Uber

Uber Employee Reviews

Freedom to create your own work schedule
Driver (Current Employee), Hollywood, CAAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Flexiable work schedule
Cons: No health benefits
I enjoy the flexibility as well being able to drive through out Ventura, Los Angeles and Orange County.

You meet a variety of individuals that engage in great conversations. There are moments when you do encounter a difficult or intoxicated rider. You handle these situations with ease and care.
Independent Job, flexible hours
Taxi driver (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 25, 2015
Independent work for an individuals who do not really need to be constantly supervised and micro managed. Friendly customers mostly, and great pay
Flexible work schedules
Partner (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 23, 2015
The hours are flexible which works out good with my college schedule. I have more control over my job so more responsibility as well.
Productive & Flexible work during transition/relocation
Rideshare driver (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Flexible
Cons: Technical problems with the app and safety for women drivers
Uber has been great to work for as I look for work in a new city. I can create my own hours and money is good during peak hours.
Extremely Flexible Schedule, Mediocre Compensation
Driver (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours, meet lots of cool Austinites
Cons: Pay is laughably low
The work itself is a lot of fun. You make your own hours and get to meet a lot of interesting people. However you are classified as an independent contractor and as such receive no hourly wage and are only making money when you have a passenger in your car. Uber does not reimburse for gas and there are days when you end up making less than minimum wage after expenses. Recruiter boasted of making over 1000 a week. I never broke 300 even driving full time. Decent job for students or as a second job but don't try to make a living at it. I will probably continue doing it in some capacity because I genuinely love meeting new people and driving around our beautiful city has never felt like work to me. Rough on your car. Clocked 3000 miles in 4 weeks.
UBER - Customer Service Big Leagues
Partner (Driver) (Former Employee), Miami, FloridaAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Flexablity, and chance to always improve my customer service
Cons: Pay is low
As a partner (driver) for UBER I constantly dealt in customer service. Every day while driving in the Miami Beach and downtown area I was able to meet, interact, and serve people from all over the world. I truly believe that being an UBER driver is the best job today for someone to gain experience in customer service. All drivers must possess the ability to interact with others on a conversational level, communicate clearly, and speak with proper diction and tonality. These are skills that I have developed that will transfer well to the consumer side of banking and more specifically into my career as a personal banker
UBER gives you flexibility and freedom to work when you want
Professional Driver (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Flexibility to work when you want to work
Cons: High Mileage on your vehicle
UBER gives you flexibility and freedom to work when you want. You are able to meet new people and engage in conversation with riders who might be new to the city. You are helping get someone from Place A to B while being a friendly representative of UBER.
Unfortunately, there are not currently any medical or dental benefits available with this position.
Do something else
Driver (Former Employee), OrlandoAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Own Hours
Cons: No Money to be made
You make more money delivering pizza's!!!!!! What a joke, you wait all day to get a fare then it's a joke what you get paid!!!!!!!!!!!
Driving for customers
Uber Driver (Current Employee), La Palma, CAAugust 13, 2015
Pros: I can drive when i want
Cons: Less stops
I am driving for UBER and i start in the morning till midnight,communicating friendly with the customers keeping them happy,most hardest part is keep on driving whole day and enjoyable is making more friends by customers and etc.
Learn something new every day.
Driver (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: Passengers are not required to tip.
Provide a safe and reliable ride to passengers. Perform safety while driving. Make sure to follow guidelines and follow directions from point a to point b.
Greatest part or full time gig ever!
Driver (Current Employee), OhioAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Work when you want, as long as you want as much as you want!
Cons: Need to be prepared to clean up puke, but it pays very well if you do it yourself in less than 45 minutes!
Where else can you work and set up your own schedule? Work or not as often as you like? Write off everything that you've ever wanted to do to your car, ie., refreshments, window tint, monthly car wash memberships, snacks, miles, etc.!!! Work when you want and quit for the week when you reach a personal goal that you can see in the driver app! What a great company!
Wear & tar on your car
Driver (Former Employee), wilmington ncAugust 8, 2015
Pros: Non anymore
Cons: low pay, disrespectful passengers, Poor management, false garuntees
I started a year ago, was making awesome money ($500+ weekly). Recently there are way to many drivers, lucky to make $50 in a night. Doesn't even pay for the gas and wear & tar on your car. someone vomits in your car, good luck getting back the money you spent to clean it. Get a ticket because a drunk passenger is climbing out your window, good luck with Uber making the rider pay for it. I've spent more money than I earn driving for them.. It's nothing but a scam, they want more and more drivers so they can make more money, they don't even think about the drivers they have now..
Uber no longer profitable
Professional Driver (CDL) (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Flexibility
Cons: No longer profitable
Flexibility is great when working with Uber. However, Uber is taking larger and larger percentages from driver's pay checks which is making it less and less profitable to work for them. Makes it difficult to make a living and keep up with expenses related to vehicle and taxes. In addition, when contacting the office with issues their office employees rarely understand the questions and rarely answer questions effectively. It creates a back and forth that is frustrating, a waste of time and never ends with a resolution. I usually just give up instead of spending days of back and forth.
part time
Driver (Current Employee), Northridge, CAAugust 6, 2015
I love being able to work the hours that work for me I truly enjoy meeting new people . so far everyone is very nice. I don't like working in Hollywood so I work l closer to my home
ontime and cleaner taxi driver
Driver (Former Employee), South FLAugust 6, 2015
Pros: work as many or as little hours you want when u wanted to
Cons: no medical, low pay, no addvertising to get new customers
clean car, fill up gas, pick up someone from one location and get them to there requested location fast and safely. clean car after ever dropoff.
these 5 star reviews are suspect
Uberx partner (Former Employee), PhiladelphiaAugust 5, 2015
Pros: freedom
Cons: near zero profit
Being a driver is bogus. I am making less than a year ago.

Do yourself a favor, apply for Uber, do your first ride, and then apply for a real job immediately.
Worst company to work for
Driver (Former Employee), columbus ohioAugust 5, 2015
Pros: flexible time
Cons: no tip, wear and tear on your car, very low fares
This my second week working for this company, and it is not worth it at all. Their fares are very low , so you might drive 17 min to pick someone up that going just across the street , the trip will be 4 $ uber takes 1 $ insurance , then 20 % and you are left off with 2.40 $ for 30 min work , sometimes you get order 20 $ plus but believe me it is not worth unless it is ur only option to survive . for example, today I mad 12 trips the highest fare was 11 $. Don't get fooled with them telling you that you can make 19-40 $/hr , you actually looking for 7 $ may be less in hour plus your wear and tear .
Good short term position
Driver (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Control your own hours.
Cons: No health coverage, wear and tear on your vehicle.
Uber is a good short term position until you are able to find another job. The pay is ok for the job, but with gas prices the pay versus the cost of operation is not too great. I also requested to provide the driver's with a customer service number instead of just an email option.
Customer Service
EXPERT DRIVER (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 2, 2015
I inspect new vehicles that are joining the company.
I enjoy providing great customer service to those who request service.
The next generation of Taxi
Partner (Former Employee), San Francisco Bay Area, CAAugust 1, 2015
Pros: It was nice to meet different people.
Cons: I don't have anything bad to say about Uber. They always was kind and paid well
I enjoyed working for Uber because it was nice to meet people, go to places I never been, and set my own schedule. If I had the option to return back with Uber I would. It's been a big challenge for me to get myself back into a car. The cars I had were leases and with my bad credit, it's hard for me to even buy a car.
Headquarters