US Oncology Employee Reviews

great place top work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 22, 2017
very great place to work , has an enviroment for those willing to learn and to advance, Staff is great and very helpful, Doctors really care.
Pros
outgoing staff
Cons
very fast paced
A Place of Employment
Charge Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILDecember 26, 2016
The company is relocating some jobs unfortunately & several divisions will be leaving. It was a nice job while it lasted and the fellow co-workers were a good group.
You must be prepared to work hard and continuous.
Medical Assistant, Sr (Chemo Room) (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 7, 2016
The company is a decent place to work, you can definitely build some life long friendships, not just with your coworkers but also the patients.
Pros
The patients
Cons
The continuous work load
productive and busy
Medical Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FL 34653October 24, 2016
Very nice people to work with. Great Oncologist Doctors to work with also. Very fun family oriented environment. All to serve patients to help improve their life under their given circumstances.
Practice managing ICS
Full Time Duties (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILOctober 12, 2016
The company itself is good, good benefits. The medical practice physicians are another issue. Not the most professional group to deal with.
Productive and great company to work for.
Account Rep/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 2, 2016
I learned so much working at US Oncology/Per-se. I started as an A/R rep and advanced to a supervisor and then to an account manager.They offered ICD-9 coding classes which were great!
Pros
Room for advancement and great benifits
family
AR specialist (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLJanuary 25, 2016
This was a good company to work for. They seemed to be very family oriented and genuinely cared about their employees. The patients were definitely first and the employees well being was always considered.
Pros
caring
Cons
can't think of any
Great opportunities with respectful culture
Senior Director of Special Projects (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 15, 2016
As chief of staff I am exposed to all of the ins and outs of company challenges and opportunities. I enjoy being in a position to effectively manage decisions that have lasting impacts on customers and the business.

I am afforded many stretch projects such as the one I am working on right now to acquire an organization for $525M.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement. Smart people.
Cons
Travel. Location far from home.
disorganized
Payment Poster (Current Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLNovember 19, 2015
would not reapply. Very disorganized and does not care about the staff.
The hardest part of the job is not knowing each day if you will continue to have a job. And today we were all laid off unexpectedly.
14 years Great
Administrative Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 15, 2015
I loved working here for 14 years fun company great people it was in Downtown Houston just a great bunch of people like family
horrible
Patient Account Rep II (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COSeptember 3, 2015
the boss was very rude most the time, she took sides and held grudges. They paid low and would not answer questions correctly, the training was horrible and they laid people off after lying.
fun fast paced medical facility
Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Ft. Myers FloridaAugust 6, 2015
US Oncology is a fun fast paced place of employment. I have learned time management, organization, and ability to grow as policy and procedures change on a daily basis.
Most difficult is dealing with the type of atmosphere we are in the this disease.
Most enjoyable is being able to grow and advance my knowledge in my growing career.
positvie place to work and help people
Billing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 23, 2015
positvie place to work and help pepositvie place to work and help peopleoplepositvie place tpositvie place to work and help peopleo work and help peoplepositvie place to work and help people
On the fast-track, up-to-date systems, competitive salaries, excellent benefits, job security.
Sr. Executive Secretary - to VP Reimbursement (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2015
U.S. Oncology is now owned by McKesson so I'm not sure if the name changed. They have also moved to the Woodlands, TX area which is very high-end. It was my favorite place to work but moved to another state to be near family.
Pros
Competitive salaries and benefits
Cons
Traffic
Very produtive and caring place to work.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 12, 2014
My co-workers were very nice and helpful. My manager made sure that I had the proper tools and training for me to accelerate in my position.
Pros
volunteer oppurtunities
Cons
short breaks
I'm not sure what or why Indeed is asking for this info
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 24, 2014
Typical Monthly Calendar
4 Day Close on Financials. Provide Financials to Mgmt & Physicians. Recon Balance Sheet accounts, then produce Analysis on performance and create Physician Payroll.
Pros
Relaxed Environment & Great Local Leadership
Cons
4 day Close process with Corporate
Rewarding place to work at
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 16, 2014
I learned a lot wotking for US Oncology, mainly show empathy for cancer patients. The hardest part is to get close to the patient and his/her family and lose the patient to this sad illness. Good team work and understaning managment.
Nice place to work
Insurance verification specialist (Former Employee) –  Insurance Verification SpecialistAugust 26, 2014
Nice place to work. Good company. Learned many skills. Co-workers were wonderful. The hardest part of the job was holding on the phone.
Great Company to work For
Information System Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 18, 2014
Support Cancer Care Clinics in the DFW area, I covered 9 clinics over 300 users. Administration, physicians, nurses, etc.

this was my first Health care IT position and gained a lot of knowledge from working at Cancer Centers.

All co workers where great always willing to help if you needed assistance.

Hardest part of the Job when we had Network Outages trying to get them back online.

Greatest part was knowing you had a part on helping Cancer patients go thru their treatments with no issues.
The modern day "sweatshop" for accountants
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 18, 2014
This company does life saving research in cancer treatment area and should be rewarded for this. The treatment by management of the accounting group is very negative. The training is almost non extant and technology is a patch work of old and new. The systems don't talk to each other well and month end close is a very, very bad night mare.
Pros
The cancer research group is life changing
Cons
Accounting/Finance group is a modern day sweatshop

Ask a question about working or interviewing at US Oncology. Our community is ready to answer.