UAB Medicine

UAB Medicine Employee Reviews

Outstanding place to work.
HYPERBARIC TECH - Hyperbaric Medicine (Flexi/ PRN) (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALJanuary 17, 2015
I love working at UAB Hyperbaric Medicine, however I only work PRN/ Flex. 2 days a week, Monday and Tuesday. UAB is one of the best places I've ever worked. Co- workers and management are knowledgeable and amazing. I feel lucky to work at UAB.
Productivity
Patient Encounter Specialist (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: great management
Cons: short staffed
Schedules appointments
Interacts with patients
Assists over 200 calls
Assist emails
Trains new employees
Enters charge data
Regulates copiers, fax machines
Great work place with great peers
Office Serice Specialist II (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALAugust 12, 2014
Got along with everyone I worked with and really enjoyed my job. It was usually always busy, I like busy.
Great place to work with excellent benefits for employees
System Analyst (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 5, 2014
Great place to work with excellent benefits for employees.

Working at UAB, there is no typical day at work. Your job revolves around the care of the patient and/or family members.

A majority of the departments work well with their employees and other departments within the organization.

The most enjoyable part of the job was providing care to our patients and making a life saving difference in their lives.
Some units are better than others
Patient Care Tech (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALApril 20, 2014
Pros: getting paid, top notch surgeons
Cons: cutting annual bonus, top out pay, point system, new nurses, higher turnover rate than you think
In the beginning I loved my job and now it has become just a pay check...that barely pays the bills. I work on an extremely hard floor so it's safe to say I work from the time I clock in until the time I leave...many nights we barely eat or even have time for bathroom breaks. Some of the RNs are gems while others feel they are above wiping butts, bathing and cleaning up blood! I have learned that you have to cover yourself because management isn't behind you at all. My position has help me decide to go back to nursing school so I can be a Bette nurse than some of my coworkers. The most enjoyable part of my job are my patients and clocking out! Certain units work with school schedules more than others...I'm on a floor that isn't so kind, and we are a teaching hospital so that's supposed to be priority #1... Also not kind to employees that have children...well my unit isn't.
Many incredible colleagues with whom to work. State bureaucracy can be strangling however.
DIRECTOR OF SPECIAL PROJECTS (Former Employee), Birmingham ALJanuary 23, 2014
Rapidly growing Academic Medical Center. Bureaucracy, political context and culture of the state can be frustrating and impede progress.
good place
Patient Care Technician, UAB Orthopedics (Former Employee), Birmingham, alJanuary 3, 2014
Cons: short break
assist patients with dressing, bathing, and bathroom. take vitals
Productive working environment
OR Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Birmingham, AlabamaAugust 16, 2013
Pros: educational facility also offers tuition assistance
Cons: not really flexible with school schedules
Great Company to work for. I learn something new pretty much daily. It is a educational facility and for the most part the staff is eagered to teach. The management team are always there whenever you have a problem, suggestion, or just need to talk.
Review
HIM Tech (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALOctober 29, 2012
Pros: great chances to grow and move up in the department
Cons: schedule, pay
What I loved most about working here is the chances I have to grow in the department and move and do different things. HIM is a wide open field and you never have to be locked down during just one thing. I really like that. The most enjoyable part of my job is actually enacting with patients one on one and not behind a desk all day without enacting with anyone. I really enjoyed the hands on aspect of my job.
Enterprise Experience
Data Security Specialist (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALOctober 26, 2012
A very large, complex and challenging place to work that can be rewarding in regards by contributing to quality healthcare and valuable research.

About UAB Medicine

About UAB Medicine At UAB Medicine, a career is more than a 9-to-5 job – it's a calling, an opportunity to truly make – Read more

UAB Medicine Salaries