USA TRUCK

USA TRUCK Employer Reviews

Definitely the worst company I've ever worked for, in any industry.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Van Buren, ARJuly 10, 2014
Pros: newer trucks
Cons: lazy mechanics, long hold times on the phone and qualcomm, low miles, long time spent waiting for next loads, can't get home
USA Truck likes to lure new drivers with false claims pertaining to weekly mileage and other benefits. The people (for the most part) are nice enough, but that does little to compensate for the low pay, low miles, long wait times while on hold, no compensation for layover or breakdown, etc. When you call in to speak to road service for repairs or a – more... fleet supervisor, you can easily expect to sit on hold for upwards of 3 hours or more. It's hard to make money when your truck is always breaking down and their own company mechanics make you sit for days simply because they don't want to fix a particular issue. I was also extremely lucky to get 1,000 miles a week. Makes it difficult to earn a living on $300 a week. Any time you request to go home, they suddenly have no freight going to the state you live in. You put in your request and it might take 2 weeks to get you home. It's been several years since I quit, and I've heard they've made some changes, so this review may no longer be accurate. Just passing on a few of my experiences, which is why I only stayed for 4 months. – less
Great Start.
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee), Van Buren, ARJune 10, 2014
Pros: payed for school, experience
Besides the low pay per mileage taking loads that would of got me home. They did pay for my school give me a new truck after 5 months
A good entry level job
Diesel Technician (Former Employee), Vandalia, OHMay 13, 2014
Pros: decent hours
Cons: not enough room for advancement
USA Truck is a good place for an entry level mechanic to start.
No wonder they have a high turnover rate.
Truck Driver Trainee (Former Employee), Van Buren, ARMay 7, 2014
Pros: easy to start working here.
Cons: not enough trainers, poor attitude towards trainees.
This company sends people to CDL school. They waive the tuition after you drive for them for a year. The problem they have is that they hire way too many trainees every week for the amount of trainers they have. It's about a 2/1 or 3/1 ratio. In my experience, I had a trainer that, when he was driving, was unsafe in his practices. I requested a different – more... trainer after that one kept starting arguments over what time I wake up every morning, and they fired me. I feel that me getting fired was due to the fact they had 4 people sitting in a hotel for 3 weeks waiting for trainers. – less
Growing company/Bad culture
Fleet Manager (Former Employee), Van Buren, ARMay 1, 2014
Pros: pay was good.
Cons: training and management was awful.
Everyday working for USA Truck I was put under unnecessary pressure. I did learn how to work under these conditions but it was not a healthy work atmosphere. The management did not care about real world situations. They just wanted results. Coworkers were not helpful due to the competitive matrix the employees were put under.
nice place to start
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Arkansas City, ARApril 21, 2014
Pros: home time
Cons: some time less milage
good place to work they get you home any time you want but some times they don't have good millage
Good start to build your experience
OTR Driver (Former Employee), Vandalia, OHMarch 24, 2014
Pros: good trainer
Cons: mad i did not get rehaire with no bad driving recored.
I was in training my trainer was great. I was on my way to working until i got sent home for medical reasons. I tried to come back but
Its funny how this company sent me away for a sleep study and now that I got it taking care of they did not bring me back. I was really mad after that. Do not count me out of anything I learned a lot in this business – more... and I will leave it at that. – less
Had a good FM and okay miles
Company Driver - Solo - OTR (Former Employee), Van Buren, ARFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: free lunches on driver appriciation week at terminal's, good fleet managers, break down pay
Cons: equipment break down, low miles, short haul, terminal cleanliness
I had a excellent trainer who I still talk to today, my Fleet Manager was good, and he is the best manager out of all of the ones I met. Some FM's are a joke. They got me my miles for the first few weeks then they started to taper off and made little to no money my smallest check was $9.07 one week.

The face book support group is good for drivers, – more... lots of trainers willing to help you out, all you have to do is be smart and ask. I had a brand new 2013 Frieghtliner but would be broke down once a month for a week at a time, pretty sure no fault of the company though.

My over all experience was good, I only got angry once or twice, mostly when dispatchers would play musical chairs with you over the phone. Driver appreciation week is nice, especially if you run in to a terminal for lunch, good bar-b-q.

Trailers - I probably had to spend about 10 hr's a week total getting trailer tires fix, ABS issues fixed, sometimes trailer lights fixed, the biggest was tire's those always seemed to need replacing.

Terminal's - Terminals were disgusting all the time, the showers were always dirty (except at van buren), the driver lounges were nice; nice comfy lazy boy recliners, which most were broken, nice big 52" or bigger TV's with cable to watch, not the healthy choices from vending machines but decent selections. Most terminal locations were easy to get to.

Good starting company if you are out of school like I was, I only left due to personal family issues, otherwise I would have stayed for the long haul or tried to if they didn't bankrupt me first.

The hardest thing about the job was getting motivated to stay in shape, I enjoyed meeting other drivers for USA and eating lunch and/or dinner with them and chilling over all.

Co-Workers - Most I met were good people who would bend over backwards to help you, some others were the whiny little kids that needed to go back to mommy and just have a normal 9-5.

Last but not least, if you cannot get a load on time, and do this consistently they will give you lots of short haul and or use you to ferry freight to near by terminal's or drop yard's, communicate with your dispatcher to let them know of any delays ASAP this will keep you from having that problem. – less
Good Pay
OTR Driver/Trainer (Former Employee), Van Buren, ARFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: being away from family for so long.
Pick up & Delivery in all 48 staes & Canada. I was on the road for a month at a time. I liked being a trainer because, I liked the thought that I helped put good drivers out on the road.
USA Truck
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee), Van Buren, ARJanuary 25, 2014
As a truck driver i was to pick up and deliver loads in a timely manner. I learned a lot from usa trucks safety department. USA truck dispatchers are the worst people to work with within the company. The worst part of working for USA was i was never home when i was suppose to be.
decent larger company
Truck Driver,trainer (Former Employee), Van Buren, ARJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: stable work, consistant pay, newer equipment
Cons: employess stealing, hidden video cameras inside the trucks
overall usa truck is a good place to work. the job is pretty much the same from trucking company to trucking company. usa truck strives to simplify the work experience. they provide good services for the drivers at the terminals. the equipment is fairly new. they do have security cameras in some of the vehicles. when you sign on you wave your right – more... to privacy to gain employment. some people may not like this. the pay is fairly regular and consistant. the runs are easy.
it is hit or miss with the dispatch. I had a pretty good experience with management, but some of the other drivers told horror stories. the other drivers you would work with you had to be careful because they steal from each other. also when getting truck service the mechanics will help themselves to your belongings. management does nothing about it even when you notify them of the theft. – less
Beginners Job
Over The Road Driver (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 31, 2013
This company is ok to start out with unless you have a lot of bills. I was lucky I only had to pay for my phone, car insurance, and satellite radio. They have a lot of issues...poor time management, poor equipment maintenance, and they know that as a new driver they can pretty much treat you however they want because if you want to get paid you will – more... put up with a lot. I made almost $20,000 my first year and got over 100,000 miles....yeah you figure that out. – less
Driving company
OTR Driver (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 14, 2013
I only liked working for this company because they taught me how to drive OTR. The trainer was somewhat mean. I guess it was alright for the time being.
Sitting for hours waiting for loads co. not established in the west.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Van Buren, ARSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: apu's and inverters in trucks
Cons: sitting for hours waiting for loads..
Not good co. if you live in the west. Not too fond of paper logs but got used to them. Co. took loads no other trucking co. wanted.
Ok company
CDL Truck Driver (Former Employee), Van Buren, ArkansasSeptember 5, 2013
did not work there long, due to complications with switching CDL to Oklahoma.
good place to work
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee), Van Buren, ARAugust 25, 2013
get to drive around the country enjoying the scenary while delivery the loads on time. dispatchers are friendly and helpful. hardest part is the long hours and time away from home. enjoyable part is getting to see alot of the country.
Watch out!
Shop Manager (Former Employee), Van Buren, ARAugust 23, 2013
Huge turn over. It was a great company to work for when they were young but over the years the work environment has gone down hill. They value youth and education over experience and dedication. Many good people have been "traded out" over the years simply because they found someone with a college education or they were a friend of a friend.
Productive and Fun Working Place
Freight Clerk (Current Employee), Van Buren, ARAugust 7, 2013
Pros: excellent employees
Cons: job security
Good transportation company to work for. Has a lot of thing to work on but 2013 has been a positive year for USA Truck, Inc. New management and different goals has the company headed in the right direction
USA Truck is a good place to start driving a big truck.
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee), Van Buren, ARAugust 3, 2013
Pros: i did see a lot of new country.
Cons: i wasn't home much.
USA Truck is a student, training company. They allowed me to learn from a good instructor. I had a nearly new truck to drive and they kept it well maintained. I met a lot of new drivers and really liked to see new places.
bad
Semi Driver (Former Employee), driverJuly 17, 2013
not a very good company to drive for. too many problems with fleet manager and dispatch. Semi was always having problems.

1 2 3