Ubisoft

Ubisoft Employer Reviews

Great learning experience
Web Producer (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 2, 2014
Pros: innovation, videogame industry
I was lucky enough to work on innovative and challenging campaigns ranging from a virtual world for kids, Flash games, Facebook campaigns and YouTube influencers videos.
Pretty cool experience
Environment Artist (Former Employee), SofiaMarch 19, 2013
Pros: free cake at the end of the month
Cons: bulgarian salary
A really professional company with very ambitous projects.
They give me the opportunity to work on one of the most popular IP on the market and i gained a lot of experience from it.

Yeah the work is tought but it's worth it.
Contractors highly expendable--be careful.
Notetracker (Former Employee), San FranciscoDecember 19, 2012
Pros: one free lunch, well stocked cafeteria, nice guys on my immediate team.
Cons: being fired for not being trained properly while still in the training period!
I was hired on a temporary contract that started with two months training on proprietary software and lots of subjectivity in how the work was to be completed (gotta respect the NDA's, so I can't offer up details). Worked very hard, loved the gig, even though the software was buggy enough to cause work loss regularly and supervisors gave us contradictory information as to how the work should be completed. Of the four of us hired (through multiple interviews, BTW) two of us were let go six weeks later for the vague "We have an idea of what level you should have been at by this point." I was immediately told to clean out my desk and escorted to the street as if I were caught stealing. Serious problems in organization and management on this particular team.
amazing company
independent contractor (Current Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 15, 2012
Pros: free softdrinks
I enjoy providing desktop support to over 350+ employees. This company is very challenging and rewarding in many ways. I have learned so much in a short amount of time. The most difficult part of my job is keeping up with all the changes in technology so that's why education is important. In a typical day I might set up a press event, new hire orientation and assist end users with numerous issues. My co-workers are great to work with as a team. I can say that I look forward to going to work everyday.
Innovative company with a great culture
Business Analyst (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 3, 2012
Pros: free drinks, plenty of company events, in office games, diverse benefits, great culture
Cons: salary may not be as competitive, not great communication between teams
Ubisoft is a great company to work for. As with any company, there are some cons, but the pros heavily outweigh the bad. The work-life balance could not be better, as the culture there is one that endorses a commitment to bettering your personal life. They offer free drinks on all floors, and have weight loss competitions and other company wide games with prizes that encourage camaraderie. They often give away free games and always have Christmas gifts for the employees, as well as throw many company parties throughout the year. Communication within the company could be better, as different groups are sometimes on different pages regarding big decisions. Overall, Ubisoft's positives make it a company anybody would be lucky to work at.

About Ubisoft

Ubisoft hopes its video games languish in ubiquity. Ubisoft Entertainment is the #3 independent video game publisher in the world – Read more