Ubisoft Employee Reviews in United States

Fun, creative
Manager, Creative Project Management (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 13, 2015
Great culture, creative, driven teams. Visionary ideas, fast-paced. Fun location in SF. High expectations to perform above and beyond.
Chaotic, fun, disorganized place to work
Associate CRM Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 13, 2015
Ubisoft has been an interesting place to work. I've been here 3 years on the Marketing team.

The people are really awesome and take a lot of pride in their work. It's also structurally very disorganized, extremely political, and so much time is wasted internally debating because not only is it chaotic in SF, you have an entire organization in Europe you have to align every decision with.

You'll learn a lot about the games industry and I've seen people thrive here just as well as those without any gaming experience.

Good place to grow and move on. The leadership is very poor on people and soft skills but to their credit they are trying to get better at this.
Pros
good people who take pride in their work, job security is nice, benefits are good, HR really is trying to consistently better the work atmosphere, exciting products and marketing campaigns
Cons
way too reliant on abundance of meetings, management is slow and too top heavy, disorganized structure, extremely political
College job
Notetracker (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 15, 2015
Worked with a few friends, learned to open and close a store by myself, got a lot of grease burns, wouldn't trade them for the world
Great work-life balance
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 28, 2015
Fantastic work-life balance. The culture is very much like a family, both the pros and the cons. Lots to learn depending on the department you work in, everyone is eager to stay innovative!
Pros
Free bananas every day, free beverages
Cons
Very political
amazing company
independent contractor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 15, 2012
I enjoy providing desktop support to over 350+ employees. This company is very challenging and rewarding in many ways. I have learned so much in a short amount of time. The most difficult part of my job is keeping up with all the changes in technology so that's why education is important. In a typical day I might set up a press event, new hire orientation and assist end users with numerous issues. My co-workers are great to work with as a team. I can say that I look forward to going to work everyday.
Pros
free softdrinks
Great company to start your first job
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  C32October 30, 2014
Set up a high standard for a new employee which would help him quickly fit the overall job requirements.
Fast-paced working environment.Tight working schedule. Need to work over when deadline is approaching.
Employees are generally young.
Contractors highly expendable--be careful.
Notetracker (Former Employee) –  San FranciscoDecember 19, 2012
I was hired on a temporary contract that started with two months training on proprietary software and lots of subjectivity in how the work was to be completed (gotta respect the NDA's, so I can't offer up details). Worked very hard, loved the gig, even though the software was buggy enough to cause work loss regularly and supervisors gave us contradictory information as to how the work should be completed. Of the four of us hired (through multiple interviews, BTW) two of us were let go six weeks later for the vague "We have an idea of what level you should have been at by this point." I was immediately told to clean out my desk and escorted to the street as if I were caught stealing. Serious problems in organization and management on this particular team.
Pros
one free lunch, well stocked cafeteria, nice guys on my immediate team.
Cons
being fired for not being trained properly while still in the training period!
Innovative company with a great culture
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 3, 2012
Ubisoft is a great company to work for. As with any company, there are some cons, but the pros heavily outweigh the bad. The work-life balance could not be better, as the culture there is one that endorses a commitment to bettering your personal life. They offer free drinks on all floors, and have weight loss competitions and other company wide games with prizes that encourage camaraderie. They often give away free games and always have Christmas gifts for the employees, as well as throw many company parties throughout the year. Communication within the company could be better, as different groups are sometimes on different pages regarding big decisions. Overall, Ubisoft's positives make it a company anybody would be lucky to work at.
Pros
free drinks, plenty of company events, in office games, diverse benefits, great culture
Cons
salary may not be as competitive, not great communication between teams
Pretty cool experience
Environment Artist (Former Employee) –  SofiaMarch 19, 2013
A really professional company with very ambitous projects.
They give me the opportunity to work on one of the most popular IP on the market and i gained a lot of experience from it.

Yeah the work is tought but it's worth it.
Pros
free cake at the end of the month
Cons
bulgarian salary
Great learning experience
Web Producer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 2, 2014
I was lucky enough to work on innovative and challenging campaigns ranging from a virtual world for kids, Flash games, Facebook campaigns and YouTube influencers videos.
Pros
innovation, videogame industry

Want to know more about Ubisoft?

Ask a question