Uber

Uber Employee Reviews

Customer Service
EXPERT DRIVER (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 2, 2015
I inspect new vehicles that are joining the company.
I enjoy providing great customer service to those who request service.
The next generation of Taxi
Partner (Former Employee), San Francisco Bay Area, CAAugust 1, 2015
Pros: It was nice to meet different people.
Cons: I don't have anything bad to say about Uber. They always was kind and paid well
I enjoyed working for Uber because it was nice to meet people, go to places I never been, and set my own schedule. If I had the option to return back with Uber I would. It's been a big challenge for me to get myself back into a car. The cars I had were leases and with my bad credit, it's hard for me to even buy a car.
Easy to handle life around job
Driver (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 30, 2015
You can choose when you drive and where. Finding fares was very easy. The app was easy to install and understand. Finding the people at the pickup location was fast and easy with the ability to call them if need, or just send a text.
Uber Driver
Driver (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 30, 2015
Pros: fun work whenever you want
Cons: alot of hours to get a good pay day
Its not as good paying as it use to be.
You have to put a lot of hours to get the money you desire
for example in Atl I will go out on Fridays 7 to 8pm or so, till 330am to catch all the clubers. You make 170 to 200 or so before gas. If there is a event going on some time you can double that. People that get in your car are cool. A lot of insurance issues for example if you have geico and they find out you do uber they drop you. But some ins companies are creating plans for uber drivers in some areas.
The best in the business
Uber Partner (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 30, 2015
Uber is the best in the transport business. ................................................................................................................................
Amazing
Partner - Independent Business Owner (Current Employee), Detroit, MIJuly 29, 2015
Great Company if you are wanting to have an avenue to start your own business. Great support staff and generally has your and the clients best interest in mind.
Terrible job unless you're doing it for fun.
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 28, 2015
Do not drive for Uber unless you're just doing it for extra money on the side--full time is absolutely not worth it. I did it full time from July 2014 to July 2015. 2014 was great. it all went downhill in 2015. Too many new drivers on the road, too many fare cuts. Uber don't care about their drivers, they care about their profits.
Uber entrpreneur
Driver (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 28, 2015
Great company to work for on your own free time. Meet all types of people from all over. But your main objective is to pick up the rider and get them to their destination safely in timely fashion. easy to get on as a driver, may take up to a week.
great part time job
Driver (Current Employee), DFWJuly 28, 2015
, uber is a great part time job that allows you make money on your spare time , however i dont feel like it is type of job you can rely on for a secured earnings , there is no benefits besides you make your own schedule and allows you take a break anytime you want
Great work/life balance!
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), TelecommuteJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Weekly Pay, Control of your own schedule
Cons: Contract position
Can be repetitive but it's a great at home position. Weekly pay and great managers! You learn a lot about the company through training and through your daily interactions with customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is being at home and the control of your own hours and you feel great when you can help customers and keep them happy.
I don't recommend this job to anyone who likes to be treated with respect
Driver (Former Employee), BostonJuly 27, 2015
Very little money which you will need to put
All of it it your gas tank. Your lucky if
You break even with cost of tolls and gas and Uber's fees.
What a Joke!
Fun place to work but more could be achieved
Contractor/ Driver (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: You are your own boss
Cons: Too many drivers
Love meeting new people daily driving Uber but what's the point when you can't make money. Too many drivers and they won't let me upgrade to SUV/Black.
Lowest form of corporate scum
Driver (Current Employee), San FranciscoJuly 24, 2015
Pros: It can't get any worse than it is
Cons: Everything about uber is a lie
They outright lie about what drivers are making to lure us in, then promise "more business" by cutting our income 40% over the past year to get "more riders." Then they hire anyone with a pulse and a car to take away the new business that we helped build!!! Then drivers start quitting so they further lower the requirements for cars again all the way back to 2000 and dilute the driver pool with some incredibly old cars! Not uncommon to see ubers now in old scary looking Ford Tauruses and Chevy luminas! Lol. The taxis are now the much newer, safer way to go compared to Uber! Rider beware! And that is coming from an Uber driver!
Flexible, but utterly broken
Driver/ Uber Partner (Current Employee), Rockford, ILJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Be your own Boss, Flexible
Cons: No compensation for gas or Vehicle Repairs
Its very hard to find riders in my town, I've spent hours driving and waiting hoping to find rides. The only real time to find passengers is early morning or when the bars close. I really hope Uber plans on marketing their App better so more people start using it.
Not a typical Mon thru Friday job
Uber Driver (Current Employee), Calabasas CaliforniaJuly 23, 2015
Pros: work when you choose
Cons: so much wear and tear on my new vehicle no benefit's low pay.
Every day is different. You never know what your in for, except where I chose to do it, southern California the traffic is going to be brutal. I decided to do this for a short term because of some travel I wanted to do after loosing my wife. I need to get something more stable and with some kind of benefit's.
Uber
Driver (Current Employee), District Heights, MDJuly 21, 2015
Pros: make your own hours, paid weekly
Cons: wear and tear on your car, gas, maintenance increase, dont get paid for additional stops.
I just began driving for Uber about 3 days ago and after spending about 5 hours behind the wheel i was about to make about 180.00 after Uber's fees.

The Uber app that is used to maintain the riders location and destination should be upgraded. The app only gives you a general location of the rider's location if they are in an apartment complex. It would also be nice if Uber let the drivers know where the rider's destination is. In case you need to stop and get gas or have to refuse the trip.

The company does answer your questions rather quick and adjust your rates if needed.
Fun way to meet people and get to know the city
Partner (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Get to drive all over Los Angeles area
Cons: I haveto spend a lot of gas money if I even want to make a dent in my earnings
I simply drive customers who order me through the Uber app as a part of a convenient and inexpensive ride sharing service. A typical day consists of driving late at night and/or early mornings during the rush.
Good atmosphere and i get to meet new people everyday.
Uber. - Driver (Former Employee), MiamiJuly 19, 2015
The job is fun, I meet new people everyday. I enjoy driving, and meeting new people everyday.The hardest part of the job is driving in dangerous weather during the night time.
Epic Sauce
Driver (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Flexible, awesome glory for Jesus
Cons: None! GLORY FIRE FIRE FIRE!
Jesus is Lord you can prophesy over your passengers.

I love talking to people about Jesus. It's really awesome!

I had customers actually hug me after rides
Fun work place with above mediocure support
Driver (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Meeting and conversing with people from various backgrounds
Cons: Uber management team, Wear on vehical, busyness depends on city
A typical work day begins around 6 pm, depending on the city, and end roughly around 2 am. I choose to drive these hours because that's when its busiest, and in choosing this job allowed me to work while attending the University of California, Davis. I learned that I can communicate extremely well with people from all different ethnic, cultural and work related backgrounds.The most difficult part about this job is communicating with the Uber management team because they can take three to four days to respond to a drivers, which leads me to feel that Uber is more rider friendly that driver friendly. Despite the difficulty in reaching the Uber team, creating conversations about politics, current events, environmental topics and even pop culture with the various riders is by far the most rewarding experience as many riders are career orientated and knowledgeable about topics that interest me as well.
Headquarters