Uber Employee Reviews

I love driving and meeting new people
Sole proprietor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 19, 2017
I love the flexibility of Uber and the option to get immediate payouts. Surge pricing is a great way to entice drivers to be on the roads. In addition, drivers are able to create the type of culture that is necessary for a professional environment.
Pros
Flexibility, immediate payouts, tips
Cons
wear and tear on vehicle, insurance and work/ fare is sometimes slow
Great on the weekends
Driver (Current Employee) –  Ames, IASeptember 19, 2017
The base pay for Uber drivers is not worth the wear and tear of your vehicle after a full day being 'online'. I prefer to work on the weekends during "bar time". The surges are great on nights when they occur and make up for the inevitable drunken riders that decide to call a sober ride.
Pros
Work on your own schdule
Cons
Only paid when riders available
You don't need a computer to drive and earn with Uber!
Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 19, 2017
Great work environment! You get to meet awesome people from all walks of life! The leisurely option of making your own schedule without obligation of commitment, really opens the door for infinite profit possibilities!
Drivers are expendable.
Driver, (Former Employee) –  Chicagoland, ILSeptember 19, 2017
The company has no limit to the number of drivers it. The more drivers it hire the harder it is to earn a living. The is no benefit in working long term with the company.
Pros
Set your own schedule.
Cons
Low earning.
A very stressful and critical job. Traffic is very dangerous at times.
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 18, 2017
Driving for a living can be very stressful and dangerous. I used to drive semi-trucks with up to ten horses, cross country when I was 23 years old. It was safer to do that than drive one person in Los Angeles traffic in a sedan.
Pros
meeting interesting people.
Cons
Dangerous drivers on the road.
it is a good company
Taxi Driver (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 18, 2017
it is a good company that provides more jobs for environment and it helps for low economic families to drive for Uber. i think it is a good opportunity for people to work as a part time.
Great way to earn some quick cash and meet lots of people.
Drive as an independent contractor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 17, 2017
Great to be your own boss.and work when you want to. Need to be committed and understand that you are an independent contractor and you will have to pay your own taxes.
Be your own boss
Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 16, 2017
pick up your own hours and routes. Talking with people and still getting paid. no sales. hardest was working grave yard shifts on weekends, but still have the option to stop working at any time.
Pros
Long hours, pick up your own hours.
Cons
no holiday and time off pay
Terrible place to work
Marketing, Uber (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 16, 2017
I would avoid Uber at all costs. 2 years ago, it made sense to join this startup; however, the company fails as it tries to grow into a real corporation. There is no room to grow in your career unless you move to SF.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Everything else.
Energetic and enthusiastic work environment
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 16, 2017
I have been at Uber for a year and three months. I have learned so much at Uber and have met great people. I feel that my career advancement at Uber has been capped and so that is why I'm looking for a change. Ideally, I would love an Account Management, Operations, or Account Executive role at a tech company. I feel that I can contribute a lot because of the experience I have learned at Uber.
Pros
Free lunch, fun environment, great benefits
Cons
Lack of career advancement
The Enjoyable Part of the Job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 15, 2017
I like Uber because it's convenient, efficient and I get to manage myself. Uber gives anyone the chance to earn more income & balance their life. I recommend Uber to anyone who wants to gain extra income.
Pros
Conveniency
Cons
App issues - navigation system
great schedule
Independent Driver (Current Employee) –  columbus, ohioSeptember 14, 2017
uber is a good job, but it has a learning curve that takes a while to learn. a lot of do s and don't s . the schedule is the best , the down time is terrible if your not prepared
Be your own boss!
Ride Share Experience Driver (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 14, 2017
A great opportunity to be your own boss with your own schedule and hours, but a chance to fully manage your own pace, income and work ethic. A very fun, sociable experience and a nice way to help people get around where they need to go.
Fun if you like driving.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLSeptember 14, 2017
Alot of driving, meeting new people, visiting new places. Fun job but the pay could be better. You must have a reliable vehicle, phone,and phone service for this job.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Car maintenance
Uber drivers call the shots
Independent transportation contractor (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDSeptember 14, 2017
A great way to make extra income you ask? The answer is Uber. The only stipulation is the vehicle you use however if that passes. you're off and driving. Don't be fooled by the nay sayers. You control your time and expenses. You actually work when you want.
Pros
Time management
Cons
Having the right vehicle to begin with.
You pick when you want to work
Independent Contractor (Driver) (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA 15201September 14, 2017
You decide when you want to drive people. please keep your car clean though. have a car charger. make as much as you want by continuing to drive instead of going home.
didnt pay well
Uber Driver (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXSeptember 13, 2017
i liked working for uber just didnt turn out well for pay pretty much the money i made had to go for gas and other car matinance if the pay was better and helped with my car payments and the need of my car then maybe but since they dont its hard for me to contiue with it
A fun company to work.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 13, 2017
I love helping other people by providing them with rides to their next destination. I love to talking with the riders and meeting all types of new people and helping them get by on a daily or nightly basis.
Pros
Make your own schedule.
Work when you want
Driver (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 13, 2017
Make your own hours. Can drive anywhere anytime in the state at your convenience.
Where and tear on your own car.
Can be expensive if you don't have a return trip, or pick up is far away.
Pros
Work when you want to
Cons
Don't have option of refusing a ride without lowering your rating.
Very Convinient
Uber Driver (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 13, 2017
Uber is very convenient to work with because you can create your own schedule. The company need to provide more guarantee salary program for the drivers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uber. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9