USA Track & Field

USA Track & Field Employee Reviews

New Leadership trying to bring attention back to Olympic sport
Manager at USATF (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 29, 2013
Pros: young, energetic office, sports, travel
Cons: overworked coordinators/managers leads to burnout/turnover, politics
USA Track & Field (USATF) is the National Governing Body for track and field, long-distance running and race walking in the United States.

National Office is comprised of about 50 full-time employees based in Indianapolis, Indiana. Departments from Executive Office, Youth, Membership, Marketing/Communication, Elite Athlete/High Performance, Operations/Technology, Finance, Events, Merchandising/Mobile Marketing. Office is a blend of young professionals and middle-aged management.

Main Sponsors/Partners: Nike, BMW, Visa
Running as an athlete at the University of South Alabama was a life changing experience, teaching me a lot about myself.
Athlete (Former Employee), Mobile, ALDecember 12, 2012
Pros: travel, gear, food, scholarship
Cons: rigorous training, high-risk of injury
A typical day at South Alabama on the Track team was filled with hours of training, required meetings and constant communication between coach and athlete. This was a relationship-building experience as well as a life growing experience. I learned on a daily basis the importance of managing time and energy and how each factor of life impacted my performance and willingness to strive forward to succeed. I had a great over-all experience with the program , coaches, and the team with many life-time relationships started. the toughest part of being an athlete at a NCAA Division 1 program was the intensity of the training, running over one hundred miles in one week with multiple high intensity workouts through out the week as well. The most enjoyable part of being an Athlete was doing what I love to do. Running has always been a passion of mine, and to be able to compete under such a great program was a dream come true.
I love TEAM USA
Professional Track and Field Athlete (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 12, 2012
My typical day was training professionally for track and field and competing all over.
Assist with sponsorship contracts
Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 6, 2012
research companies
assist marketing and communication manager
fun atmosphere
Review
Professional Athlete (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNAugust 4, 2012
I truly enjoyed working as a elite athlete with USATF. I was given the opportunity to travel, compete with the best in the world and negotiated appearances and sponsorships on my behalf.