US Oncology

US Oncology Employer Reviews

On the fast-track, up-to-date systems, competitive salaries, excellent benefits, job security.
Sr. Executive Secretary - to VP Reimbursement (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: competitive salaries and benefits
Cons: traffic
U.S. Oncology is now owned by McKesson so I'm not sure if the name changed. They have also moved to the Woodlands, TX area which is very high-end. It was my favorite place to work but moved to another state to be near family.
Very produtive and caring place to work.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNDecember 12, 2014
Pros: volunteer oppurtunities
Cons: short breaks
My co-workers were very nice and helpful. My manager made sure that I had the proper tools and training for me to accelerate in my position.
I'm not sure what or why Indeed is asking for this info
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCNovember 24, 2014
Pros: relaxed environment & great local leadership
Cons: 4 day close process with corporate
Typical Monthly Calendar
4 Day Close on Financials. Provide Financials to Mgmt & Physicians. Recon Balance Sheet accounts, then produce Analysis on performance and create Physician Payroll.
Rewarding place to work at
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee), El Paso, TXSeptember 16, 2014
I learned a lot wotking for US Oncology, mainly show empathy for cancer patients. The hardest part is to get close to the patient and his/her family and lose the patient to this sad illness. Good team work and understaning managment.
Nice place to work
Insurance verification specialist (Former Employee), Insurance Verification SpecialistAugust 26, 2014
Nice place to work. Good company. Learned many skills. Co-workers were wonderful. The hardest part of the job was holding on the phone.
Great Company to work For
Information System Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 18, 2014
Support Cancer Care Clinics in the DFW area, I covered 9 clinics over 300 users. Administration, physicians, nurses, etc.

this was my first Health care IT position and gained a lot of knowledge from working at Cancer Centers.

All co workers where great always willing to help if you needed assistance.

Hardest part of the Job when we had Network Outages trying to get them back online.

Greatest part was knowing you had a part on helping Cancer patients go thru their treatments with no issues.
The modern day "sweatshop" for accountants
Accountant (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 18, 2014
Pros: the cancer research group is life changing
Cons: accounting/finance group is a modern day sweatshop
This company does life saving research in cancer treatment area and should be rewarded for this. The treatment by management of the accounting group is very negative. The training is almost non extant and technology is a patch work of old and new. The systems don't talk to each other well and month end close is a very, very bad night mare.
productive place
Illinois Cancer Specialist (Former Employee), arlington heightsJuly 10, 2014
I learned everything I needed to know here
healthy environment
hardest part working up stairs in the storage
enjoyable was who I work with
Enjoyable place to work
Medical Assistant II (Former Employee), River Hill, MdJune 27, 2014
Pediatrics is what I love so this was an enjoyable work environment. I loved my co workers
Fast paced,high demand in customer service, staff and patient relations...expanse knowledge of Health IT is a must. Flexible
Information Technology Coordinator (Current Employee), El Paso TexasMay 29, 2014
Great place to work, daily interaction with physicians, staff and patients/family. IT cross-platform/integration is a must. Excellent management and co-workers. What can be most difficult is stress levels of people you work with and support directly and indirectly as an IT Professional. Take things in a non-personal manner and do your best to smile and make everyone's day the best it can be.
Best Job
Lead AR Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 9, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: making up hours
Best company to work for. Was taught so much. Was very enjoyable.
A wonderful place
Specialty Practice Office Manager (Former Employee), Gainesville, VAMay 8, 2014
This was by far the best job I've ever had. Working for US Oncology was the most rewarding opportunities I've ever had. Not only the staff, but the patients allowed me to become the person I am today. The company as a whole is by far the best all around.
Not a fun or learning place to work!
Senior Business Systems Analyst, Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 22, 2014
I have been with a total of 4 professional companies with a total of ten. This was the worst company I've ever experienced. I would not recommend working here. I know of several people would feel the same. They turn coworkers against each other.
Intense working environment
Accountant III (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TexasDecember 8, 2013
● Month end closing activities, prepared financial statements, and financial statement disclosures.
● Monthly reconciliations of balance sheets accounts, profit and loss statements, and other financial reports for 23 business offices in the San Antonio region.
● Prepared corporate variance analysis with explanations monthly and analyzed trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses.
Very good office to work for
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee), Boulder, COOctober 14, 2013
Pros: insurance, 401 k
US Oncology was a very good company to work for. They value their employees. They are compassionate and caring. I loved working there. We moved to Texas from Colorado, that is why I left
MANAGEMENT MAY FIND UNSCRUPULOUS WAY'S TO LET EMPLOYEE'S GO WHEN THEY REACH TOP SALARY
Technical (Former Employee), MinnesotaAugust 22, 2013
Pros: patient's
Cons: non-union
I believe management and human resources circumvent employment laws when they need to get rid of employee's who speak out about questionable practices. I feel this lowers employee moral and trickles down to sub par patient care!
Great Job would still be there but contract was won by another company.
Reimbursement Counselor (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSAugust 6, 2013
Pros: telling the customer we could get them their medication for free.
Cons: having to tell customer they didn't qualify for assistance
Took inbound & outbound calls we worked on getting patient assistance for those who cannot afford their medication. Verified medical benefits & insurance coverage. maintained customer information & made sure all data entry is up to date & completed.
kept current knowledge of resources available to support the clients products including but not limited to Medicare A&B, Medicaid, Commercial & Private Insurance, Charitable Foundations, VA, Managed care & PBM's .We worked as a team, loved the co workers I worked with we were all upset when contact was lost we had worked so hard getting it right and being within 2 day turnaround.
us oncology
Staff Account (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXJuly 23, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: moved to woodlands
uploading assets from AP checking that upload worked properly review balance sheet recs
Giving my heart
Front Office Scheduler (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 7, 2013
Pros: personal groth
Cons: needed help
Working with oncology patient, I have learned so many things from being in that industry has been a delight. Management could use some help. I enjoyed most of my workers.
Having to see the patients in the state of health that they were in.
Being able to laugh and talk with them.
overall not a good place to work
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), RaleighJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: patients were wonderful
Cons: horrible management from top to bottom level.
good company which went sour. Nurses being managed by a pharmacist, poor morale and poor staffing. job was good and became a nightmare!