US General Services Administration Employee Reviews

Enjoyable
Program Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 9, 2016
I loved working for this place. the people and the teleworking was excellent. However, when it came time to secure my position that did not happen and I was let down because I was pregnant.
the workplace to have a very pleaseant healthy and enjoyable to work
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 2, 2016
a typical work day for me is to provide the best customer service in a professional and efficient manner. keep abreast with the the day-to-day information to provide me with the work
Open work environment
Supervisory Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 29, 2016
This is an open work environment which is not conducive to productivity but work at home options offset this. Employee morale is important and there are many fun activities outside normal work hours. It's hard and intense work so this is important.
liked the hours and employees
Sales Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 3, 2016
Sold office supplies to employees, worked close with supervisor and employees. Fun position.Checked inventory, stocked shelves, ordered supplies, answered calls.
Pros
Working with other employees and supervisor
Learn a lot and a fun place to work
Contractor, Administrative Assistant/Secretary II (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 17, 2016
The job work/life balance is wonderful, they have great compensation benefits and job security. The management is wonderful. Get all kinds of cultures working with GSA.
General Services Adminstration
Lease Account Manager/Facility Manager GS (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC 20201October 7, 2016
Current culture is more on a level of hiring interns and developing an atmosphere on a corporate level in a GOVERNMENT atmosphere. It works depending on the business line you are in but I work in Facility Management. Some areas are dead end jobs and there is not much more for you to get out of as fulfillment yet again that depends on the business lines. There was a time everything was done in house IT, Property Management except leasing and other areas but nowadays it contracted out. Leaving elder associates in the debacle of still wanting to get educated in there craft but it not being available due to lack of funding or that training is not in the organizations future.
Pros
Benefits, Future depending on Business line
Cons
Future depending on the business line
Federal Job
Environmental Protection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 12, 2016
Great benefits, great retirement packages, great hiring process for veterans and other special interests groups. It was a decent job overall.
productive work environment with free work out facility
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston TexasSeptember 7, 2016
Productive and Learning environment learned green building and retro fit federal buildings to green technology.I had a great chance to learn the Federal system in how it works for all of GSA customers
Transparent and collaborative environment.
EEO and Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 6, 2016
GSA was a transparent and collaborative environment. I was able to work with and contribute to a number of program areas.
Training Opportunities
Retired (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCAugust 26, 2016
GSA offers employees training opportunities to its employees. It is one of the agency that promote teleworking and telecommuting. GSA insures that its employees have the necessary tools and equipment to get their done.
Pros
Teleworking
Okay place to work
Finance Officer/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 17, 2016
My work place is too far from home and with metro surge repairs, making it worse to get work on time. All over it's a nice place to work.
Government job you do the math
Facility Manager when retired (Former Employee) –  San Diego FresnoAugust 17, 2016
I was the highest position here in Fresno so I worked for the regional office and dont have much positive to say about that..so I wont
Pros
after 30 yrs paid k
Cons
ppl doing the same things in private industry making twice as much
Exciting work place in the San Jose Federal Courthouse
Preforming inspections
Writing reports
Conducting meetings
Supervising staff
Pros
I loved the work and the people
Cons
Commute time
Great place to work w/diverse list of job opportunities & benefits
Supervisory Realty Specialist/Contracting Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 12, 2016
GSA provides a large range of positions and developmental opportunities for it's employees. They are one of the more progressive-thinking agencies; therefore, they set trends and examples for other federal agencies nationwide.
Pros
College education reimbursement & nationwide leadership programs
Cons
Shortage of staff
Government Position Serving "At Will"
Executive Secretary (Current Employee) –  317 Oak Street, Chattanooga, TN 37403July 18, 2016
I prefer to be more active at work. I am limited in involvement in County Projects handled by our Departments.

I arrive prior to being expected and begin my daily chores. These contain daily monitoring of Procurement Card purchases for eight employees, monitoring the Administrator's calendar and preparing appropriate documentation needed, answer multi phone lines, monitor obligations vs. budget for four (4) departments with multiple budgets within three (3) of our departments, file daily, and prepare Commission packets for Staff, Agenda and Commission meetings.

The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with the employees of Hamilton County Government. I have the opportunity to deal with the public, as many will call General Services thinking we encompass many things within County Government. It is my pleasure directing them too the appropriate office they need, or collecting the information they need and phoning them with procedure they may need to follow.
Pros
The wonderful employees and county residents I interact with on a daily basis. The pharmacy, clinic, and Wellness Center provided for Employees.
Cons
I am not as involved as I once was nor as active in day to day management, lack of communication within County Government, and new style of management.
Modern and Family Friendly Place to work
Special Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2016
GSA is a great and innovated place of employment. The organization is great with work life balance. I would recommend the agency.
General Services Administration
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 19, 2016
Had a great opportunity to learn things from different parts of the company. It was a lt of hard work but allowed me to be able to gain the experience of setting up meeting rooms and getting meetings together. They offer their employees a ladder to move up withing the company and anybody with this great opportunity should take advantage.
Senior Inventory Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 15, 2016
Very productive workplace; company offered Flex-time reporting. Company offered college-tuition for employees interested in returning to school to complete education; Management encouraged all employees to return to school and offered liberal work schedule to accommodate class hours.
Pros
flex work schedule
Good benefits
Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 6, 2016
Great opportunities to learn, good coworkers and teams, good compensation and good benefits, including option to telework and flexible work schedules
A well deversity group of people including handcapped employees
Budget Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 15, 2016
A normal work day is you do your work without closed supervision. It get very stressful around year-end closing (closing the books before the new fiscal year begin). The hard part of the job was dealing with over 75 Realty Specialists requesting information for the next 3 up coming fiscal years. Co-workers are sometime hard to get along with and most of the time there are great communication between my co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job when you received your performance award (money) during Christmas time. Great supervisors and managers about 80% of the time.