USA TODAY Employee Reviews

Not the same Industry as before
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PA 19355August 1, 2017
I spent 12 years with USA TODAY while the industry was strong. Over the years I watched it change dramatically. During my years there I was fortunate to have worked with many good people.
very conveinant part time job for me.
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Harahan, LAJuly 13, 2017
Getting up early in the morning is therapeutic for me. As I am a morning person. Gives me my alone time. I love being out and awake when the rest of the world is still sleeping.
Very Productive
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJune 21, 2017
The place was very quite. Everyone trying to help and support. Great environment to be at. Learned a lot for my management and coworkers. the most enjoyable part was Finishing work on time.
Not gving enough notice when adding routes to your schedule and cutting mileage route without notice
Courier (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 16, 2017
Deliver papers to stores; billed some customers once a week; I enjoyed working by myself. Management was not interested when suggesting new locations to sell paper.
Pros
Able to work alone.
Cons
They wanted us to increase the # of placed to add the USA Today, but always seemed to refused location suggested
ambiente optimo y pago de horas extras dobles
chofer repartidor de ruta (Former Employee) –  new yorkJune 15, 2017
es un lugar donde todo esta bien estructurado, siempre te tratando amablemente y nunca se retrasan en el pago
oportunidades de crecimiento, aprendi como se hacen rutas de trabajo en todo la costa este y como se hace el reparto de periodico en toda la zona
Usa today
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJune 5, 2017
I worked in the accounting office in Franklin, TN. My direct manager was pretty good. But the newspaper industry was struggling so much it was pretty hard to get compensation or advancement.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Low pay
Workplace culture
Quality assurance lead (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAMay 15, 2017
You will be dying of thirst in a desert , no help or team work. Management is the worth part of it. Old technology with lots of discouraging policy. The secret of surviving there is to smash everyone with nasty e-mails
Pros
Nothing positive
Cons
More than what you think
This was simply an internship
Graphic Design Internship (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAMay 1, 2017
I did my Media Studes degree internship at USATODAY.COM.

Awesome people, upbeat and creative atmosphere and I really loved getting a chance to use some of my design work on their website.

Great internship and brand.
Pros
Creative/fun people
Cons
it was only an internship
Productive and fun working
QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAMarch 26, 2017
have done several things with these modules, such as front-end and back-end testing to ensure that the correct data was being transmitted from our back-end database; I also created invalid credentials and tested them to ensure privileges are given to the correct user. The methodology being used at USA Today is agile methodology. When I started with the company they were already on the design phase. I found a lot of bug/defect every day when I reported them to the developers they were fix based on priorities and severities levels, I also performed Smoke, GUI, Functional, Regression, System, UAT, Interface, Integration, and Backend Testing based on necessarily.
Good job if you can keep it
Reporter (Current Employee) –  Westwood, NJMarch 20, 2017
Gannett downsizes a lot. If you can keep the job, then you'll do fine, but you should always be looking for a backup plan. The work is fun, and you learn a lot while working there. You can really develop your skills and make a difference if you put in the work. Again, just don't get too comfortable because another slice job could be right around the corner.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Not a stable enviornment

Want to know more about USA TODAY?

Ask a question
Not much to say
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GADecember 5, 2016
I was my own boss, it was easy to get going. The contacts you have at the company are very professional, and the product sells itself.
A Company in transition.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  McLean, VANovember 30, 2016
USA TODAY has the makings to be a great place to work but due to a lack of experienced, strong mangement and the amount of change happening at once- it makes for a stressful work environment.
Prepress Imaging Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VANovember 15, 2016
This company cared about its employees. We were given plenty of in house training as well a budget that could be used for outside training.
Productive and fun work environment with dress down Friday's
Full Charge Bookkeeper, (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, NYNovember 1, 2016
The typical day of the job was performing bookkeeping task on a daily basis. Entering invoices / bills in Quick Books. Daily Bank and credit Card soft reconciliation. Daily Cash Flow report. Other Payroll and administration duties.
Pros
Free daily brakfast and lunch
Cons
no benefits
USA Today Work Life
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 15, 2016
I love the people at my job but as far as benefits and advancement they really don't offer enough options and I have been here 4 years and wish that I was making more money and that they offered some more career growth and more than 1 benefit option. Other than that this has been a great experience and a good learning lesson.
Pros
The people and I had a great boss
Cons
The benefits and the growth opportunities.
Old man Company
District Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 7, 2016
This company doesn't care about its employees, they don't give raises, make you work overtime and you don't get paid. All your hard work goes unnoticed. They won't the paper to fail. The higher ups git bonus after bonus but they took the sales rep bonus away. The lay off the hardest workers in the company and keep the people who don't do anything but sit on their butts all day.

In 12 years I got 3 raises unethical
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Poor management
I really enjoyed installing HVAC systems.
Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 19, 2016
It was a great career field to go into. The only downfall was the layoff periods. If I had the chance I would work in this field again.
It was a good place to work for
excellent time management (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 25, 2016
I like working for USA Today. You get travel to different location to deliver paper to Business. It was way to make extra money.
Pros
Having extra money
Cons
Getting up Early
My review
Carrier/ Hauler (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLMarch 30, 2016
When I was working for this company it was great I loved it and never wanted to leave it tore my heart out when they laid me off
Easy, But Tasking
Newspaper and Delivery Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 11, 2016
I wake up around 5:00AM everyday to deliver newspapers to various destinations on my college campus. (USA Today, New York Times, Star Tribune) This was a very good learning experience.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Early hours