US General Services Administration

US General Services Administration United States Employee Reviews

Contract Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 2, 2014
I felt open to contribute templates and new ideas that would increase production because of the open enviroment.
Family orientated co-workers
Warehouse Specialist/Order section (Current Employee), Burlington Twp., NJJuly 1, 2014
Pros: employees were rewarded free lunches for having perfect attendence.
Cons: healthcare could have been more inexpensive for employees.
The company was a fast workplace environment but at the end of the day my work assignment was completed. Working closely with management allowed me to be able to help train others.
Productive fun work place with pool table.
File Clerk (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 24, 2014
My co-workers were by far some of the nicest people I ever met. I also must say that it was quite a fun work environment. Everyone had great attitudes and knew how to balance work and fun perfectly. I have many people to thank at General Services Administration for many of the job skills that I have today.
Office of the Chief Financial Officer (Former Employee), Southwest, DCMay 19, 2014
As a summer youth employer I’ve had the opportunity to develop an constructive work habit, positive attitude and the valuable job skill to enter the workforce. While I worked here over the summer I was responsible to answer phones, file papers, organize papers, put information into the computer, check to see if my co-workers voicemail met all the requirements, send emails and fax papers.
Politics and Favoritism
IT PROJECT MANAGEMENT (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 7, 2014
Pros: great benefits, hours are flexible, pay is competitive
Cons: poor leadership
WOrked there six years and was very frustrated when left. Worst agency in the federal government that I worked for; worked for Department of Defense, Transportation, Social Security Adminstration and the Department of Treasury and this was the worst agency because the managers just wanted to help people they liked instead of being fair; politics at its worst! Sat in the same department and branch for six years, even after they asked where I wanted to go and what I wanted to do they would not move me so I eventually had to leave. The benefits are awesome as a federal worker; and you might even get some telework days but eventually the agency was also letting people they like work at home almost everyday and if they did not like you, you were put in the basement with one or no telework days. Very bias leadership!
Anonymous
Anonymous (Former Employee), AnonymousApril 28, 2014
Pros: the pay
Overall a great place to work, not a lot of opportunities for advancement.
Good Telework
Budget Analyst (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 24, 2014
Pros: great benefits, telework policy
Cons: no training or promotions
Work can be boring, co-workers are nice, and mostly management has no idea what is going on.
It was a great job.
Truck Driver/ Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee), French Camp, CAApril 23, 2014
Pros: the work schedule and pay.
Cons: job wasn't secure
It was a good paying job...really miss working there. I learned a lot about inventory, material handling, shipping & receiving working has a team with coworkers. management was fair sometimes. I consider a lot of my coworkers family. The hardest part of the job was getting up in the morning. The most I enjoyed about the job was driving, working at my own pace
Very Nice place to work
Budget Analyst/Audit team (Contractor) (Current Employee), Washington DCMarch 28, 2014
Pros: easy to do other thing in agency
Cons: contract postion
Working at GSA was a very good experience.I was able to learn different roles in the agency in order to expand my career
Excellent
Contractor through Information International (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 19, 2014
Pros: great place to work.
Cons: nothing bad at all.
I have a checklist for the daily tasks that I made up myself. Other unforeseeable tasks that pop up throughout the day are added to it. Before I call it a day, I double check the list to make sure that everything is done. Anything pending at the end of the day takes priority first thing in the morning, after daily am tasks and meeting with my supervisor. Then I follow through with the tasks needed to be done that day, as well as anything else that comes up. By the end of the day, I make up a to-do list for tomorrow, clean up my desk, and set out the pending things next to my list to tackle them first thing in the morning. I have learned to work as a team.
Great work/life balance
Division Director (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 19, 2014
Pros: great work/life balance; this agency can do great things
Cons: poor management direction, constant changes in processes for no apparent reason
GSA offers a great work/life balance with flexible schedules and is the government leader in tele-working. Unfortunately, the management culture within this agency has taken a nosedive since 2010. Communication is lacking, changes are made for no apparent reason and with little direction, paper-work seems to disappear into some unknown blackhole and morale is at an all-time low. It's like being on a ship with a captain who is trying to tackle everything at once and ignoring the rest of the crew.
Excellent work/life balance & job security
Rocky Mountain Regional Public Affairs Officer (Current Employee), Denver, COMarch 3, 2014
Pros: flexibility, pay, variety, international, benefits, job security
Cons: leadership, management, strategy
If you are a go getter that can take the ball and run with it, this is a great place to grow and learn. This federal agency covers a lot of ground so there's never a lack of being able to learn new products, services, or programs. Networking, negotiating skills and being politically astute are key in navigating these waters. You may be surprised to meet a talented group of hard-working government workers who really know their stuff. GSA is family friendly and supportive when life throws you a curve ball.
I was very productive and thorough with my job performances
Packaging Specialist (Current Employee), Stockton CaliforniaFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: excellent work environment
Cons: position and job requirements were abolished
This is a highly rated professional environment with highly skilled and motivated individuals
Ok place to work
Project Manager Lease Project Management Division (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: telework
Cons: poor upper management
after 3 years and 6 successful projects 3 of which sent commendation letters of my performance. my contract was cut, I was let go by the director the reason being low performance ??????
GSA has very poor upper management who do not know what the construction PM's do.
A stable government job.
NA (Current Employee), Region 3January 28, 2014
The management is OK. Keep in mind that this is a government agency. The management is more relaxed on its employees.
Great Company
Building Manager Specialist Internship (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 18, 2014
The leadership and culture in this agency stands out above the rest, and was a pleasure to work for.
Government Agency with positives and negatives
Program Analyst (Current Employee), Washington, DCDecember 29, 2013
Great work life balance, a lot of promotion potential. The downside is that the work can feel meaningless at times, and a lot of the people aren't interested in working.
Shrinking Government - Limited Growth Potential
Buildings Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 10, 2013
Pros: paid lead, insurance, job security
Cons: limited upward mobility, non-performance based
Budget cuts and a overall shrinking of the agency, has limited the opportunity to advance, and investment in employee training. Without an emphasis on workforce cultivation, I am concerned the agency is heading the wrong direction. I enjoy the work, but I am looking for an environment that encourages forward thinking, and creativity.
productive and keeper of tax payer properties
Project Manager/facility Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 30, 2013
I learned team work is the bet way to get work done every individual has own strengths and add to a end result in todays declining budgets.Work has to be done in an intelligent way to save money and meet customer expectations My job was challenging due to the fact budgets were tight, co workers were great ,the job had its perks working on Historic buildings and engineering challenges to retrofit with new technology the structure to run more efficiently Knowledge is the most gratifing you learned new technologies everyday
Working for the Government
Office Automation Clerk (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 13, 2013
Pretty good job, no complaints. The government is not secure like it use to be. Overall working for GSA has been a great experience.

US General Services Administration Salaries