Uber Partner Drivers Employee Reviews

Found 1,176 reviews matching the search
Possibly a great part time gig.
Uber Partner (Current Employee) –  South Portland, MEJanuary 17, 2017
Drivers not respected even when the customers wrong they are always right. They promise you can make up words of fifty to a hundred thousand a year. When your living in a certain area that they are available the market is saturated with more drivers than there are Riders. It's a complete Monopoly we are pretty much the Walmart of taxi drivers.
Pros
Make your own schedule, meeting new people, tax writeoffs.
Cons
You cover everything, no benefits, no partner support line, you have to do it through email which are often passive aggressive communications, Pings on your app to drive 15 minutes away it's often for $3 down the road, you waste more money than you are actually taking in, everything regarding your vehicle is on you, If a customer damages your car you get a minimum fee. They disregard their drivers, some riders are rude and act entitled, Disgusted with the companies overall integrity.
Great for part-time
Driver (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXJanuary 15, 2017
I'm in between jobs and decided to try Uber out. I'm glad that I did. Though it's a little 'iffy' at first (made me anxious waiting for my first client) I enjoyed each drive that I had to do.

Talking to clients is easy, and it just flows. I make my own schedule which works great with me. The ONLY downside that I don't like is that you don't know where you're going until you pick up your client. I find that annoying and doesn't allow me time to calculate if I have time to do that drive or not. Other than that, I've no true complaints.

The best part is having Pandora linked to my Uber account. It's great jamming out with a client as we go to their destination.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Not being able to see destination before picking up client
customer transportation
driving transportation (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 14, 2017
Having the experiences to work for uber was something i will never forget because it showed me how to treat others and on top of that it show me good Customer services management.
Driver (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 13, 2017
Great Schedule.
Make my own hours
Get to know a lot of people
Get to know the city
Nice system
Customer Service was very helpful
Great job for new cars waiting by airports and bars.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 13, 2017
The good is the service will look for the closest driver normally and can pay very well. Also if anyone gets to a low rating (your fired) customer or driver they can't use Uber. The bad is your car must be less than 10 years old even if it is in perfect condition. Also people can be strange at night so I would get a dash cam for safety.
Pros
Pay is good and you rate customers and you get rated to keep access
Cons
Car must not be over 10 years old and you need to know where you are going.
Great flexibility, absolutely terrible compensation.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJanuary 12, 2017
Setting your own schedule is basically the only perk to driving for Uber. They have slashed rates to the absolute bare minimum in my city (Des Moines), the minimum ride is now $2.20 (It was $5), that's $2.20 for you to drive X amount of miles/minutes to go pick someone up in your personal car. Plus, they absolutely refuse to add tipping as part of the app even though drivers and riders both constantly request it. I didn't expect to get rich off Uber by any means but I definitely didn't expect to make $10 an hour (if that). I would only do this if you are desperate or absolutely bored out of your mind.
Pros
Schedule flexibility
Cons
Too many to list
Great
Driver (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 12, 2017
Great for individuals who seeks to be their own boss, typically day start whenever you go online where as you will get requested sent to you through the application which you can accept or decline, once accepted driver must pick up passenger and drop off at selected destination.
Pros
Own Schedule
Cons
Only paid when you complete rides
Good
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 12, 2017
The pay is sparse on a good day but, if you putt all day you can break a hundred. Management are great . Tech support is swift and accommodating. Guests are amazing in that if nothing else ,you and they are conversing in pleasant ride that might open your mind to a higher diversity.
Pros
The guest
Cons
The pay
Uber Partner Driver
Driver (Current Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHJanuary 11, 2017
I enjoy working with Uber. I can make my own hours and meet new people. Typical work day I can drive anywhere from 120 miles to 400+ miles. I have been learning different areas of Dayton. The history and culture. How to handle directions, customer service, meeting the needs of my passengers. No co-workers. The hardest part of my job is when passengers don't respect my vehicle and damage it. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I can make my own hours and I normally work 40+ hours, meeting new people from all over the world.
Pros
Making my own hours
Cons
Wear and tare on my vehicle, need something I can work from home.
When there is nothing going on with your life drive Uber.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJanuary 11, 2017
I have been driving Uber for a month now full time since I quit my last job. I make around $12 per hour which is ok but After I calculate all the the tolls that I paid I only make $10 .00 To make $120 a day I drove 13hrs and put 400 miles on my car. So if you think if you are ok with that than drive full time Otherwise just drive when u really need money .Save your car.Its not worth it.
Pros
Little money on side
Cons
Low pay
Low Pay for all of the RISK
Driver (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 10, 2017
UBER great idea. For a company with literally NO overhead they take a pretty big cut. I drove for a month Part time and never made more that 13hr after expenses. I am in Jacksonville FL where is is somewhat busy. It is just pure greed. These companies making billions of dollars and paying the employees cheese. Literally people at fast food make more than you with benefits and no RISK. The only pros I can say is free pandora unlimited and own boss. To many cons. Wear and tear on car, the pay, gas, chump change, go to McDonald's you'll get paid more
Pros
Be your own boss
Cons
Pay, benefits, ALL the risk
Flexibility.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago il.January 9, 2017
I feel like uber should have contact numbers I can't always go into the office. At times it would be nice to be able to contact them directly other then having one only option [email]
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
When your car down your out of work.
Fun Experience
Driver (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 9, 2017
Usually I work during the day and when I get out of work I simply change cloths and put uber on. I work downtown miami so it's a really good start but you can always start from wherever as long as you have a car your good.
Pros
Time
Cons
Gas
Driving as an Uber partner is not profitable, unless you own your own vehicle.
Driver (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2017
It is a great job because of its flexibility. You decide when you want to go out and work, but when you do you have to make sure you put in the hours if you want to make a decent income for the week. Specially if you're renting or leasing your vehicle. Because at the end of the week when you're done paying for the lease or rental of the vehicle and adding other expenses such as gas, food, tolls and some tickets you might of gotten at least 30-40% of your income that week is gone.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Limited benefits
Being friendly with customers
Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJanuary 8, 2017
I've learned that to be friendly with customers. Keep my car clean, fresh, smells good, and drive safe. Driving safe is the important thing in a job!
Pros
Cons
Short break
Pay is too low!
Driver (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJanuary 8, 2017
Uber is not paying the drivers enough to compensate for distance and time for pick up, if you are a passenger good for you, the price is low. Drivers deserve more pay based on wear and tear on our cars.
Flexible working hours.
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 7, 2017
Good work with flexible hours, but i think uber is taking too much from drivers. And the wear and tear to the personal vehicle is not equivalent to the pay rate
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not good for personal vehicle, and not a good pay rate ( too much uber deduction)
Sucks
Driver (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 6, 2017
Uber doesn't care about their drivers. Low fares, discourage tipping, and uber pool is insulting. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS JOB !!!!!!
Pros
Im my own boss
UBER is horrible
Driver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 5, 2017
This company is so greedy they do not care about they're employees and charge way to high of a "fee" that the driver has to give up... They need to be challenged on their ethics
Convenient
Driver (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 5, 2017
I actually like working here. Hours whenever you are free and able to be paid daily. Lets me spend time with my family and make money I recommend to anyone
Pros
Instant pay
Cons
riders can be creepy but rare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uber Partner Drivers. Our community is ready to answer.