Position Description: Bookkeeper / Accountant Schedule: Full-time, 1st Shift
Reports to: Operations Manager
Overview: USA Image is a pioneer in the grand format digital printing industry. Our facility produces billboards, wall murals, building wraps, fleet graphics, stadium graphics, banners... the bigger, the better! We are seeking a dedicated, detail-oriented individual to provide bookkeeping, accounting, and limited human resource functions.
- Tag and monitor fixed assets
- Pay supplier invoices in a timely manner
- Take all reasonable discounts on supplier invoices
- Monitor debt levels, compliance with debt covenants, and pay as due
- Issue invoices to customers
- Collect sales taxes from customers and remit them to the government
- Ensure that receivables are collected promptly
- Monitor cash receipts and bank deposits
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of every bank account
- Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
- Assemble information for external auditors for the annual audit
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain the annual budget
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
- Work with Operations Manager to insure internal controls are strictly adhered
- Provide HR services, including employment processing, compensation, health, welfare and retirement benefits, records management, safety and health, employee relations and re-tention; completing personnel transactions.
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Purchase supplies and equipment as authorized by management
- Monitor office supply levels and reorder as necessary
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; re-viewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in profes-sional societies.
Skills: Accounting, Corporate Finance, Reporting Skills, Attention to Detail, Deadline- Oriented, Confidentiality, Time Management, Data Entry Management, General Math Skills, Verbal Communication, Administrative Writing Skills
Desired Qualifications: The candidate should have an Associate's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience, as well as a knowledge of book-keeping and generally accepted accounting principles. Preference will be given to candidates with a working knowledge of Sage 50 / Peachtree accounting software package.
Employment subject to full background, employment and reference check.
Benefits: Health, Dental, 401k, Paid Time Off. Casual dress.