US General Services Administration Employee Reviews in United States

Too many managers
Assistant Regional Counsel, Contracts, (Former Employee) –  Mid-Atlantic RegionJuly 25, 2015
Non Attorney Managers making legal decisions beyond their scope of knowledge. Unnecessarily bureaucratic Management lacked Professionalisim and had poor business skills. Overspent on non mission activities such as the well publicized Las Vegas conference.
Productive and energetic workplace
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Region 9July 9, 2015
A typical day at work is different everyday! GSA is a great place to learn something new everyday about construction, property management, real estate acquisition/disposal, and other federal government agencies.
Advancement
Building Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  chicagoJune 4, 2015
Great place to work and allows for growth and advancement. Perfect for new graduates and veterans. Provides great stability and flex schedules
like any other federal agency
intern (Current Employee) –  san franciscoMay 13, 2015
At GSA, management can make or break you. Advancement can be dependent on who you know, not what you know and your senority. Great job security and benefits and offers alternative work schedule and telework opportunities for most positions.
Fun company, great coworkers
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 15, 2015
I had such a great learning experience working with GSA. My supervisor worked hard to make sure we had a balanced work and personal life. My coworkers worked hard to support each other to meet deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to experience so many different types of work, from project management, to office administration, to inventory, and even out in the field!
I enjoyed I enjoyed making a difference in the lives of the personnel in the work place from the health and safety standpoint.
Industrial Hygienist - retired 2012 (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 15, 2015
A typical day could vary greatly. I enjoyed immensely trouble shooting employee concerns regarding their environmental health concerns. To do this, I traveled a six state region performing various environmental testing, consulting and employee safety and health training.

The most difficult problem in the job was the extensive travel. I much preferred one on one assignment on a continuous basis.
Pros
Sense of accomplishment
Cons
Road travel
Great work environment
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 5, 2015
Awesome training program and job advancement opportunities. Plus, telework option makes it a great place to work.

We are giving projects and assigned mentors to help us with our projects. Plus, ongoing training helps tremendously to work on different types of leasing projects.
Pros
Telework
Great Place
Contracting Officer (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, GAApril 3, 2015
Teleworking is available and it is really nice. I love working for GSA because it offers a relaxed environment to work in. I would recommend GSA to anyone for work. I can see that I enjoy going to work.
A little bit of everything
Supervisory Budget Analyst - GS (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 31, 2015
Nice agency, good for right out of college or those unsure what they want to do. GSA does a bit of everything. That might be its problem.
Fun place
Account Administrator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 16, 2015
Fun place to work. Great co-workers with a great team. We have happy hours after work. This company has a lot to offer.They have a lot of activities outside of work.
Contractor
Senior Desktop Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  ChicagoMarch 16, 2015
I can only speak from the contractor perspective. If GSA were to sign contracts with vendors that were interested in the growth model instead of a break fix model they would be much more successful.
Pros
modern facilities, great people
Cons
too much bottom line thinking
Secure and comfortable
Transportation Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAJanuary 22, 2015
The work was not very challenging. The bureacracy of getting the job done made it more difficult. There was very little potential for growth given because of the "lifers" that refused to retire. Pay was average for a mid-level professional.
Pros
job security
Cons
lack of advancement opportunity, i found it to be difficult to change career paths despite education credentials.
Great leadership and promotion opportunity
Supervisory Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 17, 2014
Great leadership and promotion opportunity and teleworking. Great place to work
Pros
great leadership and promotion opportunity and teleworking
Excellent
Realty Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 29, 2014
Each day is enjoyable. The management and career advancement is pretty good, for some people.
Program Analyst
Online IT Instructor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 26, 2014
I am responsible for the intake of the space requests from all federal agencies. I am the administrator for our space inventory for the southeast sunbelt region. I help the agencies refine their requirements to obtain the best space available. My co-workers are involved in data management for the leases. There are no hard parts of the job and I enjoy keeping track of the data.
Pros
i work a 10/4 felx schedule
Cons
no cons
work/life balance good
GS-13 Project Manager / Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 27, 2014
High level of office politics and "boy's" and "girl's" silos type of work environment for advancement.
Realty Commercial Leasing Specialist
Realty Leasing Specialist - Commercial Space (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 10, 2014
The environment was dynamic and projects were changing with the requirements and needs for several federal government agencies. I have learned to agile and prioritize my time management skills as a Global Project Manager for leased acquisitions.
A very Productive place to work
Subject Matter Expert II (Current Employee) –  Washington DCOctober 8, 2014
There is never a dull moment at GSA. I've worked there for over 11 years but it did not feel like it.Our team was small but had enough Authority, Autonomy and challenges.We stood up a Federal HR system that is currently used by GSA, OPM, NCUA and a few other agencies as well.
Pros
we were able to work with the latest technology.
Cons
most issues that could come up could be easily resolved, hence became less challenging.
Unbelievable work life balance and benefits with open office culture
Management and Program Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 4, 2014
GSA represents one of the best government agencies in the nation. GSA offers excellent training for associates and features a culture and work life balance that is second to none. In a typical day, I engage with multiple parties from several business lines internally and a number of stakeholders externally. The main task is to develop technical solutions to improve business processes, administer contracts and handle acquisitions in a regulatory conscious manner, and assist the mission of building and managing sustainable and smart buildings. I have learned not only to be customer service oriented with strong interpersonal skills, I also learned relevant industry standard technical and operational skills that can translate to any business environment. The hardest part of the job is catering to ever changing customer needs sometimes at a moments notice. The most rewarding part of the job is the chance to work with great people.
Pros
work life balance, culture
Cons
management, advancement
Good work environment
Contract Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 29, 2014
Consistent, flexible and good leadership. Consistent in providing training and making sure employee needs were met

4.2