UBM Canon Employee Reviews

Great Company
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAAugust 24, 2016
I was the facility person to fix or get fixed any problem. I worked on space planning, construction plans. I supervised any construction. Worked in the mail room as a fill in. Covered reception for breaks, lunch and the unforeseen call in.
Enjoyed the coworkers, the people always seemed happy.
High-stress, high-demand, little win
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CANovember 30, 2015
This company has a high-stress culture with a lack of direction. Long hours are expected with no compensation and more importantly no appreciation.

The company experiences org changes every 3-6 months and teams are confusing--roles and responsibilities are not clearly defined and work is duplicate.

The company has a major lack in culture and does not promote a teamwork environment. The company does not host team building events to promote a fun working environment which is normal for corporate work places.
Great Fun Atmosphere
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 10, 2015
I enjoyed consulting at UBM Canon, the environment is laidback and very energetic with other business minded people.
A typical day is catching up with yesterday's business and what can we do today in our industry.
Bully Culture: No security, No fun, Capped Earnings
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 6, 2014
Constant re-organizing with unreasonable expectations/goals with incompetent management from the top down! Matrix reporting is an excuse for no accountability. VERY Fraternal. Mean-ness is acceptable and well practiced. You better know someone....
Pros
Nice co-workers. Open floor plan enables good collaboration.
Cons
All said below:
Scared to come to work every day
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAApril 10, 2014
Layoffs, poor management strategy, and a constant reshuffling of the deck... unless you're in sales, in which case you're in luck - they never fire anyone in that department. All I can say is - do your homework on your manager, and make sure you're ready for a long term investment as the company needs a lot of work.
Pros
Fair pay, good coworkers
Cons
Fear of job loss, Lack of strategy, dishonesty, and "no fun" in general
It's a job
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAFebruary 25, 2014
Work with all marketing depratments.
I taught myself HTML and CSS while working here.
Co-workers are good people, may not be the best business people.
The hardest part of my job is job security.
Not what it used to be
Editor (Former Employee) –  USAJuly 3, 2013
In my years there, the company changed hands twice and went from a close-knit place that executed in its niche extremely well to a corporate cog that focused on the bottom line at the expense of everything else and spread itself too thin.
Employee-friendly company for those who want to think outside the box
Publications Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 29, 2012
The job is what you want to make it. In this global, media company management encourages employees to take initiative on projects and will support any endeavor that may produce company-beneficial results. Opportunities for advancement are available. The company's open floor-plan where there are no offices and everyone is equal, including the executive-level managers, might be shocking to some, but it is very welcoming in little time. The company prides itself on its people and culture. The people are great, but the culture may not be for everyone.
Always Downsizing
Accounting Assistant/Lead Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 13, 2012
Although the job itself was great and they are always doing innovative things to make the place more happy, their constant downsizing and lay offs are very disconcerning. Good Luck!
Pros
match non profit charitible contributions
Cons
lay offs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UBM Canon. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7