UAMS

UAMS Employee Reviews

Management Project Analyst I (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARApril 28, 2015
Pros: Free lunches whenever we catered an event for the doctors...
Cons: No job growth for me while I was there and catty women
I felt held back at this job and wasn't afforded many opportunities for growth and I felt there was favoritism between some workers by the boss.
I learned a lot about the Medical field in Ophthalmology and how a real clinic works behind the scenes.
Management wasn't the best.
My co-workers were all much older, catty, women who kept trouble brewing for no reason.
The hardest part of my job was being in position where I wasn't able to grow and gain more duties that were meaningful for my work.
The most enjoyable part is meeting a couple friends while working there who I still keep in contact with and were really good people.
Data Collection for Obesity Research
Data Collector (Former Employee), Russellville, ARMarch 19, 2015
A typical day at work includes observing Teachers using the WISE curriculum, rating their usage of the program and the students participation; Monthly telephone interviews with participating parents. The research assistant is our supervisor and she is organized, enthusiastic and a great mentor.
Intern
Community Researcher Intern (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARMarch 6, 2015
I learned a lot interning at UAMS. Very friendly staff who were lile family. There were many resources when i had questions.
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN WORKPLACE
Floor Tech (Former Employee), LR, ARFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: benefits
NICE AND COMFORTABLE WORK ENVIORMENT. GREAT MANAGEMENT TEAM. GREAT BENEFITS. MAINTAINED ORDER WITHIN A FRIENDLY AND ORGANIZED WORK AREA.
Great working environment
Grant Accounting Manager (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: great healthcare and vacation time
• Review grants before submission for approval.
• Analyze financial reports, financial statements current and future financial reports for department.
• Mentoring payments and collecting on outstanding accounts.
• Prepare financial reports annual and quarterly for Principal Investors.
• Responsible for the financial management of Federal, State, private Grants and Clinical trials.
• Parking and release Interdepartmental Transfers in SAP
• Setting up new grants as well as Advance accounts.
• Reconcile funds for departmental Grants.
• Bill the Clinical trials thru SAP and make deposits
• Ensure supplies are being ordered in a timely manner
• Supervise travel and BTA account
• Prepare close outs on departmental grants upon expiration.
• Submission of quarterly, semi-annual and or/ annual Financial Status Reports to Principal Investor.
• Bill the core facility and make deposits
• Prepare weekly financial report.
• Prepare and processes monthly invoices using SAP.
• Responsible for the financial management of contracts.
• Responsible for ensuring BTA is reconciled correctly.
• Approve travel
• Responsible for processing budgets in SAP for Grants and Trials.
• Supervisor
• Assist in Space Survey
• Assist in departmental human resources matters.
• Assist in preparation of Time and Effort reporting
• Responsible for accounts payable/receivable, billing /invoicing, collections, payroll, financial statements, deposits and petty cash.
• Produce monthly budgeting and analytical reports.
• Processing departmental allocation changes
AR Cares
Mental Health Paraprofessional (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: clients
Cons: the pay
I enjoyed the interaction with the clients and their children. Work hours varies at time but for the most things was good.
Interesting
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 15, 2015
As a patient Care Technician I had the opportunity to meet and help people. To be there for them when they needed me.
A great place
Guest Speaker (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: great working environment
Cons: limited days
I have been a guest speaker for the first and second year medical students at UAMS on multiple occasions. I learned a lot about speaking to groups about various medical topics. I really enjoyed working for the supervisor of the clinic. I really respected my co-workers there. The hardest part of that job was the limited days of it. I loved every part of being at UAMS.
Great place to work, huge retirement matching, good people
Pathology Dept. Manager – Inform.Tech. Liaison (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: good people, job security
Cons: you pay for parking, salaries are below average
I have worked at UAMS for over 30 years. There have been good times and bad. But is is a great place to work. great benefits. Outstanding retirement matching in the CREAF stock fund which consistently out performs. generous vacation and sick leave. A large an growing hospital with lots of opportunities. It is consistantly listed among the top hospitals in the US.
Good stuff
Health Data Analyst (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARNovember 21, 2014
Good place to work with excellent benefits, like: education tuition discount, 403b retirement, health, dental, life etc...
A Wonderful Place for Entry Level Work
LAB SUPPORT TECHNICIAN II (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARNovember 12, 2014
Pros: great work environment, good management
Cons: insurance not so great, no opprotunities for advancement in clinical lab
I absolutely loved working for UAMS, which is why I stayed there for seven years. It's a good environment for students, those looking to beef up their resumes or a good job for someone with entry level experience. The coworkers all worked together cohesively to make operation go as smoothly as possible. I really liked working for my supervisors Eddie and Bert. They were fair, honest and hard working. The only down side is, the insurance is not as great as you think it would be for a hospital and you top out of max pay very quickly.
fun place to work for
In-Patient Pharmacy Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee), Little Rock, AROctober 25, 2014
Pros: good co-workers
Cart fills, prepare IV fluids, do floor stock. Prepare technician work schedules. Deliver controlled substances to nursing units.
Great Atmosphere
Institutional Services Assistant (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: pay and advancement oppurtunities
UAMS is a great hospital, it's just the department I work for. No room for advancement growth, no pay raises, no evaluations, poor management and horrible communication between upper management and employees.
Great!!
PROJECT SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARSeptember 22, 2014
UAMS is a wonderful place to work. Great compensation package, great atmosphere, and supports employee development.
great invirment
Floor Technician (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARSeptember 3, 2014
great place to work for also had a nice working invorment with nice employments
a very productive and fun environment to work in
Access Coordinator (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARAugust 25, 2014
Working at UAMS was wonderful. I worked with a great staff and learned so many new things. I learned new medical terminology. I got to hep doctors when need. It was an overall great experience.
Limited opportunities for non-medical personnel
Nursing Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARAugust 5, 2014
Limited opportunities of non-medical personnel. Less than average salary and benefits.
Fast paced workplace
Patient Transportation (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARMay 30, 2014
Pros: paid lunch
Long shifts 30 minute lunches. Two 15 minute breaks. A variety of new faces each day.
Great Hospital
Phlebotomist, Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARApril 30, 2014
Pros: great location
Cons: low pay
Greet donor and provided customer service to clients and patients.
-Performed Medical screening, which included vital signs to determine if donor is eligible to donate by the medical and physical exam.
-Collected and performed blood donations and maintained confidentiality of client related information.
-Performed component preparations, daily tasks, supplies and quality control.
-Clerical duties including, filing, ordering supplies, computer entries and scheduling appointments for autologus and directed donations.
UAMS Lifestyle
Grants Specialist (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARApril 2, 2014
Assisting the Hartford Center of Geriatric Nursing Excellence (HCGNE) Leadership Team achieve grant goals and objectives for the grant period Maintains work plan to monitor outcomes of grant activities and provide data for yearly reports, surveys and site visits

1 2 3