An exciting opportunity for a motivated candidate to join an experienced team charged with the implementation and support of Trading Systems. This is a high profile business facing role that works with the core technologies. You will be joining an aggressive team of self motivated employees implementing our Trading Applications. The rewards of your hard work, initiative and innovation will be internal and interdepartmental growth opportunities. This is an excellent opportunity for a developer or web developer who would like to evolve their skill set. Essential technical tools for success will be both Perl and Shell (csh, ksh) programming. The candidate will be focused on day-to-day implementation and support of trading systems, documentation and development of new tools. The candidate will need to maintain and develop internal customer relationships. The candidate will take system design direction from senior engineers and senior development staff.
Principal Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Duties include the implementation of technology in accordance to established and documented baselines, policies and procedures. Includes the use and management of the following technologies:
- Perl Programming
- Shell Programming (csh, ksh)
- Unix power user skill set
- Change Control Process
- Ability to follow and give directions precisely
Training & Certifications in Core business products a plus:
Sun Unix & Linux Administration
- Perl Programming
- Shell Programming
- ITIL Foundation Certification
Qualifications & Experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills as well as documentation skills, to include solid experience in deploying software and writing functional procedures
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the following Microsoft products: Word, PowerPoint, Project, Excel, Visio
- Understanding of customer demand and technology innovation to meet client present and future requirements
- Ability to work/interface with multiple Lines of Business and geographies.
- Proven record of internal customer support Technical The candidate will focus on production implementation and support based on standard practices and documentation.
Candidate should know the processes, commands and configuration files required for implementation and support.
- Strong Perl & Shell programming skills
- Some experience with SQL language and Databases a major plus
- While not required, experience with C or C++ * Working knowledge of basic network tools (ssh, sftp, scp, snoop, traceroute, etc)
- Must have a power user knowledge of the Unix Operating System
- 3-4 Years of Unix System Administration experience preferred