US SECURTIY ASSOCIATES Employee Reviews

fun
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 16, 2017
the only thing wrong with this company is that they owe banks money and the scheduling is bad they pick sides on who they want to work with them on certain days
Good
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Watertown, NYDecember 8, 2017
I love this job! I work with great people who are caring and compassionate. Never had a job that i have loved so much. Great supervisor and great co-workers.
Normal nothing special
security officer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 16, 2017
nothing special, learn to be humble and to worker, mangement work with you no matter you schedual, down to earth most of them and grea company to work for
Nice and easy
Lead Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 13, 2017
I enjoy working here very much. My post is laid back and easy. I monitor the gate and cameras and conduct access control to the facility. Can be somewhat lonely at times.
Pros
Working alone
Cons
Low pay
Poorly managed branch.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Perdue Hill, ALNovember 13, 2017
Us security, perdue hill, alabama branch, is under very poor, unprofessional, management. For me, it was not the job, but, management. 12 Hour shifts, with no breaks, management not reporting your logged hours properly. Etc. Etc. They made me work every friday, & saturday night, I missed out on a lot. I had to endure new hires, getting more hours, opportunities, and better shifts. Every time I tried to speak up to management, I was told I was being argumentive. Not true. I was told by management they didn't have to give me a reason for being terminated, I came to work on time every time, and if I couldn't make a shift I made sure I gave them proper notice.
Hard to talk to someone in the office
US Security Associate (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILNovember 7, 2017
When you have an issue and you call the office there always either at lunch or in a meeting and no one ever calls back after you leave a message. You are sometimes forced to work overtime
Pros
Multiple locations
Cons
Poor management; poor pay
The pay is horrible
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLNovember 4, 2017
This company doesn't pay well...$9 an hr. I don't know how they expect someone to pay their bills on such a low salary. There is no chance of advancement with this company
Pros
Good hours, easy post
Cons
Horrible pay
Ok job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXNovember 1, 2017
I would not recommend this job to an older person it’s a starting job for someone fresh outta high school looking for a starting job. It’s not for wveryone
Ok Place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 1, 2017
This is a ok place to work. The supervisor tries to work with you unless corporate is breathing down his neck then he dosent care about you as long as you are a body to fill a void. This company under pays and over works. I was let go due to loosing a vehicle and 3rd shift was not a option. The more you work with this company the more they expect out of you. This company is so short handed im not even sure how they are able to keep contracts. And insted of just trying to fill the needs they already have, they continue to gain more contracts that they cannot even fill.
Check you paycheck statements
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAOctober 22, 2017
I'm currently owed 8+ hours of just overtime at the Fairplex with this company. If you decide to work with this company, you have to keep track of your logged hours, take a photo of your sign in/sign out time sheet, and follow up on lack of hours. Also demand break times and meal periods. If you don't ask you won't get it.
Pros
A job
Cons
Cheated overtime and worked hours
very harsh work enviroment
Admistrative Assistant/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 17, 2017
The pay is very low and the hours are very long for some officers on a post without relief. Seen where officers are ignored and the complaints never get taken care of. Good benefits are only given to office staff and employees do not get the bonuses they are promised.
Pros
Getting a twelve hour shift with no relief so you can leave at quitting time
Cons
Pay is to low
Awesome co-werkers.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Glenrock, WYOctober 15, 2017
Awesome work environment. Very understanding people. Fun to work at. Great communication all around. Always had a smile on. Always had a reason to enjoy work.
Pros
Awesome people. Great job. always had something to do. Always listened to what people had to say.
Cons
temporary job
no carrer opportunity
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYOctober 10, 2017
There is no control. The manager commonly does not show up and the employer are not serious in there job. I felt like there was no control. Also it was a hard working place because of the tenant.
Overall good
Professional Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 9, 2017
A good stepping stone for other careers in enhanced security and law. Very flexible hours and competitive possibilities for enhancement. The metro rail contract is the ideal contract for those who want to make a good deal of money.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Poor management
great security job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 8, 2017
us assoc. was a great job. I learned a lot about security working there. that's where I first got my feet wet. i had a great management team who were all caring idividuals
US Security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PAOctober 4, 2017
This wasnt a bad job lonely at times yes it was the main thing was to keep the trucks an trls straight so the wrong trl did not leave 12 hr. nights but again owning a trucking business i could related to what had to be done.For the short time it lasted it was fun an qiute interesting .
Pros
peaseful conditions
Cons
weather conditions
High Stress Environment
Unarmed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKOctober 2, 2017
I would give work/life balance a negative if I could. The hours of the post leave NO time for getting anything done I need done at the house. I have to choose between sleep or keeping my home up.

For a company that only pays enough for a person to live paycheck to paycheck, the payroll department is very good at loosing hours, and I find myself not being able to pay bills when I most need to.

The only pro to this post is being able to get off on time as I don't have to wait for relief.
Cons
UNPAID breaks too short to actually be useful.
Good workplace and pay, reasonable
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Coralville, IAOctober 2, 2017
I worked 3 or 4 days before having a family emergency. I was gone for a week and they worked with me completely and was able to still have my new job when I got back.

Supervisors have always been great and work extremely well with you. Only main issue I see is getting the right uniforms and any requests about uniforms.
I was able to swap out my uniform shirts no problem, but any pants, coats, hats, long sleeves after a montj all would need to be ordered. Which I understand if all they have at the office is larger and smaller sizes.

Some nights I resort to wearing thermal layers for chilly nights but Id imagine we would get a coat for winter before too long. Great pay and hope you can maks ot through 8 hour shifts with not much to do depending on your post location.
Pros
Cooperative management, good pay, full shifts with paid overtime.
Cons
Uniforms can be harder to come across, you get the first two any additional can take awhile.
Good co-workers
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYSeptember 29, 2017
Good business establishments, the work environment is fair, the pay rate is decent, co-waorker are good to deal with at time, transportation is reasonable to commuters, management is fairly
u.s security is 2nd best company.
Transportation Security Officer (Former Employee) –  North Miami, FLSeptember 29, 2017
Working for this company was a great experience due to my post. I worked closely with the cruise ships. I enjoyed this experience and I would definitely work for them again.