UAMS Employee Reviews in United States

Poor management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 22, 2016
Poor management, poor use of resources. Work assignments not related to experience or talent. Staff moral low. I love the OR. It is fun to work with residents and attending physicians.
definitely a job I would take on full time if I was not in school
Operator (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 10, 2016
I liked working at UAMS because they were a great company with great management and made me feel comfortable. They always helped me with any problems and were willing to cooperate. I loved the environment and staff. I learned alot of medical terminology in order to direct patients. My co-workers were very nice and helpful. I enjoyed helping patients.
caring eniviroment
EEG Technician (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 1, 2016
checking pt in and out of clinic, verify insurance, customer service, and patient care skills I like working with company
Pros
healthcare benefits
Cons
short breaks
Excellent workplace
Patient Care Tech (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 31, 2016
I enjoyed working with the nurses and the experiance was great, I would definately do this job again if one came avalible
Excellent Center of Learning and Patient Care Research
PCMH CARE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 18, 2016
I conduct patient care coordination between Med Specialtist and Primary Care Service Line, Conduct Personal and Class Based Education for high risk population of patients in the Primary Care Service Line and Internal Medicine North, Educate and Assist Resident MD's with outpatient clinic in IMN, and participate as active member of Patient and Family Center Advisory Council to the IMN Clinic to advance patient centered primary care and overcome challenges within the IMN clinic. I have had an education in insurance, HEDIS, and PCMH based programs that you cannot buy over the last 3 years. I have been able to network with PCP's, Residents, and Specialist both inside and outside of the UAMS system to coordinate care for patients, as well as many community based programs and services. I have learned to work with all team members and draw on their strengths rather than picking out weaknesses. Every team member has a role to fullfill for the improvement of the patient condition. This job is every changing and evolving, and has led to dramatic changes within clinical processes at the clinic level. I enjoy the teamwork, and challenges that have given me the opportunity to engage patients, families, and residents in a new dynamic of care. We have been able to compile registeries, and see the direct results of our efforts via tracking data within these registeries over time. I love being able to enable patients to be a part of the care team, rather than treating disease processes alone.
Pros
Excellent Encouragement to Advance Knowledge Base and Persue Growth within your field
Cons
Slow to initiate some changes due to lengthy process for approval
Wonderful company to work for
Education Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARApril 26, 2016
I have enjoyed my time here at UAMS, although I do not work at the main campus I feel involved with the everyday activities. the benefits are wonderful and the employees are very caring and professional.
Pros
benifits
Cons
no room for advancement at my position level
good job
hospital billing (Former Employee) –  ArkansasApril 22, 2016
that some of the people do think your life outside the company wouldn't effect the job performance

some need more training
Cons
some of the supervisors need more training
great place to work
Education Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARApril 22, 2016
very happy with benefits and work schedule, good company to work for.
8-430 hours
paid time off and holidays
i love working with my students it is very rewarding
Great learning and growing professionally environment
RN (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 19, 2016
a balanced day included direct patient care, PR with patient/family and colleagues, continuing education ongoing striving for excellence as a professional.
Wonderful place to work with professional people and terrific benefits
Admin Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 8, 2016
I loved the atmosphere of the office working closely with peers to maintain the integrity of the research we were part of doing.
I learned computer skills and compliance regulations that have helped me every day in my current job.
Hardest part of the job was the language barrier with some of the lab staff but we made it work and adjusted as needed.
Talking to patients and helping them was always a good part of the day and enjoying friendships that formed from working with such great people
Would not recommended
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 18, 2016
There maybe some areas in this hospital that have nice people to work with. But in the department I work in they are not so helpful.
Productive place
patient care technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 25, 2016
A typical day at Uams was helping out patients and tending to their needs and concerns,I miss working with my coworkers. The hardest part of the job is when I was working and some of the staff felt that they shouldn't have to help because of their job title. The most enjoyable part about my job was helping the patients and family members with their needs and concerns and putting smiles on their faces.
Pros
benefits, teaching hospital
Cons
short breaks, better equipment to do job
A very fun place to work at
call center (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 24, 2016
I love uams its just time for a change ive worked with alot of people here and it was good Im moving to los angeles for about 2 years .
The seventh floor
RNs (Former Employee) –  Little Rock ArkansasJanuary 20, 2016
A friend of mine was in the hospital last week she was bad and she's battling cancer on the seventh floor the nurses act like they didn't want to be there the heck like to have an attitude and they were just really horrible and I see if you asked for help they take forever to get to you because they're too busy downstairs either outside smoking or on their phone is lousy the way these people are ignorant are losing their lives and then they can get the proper care and that they need I will make sure I will not be at that hospital when it's my time to go
Day at work
HR Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 13, 2016
I answer emails/phone calls regarding employee's benefits/payroll/FMLA. I process reports. Most enjoyable part of my job is when payroll is done!
Pros
Employees
Cons
Inconsistency; communication
very interesting and detailed work.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 6, 2015
loved learning how to submit information for comparison and grant approvals. Doctors were very people-oriented and willing to help. The most enjoyable part of the job was gathering details to compile the results.
Pros
loved the work enviroment.
Employee Driven
Clinic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 10, 2015
They seek and retain long term employment. They express and show concern for their staff. Training is effective. Needs of employee are met.
Great hospital to work for.
PSA (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 20, 2015
I wish I didn't have to leave my job at UAMS/PRI but I had a family medical emergency and needed to be at home for a couple of months. Most days were exciting and educational, as with any job it was sometimes a little overwhelming. I learned patience and to take one day at a time and to be a quick thinker. I really enjoyed my co-workers. They were able to teach me their different experiences and education to help me do my job better. The hardest part about my job was becoming attached to a patient and them being discharged and not knowing how they are when they my care. My favorite part of the job was getting to know all the different personalities and back ground of my co-workers and patients.
Pros
changing the lives of the patients.
Cons
Never knowing if patient is ok after discarged from hospital
It is a great place to work
cpc (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 9, 2015
Hours are very flexable as long as you work your 8 hours in a day, you can vertually work any hours.
Managers are really great.
I get along with all of my co-workers.
I like the fact that if I go out of state I can take my job with me.
great company to work for
Personal Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 6, 2015
fast past fun loving hospital to call my employer. the staff is friendly and well organized. I would recommend this place toanyone

4.2