US Foods Employee Reviews in United States

driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAFebruary 28, 2016
I would drive to restaurants delivering food. wheel 1000 + cases of food off of a tractor trailer truck with a dolly everyday.
great place to work
forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 23, 2016
I was able to work my way from a selector on night thru the ranks, Forklift operator, Cherry Picker operator up to Leadman. From there worked in the computer department. I topped out on the pay scale no raise for 4 years,
Good pay and benefits. Needs to resolve warehouse problems. Needs to have better routing.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARFebruary 23, 2016
Great paying job with good benefits. I have never NOT had a raise every year. If you are loyal, you will be shown grace, but also will be used more. Drivers work 4 days a week normally. The exceptions to that is if drivers are short. Home daily, no weekends. The 4 days you work will be anywhere from 11-16 hours with more 12 to 13hrs pr day generally. Exceed rules of DOT. (no hands free devices can be used)
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Long hours, inconsistent routes, job is harder because of continuing inept warehouse, Company exceeds DOT rules in some areas (Over reaching), Company is a corp. it is PC= such as No Christmas party etc., (one example: Has had decorations for Easter, but crosses were not allowed in display.)

Comment – March 24, 2016

If your a driver looking for work at this particular division, I would keep searching. It's horrible right now.

Progressive organization in a low margin environment
DIRECTOR INDIRECT SOURCING (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 22, 2016
Food. Food People. Easy

Outside of the corporate office there is little opportunity to grow your career in a professional manner.
Productive and fuN
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJFebruary 21, 2016
Good company can make a lot of money co workers are fun but Management is horrible. They only care for you to bring there products out to there accounts to them your a number simple but overall you just got to get your work done to get home early.
Pros
bonus
Cons
no breaks hard work
Exciting retail environment but limited advancement/promotion
Front End Lead (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 20, 2016
Would come in early in the morning to prepare the store for business day. High amount of cash handling everyday. Management was great, although some issues with them favoring certain employees over others. Difficult part of job was dealing with upset/incompetent customers who would never be satisfied.
Also management would share information with certain employees and not others. Enjoyed most working with the team and majority of the customers were very pleasant and a joy to serve.
Pros
Great work like balance.
Cons
Limited advancement and promotions
Sales driven work place leading in food service consulting
Sales Coordinator/ Will Call Clerk (Current Employee) –  Wixom, MIFebruary 16, 2016
An average work day consisted of processing information for the out side sales force, including; researching new and existing products, submitting credit requests for product discrepancies, and providing logistics reports. On occasion you would be required to cover a sales route in which you would contact customers to place their orders for delivery.

It is very exciting to work in food distribution because you work closely with a majority of the local restaurants. With multiple chefs on site you get to experience new food trends before they hit the restaurants.
Pros
Always on top of the latest food trends and best local restaurants.
Cons
Not a lot of opportunity for advancement unless you are interested in sales
Good Workplace
Staff Accountant II (Financial Accountant) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 15, 2016
Good Workplace, Going through changes at the moment. They have a good leadership team that wants the best for its employees.
productive
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 11, 2016
Us Foods was a high energy level work place so i learned to balance my off duty time to insure i was well rested to complete the task at hand.
Forklift Driver/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAFebruary 9, 2016
Good place to work. hours vary. Easy compared to other similar jobs. Long drive/ lots of traffic if you don't live over the hill.
Very Professional and Current
Territory Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 9, 2016
Well organized company...
Good structure...
Great benefits...

Selling food is a very competitive. US Foods gives all the tools one needs to succeed. Very fair pay and benefits.
Good Benifits
Maintenance Lead (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 5, 2016
Good Benefits but not very personable. It is not a very family friendly company to work for. Other than that it isnt a bad place to work.
Too much
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INFebruary 4, 2016
Each CSR was given accounts to handle. I was given 400 and no help. Management too busy helping others who has less work. No availability to move up, because I could apply but never choosen.
good pay safe place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALFebruary 3, 2016
Long and good. How to be a better supervisor. All good people. Working night. The good people I work with and work for. For all championships games we got to watch and the company pervade food for us.
I was able to learn a lot in different departments, I was able to meet a lot of customers and vendors
National Accts Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTFebruary 3, 2016
I would help any customer that needed same day delivery, or coordinate the next available delivery (depending on location), I would review customer's orders and make sure all store locations had their order in on time to ensure we provided products needed. I needed to ensure any promotional items were available and delivered on time to each store location. We also provided help on our company's food shows and got to meet different vendors that would show new product lines. Great co-worker's and I did enjoy working and learning with some of the management team.
Pros
Free lunche's
Cons
Pay raises didn't happen often
Decent place, but bad training.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Columbia SCFebruary 3, 2016
No training, coworkers kept walking away when I had an question. One Manager didn't introduce himself. Very bad experience
Good Place to work with excellent management
Senior Pricing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 2, 2016
I grew an an individual since joining US Foods in 1992. I have had several supervisor who helped my growth and who made it a joy to work for this company. Over the course of the past few years the company has started to streamline some processes ,while there may still be opportunity for me to remain with this Great American Food Company, I wanted to explore other opportunities in the market at this time.
Pros
Benefits, pay, great people
Cons
ever changing structure in recent years.
Great work place
Local Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 1, 2016
Was a great place to work. Great hours and lots of overtime. Lots of room to grow within the company. Was just a far commute. Delivered food to restaurant thru out San Diego County
turn and run away as fast as you can
"B" Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCJanuary 29, 2016
They want you to do things in half the time it should take you. They want you to approve to run trucks and trailers that shouldn't be on the road. The company hires 20 people every week to get one person to stay and work. Run away as fast as you can.
Pros
can't think of one
Cons
their motto "everyone can be replaced"
Great Company to work for
Inventory Control / Driver Check-in Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCJanuary 26, 2016
An average day begins with a smile and ends with exhaustion, you are not pushed beyond your limits you are just to the edge. The management and company philosophy are always for the best of the customers and the company. Being that US Foods is on the cutting edge of the food industry there is not very many days that they are closed.