UBC Employee Reviews

Great company to work for. Laid back, friendly
UBC / Marketing Specialists (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 3, 2017
Lots of time traveling. Typically work day 8-5. Log lots of miles. Learned a lot about the broker business. Lots of extra money to be make. Spiff money on almost everything that was sold.
Worked at a time when you could sell pallets of product at store level.
Really learned how to make HHQ calls. Had a great boss who showed me the ropes.
Best part of my job was being rewarded for all the hard work. Money,Trips.
Pros
Trips.
Cons
Lots of time on the road.
Relaxed and friendly
Senior Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVOctober 2, 2017
Providing assistance to patient's, doctors offices, and working with pharmacies to ensure shipments are received with little to no interruption. Working with insurance companies to determine coverage.
I can not write a review
Senior Reimbursement Specialist (Amgen) (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 10, 2017
I can not write a review of this job/company due to not having any kind or good words to say. My department was just started and it all was based on a FDA approval that came months after the job had started.
RN Clinician Cross-Functional (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 5, 2017
This is an excellent place to work if you are ready to give up bedside nursing. You get a chance to help people with education. I would definitely recommend it to others.
Pleasant working enviornment
Program Management Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 31, 2017
UBC is a great place to work. Leadership develops employees and empowers them to grow professionally. The work environment is very inviting and team oriented.
It's a check
Sr. Eligibility Associate (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 26, 2017
At UBC the stupid succeed. Upper management is threatened by employees that have achieved higher education than themselves. The good ole boys ( and girls) network is alive and well here.And with the job market being what it is this place CAN NOT BE ESCAPED!!!It would be a tolerable place to work if the opportunities for advancement were equal, but unfortunately if you down kiss butt you don't get promotions you deserve.
Pros
Income
Cons
No real opportunities for advancement
Patient Service Coordinator III (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 24, 2017
All programs at UBC are program based. If the program does not exceed or client decides to remove program from UBC those particular employees are unemployed. Sometimes there is an option to move to other programs, but not always the case. Just be mindful. Salary, it was good for me. Others in same position did not feel the same.
Pros
salary
Cons
Program based employment
Typical corporate low compensation
Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVFebruary 14, 2017
Management was pretty ignorant of their workers and just pushed people to do things they didn't want to do. Not surprised retention was pretty bad. Also followed typical corporate rules of advancement and hard work was not rewarded by any means.
demanding
Supervisor, Reimbursement Services (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 10, 2016
fast-pace, client-driven environment. providing specialty medications to patients in need. providing great customer satisfaction. more programs are needed to assist employees with professional growth.
Pros
relationships
Cons
pay
Nice fun atmosphere
Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 29, 2015
Everyone in the building was nice and stayed to themselves. Management was never present, and you could do what you wanted to do.
Not Stable For Employment
SENIOR REIMBURSEMENT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TennesseeSeptember 28, 2015
great pay, but not stable. You work a 40 hour work week, but you work on drug programs. The manufacturer can choose not to renew your drug contract, then you are out of a job.
Pros
pay
Cons
job stability
Save yourself the headaches!
Sr. Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 27, 2015
In the thirty years I have worked as a registered professional nurse clinician and manager, this is by far the worst work experience I have ever had! I had to resign under duress after only four months. This should have been a wonderful contract, but with this company, it was s nightmare. Stay away, there are more deserving companies for your talent. I feel badly for the incredible staff left behind.
Pros
wonderful Nurse Educators
Cons
Too numerous to count
Good while it lasts...
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJuly 24, 2015
I really liked what I did, supportive nursing case management with patients and doctor's offices and coordinating services. I learned much about insurance coverages, supportive non-profits that help cover drug costs, and I especially liked educating and supporting patients. The patients for the most part so appreciated my being there for them, often commenting that they felt I was genuine and caring and they knew they could reach out to me and I would be there for them.

I did feel appreciate, had never received bonuses in any other job so I appreciated those and the pay was the best I had ever received in my 35 plus years of nursing. This was a life changing job for me and my family.

The workload at start up was overwhelming, at one point it was 4-5 times expected caseload. This was difficult as one did not feel they could service the patients and offices as expected. There was many hours of overtime in this period, nice pay, but draining after months of it.

Communication was a problem, though the administration did work on this issue and was trying to be more efficient in this field.

Direct supervision was good in my opinion. I had 2 layers of supervision that were more day to day and supportive representative supervision from non-clinical staff and they were all very efficient and helpful and courteous.

There is no retention within the company, if a client no longer requires your services, you have to interview and go through process in house as if you are a new employee for the few jobs there might be within the company. Most have to find jobs elsewhere.
  more...

The company gave good notice and support once they knew the program was ending and generous pay and benefits to allow some time to look for a new job while still receiving some pay.

Overall,
I appreciated working for this company and would continue to work for them if there was a job for me. I felt they were appreciative of my services, compensation and benefits were fair and competitive, and when they informed me my job would be eliminated, it was with 1 month plus notice and they offered fair benefits and guidance with HR to help me look to my next step.
Pros
Competive salary, bonuses, fair working conditions, benefits are fair.
Cons
no security, company is at mercy of clients so if they stop using the Nursing support, you are out of job. Communication needs to be better. The workload can be overwhelming at times, sometimes 4-5 times what you were expecting as a caseload.
not to bad if you have friends or family
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Hobart, INJune 2, 2015
Only way to keep a job is to be best friends with the boss!
there are no vacations. or holiday pay. The pay is good but that's about it. I would rather makes less wages and work more steadily, instead of being laid off all the time and having to look for my own work.
Pros
good benifits and retirement
Cons
No vacations
its like a community college
patient service coordinator (Current Employee) –  st. louis moMay 3, 2015
Some people are mature while others are not. We work 730 to 6 monday through Friday and mandatory Saturday's. No time for family or to handle anything else going on in personal life. They only allow you so many times to go to the rest room so heaven forbid your having a health crisis. They make the description seen like your actually doing something when it's basic call service
Pros
none other than its a check
Cons
cafeteria HIGH, vending machines high
Inspiration environment
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Golconda, ILJanuary 18, 2014
A brotherhood of hard workers striving to succeed beyond limits.
Pros
Free lunches, free residential living, and recreation
Cons
Work from 8:00am-4:00pm Mon-Fri
worst place to work
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  orlando,flMarch 25, 2013
unsafe, on all aspects;; the management does not care about staff safety
productive and fun but very much hard work, great if you don`t mind giving a days work for a days pay
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Westchester, NYFebruary 6, 2013
go in early work your 8 hrs and know that your money for that day was earned.
Pros
benefits are good and so is the salary
Cons
government is ruining all of it
Great pay and benefits
Commercial Builder (Former Employee) –  Oregon, Nevada, and CaliforniaOctober 8, 2012
It is physically demanding work but the pay is the same for a woman as it is for a man, so I have no complaints and I was able to earn a pension.
Pros
the money and benefits
Cons
i don't have any cons