US General Services Administration Employee Reviews

Good work environment
Mechanical Inspector (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC 20407January 19, 2018
A typical day at work is pretty smooth sometimes.But in my field its always something different happening. I cant say that I have a hard part at my job. Because I am ready and mentally prepared everyday. The most enjoyable part of my job is just meeting and interacting with different cultures.And to see how I make sure that the contractors keep my building running properly
Amazing Government Agency
Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 13, 2018
This government agency was goal oriented with hard working employees willing to go the extra mile to get the job done. The culture was your were part of a family.
Agency is known for telework
Contract Specialist, GS (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 2, 2018
Agency is good for telework options. Training of new employees should be developed further than its current mandate. New employees don't see senior staff to be trained properly due to compressed work schedules or telework.
Pros
telework
Cons
training of staff
Federal agency with many programs
Don't wish to provide (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 30, 2017
I enjoyed my time working at GSA and met many interesting people and performed a variety of assignments across my career there. Great advancement potential.
Good place but slow moving
Building and Operations Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 4, 2017
Hard to get things done but overall good people and good place to work. They want people who are motivated but also there layers of management make it hard to get things done too.
Good
Contract Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 15, 2017
GSA is a good place to work. They provide good benefits and telework opportunities, which is a plus.

I would recommend anyone looking for stability to apply.
Federal Government
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 4, 2017
I worked as an administrative specialist with 80 plus employees. It was a very good learning experience.

The administrator I worked for was very knowledgeable and fair to all the employees.
Pros
Employees were very good to work with
Cons
Needed more support help
It is a good job
Supply Tech/Office Automation GS6 (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 30, 2017
GSA is a good agency to work for the employees and management are pleasant. It is a diversified and I enjoyed coming to work. The hardest part of the job was leaving. They support their employees make adjustments you can work from home they benefits and 401K packages are great
Gsa
Program Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 9, 2017
GSA is a great place to work. Work-Life balance there is great, they allow telework days. They also have an alternative work schedule(AWS), with that you work 8 nine hour days and 1 eight hour day, with a day off every 2 weeks.
Long-term employment with no opportunities for advancement
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 9, 2017
Workplace culture is poor. However, this agency provides long-term employment. You may have the opportunity to work from home two days a week. Nepotism is prevalent.
downtown location, flexible, and friendly people
Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 6, 2017
Competitive and flexible. I love the fact that I work from home 3 days out of the week. The working environment is great, clean air, and work space. The hardest part of my job is not being able to provide my customers with great results. This is because of what they present to me, and if information is missing, I am not able to assist. It delays the process, and we both become frustrated. the most enjoyable part of my job is to see everyone there, team work and working together to bring good end results. I consider my co workers like family because you see them everyday 5 days out of the week.
Pros
Telework from home, and the flexibility
Cons
Contract employee for 18 years, and I would love to become permanent
Unsung Government Agency
Senior Advisor (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCOctober 5, 2017
If you're looking for a multifaceted place to work - check out GSA. They handle everything from public buildings, to government acquisitions to technology... If you can't find a challenging job here - you didn't look hard enough.
Ineresting and rewarding work place.
Software Developer (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 3, 2017
I worked with a lot of great people and had some interesting tasks to do. It was an educational and fun environment. The office was in a nice location and was well equipped.
Pros
The people.
Cons
Sometimes slow decision making.
Government job
File Clerk/ Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 27, 2017
This was my first job and i was very excited about it. i was part time and if i hadn't started school i would still be employed there. I gad one of the best supervisor in the company.
DC, Senior Data Scientist (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCSeptember 22, 2017
Good place to work . Team oriented and Agile Methodology. Would Go back if there are any further opportunities.

Have all the cutting edge tools including expensive tools.
Great Experience
Information Technology student trainee (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 18, 2017
Great atmosphere fun and friendly people best place to learn and grow. If you like learning new things and meeting people this a great place to work.
Lots of Opportunity for Advancement
Realty Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 10, 2017
GSA offers lots of different jobs and opportunity for advancement. Like any federal workplace, it can be challenging due to lack of resources, difficulty firing unproductive employees, and shifts in direction based on reactions to external forces like congress.
My review
Information Resources Management Section (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 7, 2017
I began in the information resources management section. I transferred to the security department as a candidate for Police Officer. Upon graduation from the academy I served for several years. I was selected to be a candidate as a Career Intern for the position as Physical Security Specialist. Upon graduation form the Academy I was certified as a Physical Security Specialist.
Pros
Great Work Environment, Training possibilities
Cons
Federal Government, oftentimes dangerous
Great place to work if you get the right GS level
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2017
Can't think of a better agency to work for, but you have to come in at the right level or you'll be stuck waiting for years for the pay to reach your level.
High paced environment with strong learning Curve
Project Manager/Leasing Contract Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 2, 2017
This is a great job for someone who is looking to be an individual who is working independently with their projects to keeping up with their milestones and staying focused on pushing the project forward. This requires high project management skills and a work ethic to be extremely proactive rather than reactive. Great Benefits and great salary.
Pros
Great Benefits