US General Services Administration Employee Reviews

Great agency to work
Business Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 20, 2017
GSA is a great agency to work. Since it makes most of it s own money, it does not operate like a typical gov't agency. Most of it's staff are highly educated and motivated.
Manger (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 3, 2017
The GSA Office of Inspector General has an outstanding culture that encourages teamwork and innovation, while providing an environment wherein a good work-life balance can be maintained.
A great place to work
Special Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 26, 2017
Relaxed environment with great people who are enthused about serving their country. Hours are typically 8-10 hour days, but GSA encourages a healthy work/life balance.
Pros
Great Leadership, challenging work, great benefits
Cons
Changes in leadership with every new administration
Gsa company
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 21, 2017
Working on documents for the company, filing records taking minutes from meetings, prepare travel for staff, wish I had more training traveled with company once
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
Great environment
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 7, 2017
Work, life balance is encouraged.
Customer centered
Project/ program management skills necessary.
Culture is a lot of moving parts to keep up with.
Great work environment, treated well
Industrial Electrical Electronics Control Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 22, 2017
It was many years ago, great place to work but I had a long commute and had to change jobs. I was treated well, had advancement, respected family matters and pay was good.
Overall it was a fun work environment with very little stress.
Coustodial Inspector (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 5, 2017
A typical work day was securing a GSA vehicle and making a site visit to a GSA owned or leased facility to make sure that building maintenance and janitorial services were being met in a satisfactory manner. My co-workers and upper management staff were very supportive and I was able to meet and deal with people from all social economic backgrounds.
Pros
I was able to perform my duites with very little supervision.
Cons
At times I was unable to secure a vehicle when I had a site visit scheduled.
Great place to work. Great work life balance.
Congressional Liaison Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 23, 2016
Great place to work. Great work life balance. Provides a necessary purpose to the Federal Government. Good management.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 16, 2016
I enjoyed working for the Federal Government. Great people and benefits. I recommend working for the Federal government for anyone looking for a long-term career.
Enjoyable
Program Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 9, 2016
I loved working for this place. the people and the teleworking was excellent. However, when it came time to secure my position that did not happen and I was let down because I was pregnant.
the workplace to have a very pleaseant healthy and enjoyable to work
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 2, 2016
a typical work day for me is to provide the best customer service in a professional and efficient manner. keep abreast with the the day-to-day information to provide me with the work
Open work environment
Supervisory Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 29, 2016
This is an open work environment which is not conducive to productivity but work at home options offset this. Employee morale is important and there are many fun activities outside normal work hours. It's hard and intense work so this is important.
liked the hours and employees
Sales Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 3, 2016
Sold office supplies to employees, worked close with supervisor and employees. Fun position.Checked inventory, stocked shelves, ordered supplies, answered calls.
Pros
Working with other employees and supervisor
Learn a lot and a fun place to work
Contractor, Administrative Assistant/Secretary II (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 17, 2016
The job work/life balance is wonderful, they have great compensation benefits and job security. The management is wonderful. Get all kinds of cultures working with GSA.
General Services Adminstration
Lease Account Manager/Facility Manager GS (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC 20201October 7, 2016
Current culture is more on a level of hiring interns and developing an atmosphere on a corporate level in a GOVERNMENT atmosphere. It works depending on the business line you are in but I work in Facility Management. Some areas are dead end jobs and there is not much more for you to get out of as fulfillment yet again that depends on the business lines. There was a time everything was done in house IT, Property Management except leasing and other areas but nowadays it contracted out. Leaving elder associates in the debacle of still wanting to get educated in there craft but it not being available due to lack of funding or that training is not in the organizations future.
Pros
Benefits, Future depending on Business line
Cons
Future depending on the business line
Federal Job
Environmental Protection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 12, 2016
Great benefits, great retirement packages, great hiring process for veterans and other special interests groups. It was a decent job overall.
productive work environment with free work out facility
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston TexasSeptember 7, 2016
Productive and Learning environment learned green building and retro fit federal buildings to green technology.I had a great chance to learn the Federal system in how it works for all of GSA customers
Transparent and collaborative environment.
EEO and Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 6, 2016
GSA was a transparent and collaborative environment. I was able to work with and contribute to a number of program areas.
Training Opportunities
Retired (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCAugust 26, 2016
GSA offers employees training opportunities to its employees. It is one of the agency that promote teleworking and telecommuting. GSA insures that its employees have the necessary tools and equipment to get their done.
Pros
Teleworking
Okay place to work
Finance Officer/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 17, 2016
My work place is too far from home and with metro surge repairs, making it worse to get work on time. All over it's a nice place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at US General Services Administration. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3