Uber Partner Drivers Employee Reviews in United States

Pay varies but you can make money
Chauffeur/Driver (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 31, 2015
I enjoy working for Uber but there are pros and cons.
Pros: You get to work the hours that you want, also Uber does tell you when the most busiest times to work are available.The customers that I had have been great. Most of the management staff that I spoke with and the emails that I received were very friendly and responded very promptly.

Cons: The pay varies and most people don't tip well as other driving jobs.There's no benefits, if you want to make money you do at times have to work long hours, your pay can vary from week to week. The surge areas disappear just as fast as they appear, so it's harder to get some of the surge fares.
Pros
Work your own hours, Great Support, Friendly Clients
Cons
No benefits and surges fares disappears as fast as they appear, little to non-existent tips
Flexible work hours are the ONLY good thing about uber!
Partner Driver (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 18, 2016
After driving for uber for a month it became pretty clear that there isn't much money to be made. I averaged about $10 per hour including tips, BUT then you subtract taxes, gas and vehicle wear & tear and its more like $7. The rates are too low and customers are always saying how cheap it is compared to a cab, like 25-50% less in my area! It's crazy that I'll get a fare 25 minutes away, drive there, then they only want to go a couple miles, get paid $2.50 then drive back to my regular area. So for an hour of driving I net about $1.00!!!!!! uber COULD be a great thing but they need to allow drivers to geo-fence an area they will go. uber will not last much longer if they don't raise their rates to fairly compensate drivers, as of now most drivers wash out in a few months I hear. And although you can work when you want, its most busy in the evenings and on weekends. Sorry uber, you are not a sustainable platform and will be gone within a year.
Pros
Work when you want, meet people
Cons
LOW pay, vehicle wear and tear, gas cost, insurance liability questionable
Uber is great for riders.
Uber Driver (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 9, 2015
Uber isn't a bad place to be. I have enjoyed my time the only things that aren't so great about it are on the driver side. However it is what you agree to signing up for Uber so on the rating scale this is no way to account for that. There aren't any benefits or additional ways to earn cash like bonuses and so forth. No way to advance upward. Job security is dependent on a rating scale. Which in a way leaves it out of your hand. The few times I have encountered people that were in a authoritative position has been OK. You don't get to interact with your co-workers on a day to day basis and they also are your competition. So, job culture is pretty positive when interacting with customer's and any time you can get through to Uber.
Pros
Flexibility there aren't any other jobs that I'm aware of that compare.
Cons
You are a contractor, Would like something more middle ground which would help drivers feelings about the company
Used to be a great gig but not anymore
Uber Partner (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 29, 2016
I will not let my car be used as a puke bucket for below minimum wage of pay.The benefits theyre offering are discounts you can get by going to retailmenot. with the rate so low id rather flip burgers.
Pros
You set your own hours
Cons
Super low pay rates, pukes from drunk people, musky stinky gross passengers, no benefits, no advancements, partial insurance coverage, no reimbursement for maintenance, no gas reimbursement.
UBER is making the money out of exploiting its drivers - not worth it
Driver (not for long) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2016
UBER is as close as possible as a SCAM there is.
I am unemployed and have been working for them for a few months and between UBER rider fees and their 28% share, they take about 45% of the fares .. It is a good way to raise money fast, but the investment in car miles, wear, gas, etc is not worth it> I am surprised so many people do it . Where is UBER social responsibility ??? do they have any??
Pros
Fast Money
Cons
You do all the work, UBER makes all the money
Independent work with a self-structured schedule
Partner Driver (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 17, 2016
A typical day at work is as long as I make it. The range of riders is very wide and it can lead me all over D.C., MD, and VA. I've learned how to be patient and adjust to new environments. Co-workers are non-existent, but management is sometimes difficult to deal with. A lot of it is computer generated and they do not have a phone for customer service representatives, they all communicate through email. Hardest part of the job is dealing with navigation issues and unreasonable riders. The most enjoyable part is that I can figure out the best hours to drive to earn the most money and I set my own schedule.
Pros
Get paid for what you put in, set your own hours
Cons
No communication with customer service over the phone, some issues with various individuals
Great filler employment while looking for a full-time opportunity!
Driver (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 9, 2016
Attached through the internet the system provides low-cost safe transportation, drivers are able to control work hours and dependent upon geographical area can generate decent incomes.
Answering the app over the phone driver proceeds to pick up point accepts passenger and delivers them to their requested destination.
Management is minimal their is some communication through emails but not nearly enough feedback is provided.
The Uber system generates money that is dispersed from the top down, and the driver needs to be more involved in planning and direction. Currently Uber has a continuous turnover of drivers and will always be dealing with the turnover due to their internet remote control! I enjoy the diversity of customers and find most of the Uber customers to be unique and interesting.
Pros
Time Control
Cons
No communicative feedback.
Making your own hours are great but getting your total payout?
Driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 8, 2016
Transporting customers all over Chicago and surrounding suburbs
is a great way to meet people while learning new ways of getting around.
Management okay I guess but when assigning customers on share rides they have to remember what type of car is being used. I do wish that my payout would be accurate this is a regular, and lets face it that why we work for our money!
As for coworkers never come in contact with them.
The hardest part of the job is getting the right pay, motivating yourself
to just get out there and the gps not going out.
Pros
Work when you want
Cons
you have to watch what you spend, it cost money to make money, not to mention the ware and tare on your car. Making sure your payout is right
Less than Minimum Wage in Long Beach, CA
Rideshare Contractor (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 14, 2016
Uber just reduced compensation (again) in Los Angeles County. Effective January 9,2016. Happy New Year, Uber Partners!

They are very stingy with promotional rates. Too many rules and too complicated. I don't bother contacting them anymore because there is always some fine print that deemed me ineligible.

If you are thinking of driving for Uber consider that you pay all operating costs for your vehicle. Mine are $0.575 per mile. UberX pays $0.90 per mile; UberPool $0.85.... No pay for empty mileage to get from your last trip to the next paying rider. On average I net $0.483 for every dollar Uber puts in my bank account. Sounds great until you realize the average miles per trip. Translate that into an hourly wage? I'm too embarrassed to admit how low it is.... It is higher than $0.00, though.

Uber is great if your primary goal is to meet people.

California minimum wage is $10.00 per hour.

If your goal is to make minimum wage or higher, you will fail (in Long Beach, CA).

The Uber advertisements of 17.66 per hour (Gross fares. Maybe.) or, my favorite, "life-changing money" are dubious claims at best.

Uber on!
Pros
Make your own schedule! Meet cool people sometimes!
Cons
Compensation, doubts about insurance coverage, difficulty getting pay issues resolved, bad press, higher service expectations than a more expensive taxi service, CEO and executives constantly being sued and have been accused of nefarious business practices, still cannot pick up riders at LAX

Comment – January 21, 2016

Update: Effective January 21, 2016 UberX can pick up at LAX.

Innovative and very unique, allowing flexibility and independent contracting work.
Driver contractor (Current Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAApril 4, 2016
I am thoroughly pleased with the flexibility and freedom provided for all UBER drivers. For those who choose to work long hours and incur a sizable income weekly the sky is literally the limit. Such independence allows for other streams of employment and the attainment of new work skills. UBER has been a life saver and I cannot be thankful enough for the opportunities created for me though this company.
Waste of time
Driver (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 27, 2016
Don't drive for Uber. You will average less than minimum wage and put a lot of wear and tear on your vehicle. Dealing with rude and intoxicated people is not pleasant either. Uber does not limit the amount of drivers in each city therefore you are competing with other drivers for ride requests. The demand for rides is not enough in Bakersfield to achieve good compensation. Uber always gets their 20 percent cut so they do not care about how much each individual driver is making. If you drive for Uber in Bakersfield you will be greatly disappointed. You have been warned.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Too many to list
My not so Uber experience
Driver (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 31, 2016
Uber is great for individuals who have a steady stream of income from either a full-time job or investments. Although it offers you unlimited flexibility the market has become increasingly over saturated with new drivers and that is no good for business as it pertains to me personally. I would recommend employment at Uber if you are looking to earn just a couple extra hundred dollars a week with minimal effort, but it is by far no means a career.
Pros
Felxability
Cons
Inconsistent income
Felxable
Partner (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAMarch 9, 2016
Good place to work if you need a second job or if you have a changing schedule. I worked during school and it helped me pay the bills.
Pros
Flexable work hours
Cons
no advancement or benefits, pay your own gas, tires, and oil changes
Laid Back, Easy Going
Driver (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CAJanuary 20, 2016
Uber Is A Good Company To Work For If You Want To Be Your Own Boss Or Just Earn Some Extra Cash. I Have Not Ran Into Any Serious Problems With Passengers At All. The Pay Is Good! They Had These Promotions Going On During A Period Of Time Where I Earned $1,500 In One Week!! Crazy Right?

I Would Recommend This Job To Anyone Who Is Tired Of Working For Someone That Gets To Boss Them Around All Day, Or To Someone Who Just Needed Extra Cash On The Side.

Work Hours For This Job Depends On You. You Get To Work When You Want. If You Wanted To, You Could Work 24/7.

Here's My Promo Code That You Can Use, If You Do Choose To Sign Up, To Earn $300 After Your First 40 Trips.
Promo Code:132HYXZ2UE
Pros
Work When You Want, Earn More Money
Cons
No Benefis, Just Discounts To Certain Companies
Don't be an Uber partner
Partner (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 27, 2016
UBER just rips off the drivers. Only the positive part I can say about Uber is the flexible hours. That is it.

They often advertise some "guarantee incentives" to encourage drivers to be online on the busy nights. However, the amount of incentives they show is the gross fare (BEFORE Uber deducts their portion, 20% of fare). They are very sneaky to push the drivers to earn money for them without treating them in a right way.

Having rude and intoxicated people in your nice & clean car does not worth the pennies that Uber is paying for you. I actually had riders who puked in my car and left some smelly clothes without any notification. Moreover, with the expenses you have to pay for gas, maintenance fee, and time, Uber pays less than minimum amount (less than Taco Bell).
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Everything other than flexible hours
exceptional for a self motivator
Partner (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDJuly 6, 2016
I have driven as a partner for Uber for several months now, while in between jobs. This job is really dependent on the market of the area you live in, but if you are motivated, and put in your time, you will get trips, and you can make money. It really takes strategy, knowing how to maximize your earnings, and showing amazing service to your customers.This is a great job for networking and meeting new people in your community, and hearing about goings on in that same community. Going above and beyond can really earn you extra! Being efficient and customer oriented is a must! It is rewarding, and definitely empowering to do.
Pros
free time, no uniforms, using your own car, meeting new people, great conversations with patrons
Cons
sometimes a lot of downtime, can carry some risk, hours can be long, money is not always great, wear and tear on your car
Find Another Job Fast!!!
Driver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 7, 2016
I've been driving people around for years before Uber existed; carpooling, taking people to work and school, designated driver, helping people move into and out of their places, and even worked as a legal courier. Never in my life have I seen a company that cared less about people. The only reason I still work for them is to get paid and steal as many customers for myself and for Lyft, a far superior platform in many respects. I can't believe the Saudis invested $3.6M into Uber and they've done absolutely nothing to fix anything — they just keep adding new features that fail to work properly. Fun times, right? Oh thank god this was only a temporary measure and I have the qualifications to move on to bigger and better things!
Pros
At least the pay hits my account every week!
Cons
Glitchy driver/rider software, GPS highly inaccurate, no tips unless you ask for them, horrible customer service for drivers/riders, and so much more!
Low pay and riders lack moral standard to pay tips
Partner (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 11, 2016
Drives Uber X for one month. Rate per mile is too low. Most of drivers may lose money considering all cost and time on the driving. One critical point is over 95% riders do not pay tips. Often I help loading 4 priders luggage from airport, and unloading at drop-off, no-tips. This really reflects people lack moral standard, and human selfness and immoral. Drivers not suppose to do that, if not riders may give you low rate, and you are worried about suspension by Uber. Other service jobs gets paid tips, like waiters, barbers, even in the hotel, luggage carrying guys, why not Uber drivers.
Uber said it is going to more riders due to low rate, that just does not make sense, because you need to work extra time and energy in addition to car depreciation, car maintenance, and gas to earn the same high rate.
Uber drivers should form a union to protest Uber all together in order to earn federal minimum wage.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Low pay, no TIPS!
Uber is a scam!!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 22, 2016
Here's why Uber lies:
1. It ruins your car: too many miles puts wear and tear on the car (Uber does not pay for car maintenance)

2. It makes you hate people: you're constantly dealing with drunks, druggies, and jerks that have no respect for your property.

3. The pay sucks: when you take into account gas, weekly maintenance, taxes, toll fees, uber fees you will quickly realize that you're making below minimum wage. Very few people actually tip, so you're really not making anything.

4. It can get get dangerous: the more you find yourself on the road, the higher change you have of getting into an accident.
Pros
You get to sleep in, but I'm not sure that's a good thing.
Cons
it ruins you're car, you're dealing with all kinds of people, the pay sucks, & it can get dangerous.
An absolute joke
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 6, 2016
After working it for a few months, I'm seriously shocked that drivers continue to let themselves be exploited by this company. If you're using your OWN car and gas, you should be allowed to get tipped, period. Uber has set this ridiculous precedent of drivers not being tipped, in combination with extremely low wages. All the riders ever say is how cheap it is...that's great for them, it's an absolutely horrible gig for the drivers.

I got a trip request once that was 15 minutes away...I don't get paid for any of that time or gas getting over there, and then the fare will most likely be between 2 and 8 dollars. And you're supposed to take every fare that pops up lol...which again keeps the customers thrilled but totally kills the driver. I could go on and on, just don't do it if you're considering it. Deliver pizza or something, at least you'll be getting TIPPED for your service. Bunch of snakes that company is.
Pros
Cons
Literally everything. Don't do it

2.8