Uber

Uber Employee Reviews

Flexible hours, great way to meet people
Independent Contractor (Current Employee), Los angelesMay 20, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, getting to know Los Angeles
Cons: Drive my own car adding milage and gas expenses
I love working for uber it is a great company. They have great staff and are available 24/7. Flexible hours, and great income. Im people person so communication was always my way of making people feel welcome I would get review every ride and always would have a five star.
Its a dangers job you are all the time on road,
Driver (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 19, 2015
Pros: Time to Time arrange get to gather
Cons: Any time break
Its a stress full job, When to much traffic on the road.
New places new shortcut routes. Different people and ideas.
Management is good, they try to take care.
Maintain the Vehicle all the time.
Long ride good fair.
DO NOT BE FOOLED!!!!!!!
driver (Current Employee), SarasotaMay 18, 2015
Pros: Flexible Schedule
Cons: Very poor net pay and no benefits.
Sounds great but the pay is very poor. Demand is still not that good in the Sarasota Area. The fares are very low and tipping is discouraged. When I subtract $0.40 per mile as my costs I usually only clear about $5/hour. It is a fun job but you do not makes any more money doing it then working at min wage somewhere and you take on much more risk. Support for drivers from Uber is very poor. Uber has a great app and business idea but part of the plan is to treat drivers poorly.
thanks
Driver (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COMay 16, 2015
I drive when I want, get paid fairly and that's about it. It's not a career, but it's a great job to have if your in between things.
love the people
Uber Driver (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 12, 2015
Pros: work any time you want
Cons: wear on my car and miles
so far its a great job, you can pick your own hours, it is taking me awhile to get used to having no supervision no one to really fix a problem if you can't find a solution. is what i have to get used to is i have rented a application they get 20% and you get 80%. everything is done on the computers including any complaints or questions you might have. Its a fun job if you like people. I have had a couple of people that gave me a hard time but i am used to difficult people and just stayed polite and suggested they find another way to reached there destination. outside of that the job is fun.
HORRIBLE COMPANY. Doesn't care. Zero response and you don't make money.
Driver (Former Employee), UtahMay 10, 2015
Pros: Flex schedule, but only if you don't care about money, need to work certain hours to get anything at all
Cons: No money, Zero support, Dishonest company, Will take your earnings any possible way they can find
"Tips included" my *ss! They promote no tipping. You drive 25 min to pick someone up who is going 2 miles. So half of the time you don't even pay your gas money. Their integrated navigation takes you all over the country. No matter what you ask, you get the same copied and pasted response. They could not care less about you as a person. It's great if you want to consider yourself a volunteer. Research the company. They actually made thousands of fake request to lyft drivers just to be annoying. Who does that? How immature.
Great Place to meet new people
UBER (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 9, 2015
Great Company that has an excellent future in delivering quality service to the public at an affordable cost. The compnay has excellent promotions that promote the worforce.
PRODUCTIVE
Partner Driver (Current Employee), CHICAGO,ILMay 8, 2015
Pros: THEY PROVIDE HELP WITH OBTAINING A VEHICLE
Cons: WEAR AND TEAR ON OWN VEHICLE
COMPANY IS WONDERFUL. MANY OPPORTUNITIES IF NEEDED. BEST PART YOUR OWN HOURS. EARNING POTENTIAL IS ENORMOUS. WORKED THE CHICAGO MARKET.
LIE ""Work your own schedule, drive almost anywhere you want"" BS
UBER driver (Current Employee), FloridaMay 7, 2015
Uber is good for UBER and the riders, it is BAD for Drivers

They take advantage of those in need. promise freedom and prosperity and leave drivers with less than when they started.

They hire and spit out drivers, use up their cars, provide nothing but a malfunctioning app. which gets the drivers lost, which in turn prevents clients from giving the driver "partner" a five star rating, then the drop you and underpay you on the miles you did drive.

Their promise of protection and commercial insurance is a LIE.
Their insurance policy will not cover you, they will not protect you if you get a 437.00 ticket for picking up passengers at the airport. If you are lucky you will make $6 on that trip.

I spent more in gas, chargers, phones, time and wear and tear on my car driving it in West palm beach , Florida, than I made.
Uber it will cost you, in the end.

Driving for UBER like giving your hard working money to the company to party and have fun when and you pay there bills. go head give it to them.
time and money wasted
Driver (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 4, 2015
Pros: no schcedule, no bosses
I've been working for about 3 months. Its such a great thing to be your own boss and work your way. Which is not good is to provide your car, pay everything, fixing, tolls, gas after making not much money. It is unfair to drive from South Beach area to Fort Laudardale airport and make only 35 dollars, before they take their money. Not happy at all with that experience plus you never get to know if what you are doing is legal or not.
sitting in my car to rot
uber??? (Current Employee), atlanta gaMay 1, 2015
Pros: make your own hours?
Cons: waste gas and be shorted in fares.
i have been working for uber for some time now. the issues are,
youll sit around for an occasional fare making a few bucks. understand theres so many limos, uber drivers, side car, lyft, and even other taxi companies that are contracted with uber. so thats why the typical uber driver doesnt make any money. for example i have on several weekends went to work from friday at 9pm and stayed available most of the time with occasional naps till 6pm sunday and only made 300.00. so do the math rougly 35 hours= 8.50 an hour? and thats on a maybe...
=
Not what you think it is
Driver (Current Employee), Miami, FlMay 1, 2015
Pros: Rarely someone might tip you...
Cons: Everything about dealing with Uber
Typically you can work when ever you want but if you want to make any real money you will work the early pickup trips to the local airports. The dinner crowd is great for return trips but the night club crowd will destroy your vehicle and also ruin your rating. The issue we have in south florida is that uber has recruited so many drivers with their lies that no one is making any money anymore like we used to during peak season. In low season it is so bad that you're lucky if you get a quarter of what you made during peak season. One other very large factor is that Uber is operating "illegally" in Broward and Miami Dade county's. You take a risk picking up at the airports and don't even try Port Everglades for they will give you a criminal violation as opposed to a simple civil one. So go ahead and download the rider application and become a Uber customer, this will let you see just how many drivers are out there, it might just save you from ruining your car...
Flexible schedule
Personal Driver (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 1, 2015
Having a flexible made it easy to work the hours you had available as well as work as many hours you need based on the amount of income you need to feel comfortable.
Fun place to work
Uber Partner Driver (Current Employee), University Place, WAApril 30, 2015
Pros: lunches
Cons: paperwork
Love love love love love love love love love this job best opportunity i ever gotten in my entire life i can never be more thank ful then i am today
Flexible schedule
Uber Partner Driver (Current Employee), BostonApril 27, 2015
Flexible schedule, work whenever and wherever I like.
I have learned how run to run a business more effectively and efficiently.
The coolest part of this job is that I will meet different people with different personality.
Fun and innovative company
Driver (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 26, 2015
Pros: Positive work place and the ability to make your own hours
Cons: Dangerous in traffic as it is a driving job
I have fun being part of a company who is always trying to do their best in innovation and respect for its people and clients.
Overall Experience
Hornblower's Marine Service (Former Employee), Hawaii, HonoluluApril 24, 2015
My experience with Hornblower's Marine Service was very enjoyable and educational! I had the opportunity to learn all about navigation with the ships captain , something that I truly enjoyed. I also learn how to paint and do sanding, with I never knew.
I learn all the safety procedures on this a passenger ship. I learn all key ways in making the sanitation of the ship very cleaning!
Uber at your own risk
Driver (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 24, 2015
Being an uber driver requires long hours on the road, and you have to make sure you do all your sleeping at home. Unless you own the vehicle that you drive, its hard to make any real money when you have to share a car with a partner.
Finding new locations
Driver (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 23, 2015
Pros: -
Cons: -
Driving In the city has some glitches with the service and the office hours are 5:00 pm only to 7:00 pm to reach someone when you cant reach by text or e-mail and patrons say one pick up and its always more traveling on that fare.
Work your own schedule, drive almost anywhere you want. Bad management
Driver (Current Employee), Bay Area Northern CaliforniaApril 22, 2015
Pros: Work when and where you want, Passenger are great most of the time
Cons: Support from Uber is terrible, treat us like slaves
I have been driving for a year now mostly in the Bay Area of Northern California. I found that most of the passengers are great and keep me doing this. What I don't like is Uber management and lack of concern for their drivers. We are treated like second class citizens. Getting a hold of Uber for help is only done by email and can take a long time for a response. Email responses are cut and paste answers. Navigation is done by air miles when notified of a call but the road miles will always be longer where it doesn't make sense to take the call. Every time I work in a hilly area I get an email the next day telling I am turning down too many calls and threatened to be deactivated. I would like the CEO or any managers to drive for a month and to see how it really is!! We are constantly being threatened of subtly reminders that we can be deactivated. No immediate help is available. Rates are lowered with no warning and if you want to make good money you have to work late at night on weekends. Uber will change auto requirements with no warning. Many a driver had been left holding a car that he has to pay for that management decided for no good reason it is not good enough for their business. I am talking about cars like a Lincoln Town Car. It is good for working when you want and where you want but sometimes where you want to work has very little business. Feast or famine pay. No benefits, no job security, very little future. Some days I make $300 (very rare), and some days I make $15. All and all I make an average of $15 an hour but then you have wear and tear on your car. You make the decision if you think it is for you. I also drive Lyft at the same time because Uber won't keep me busy enough.

1 2 3 4 5

About Uber

Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our apps, we make cities more accessible, – Read more

Uber Salaries