Uber

Uber Employer Reviews

Uber -Amarillo Texas
Private Driver (Current Employee), Amarillo, TXJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: freedom of scheduling
Cons: not enough business
The job is great in regards to making your own schedule. However Amarillo Texas there is not enough business to really make a living or a small dent in any debt with the earnings from the few trips you get. It works great in a large city though I hear just not here. If you are lucky you might make $30 to $60 a week.
Flexibility is key
Driving Partner (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 14, 2015
What I like most about Uber is i get to make my own schedule. The pay isn't as good as advertised but I get to drive in the comfort of my own car. I deal with all sorts of customers but my demeanor doesn't change. My goal is to get customers to their destinations safely and satisfied. We are graded by them on a scale of one to five stars just as they are.
Don't work for these croocks!
Driver (Former Employee), Los AngelesJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: some nice customers, you manage your own schedule
Cons: high maintenance customers, high turnover, drastic decisions, poor support, car deteriorates
1.Very dishonest company. They use you, your car milage, you have to pay for your own gas, car cleaning expenses, oil change often, in 2 months driving my car and needs maintenance again.

2. At the beginning they will pay a lot of bonuses, but then you will notice that payments get lower and lower

3. You have to deal with some drunkie customers. Immature people who give you bad ratings just to harm you.

4.They would fire(deactivate your account) any time, without warnings, at no reason.

5. Some passengers are nice.

7. Just check they are always hiring drivers.... high turnover. Which is not a good sign.

January 20, 2015

Uber is been a great options for transportation at very affordable price. As it’s advertised: drivers being their own bosses, friendly attitude, clean, comfortable and convenient service. However, there is another side of the story that could make this company collapse by its own system. Uber recruits drivers using propaganda. For instance, there are ads on craigslist where the mention “Make $ 1500.00 a week driving for uber”. It sounds too good to be truth. To make$ 100 or $120 in a good day, driver must perform at least 8 hours of work, with no breaks. Plus, the cost of fuel which is $15-$20 per day, the mileage of your car would generate frequent oil changes and maintenance cost finally the 20% uber deducts from your rides, let’s make math $120-24-15=$81.00. Then divide the total in 8 hours. It deduces that a driver could make $10.00 an hour net. Who wins here? Despite uber affirms making background checks, some events led this into doubt. A case where the driver picked up a couple at the Los Angeles airport, dropped them off, but took off with the passenger’s I pad and a bag with more than $500 in cash. Despite being contacted driver refused to give back the items and UBER replied stating that it’s a partnership between them and drivers and they are not responsible for stolen items. Uber does not offer any job security to drivers. Accounts are getting deactivated at no reason, leaving the driver with no income. Company does not follow firing procedures such as warnings or get on hold of drivers to hear their side of the story. Moreover, rating system is very relative and – more... is just left to the passenger side. Even, if riders are not right. With ratings less than 4.7, accounts are deactivated or technically driver is fired. Plus, some drivers finance vehicles just to drive for UBER.
Management acts with arrogance. My account was deactivated for no reason or not knowing why. They don’t chat with you on the phone just use e-mail to inform that account is deactivated. My deactivation was because a bad person that had intentions to harm me contacted UBER with negative comments about me. This person was not even a passenger. I did not even get a chance to provide my side of the story. Plus, when that issue happened I was not even doing UBER. I was driving my own car. This deduces that uber does not care about passenger’s wellbeing. They just care about the money and see partners like robots, or like nothing. I had a 4.8 rating average.
Your car will be deteriorated, consider this, think about the mileage added t your vehicle, the maintenance expenses plus the uber commission. Better to work in a Mac Donald’s.
Finally, ride sharing companies should use more ethical practices and listen to their drivers. Government should enforce this type of applications that harms people’s wellbeing. It’s similar to give you work one week and then nothing. After all, without the partners and their vehicles UBER would not make income. Drivers are people, some who have families, dreams and bills to pay. Not robots that are used and them thrown away. – less

Something New for las vegas community is always GREAT!
Personal Driver (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: work when i wanted too
Cons: can be an addiction
I got to work my Job at the community center after I would go home for 2 hrs then go pick up someone that needed a ride.
I learned that this is something All of Las Vegas needed. Seniors need it the most
Hardest Part is knowing when to stop
Most enjoyable was knowing I gave a guest a ride and they were happy.
UBER is no differant than Cabs or Limos
Driver (Former Employee), Chicago northwest suburbsJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: so called independance
Cons: wrecking your own car
To be frank UBER is only differant in that you absorb ALL the expenses,take all the risks for little no profit. I drove a limousine for 15 yrs where I drove a company car and paid gas and tolls and for liqours,beverages etc. With UBER you will pay FOR EVERYTHING , and have the honor of driving intoxicated or high individuals. And additionally you'll be BEATING your car to death . And beware you personal car insurance will not cover you or your car as a uber driver.
Money isn't very good, rating system is inadequate
Driver (Former Employee), TampaJanuary 4, 2015
I can only speak for the Tampa area. There isn't bunch business outside of weekend nights. Uber is mostly a drunk taxi in this area. Very little daytime business. Carrying drunks gets old fast. You live with the constant fear that they will vomit in your car.

The money you make doesn't justify the gas, deprecation, tire wear, etc. If you put in 40 hours you'll make about a full time worker at McDonalds makes. Except that he isn't driving his car into the ground.

The rating system is ridiculous. Customer can give you one to five stars. You are threatened with being fired if you drop to a 4.6. That's crazy. Do you know how many drunk people are fat fingering the rating? Do you know how many irrational people might give you a 1 because they don't like the color of your shirt?

Uber is another internet scam. They promise the moon but the reality is you're working hard for very little.

Things might be different if you work in New York city or Chicago.

I'm just telling you what's going on in Tampa
Worst job in the world......
Driver (Former Employee), IllinoisJanuary 4, 2015
Cons: everything (crooks)
This company is a scam.. They make it very difficult for the drivers to make any money with all the fees the charge. They hate to even credit you for a 5.00 no show. They suck and are crooks. Now they have drivers assaulting women. Trying to even get in touch with them is impossible . I would not recommend them to anyone. RUN. One of the worst companies in the world to work for, truly CROOKS.
Finding Free Friends and knowledge about DC and US people
Driver (Former Employee), Washington DCJanuary 3, 2015
I worked for UBER for 12 months and that was great experience and perfect opportunity to meet and talk to people and make money!
This should be an illegal business practice.
Driver (Former Employee), Detroit, MIDecember 31, 2014
Pros: i can't think of any.
Cons: where do i begin??
You use your new in mint condition vehicle while putting excessive miles and abuse to it and depreciating hundreds of dollars within hours while making a lousy roughly $10 an hour. Example, I had a fair that I spent an hour on the road for $6.74 due to the riders given wrong address and being extremely intoxicated. I drove beyond 7-8 miles each way to get to them for a 2.5 mile fair therefore I had to drive back to my house since it was only 1:30 AM. Many similar fairs. I made $140 on the weekend while spending $50 on fuel + car washes bottled water for intoxicated customers while none tip. This is the biggest joke to man kind and this method of business practice should be shut down immediately. The only way UBER is still in business is because they keep going through this cycle of hundreds to thousands of (NEW) innocent drivers who are unaware of this fraudulent concept and find out too late from separating fact from fiction. Their deceit and false advertisement of you making $1500 a week woo hooo down the pipe. Also, don't listen to drivers by UBER telling you it's so great doing it, BS nonsense. The only reason a driver will tell you that so they can try to make $250 when they refer you to UBER as new hired driver. I never dared to say such lies to people. It's karma what goes around comes around and Uber will eventually go down the toilet drain. The End.
Fast paced, entertaining, constantly changing enviroment
Tier 1 & 2 Community Support Specialist (Current Employee), RemoteDecember 31, 2014
Pros: the independence and trust given.
Cons: working from home. i like face to face environments.
Uber is a terrific company to work with. A major benefit is working remote. We learned how to on-board drivers by reviewing sensitive document information, assisted in all rider and driver issues they faced while on the road, troubleshooted cell phone issues, set up payment information for riders and much more.. The managers work very hard to assist us with the constant changes since the company is still new things are continually changing. The hardest part of the job was working from home, as nice as it is to work from home I prefer a face to face environment. All in all this job is a great experience and keeps you constantly engaged with all the new updates.
Absolutely horrible
Driver (Current Employee), Denver, CODecember 29, 2014
Your insurance company will non-renew you if you driver for Uber. It's really simple: you can't pay a personal insurance rate while running a business. All the insurers are non-renewing Uber drivers. Everything else is moot. Uber could care less that you're underinsured. They're exploiting the driver every which way but loose.
Slinging Strippers by design
Driver (Former Employee), Orange CountyDecember 29, 2014
Pros: work on your own schedule
Cons: changing fees constantly, dropping prices without adjusting employee fares, one fee after another
This company functions like a strip club. They like pulling in employees with rhetoric and hype only to then change the rules and money making policies on you until you aren't making it worth while to even go to work. Bottom line is they aren't treating employees good anymore and taxing more, and more on the employee. You really shouldn't trust them.
GOING DOWNHILL
Driver (Current Employee), dallasDecember 27, 2014
Pros: kept me from starving
Cons: price reductions, work way to many hours. average $8hr after expenses
They have signed up too many drivers combined with price reductions my UBER income full time has dropped 60% of what it was in June, July August and September. To many drivers on the map!!!. My year end from starting in June working 12-13 hours a day now shows $22K in earnings and $11K in gas and maint. Would you work for $11K in 6 months 12 hours a day 7 days a week??? Soon as I can get a job, I am gone...it does not come close paying the bills any more.

I feel sorry for all the drivers that bought new cars taking UBER's new car offering....UBER will take the car payment out 1st quite possibly not leaving enough for someone to live on and pay their bills.

Until the price reductions and before the massive new amount of drivers X 4 of what it used to be it has become just a part time job for many that are already working 8+ hours.

Beware of taxi drivers that double as an UBER driver 2nd job. Job fatigue will bite UBER oneday when someone has a Walmart type wreck and some attorney investigates the hours that person worked in a day.

If the Commercial Insurance rumor is true, UBER will lose most of its drivers or forced to hike rates to taxi levels since just 20K miles a year cost $1000 a month. I am driving at a rate of 80K miles a year... lord knows what that monthly rate will be.

When I signed up, UBER was advertizing $35hr. 2 weeks ago I saw an Indeed UBER ad "make $13hr" .....that's before gas expense!!!! UBER finally is close to the current situation "TRUTH" on what you'll make.

My advice, use it as a 2nd job and only on the weekends just to make a few extra bucks. With so many drivers now, you'll be lucky to get a surge ride maybe once a "weekend"...even working late a night!!! Everytime I drive into a surge area one of 2 things happens; it goes away once my car enters the surge zone...or 2nd people do not buy and wait for it to drop.

January 9, 2015

Duped by UBER again. When I signed up the ad said make up to $35 an hour. Today the ad reads make up to $13hr. What happened to the make $600 this weekend ad?? Want to see some real numbers? FYI I worked 7 days a week 12-14 hours a day an averaged $150 a day (15-20 trips a day) before gas and expenses. The new number translates into one of 3 things...1st accept $120 a day now before gas and expenses (15-20 trips a day) minus UBER's 20% cut, or work 14-16 hours a day now to get back to $150 (20-25 trips a day+ minus UBER’s 20% cut) or 3rd...BYE BYE I'll work at McDonalds and make more. The guarantee is bogus one of the 3 requirements will nix you every hour. Want to see the math with the new rates and what you’ll make the entire year??? 1. On a good day with the old rates before Jan 8th 2015 and making $175 a day before gas, the official UBER miles is around 120 miles to make that $175 of which say $20 of that is tolls. 2. 120 miles a day times 365 days a year = 43,800 miles. 3. Now double the miles (travel time to get there, travel time back, going to hot spots, etc.). The real miles you’ll drive is 87500 a year but you can only count on 43800 which are income miles. Yes you will drive the wheels off your car at that rate in less than 3 years. SO every 3 years you’ll need a new car. Better hope you get 36 month financing. WITH THE NEW RATES: 1. 43800 miles X .90 = $39,420. 2. UBER takes 20% $39,420 X .2 = $7,884 3. $39420 - $7884 = $31,536 = apparent income REAL EXPENSES: 1. 84500 dived by 22.7 gallons per mile = 3722 gallons X $1.90 a gallon = $7071.00 2. Oil changes - 12 – more... oil changes @ $82 = $984
3. Tires - $860.00
4. Msc Maint = $1000
5. Car depreciation = $12000.00
Total = $21,915

Using above numbers and deriving real income
New Real Yearly Income: $31,536 – $21,915 = $9,621.00

2nd Method at .90 a mile calculated at 43800 miles:

1. Govt IRS business use of car depreciation @ 56cents per mile straight mileage method - $24,528.00 your cost
2. UBER’s 20 % = $7,884.00
3. $24,528 + $7,884.00 = $32412 expenses
$32,412 expenses minus $39,420 UBER Income payments = $7008 Yearly income – less

it is a good company
driver (Current Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 22, 2014
I drive almost every day and what I learned about transporting passengers point a to point b without any problems is make me happy when I go home. I am a partner with this company I don't know about management. I am a self management. I don't have any co workers. the hardest part of the job is eyes on the road at all time. the most enjoyable part of the job is I manage my own time to drive.
Decent place to make extra income.
Driver (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 17, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling.
Cons: pay was low.
All in all, I enjoyed the time I spent working with uber as a partner. Flexible scheduling made it easy to work with them as I was getting out of college to become a Court Reporter.
A great part time job
Driver (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 16, 2014
Pros: free time ..meet new people
Cons: difficulty with las vegas continued operation
Uber fits into my lifestyle perfectly. As a business owner, it helps me to make extra income without hindering my ability to conduct my other business. I can't wait until it comes back to Las Vegas. The
management has shown concern for us and has even given us a Thanksgiving bonus.

I really enjoyed meeting the people I drove and they were an upscale
pleasant group of people.
Used to be good then they got greedy
Driver/Chauffer (Former Employee), River Vale, NJDecember 15, 2014
They are very shady in their practices with both drivers and customers. I got out as soon as they cut rates so that drivers can't make a living.
Great!!
Driver (Current Employee), Seattle, WADecember 11, 2014
Great work, flexible work schedule. Meet new people. If you love to drive this job is good for you as a part time(extra cash).
Specially Friday, Saturday and Sunday are super busy.
I still working there, just trying to get another job.
Waste of GAS, TIME, MILES, CAR, you name it!!!
driver (Former Employee), miamiDecember 8, 2014
Pros: drive wheever you want
First OFF, UBER is so cheap that a 30 minutes ride will be about $14, yes, only $14, now they cut the prices up to 20% OFF, ALWAYS remember, they take 20%, plus you pay for your own gas and tolls, they assure they refund but NO they don't. From those $14 you will be taking about $9. SO why just dont go and work per hour, you will get same money if not better, sometimes you have to wait 30 minutes a ride, so be ready to waste your time, people dont tip, so dont expect them to do so, they slam the door all the time, i hate that, is not a fricking TAXI PEOPLE IS MY OWN CAR and they know. SO my recommendation, dont do it, you will put so many miles in your car, paying for repairs, and i dont want to think about if you have an accident.
This is Really the Worst Company to Work For.
Driver (Current Employee), ChicagoDecember 6, 2014
Pros: flexible time
Cons: hardly any
First of all you are not an employee. You a contractor. You have no benefits. They expect you to bear all such benefits and maintenance cost from the meagre percentage they pay you. They undercut drivers in order to compete and drivers will earn next to nothing after maintenance cost. They also are extremely arrogant and very rude people. They will never contact you by phone to solve any problems and you will never be able to speak to anyone by phone if you need driver support or any questions. It is also not a good contract because they terminate you based on statistics alone without any notice and without any input from you as a driver. Such a relationship is onesided as such an agreement is squed to mostly their benefit. With such an uncertainty with regards to a continuous and regular income I would never recommend this Comany Uber to anyone.

1 2 3 4

About Uber

Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our apps, we make cities more accessible, – Read more