UAMS Employee Reviews

Why
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 25, 2017
Why do I need to do this? I see no need to fill out this box because you do not need this information. It's an invasion into my thoughts about why I'm looking for another job.
Pros
It's a large Hospital
Cons
Parking at the hospital is terrible
Emergency Department Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 12, 2017
Great place to work at and learn at. Excellent staffing that's willing to teach and make sure you understand what's going on, and if not their willing to go back over it with you until you understand. Benefits are excellent as well
Patient Care Tech
Endoscopy Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 3, 2017
make sure that all needs of the patient were met such as bath, daily meals and cleaning of the rooms
making sure to draw blood as needed by the Doctor
making sure the patients drains are empty and logged daily
Work together as a team. Dont go back and forth
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 2, 2017
Being productive is making sure the customers are satisfied with what they buy. Answers questions that customers may have about a product. If you cant answer the question. Find someone that can.Having fun at work is enjoying working with your co-workers. Let them know that we need to work together as a team. Not having to asking the same question over and over about helping with things that need to be done in the store
Pros
If you get something for lunch. Make sure you pay for it
Cons
Eat the proper foods to keep your good health
Meeting new people from all over the world
Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 23, 2017
UAMS was an exciting job and everyday was always different. You had the opportunity to work with people from all over the world. I was never bored and enjoyed the job.
Pros
Special days like employee appreciation
Cons
Worked a lot of overtime
I am pleased over all with UAMS as an employer
Clinical Service Manager Cancer Institute (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 23, 2017
I have worked here for 10 yrs. I started in the OR, work as an inpatient manager and currently a manager in the outpatient Cancer Service Line. UAMS is a very large facility with many moving part's but UAMS offer's a ton of opportunities to learn and advance in your field of study. I think it is a great place to work but the pay needs to be competitive with the local market and not comparable to other learning institution's outside of our state.
Pros
awesome benefits
Cons
no raises, salaries are below current market place
day in the life
Clinical Research Nurse (Current Employee) –  Little Rock ArkansasMarch 10, 2017
fast pasted enthusiastic staff. UAMS is a diverse teaching/research hospital. Multi cultural. advanced technology. has excellent preceptor programs for new staff. caseloads are large due to the population area. team work is the best.
Pros
work hours
Cons
having to work a weekend every 8 weeks. no overtime day off midweek
At first glance, it was pleasant, but once the freshness wore off, the true nature was revealed
Insurance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 2, 2017
I enjoyed my job with UAMS. I wasn't at the main building, I was over by ACH. There was a great front desk staff and I worked in the insurance area. There were a few women in the back office area who would make sure that i knew they didn't like me on a daily basis. At first I was able to ignore it, then it began to be more obscene, rude and completely uncalled for. I had taken the issue to my director and unfortunately the main person that was causing the issue barged into the director's office and made a scene. A few days later, I resigned, effective immediately. My director completely understood and made sure that my personal file remained untarnished.
Pros
I enjoyed working there, the patients, physicians, other staff were great
Cons
I never expected to be bullied as an adult
Patient Food Services at UAMS
Patient Food Services Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 27, 2017
In a typical day I would make the schedule for my employees, assist my team with any food prep or preparing trays, re-stock coolers with drinks, supplements, and prepackaged food items, and communicate with department directors. The hardest part of the job was having to do most of the work myself due to the employees my director hired while also having to do the job without any support from my directors or co-workers.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Too much work for one person
Take Control Project
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Dumas, AR 71639February 3, 2017
I went out door-to-door talking to people about there blood pressure, I would take the blood pressure, anything over 145/90, I would ask them if they would like to participate with the project, if they was I then would sit them up on a schedule for somebody to come and monitor them. The project lasts up to 12 months. I also would set up a table either inside or outside various stores throughout Desha county, with brochures regarding the Take Control Project. I enjoyed getting out of the office and talking to different people.
Cons
over all project was a joke and waste of my time
Good Co
Practice Director (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 18, 2017
Named provider retired after over 40 years in practice, All other providers scattered and were disinterested in purchasing or continuing the practice.
great place to work if your a student
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 25, 2016
I like working here. you get great hands on experience the training is very thorough and if you ever have a problem m there are several resources to get the help you need. tuition payment is the cherry on top.I come to work get vitals in up to 10-15 rooms, then i make sure all my patients are comfortable and get their blood sugars, turn them and do baths and assist with meal preparation and eating. i literally am the right hand man to every patient.
Pros
benefits are great, they pay for tuition
Cons
too many students in school the schedule can be a mess.
State Employment
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 11, 2016
UAMS is a university hospital and an awesome one. I loved working here and hated to leave. I had a very young family and was required to be closer to home.
Productive work place
Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 8, 2016
Helping parents complete long and short term goals. Helping to educate them to better there families. Being involved with the children to make it a fun place.
Pros
flexible
Cons
no raises
Busy family like atmosphere
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 8, 2016
Where I work is a smaller department of UAMS. This company strives daily to make changes to improve work flows for their employees and to improve the overall work productivity of the organization.
Productive and respected organization
Medical Billing Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 7, 2016
Great place to work with a sense of purpose and belonging. They offer awesome benefits and new and innovative changes are occurring regularly.
Benefits
Cons
Parking
Hostile Work environment, very unporfessional
Lab Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 27, 2016
My schedule was changed numerous times without my knowledge or approval, and without a 2 weeks notice as stated in the policies...................................
Cons
Hectic work schedule, too unpredictable.
Fum workplace
Access Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 21, 2016
It was a very nice place to work for . The staff is fun and friendly for the most part . I enjoyed working there and would mist definitely return . it just seems so tough sometimes because of all the applicants
Benefits
Cons
May not get a lunch some days
Great serice
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 14, 2016
• Performed vitals, lab testing, and injections
• Efficient filing, charting, and documenting
• Answers the telephone and any donor inquiries regarding the procedure, payment and company policies in a prompt, professional manner
• Cleans and maintains equipment on a daily basis and troubleshoots issues as they arise
Great Benefits
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 7, 2016
Great place to start off in life, and the benefits are good..That's about it! They have several shifts to work with you on. It depends on your experience, or where they figure you'll be best positioned as!
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UAMS. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval