UAB Hospital Employee Reviews

Very laboring
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 17, 2017
Great hospital to work in, very hard on social life and very hard mentally and physically. Has wonderful benefits. The only thing is that some managers will not work with you if you have conflicts.
Its a great place when you are working with the right ones who are willing to go that extra mile, and do what there job is required of them to do.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 15, 2017
Its a great atmosphere, lots of benefits when you are full time the pay just is not enough for food service especially when you have to take a lot from the customers,and emlpoyees that visit, and work there. The coworkers just dont mind their own business its always something going on with a worker.
Does not promote team work
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 10, 2017
Management has a lot of favorites and people who they make exceptions for in the pharmacy department. They do not foster a learning environment. Most techs are not knowledgeable of the medications they are handling and when pharmacist are asked they either don't want to answer or don't know
Great place to work for benefits
CCMA (Current Employee) –  Birminhgam, ALMay 9, 2017
UAB is a great place to work, however they have a high turnover rate. Upper leadership skill are poor. I have learned a lot from working at UAB, there are endless possibilities to learn
good
Patient Care Tech/ phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 3, 2017
I worked on the Liver GI and Kidney floor . I assisted the patient with their baths take their vital signs and recorded them in the computer, also lab
Pros
good place toe work very fast pace
Cons
long hours and sometime 10 to 12 patients a day.
Respiratory Therapist/ Acute Care Lead (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 25, 2017
You gain much needed experience and confidence to grow in your career. You get to see so many things that may not be available at other facilities. Great diversity!!
Great place to work overall.
Clinical Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 24, 2017
UAB Hospital was a great learning and working environment. I enjoyed my co-workers, and got along great with my supervisor. I also enjoyed the work. My supervisor was very flexible with me as far as scheduling, and I worked with a pleasant bunch of people. Working at UAB also provided me with a wide range of experience in the field of dietetics.
RN (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 3, 2017
UAB is a very advanced hospital with professionals that are not afraid to take risks to save the patient. ICU staffing is fair, assignments 2:1, management fairly involved, lots of opportunity to voice opinions to upper management. Great benefits and pay is equal to hospitals in the area.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Great hospital to grow in
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 19, 2017
The hospital afforded my the opportunity to pick up extra work as needed within reason. We had lots of perks such as tuition assistance, savings at major retailers and great healthcare cost.
Pros
everthing
Love uab
RN-Women & Infant Service Internship (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 24, 2017
Such a great hospital dedicated to practicing up to date medical research. Always working on educating staff to better take care of patients. Love the city too.
University of Al
Material Management Technician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 24, 2017
I loved my job. I had to order supplies and ensure that everything was in order. The hardest part was seeing someone pass away and the enjoyable parts was seeing everyone working together.
Benefits
Cons
parking
I worked with an incredible group of health care professionals.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 17, 2017
I can't speak for every unit in the hospital but the ones I had the pleasure of working on were amazing. The nurse managers were truly interested in your growth and development. There was always support from the nurses and physicians. The patients were the best and worst part of the job. We took care of some phenomenal people but their prognosis was usually poor so it could be sad at times.
Pros
Job security, endless support
Cons
Hard to not get attached to your patients.
Productive and fun loving place to work
Environmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 12, 2017
I enjoyed. My job
Because of my coworkers and the team work that's instilled in the people that's there. The team was nice
Pros
very laid back, and professional; Easy
Cons
it was overnight
Medicare Patient Accountt Representative (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 15, 2016
My direct supervisor is very knowledgeable. My supervisor takes the time to explain issues with you and how she wants things done. Co-workers all work as a team.
Great Employer
RN (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 7, 2016
Overall Great company to work for. Safe patient load. Up to date equipment. Hospital makes vast effort to continuously educate employees.
Good people, Good Place
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 14, 2016
Good hospital to work at, no complaints aside from sometime hectic events. Good people in general. I haven't worked at other hospitals but this one seemed nice.
Pros
People, pay
Cons
can be hectic
Great Place to Work
Administrative Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 13, 2016
Management is very concerned with employee satisfaction, they go above and beyond to make all employees as satisfied as possible. The pay is decent and there are also bonuses that are given in relation to quality patient care.
Cons
Parking
Great place to work with good benifits
Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 5, 2016
I enjoy working at UAB I am just looking to move back home to be closer to my family. I love the people that I work with. Some days can be stressful but for the most I really enjoy my job.
Uab
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 18, 2016
As a patient care tech I have experienced multiple situations with patients, co workers and family members. My demeanor is to treat people how I would like to be treated and to also treat the patients as if they were my family member. There may been obstacles put out along the way, but I had to smile and push through it all. The patient/customers is always right and its my responsibility to accommodate them. On this journey as a Patient care tech I enjoyed making the patients feel comfortable and lifting there spirit through their time of illness.
Nice people to work with.
Secretary/ PCT (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 11, 2016
This job allows you to learn and experience many different things. You can also gain confidence from working here. A typical day at work would be a hard. This jobs allows you to get much needed exercise. We are always up running from room to room. The part that I enjoy thee most about my job is that I love to work with the different patients.
Pros
Becoming very skilled.
Cons
This job does not pay enough for how hard you have to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UAB Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2