ready to answer.