US Foodservice

US Foodservice Employer Reviews

Good working environment
Assistant SPL Coordinators (Former Employee), Columbia, MDJuly 18, 2014
It was a pleasant working experience. It was somehow friendly working environment, except for some issues that I did have.
US Foods was a great company to work with and learn
Buyer (Former Employee), Plymouth, mnJuly 17, 2014
Pros: it was a very busy job all the time
Cons: i was expected to return all emails and voicemails same day. i received an average of 650 per week
I would go in and check inventories according to the computer system. I placed all my orders by 10am. I also checked through all the DQ products, checked shelf life and ordered accordingly
Management and co workers were great there. They were always willing to lend a hand.
The hardest part of the job was traveling to other branches and training buyers – more... on the the US system while maintaining my purchasing duties.
The most enjoyable was training buyers around the country on the US system – less
A workplace that is fun and productive
Order Puller (Former Employee), garland, texasJuly 16, 2014
Everyday at US Foodservice brings a different but exciting day. I got the opportunity to learn how to operate a electric pallet jack, and forklift
I loved my job here; I learned many new skills
Order Selector/Loader (Former Employee), Salem, VAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: money was good
Cons: poor work/life/family balance
I loved working here because there were many rewards to meeting productivity goals. I learned many new skills and was challenged to always do better. The down side is the odd hours - 6pm to whenever - 2, 3, 4 in the morning. couldn't see my kids except for an hour in the afternoon after school.
Wonderful place to work
Warehouse Worker - Dry & Freezer (Former Employee), Garland, TXJuly 8, 2014
Pros: feed staff on holidays
Cons: n/a
Enjoyed working 13 yrs at this company.
Excellent benefits
Good Management
Great HR staff
food wholesaler
accounting (Former Employee), buffalo, nyJune 27, 2014
worked in many divisions , order processing data processing, accounting, good company
productive company with good recreations for employees
night warhouse mgr (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXJune 25, 2014
Pros: great benifits
Cons: working holidays
Good company to work for until outside HR took over and it was down hill from there.
Review
Territory Manager (Former Employee), San Clemente, CAJune 24, 2014
Foodservice Distribution is their function but customer service is their passion! Great company to work with and to buy from!
Was proud to work for this company
National Accounts Credit and Collection (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 4, 2014
Pros: no micro-managing
Cons: long commute
Great process and structure
Above average salary
Great IT Department
Plenty of tools to do your job well
Management is above average
Good benefits overall
Decent place to work
Vendor Administrator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 3, 2014
Pros: people are great to work with
Cons: management is inconsisitant, unfriendly
Management is very inconsistant and treats people differently. You don't get anywhere unless you know someone
great employer
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Buckeye, AZMay 24, 2014
Pros: the people there
Cons: driving
I was a sales person and had to drive a lot. After a close call driving i decided that it was going to kill me one day.
Fun place to work!
Purchasing Assistant & Inside Sales (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLMay 5, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, team players, benefits and fun atmosphere.
Cons: there really weren't any.
I first learned how to be a purchasing assistant here. I enjoyed all that it took to make sure pricing, accuracy and deadlines were met. I enjoyed completing the whole cycle of assisting the buyers. Prior to being transferred to this position I enjoyed my inside sales position in forming and maintaining customer relationships. We had great work parties. – more... Management was very fair. – less
Enjoyable place to work- great coworkers
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee), Severn, MDApril 30, 2014
Pros: nice work atnosphere
Cons: company moved out of area
receive monies from salesman, drivers and mail, make up deposit slips and apply monies to customers accounts. File invoices and issue credits to customers
Professional work environment with professionals who carries about success.
Director of Procurement (Former Employee), Ogden, UTApril 26, 2014
Pros: easy company to work for.
Cons: overall few cons management's lack of experience.
work included meeting with a number if vendors and working with corporate to meet the direction provided by national headquarters.

Co workers assisted in replenishment of products and supplies to assist sales in filling customer requests. most part professional carrying buyers with strong ability to succeed.

Management was weak a number of senior – more... staff was replaced and companies VP of sales seem to have an agenda that did not reflect the overall goals for the company. Made it tough to fulfill the request of sales for correct product mix.

Hardest part of the job was ending long term profitable vendor relationships directed by corporate. It was understandable yet no consideration was given to these loyal suppliers.

Success in seeing a new rep become successful due to training we provided and the attention to detail we provided the customer. – less
overall good job
Order Selector (Former Employee), Greensburg, PAApril 15, 2014
Pros: incentive system
Cons: hard work
Hard work, but you are compensated fairly. Incentive system so, the harder you work, the more money you make. Get paid sick, personal, and vacation days. Very good job if you are a night owl.
good place to work until they closed the facility
Leadman, Forklift operator, Warehouseman (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 15, 2014
Pros: everything except the management in 2005 to 2007
Cons: old building, facility closed in 2007
good management for 20 of 23 yrs. I was there. Decent equipment. good chance for advancement.
fun place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Suffield, CTApril 14, 2014
Pros: free lunch an a 4 day work week
Cons: jus one break through out the day
this job was fun an competitive with great benefits , great staff all the supervisors were there to assist at any time
Wonderful Place to Work For
Contract Coordinator (Current Employee), Allentown, PAApril 11, 2014
Little supervision, but you can always count on your supervisor for support.
Fast pace and high productivity
Warehouse Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee), Hurricane, WV.March 23, 2014
Pros: the pay and the vacation time was good.
Cons: medical cost and promotions.
The warehouse is typically driven by receiving and shipping in food distribution. There are many aspects of sanitation involved in all areas of warehouse cleanliness. The areas consist of dry,cooler and freezer. There are SOP's and GMP's in place that have guidelines.

The 29 years that I have been there has given me experience in all warehouse distribution – more... knowledge.

The last 14 years of my tenure was spent in management.

The greatest asset to a company's success is their talented people.

When it comes to warehouse distribution success, hard work and experience go hand-in-hand.

The greatest filling is seeing most if not all of everybody's hard work and dedication become a reality at the end of every day. – less
One of the best companies to work for.
Accounts Receivable Agent (Former Employee), Severn, MDMarch 14, 2014
Pros: great people.
Cons: none.
Learned a lot about the food distribution industry. Typical day is busy but enjoyable.

1 2 3 4 5