Uber

Uber United States Employee Reviews

time and money wasted
Driver (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 4, 2015
Pros: no schcedule, no bosses
I've been working for about 3 months. Its such a great thing to be your own boss and work your way. Which is not good is to provide your car, pay everything, fixing, tolls, gas after making not much money. It is unfair to drive from South Beach area to Fort Laudardale airport and make only 35 dollars, before they take their money. Not happy at all with that experience plus you never get to know if what you are doing is legal or not.
sitting in my car to rot
uber??? (Current Employee), atlanta gaMay 1, 2015
Pros: make your own hours?
Cons: waste gas and be shorted in fares.
i have been working for uber for some time now. the issues are,
youll sit around for an occasional fare making a few bucks. understand theres so many limos, uber drivers, side car, lyft, and even other taxi companies that are contracted with uber. so thats why the typical uber driver doesnt make any money. for example i have on several weekends went to work from friday at 9pm and stayed available most of the time with occasional naps till 6pm sunday and only made 300.00. so do the math rougly 35 hours= 8.50 an hour? and thats on a maybe...
=
Not what you think it is
Driver (Current Employee), Miami, FlMay 1, 2015
Pros: Rarely someone might tip you...
Cons: Everything about dealing with Uber
Typically you can work when ever you want but if you want to make any real money you will work the early pickup trips to the local airports. The dinner crowd is great for return trips but the night club crowd will destroy your vehicle and also ruin your rating. The issue we have in south florida is that uber has recruited so many drivers with their lies that no one is making any money anymore like we used to during peak season. In low season it is so bad that you're lucky if you get a quarter of what you made during peak season. One other very large factor is that Uber is operating "illegally" in Broward and Miami Dade county's. You take a risk picking up at the airports and don't even try Port Everglades for they will give you a criminal violation as opposed to a simple civil one. So go ahead and download the rider application and become a Uber customer, this will let you see just how many drivers are out there, it might just save you from ruining your car...
Flexible schedule
Personal Driver (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 1, 2015
Having a flexible made it easy to work the hours you had available as well as work as many hours you need based on the amount of income you need to feel comfortable.
Fun place to work
Uber Partner Driver (Current Employee), University Place, WAApril 30, 2015
Pros: lunches
Cons: paperwork
Love love love love love love love love love this job best opportunity i ever gotten in my entire life i can never be more thank ful then i am today
Flexible schedule
Uber Partner Driver (Current Employee), BostonApril 27, 2015
Flexible schedule, work whenever and wherever I like.
I have learned how run to run a business more effectively and efficiently.
The coolest part of this job is that I will meet different people with different personality.
Fun and innovative company
Driver (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 26, 2015
Pros: Positive work place and the ability to make your own hours
Cons: Dangerous in traffic as it is a driving job
I have fun being part of a company who is always trying to do their best in innovation and respect for its people and clients.
Overall Experience
Hornblower's Marine Service (Former Employee), Hawaii, HonoluluApril 24, 2015
My experience with Hornblower's Marine Service was very enjoyable and educational! I had the opportunity to learn all about navigation with the ships captain , something that I truly enjoyed. I also learn how to paint and do sanding, with I never knew.
I learn all the safety procedures on this a passenger ship. I learn all key ways in making the sanitation of the ship very cleaning!
Uber at your own risk
Driver (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 24, 2015
Being an uber driver requires long hours on the road, and you have to make sure you do all your sleeping at home. Unless you own the vehicle that you drive, its hard to make any real money when you have to share a car with a partner.
Finding new locations
Driver (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 23, 2015
Pros: -
Cons: -
Driving In the city has some glitches with the service and the office hours are 5:00 pm only to 7:00 pm to reach someone when you cant reach by text or e-mail and patrons say one pick up and its always more traveling on that fare.
Work your own schedule, drive almost anywhere you want. Bad management
Driver (Current Employee), Bay Area Northern CaliforniaApril 22, 2015
Pros: Work when and where you want, Passenger are great most of the time
Cons: Support from Uber is terrible, treat us like slaves
I have been driving for a year now mostly in the Bay Area of Northern California. I found that most of the passengers are great and keep me doing this. What I don't like is Uber management and lack of concern for their drivers. We are treated like second class citizens. Getting a hold of Uber for help is only done by email and can take a long time for a response. Email responses are cut and paste answers. Navigation is done by air miles when notified of a call but the road miles will always be longer where it doesn't make sense to take the call. Every time I work in a hilly area I get an email the next day telling I am turning down too many calls and threatened to be deactivated. I would like the CEO or any managers to drive for a month and to see how it really is!! We are constantly being threatened of subtly reminders that we can be deactivated. No immediate help is available. Rates are lowered with no warning and if you want to make good money you have to work late at night on weekends. Uber will change auto requirements with no warning. Many a driver had been left holding a car that he has to pay for that management decided for no good reason it is not good enough for their business. I am talking about cars like a Lincoln Town Car. It is good for working when you want and where you want but sometimes where you want to work has very little business. Feast or famine pay. No benefits, no job security, very little future. Some days I make $300 (very rare), and some days I make $15. All and all I make an average of $15 an hour but then you have wear and tear on your car. You make the decision if you think it is for you. I also drive Lyft at the same time because Uber won't keep me busy enough.
Awesome job to have on the side
UBERX PARTNER DRIVER (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 21, 2015
Pros: completely and totally flexible, offer vehicle financing and leasing
Cons: wear and tear on your personal vehicle
When you can't make ends meet at your day job, don't quit your day job. Just drive for Uber. I look forward to this job every day. It's crazy how easy it is to make money with this job.
cold hard facts about Uber
Partner/Driver (Former Employee), orange countyApril 16, 2015
I will get to the point, most the time you pick up drunk people or younger crowd, you will be harassed by the "riders" and "uber" why? because customer comes first! then these drunks and irresponsible younger crowd rate you mostly ONE star because they are drunk and or irresponsible. if you depend on the income (bad move) since uber can deactivate you based on the rating, which a total failure no matter what they tell you, that they take a sample of 500 or more rides.

terrible company to partner with.

good luck.
Great Opportunity
Uber Partner (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 12, 2015
I have had great experience working with this company. I get to set up a business and use my business acumen to better my earnings. I have learned how to use my social skills to successfully do my job.
I like to drive so I have fun driving clients around the LA area.
Driver (Current Employee), Los AngelesApril 3, 2015
You work when you want to because it's your own time. Customer Service response to email is quick. I like to drive so I have fun driving clients around the LA area.
Fun Place to work!
Driver (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 3, 2015
Great Job! I love making muy own schedule. You just never know who you will meet.Being your own boss can be rewarding. Espically if you do not have to worry about overtime.
Day to Day
Partner (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 3, 2015
I'll go out during rush hours on weekdays and get about 5 rides. Weekends I am out from 4pm to 4am at least. I pick up a lot of people never had a horrible experience.
Good Job with downfalls
Driver (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 2, 2015
Pros: Create your own schedule
Cons: Low pay, no benefits
This job is pretty good for me now but the pay isn't very good, there's no benefits, and the company has done a lot of shady things.
fun work, work whenever you want.
Self Employed Contractor (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 30, 2015
Pros: work whenever, no set schedule
Cons: none
Great company, love the leaders, gives you control over yourself, No set schedules.
If you truly love helping people and your community and want to do that without anyone forcing you to do it, then this is the right company for you.
Waste of money, time, and mileage, Do NOT sign up.
Driver (Former Employee), Charleston, SCMarch 24, 2015
Pros: NON
Cons: They are a CON
Wow, where to start, except RUN.
Uber is good for UBER and the riders, it is BAD for Drivers and legitimate Cab and Limo Companies.

Uber is the new human trafficker. They take advantage of those in need. promise freedom and prosperity and leave drivers with less than when they started.

I now know why so many states and countries are out lawing Uber. It is for our own good.

They hire and spit out drivers, use up their cars, provide nothing but a malfunctioning app. which gets the drivers lost, which in turn prevents clients from giving the driver "partner" a five star rating, then the drop you and underpay you on the miles you did drive.

Their promise of protection and commercial insurance is a LIE.
Their insurance policy will not cover you, they will not protect you if you get a 437.00 ticket for picking up passengers at the airport. If you are lucky you will make 15.00 on that trip.

I spent more in gas, chargers, phones, time and wear and tear on my car driving it in Charleston's potholes, than I made. When I contacted Uber for assistance with the app. I tried to explain to them that it lost satellite reception, and what did they do?

They said your rating is 4 star and you are deactivated.
Heck, I thought 4 stars was good. It turns out 4 stars is a slap in the face.

Uber it will cost you, in the end.

1 2 3 4 5

About Uber

Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our apps, we make cities more accessible, – Read more

Uber Salaries