USA Today Employee Reviews

USA Today Work Life
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 15, 2016
I love the people at my job but as far as benefits and advancement they really don't offer enough options and I have been here 4 years and wish that I was making more money and that they offered some more career growth and more than 1 benefit option. Other than that this has been a great experience and a good learning lesson.
Pros
The people and I had a great boss
Cons
The benefits and the growth opportunities.
Old man Company
District Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 7, 2016
This company doesn't care about its employees, they don't give raises, make you work overtime and you don't get paid. All your hard work goes unnoticed. They won't the paper to fail. The higher ups git bonus after bonus but they took the sales rep bonus away. The lay off the hardest workers in the company and keep the people who don't do anything but sit on their butts all day.

In 12 years I got 3 raises unethical
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Poor management
I really enjoyed installing HVAC systems.
Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 19, 2016
It was a great career field to go into. The only downfall was the layoff periods. If I had the chance I would work in this field again.
It was a good place to work for
excellent time management (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 25, 2016
I like working for USA Today. You get travel to different location to deliver paper to Business. It was way to make extra money.
Pros
Having extra money
Cons
Getting up Early
My review
Carrier/ Hauler (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLMarch 30, 2016
When I was working for this company it was great I loved it and never wanted to leave it tore my heart out when they laid me off
Easy, But Tasking
Newspaper and Delivery Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 11, 2016
I wake up around 5:00AM everyday to deliver newspapers to various destinations on my college campus. (USA Today, New York Times, Star Tribune) This was a very good learning experience.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Early hours
The people and places I see daily are the best part of this job.
Contractor Sales (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXDecember 8, 2015
Great company, good people to work for and with. I have enjoyed the twelve years I've been an employee of USA Today. These are real professionals who have helped raise my game to a new level. I hope to feel this accomplished at my next job.
Pros
Automony, lots of latitude.
Cons
Market doesn't allow for competitive compensation.
delivered papers
delivered papers (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNOctober 4, 2015
learned address no co-workers nothing hard about it enjoyable just being able to work.drove around for 5 hours deliving papers
Pros
fun work
Cons
gas
Basically good.
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILOctober 3, 2015
This was an ideal position for me. The newspaper industry is on its was out with continuing cutbacks and downgrades. I was hoping to make this last another decade.
Great company
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  HoustonAugust 12, 2015
A great company to work for. Enjoyed working as a manager with the company. the pay was great. The travel wasn't bad got to meet some real nice folks and saw country.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
The way contractors where paid was unclear and hard to keep good people.
Working at USA TODAY
Director Finance/Business Operations (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAAugust 3, 2015
Every day was a new and different challenge. Being part of the daily narrative was exciting and made you feel like you were part of something bigger
Pros
The people
Cons
Print media is in decline
high tech and very early
Ffff (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJune 22, 2015
My day started at 3am with a call from the print site on what time the trucks would arrive in my area with papers. I would travel to our office and put in the truck arrival times and pick up mail and supplies for the drivers which were handed out at the pick up spots.The managers that were on duty at night would touch bases with me with their needs..The night duties could be a route audit,collecting the route or training a driver. In the morning at 9am a recap was given to my boss and the General Manager.On Thursday payroll was done and checked for mistakes. Fridays paychecks were handed out and weekly reports were done.The afternoons were spent at times getting introduced to new programs and equipment.the best part of the job was the workers became your second family.
Pros
Igood beneifits, oportunity to for education
Cons
on call 24x7
Great place to work and grow
Circulation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  MAJune 10, 2015
Was challenged everyday. Balance working with so many people. Co-workers were pleasant. I enjoyed and was up for any challenge the came my way. Hard to work time management. Enjoyed training fellow employees.
Pros
I was able to work at my pace
Cons
don't have any
Contributing Writer (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAJune 3, 2015
Excellent space for creativity and learning. Allows for the chance to write thought-provoking pieces and conduct appropriate research.
Good company to work for
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 29, 2015
i like working for this company because it gave me flexibility and good benefit.
Able to utilize my skills in sales and management
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Decreased popularity of hard copy newspapers due to digital age
USA Today was a great company to work for but due to lowered circulation various positios were eliminitated, i survivied 6 layoffs before being let go
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Palma, CAApril 14, 2015
USA Today was a great company to work for, management always let you know what they expected of you & you were left to complete your tasks and when completed we would help other employees. I had 10 sales managers that I would take care of all administrative duties for. I would enter carrier returns daily. I was very fortunate to have very good co-workers we always worked as a team and made sure all duties were done for the day. our management was very friendly, helpful and never were bothered if you had any questions or needed any help. I did not have a hard part in my job it was very enjoyable for me, I enjoyed being able to multi-task and I enjoy that
Pros
managers were very understanding of our personal needs, we would haver monthly outtings, the office envirment was always positive and calm
Cons
circulation of the hard copy paper went down due to internet so we had down sized a lot
Great experience!!
Production Analyst (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAApril 9, 2015
A typical day at work involved communicating with advertisers, sales co-workers and engravers to complete daily tasks.
Flexable work schedule, good work enviroment. challenging
PrePress technician-operator (Former Employee) –  St.Louis, MissouriMarch 27, 2015
Fast paced enviroment, meeting deadlines. I learned a lot about computers and computer driven machines. Production practices and guidlines. gained experience in automated systems related to machine robotics systems.
Management was easy to work with and helped in any way they could to keep the job stress down and working enviroment productive.
I worked a lot of great people that were as goal driven as i am.
hardest part of the job was breakdowns, always seemed to happen as the worst possible moment.
Most enjoyed my co workers and the quality of my work at the end of the day.
Pros
Flexable schedule, 401K, good pay
Cons
only real con was working nights
productive
Independent Sales / Contractor (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 18, 2015
very productive
enjoyable
demanding
it was fun going to work. no stress
Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  McLean, VADecember 5, 2014
Fast pace environment with steady work flow. Most enjoyable part of job was the consistent interaction with clients and sales in achieving daily objectives.