USA Truck Employee Reviews

Worst trucking company ive ever worked for
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARNovember 30, 2016
Got my education paid for through these clowns almost starved to death. Like any trucking company if u get lucky and kiss their backside u might get good trainers/dispatchers, therefore better loads. Most of their freight network is in the north east which most hate bc of all the short hauls and lack of money. I had 2 dispatchers and 4 different trucks all sucked very badly. When I wasn't broken down into had shifty loads and when I had good loads the position trucks they gave me broke down with was 2 to 3 x a week atleast.
Pros
Nobody expects u to show up on time
Cons
Its a trucking company so its mostly all bad.
Not a good company to work for. Horrible hours, with no appreciation for their employees or their families. Management team is completly bias.
Account Manage (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARNovember 16, 2016
If you have a family this is not a good place to work.
They do not appreciate their employees and the time and hard work they put in. Hard to get time off. Of you or your child is sick they will still try and insist you come in. Bad weather? Well they still expect you to come in.
Cons
Works too much
Solid Company
Vice President Finance/CFO (Current Employee) –  Van Buren, ARNovember 15, 2016
Nice people to work with, challenging environment, and lots of upside. Senior management treats employees with respect, and co-workers work well together.
Pros
Short commute
Cons
No place to eat lunch nearby
A few in management that careless about you.
O/O (Former Employee) –  TennesseeNovember 6, 2016
Overall I rate this company average like most. I was lied to by the operation manager on a dedicated account from day one. After getting off that account I went O/O. Unless you have no real responsibility. Don't lease on or from this company. If I got 3000 or more miles a week. They only gave me 2000 or less the following week. For those who say I was probably late for delivers. That would be incorrect. I been in trucking twenty-five or more years. Yes I know the games played in trucking. Out of three dispacters, only two knew there job. As of 5 days ago my lease with them has been terminated. After review of everything with my attorney. Its a good thing for me , because I was digging a hole for myself. Financially they was BS ing me. Would I say stay away from this company. Probably not, everyone's situation is different. I wouldn't go back if they gave me $2.00 a mile. I have spoken to to many drivers getting low miles as O/O. Go ahead and try. Let us know how the screw you. Also they have a new contract for O/O. Basically took your fuel surge and applied it in a way as if they gave you a raise. There are better companies than this.
Pros
My dispatcher
Cons
Pay attention to lies
Was good till they started taking away drivers incentives
Driver (Current Employee) –  Van Buren, ARNovember 2, 2016
I've worked for them for over a yr. Never have any problems with them. I get plenty of miles n get home when I ask. DMS bend over backwards for the drivers. I have now gone owner operator n still the best. For those not getting miles be honest your probably the ones that never get the loads del on time. Cause everyone else is getting them. If trainer truck is dirty call safety on it safety will make them clean it up. I've seen it. This company is great we are treated like humans not numbers pay is great. Home when I want to. Benefits are great. If this company is so bad why do those that leave end up coming back. N no profits? Then how are they buying all brand new 2017 kenworths.
Cons
Starting to take our bonus stuff away, like rewards program, They are like well now you get monthly performance pay, WOW most you can get is $350, Thats not even $100 a. Week, but yet you still have to waste time taking safety courses, Whats next they gonna take away
USA Truck is a great trucking company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, AROctober 18, 2016
long hours on the road and have to deal with crazy drivers. I learned backing princapls. Safty in any large trucking company has too much power. all the dm's are great the help out their drivers.
This place does not care about the drivers.
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILSeptember 22, 2016
Good trucks but very bad management and even worse dispatch. They leave you waiting along time for loads. Sometimes I waited more then a day.
Pros
Good pay and good trucks
Cons
Long wait time for new loads.
Hard-working unproductive not enough Revenue
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills FloridaSeptember 15, 2016
I've been with this company has seen them struggle for two-and-a-half years I've watched their stocks and I haven't seen his company grow with investors or values in the stocks. I have experienced revenue losses 400 to 700 miles a week I have watched a bonus program have the bonus program as incentives to strengthen this company but unsuccessful they're Q4 AND Q1 forecast for their stocks is showing very strong weaknesses. My personal opinion is that they keep trying to strengthen his company in areas that will fail my opinion shared by my mentor years ago if you want something you never had before you have to be willing to do the things you never did before to achieve them invest more in your drivers increase their revenue and that in return we'll build healthy relationships ,Trust and respect. Without this key ingredient my opinion no company will grow invest in those that take care of you first..
Pros
Hometime on time
Cons
Hard workers unproductive results
was a good company
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Van Buren, ARAugust 18, 2016
was a good company, typical day was driving management was nice and easy to work with. the hardest part of the job was being gone from home for long periods at a time
Pros
good pay and nice people
Cons
gone to long
Trainer's Trucks Are Filthy With Trash Everywhere
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARAugust 13, 2016
If you go to this company prepare to be observed by private-eyes. If you have to be paired with a trainer, chances are their truck is filthy with trash everywhere to the point where you'll be stepping on it just to get to the sleeper berth. Their trainers have vast egos and don't even clean up after themselves. At least, I speak on the two I were assigned. I could maintain my lane better than the trainer, he was riding the white line on the right side more than often. They scream safety all day, but what about the trainer's trucks who's interior look like a garbage disposal site. That's unsanitary and a safety issue, because what happens if the trainee trips on that pile of junk, and hit his/her head or injure themselves? Also, it'll prompt DOT inspect you or the company more frequently.
Good, Respected workplace.
OVER-THE-ROAD TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARAugust 11, 2016
You are kept busy for the most part, Managers are easy to talk to, and other drivers are always helpful. Hardest part is relaxing while live loading. Easiest part is going home.
Pros
Top quality equipment.
Cons
Getting used to electronic logs.
Poorley managed..people in power clueless on the day to day
Past employee (Former Employee) –  Several locationsAugust 9, 2016
Sadly this company keeps changing management and bringing in rejects from other companies. They don't bother to learn USA history as to what works and what doesnt and these ingredients doom the company to repeat mistakes and loose money hand over fist over and over again. Way heavy on the top side and too many people creating more work duplicating processes. Mgmt does nothing but meetings one after another.. bad ideas and you better get on board or your out...tunnel vision...waste money on fruitless ideas and process changes that fail to add value.
Pros
Can get away with doing nothing with completley clean desks staring at pc's, benefits are decent unless you're let go or leave ..they dont give your time to you.
Cons
Must agree with things you know are wrong, culture is unfullfilling and petty.
fun and exciting
Driver Trainer (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARJuly 31, 2016
great place to work. enjoyed working with all my co workers including managers. the hardest part of the job was how much time i spent away from my family
better than average trucking company
OTR Dedicated Driver - TOYOTA (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARJuly 15, 2016
Dedicated route pay is above normal. Great working conditions overall. equipment can be ridiculous. No problems getting per diems and cash outlay reimbursements
The relationship with all the drivers is great.
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Van Buren, ARJuly 12, 2016
I just enjoy getting up going to work everyday and interacting with customers. My job allows my that. I also like the team atmosphere.
Ok job, ok pay
TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARJuly 6, 2016
Decent pay per mile, but hard to get miles. Hard to get repairs done, lots of time spent waiting on repairs. Ok driver managers, the job is fine, the only thing that messed it up is without getting good miles on a regular basis I wasn't making much money.
good place to start working
truck driver (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, AR 72956June 12, 2016
yea i like this kind of work but the managemet could use work like with staying busy the hardest part of this job was the day we didnt have work to do
I Love work with this company
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Van Buren, ARJune 1, 2016
I started on a dedicated route before becoming an O/O with USA. They keep me running also with good pay. USA has been true to every word that my recruiter said to me. Also they get me home on time every time.
what i think of my job
OTL Driver (Current Employee) –  vandburen, akMay 17, 2016
A typical day at work is me picking up a hands free load and dropping off at destination. I have learned how to operate the people's net system. The hardest part of job is when there is mechanical difficulties because I am not making any money with down time. The most enjoyable part of the job is making money to support family.
Pros
great bennefits
Cons
over the road not home daily
ok in the beginning
OTR DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARMay 8, 2016
when I first started with this company my partner and I were making good money and we were treated good. when I came back as a solo after moving things changed and I was not getting more than 300 a week and sitting a lot. I decide I wanted to get into the owner op program they had and asked them, they set it up and told me to go to the dealership and pick a truck when I was near it. I went to the quality dealership in Indianapolis and found a truck called usa and was told 3 months earlier that I was approved but now all of a sudden I wasn't they lied to me and I quit because of it

2.9