US General Services Administration Employee Reviews

Fun place
Account Administrator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 16, 2015
Fun place to work. Great co-workers with a great team. We have happy hours after work. This company has a lot to offer.They have a lot of activities outside of work.
Contractor
Senior Desktop Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  ChicagoMarch 16, 2015
I can only speak from the contractor perspective. If GSA were to sign contracts with vendors that were interested in the growth model instead of a break fix model they would be much more successful.
Pros
modern facilities, great people
Cons
too much bottom line thinking
Secure and comfortable
Transportation Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAJanuary 22, 2015
The work was not very challenging. The bureacracy of getting the job done made it more difficult. There was very little potential for growth given because of the "lifers" that refused to retire. Pay was average for a mid-level professional.
Pros
job security
Cons
lack of advancement opportunity, i found it to be difficult to change career paths despite education credentials.
Great leadership and promotion opportunity
Supervisory Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 17, 2014
Great leadership and promotion opportunity and teleworking. Great place to work
Pros
great leadership and promotion opportunity and teleworking
Excellent
Realty Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 29, 2014
Each day is enjoyable. The management and career advancement is pretty good, for some people.
Program Analyst
Online IT Instructor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 26, 2014
I am responsible for the intake of the space requests from all federal agencies. I am the administrator for our space inventory for the southeast sunbelt region. I help the agencies refine their requirements to obtain the best space available. My co-workers are involved in data management for the leases. There are no hard parts of the job and I enjoy keeping track of the data.
Pros
i work a 10/4 felx schedule
Cons
no cons
work/life balance good
GS-13 Project Manager / Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 27, 2014
High level of office politics and "boy's" and "girl's" silos type of work environment for advancement.
Realty Commercial Leasing Specialist
Realty Leasing Specialist - Commercial Space (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 10, 2014
The environment was dynamic and projects were changing with the requirements and needs for several federal government agencies. I have learned to agile and prioritize my time management skills as a Global Project Manager for leased acquisitions.
A very Productive place to work
Subject Matter Expert II (Current Employee) –  Washington DCOctober 8, 2014
There is never a dull moment at GSA. I've worked there for over 11 years but it did not feel like it.Our team was small but had enough Authority, Autonomy and challenges.We stood up a Federal HR system that is currently used by GSA, OPM, NCUA and a few other agencies as well.
Pros
we were able to work with the latest technology.
Cons
most issues that could come up could be easily resolved, hence became less challenging.
Unbelievable work life balance and benefits with open office culture
Management and Program Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 4, 2014
GSA represents one of the best government agencies in the nation. GSA offers excellent training for associates and features a culture and work life balance that is second to none. In a typical day, I engage with multiple parties from several business lines internally and a number of stakeholders externally. The main task is to develop technical solutions to improve business processes, administer contracts and handle acquisitions in a regulatory conscious manner, and assist the mission of building and managing sustainable and smart buildings. I have learned not only to be customer service oriented with strong interpersonal skills, I also learned relevant industry standard technical and operational skills that can translate to any business environment. The hardest part of the job is catering to ever changing customer needs sometimes at a moments notice. The most rewarding part of the job is the chance to work with great people.
Pros
work life balance, culture
Cons
management, advancement
Good work environment
Contract Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 29, 2014
Consistent, flexible and good leadership. Consistent in providing training and making sure employee needs were met
Very Interesting learning environment
Student Trainee (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 28, 2014
As a student trainee I was able to listen to conference calls regarding agency lease negotiations and learn about the lease process.. Everyone is really friendly and the atmosphere is laid back.
Pros
flexible, great managers
Cons
really quiet at times, and government security was annoying at times
Ok place to work.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 16, 2014
This is run like big business, the little man is not valued like one would expect.
Very positive environment
Administrative Seasonal Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 1, 2014
I worked as a student intern for three summers at General Services Administration under the Director of Public Buildings. During my internship I learned how inspect leases, code, and I helped with clerical duties.
Pros
seasonal position
Cons
this position was not in my field
Good, progressive work environment
Internal Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COJuly 9, 2014
Great work life balance. Many good business challenges, but also subject to disruption and unnecessary change based on national politics.
Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 2, 2014
I felt open to contribute templates and new ideas that would increase production because of the open enviroment.
Family orientated co-workers
Warehouse Specialist/Order section (Current Employee) –  Burlington Twp., NJJuly 1, 2014
The company was a fast workplace environment but at the end of the day my work assignment was completed. Working closely with management allowed me to be able to help train others.
Pros
employees were rewarded free lunches for having perfect attendence.
Cons
healthcare could have been more inexpensive for employees.
Productive fun work place with pool table.
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 24, 2014
My co-workers were by far some of the nicest people I ever met. I also must say that it was quite a fun work environment. Everyone had great attitudes and knew how to balance work and fun perfectly. I have many people to thank at General Services Administration for many of the job skills that I have today.
Office of the Chief Financial Officer (Former Employee) –  Southwest, DCMay 19, 2014
As a summer youth employer I’ve had the opportunity to develop an constructive work habit, positive attitude and the valuable job skill to enter the workforce. While I worked here over the summer I was responsible to answer phones, file papers, organize papers, put information into the computer, check to see if my co-workers voicemail met all the requirements, send emails and fax papers.
World Of Experience
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GaMay 7, 2014
I supervised and monitored the activities for over 1200 inmates and detainees while restricted. I coordinated and monitored inmate movements, conducted counts, and provided emergency response when needed. I prepared reports and maintained daily logs as required. I ensured prompt and appropriate assistance to inmates in the event of injury, illness, and trauma. I served as a member of special teams delegated to respond to emergencies as required. I completed training courses as required by facility training standards and performed correctional duties for any shift as defined by management