US Oncology Employee Reviews in United States

family
AR specialist (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLJanuary 25, 2016
This was a good company to work for. They seemed to be very family oriented and genuinely cared about their employees. The patients were definitely first and the employees well being was always considered.
Pros
caring
Cons
can't think of any
Great opportunities with respectful culture
Senior Director of Special Projects (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 15, 2016
As chief of staff I am exposed to all of the ins and outs of company challenges and opportunities. I enjoy being in a position to effectively manage decisions that have lasting impacts on customers and the business.

I am afforded many stretch projects such as the one I am working on right now to acquire an organization for $525M.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement. Smart people.
Cons
Travel. Location far from home.
disorganized
Payment Poster (Current Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLNovember 19, 2015
would not reapply. Very disorganized and does not care about the staff.
The hardest part of the job is not knowing each day if you will continue to have a job. And today we were all laid off unexpectedly.
14 years Great
Administrative Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 15, 2015
I loved working here for 14 years fun company great people it was in Downtown Houston just a great bunch of people like family
horrible
Patient Account Rep II (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COSeptember 3, 2015
the boss was very rude most the time, she took sides and held grudges. They paid low and would not answer questions correctly, the training was horrible and they laid people off after lying.
fun fast paced medical facility
Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Ft. Myers FloridaAugust 6, 2015
US Oncology is a fun fast paced place of employment. I have learned time management, organization, and ability to grow as policy and procedures change on a daily basis.
Most difficult is dealing with the type of atmosphere we are in the this disease.
Most enjoyable is being able to grow and advance my knowledge in my growing career.
On the fast-track, up-to-date systems, competitive salaries, excellent benefits, job security.
Sr. Executive Secretary - to VP Reimbursement (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2015
U.S. Oncology is now owned by McKesson so I'm not sure if the name changed. They have also moved to the Woodlands, TX area which is very high-end. It was my favorite place to work but moved to another state to be near family.
Pros
competitive salaries and benefits
Cons
traffic
Very produtive and caring place to work.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 12, 2014
My co-workers were very nice and helpful. My manager made sure that I had the proper tools and training for me to accelerate in my position.
Pros
volunteer oppurtunities
Cons
short breaks
I'm not sure what or why Indeed is asking for this info
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 24, 2014
Typical Monthly Calendar
4 Day Close on Financials. Provide Financials to Mgmt & Physicians. Recon Balance Sheet accounts, then produce Analysis on performance and create Physician Payroll.
Pros
relaxed environment & great local leadership
Cons
4 day close process with corporate
Rewarding place to work at
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 16, 2014
I learned a lot wotking for US Oncology, mainly show empathy for cancer patients. The hardest part is to get close to the patient and his/her family and lose the patient to this sad illness. Good team work and understaning managment.
Nice place to work
Insurance verification specialist (Former Employee) –  Insurance Verification SpecialistAugust 26, 2014
Nice place to work. Good company. Learned many skills. Co-workers were wonderful. The hardest part of the job was holding on the phone.
Great Company to work For
Information System Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 18, 2014
Support Cancer Care Clinics in the DFW area, I covered 9 clinics over 300 users. Administration, physicians, nurses, etc.

this was my first Health care IT position and gained a lot of knowledge from working at Cancer Centers.

All co workers where great always willing to help if you needed assistance.

Hardest part of the Job when we had Network Outages trying to get them back online.

Greatest part was knowing you had a part on helping Cancer patients go thru their treatments with no issues.
The modern day "sweatshop" for accountants
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 18, 2014
This company does life saving research in cancer treatment area and should be rewarded for this. The treatment by management of the accounting group is very negative. The training is almost non extant and technology is a patch work of old and new. The systems don't talk to each other well and month end close is a very, very bad night mare.
Pros
the cancer research group is life changing
Cons
accounting/finance group is a modern day sweatshop
productive place
Illinois Cancer Specialist (Former Employee) –  arlington heightsJuly 10, 2014
I learned everything I needed to know here
healthy environment
hardest part working up stairs in the storage
enjoyable was who I work with
Enjoyable place to work
Medical Assistant II (Former Employee) –  River Hill, MdJune 27, 2014
Pediatrics is what I love so this was an enjoyable work environment. I loved my co workers
Fast paced,high demand in customer service, staff and patient relations...expanse knowledge of Health IT is a must. Flexible
Information Technology Coordinator (Current Employee) –  El Paso TexasMay 29, 2014
Great place to work, daily interaction with physicians, staff and patients/family. IT cross-platform/integration is a must. Excellent management and co-workers. What can be most difficult is stress levels of people you work with and support directly and indirectly as an IT Professional. Take things in a non-personal manner and do your best to smile and make everyone's day the best it can be.
Best Job
Lead AR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 9, 2014
Best company to work for. Was taught so much. Was very enjoyable.
benefits
Cons
making up hours
A wonderful place
Specialty Practice Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, VAMay 8, 2014
This was by far the best job I've ever had. Working for US Oncology was the most rewarding opportunities I've ever had. Not only the staff, but the patients allowed me to become the person I am today. The company as a whole is by far the best all around.
Not a fun or learning place to work!
Senior Business Systems Analyst, Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 22, 2014
I have been with a total of 4 professional companies with a total of ten. This was the worst company I've ever experienced. I would not recommend working here. I know of several people would feel the same. They turn coworkers against each other.
Intense working environment
Accountant III (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TexasDecember 8, 2013
● Month end closing activities, prepared financial statements, and financial statement disclosures.
● Monthly reconciliations of balance sheets accounts, profit and loss statements, and other financial reports for 23 business offices in the San Antonio region.
● Prepared corporate variance analysis with explanations monthly and analyzed trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses.