uBreakiFix Employee Reviews

Fixing tech at burger flipping salary
PC technician (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJuly 29, 2017
This is probably one of the worst jobs that I had. They claim to be focused around the customer and fixing their technology but instead they are not transparent about the cost of the repairs. The management is rude and will treat you as if you don't matter. They will talk down to you and not listen while you try to describe technical problem.
They do not embrace teamwork, if you have a question about a repair you insulted for not knowing about how to fix a particular device/problem.
The hardest part of the job was not fixing the devices but was dealing with a terrible workplace culture.
Pros
Decent hours of operations, fixing technology
Cons
being called on days off, management, pay
Fast-paced environment that showcases your skills
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 27, 2017
A typical day at UBIF is fast-paced and training charges you to lern & apply knowledge quickly -- especially if you want to excel as a tech! I love it
Pros
Flexible work environment, down-to-earth management, work schedule, great company for new technicians
Cons
small workspace
Good entry level environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Studio City, CAJuly 3, 2017
It was a good learning experience to work at uBreakifix, it taught me valuable lessons of personal time management and interfacing with customers, many days were difficult to tackle with a number of issues but I took them head on, and accomplished many repairs. The hardest part of the job was working with different techs and staying up to date with repairs that were not properly notated for other technicians to continue repairs. The most enjoyable part was handing off devices to customer bringing a sense of peace to there mind easing the stress of possible permanent data loss when dealing with water damaged devices
Pros
Good overall environment
Cons
Short breaks, lack of discipline
Technician
Senior Technician (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJuly 1, 2017
Great company to work for. Very supportive environment. The days went fast because there was so much work. The company is ever growing and it was great to grow with the company.
Fun productive workplace
Manager (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 27, 2017
Balancing the customer interface with the device management made for an fun and enjoyable work atmosphere. The portal made ordering a breeze and the tech support was very helpful
Pros
heathcare
Micro Soldering Technician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 18, 2017
Company has great benefits and pay. Great working enviorment. Everyone I work with is very professional and helpful. Have a great training program a well as friendly trainers
Fun and unique place to work that is constantly changing.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Commack, NYJune 7, 2017
The ever changing nature of the field keeps things interesting at all times, and time flies when your busy. Can get a little stressful when dealing with particularly complicated devices or customers.
Pros
Fast-paced, ever changing, great company.
Cons
Sometimes no time to take a break, stressful customer base, higher tier pay is based around bonuses that are not based entirely on things you can control.
No Training
Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 31, 2017
The manager said word for word "I rather not train you guys" the owner says you need to be training this guys to do this. Shows the disconnect between what they want to do and what is expected.
Excellent Workplace
Business Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXMay 17, 2017
Great place to work and get started into the IT Field. Company puts customer service above all else and gives you the tools needed to be successful and efficient.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Nothing but repairing devices.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLApril 26, 2017
A typical day at Ubreakifix was never a dual one. The worst part about working your but off is you never get the promotions you're promised. The upper management is not loyal and honest to there employees. End of month number were not accurate which was making the managers look very bad. Deposits were not made therefore making our store account look very low towards the end of the month. Just a bad place to work for. Maybe locations own by different owners in different states are much better to work for.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Lots of opportunity but leadership maturity needed
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 21, 2017
I have worked there for a couple of years and as any new company, it has continuously changed. Lots of bells and whistles and is very impressive when you first start. However, there is more glitter than substance. This year they have sourced and hired many experienced department mangers with strong professional backgrounds. However, since that time, there is a lot of different directions. They have a brilliant business model, but need to continue to grow and focus on their most important asset: the people.
Good Work Environment
Technician (Current Employee) –  Syosset, NYApril 14, 2017
The job overall was pleasant. Typical day would start at 10 am work till 7 on devices that customer would bring in daily. Learned how to repair computers, phones, and small miscellaneous devices. Management was a little moody and at times would sometimes disappear but overall good work environment. Hardest part would be an overflow of devices and not having help from management. The crew and the people that come in were the most enjoyable part.
Pros
Good learning Enviroment
Cons
Shorts breaks, No pay increase, Long hours
Hah stay away
Repair Technician / Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 7, 2017
Management here is a joke, the owner micromanages everything and is never happy about the work we do here. Compensation is a joke as well.

Our owner treats everyone here like dogs, he constantly dangles management positions over people's heads and then promotes the most unqualified people you will ever see.

You do not wish to work at Redmill or Lynnhaven, and God forbid you report the owner to corporate, since his son is a corporate stooge, nothing ever gets done.
Pros
Cons
too many to name
Fun workplace with plenty to learn
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMarch 24, 2017
First thing I do is see if there are any WO's that need to be done from the previous day. Learned how to tear down a number of devices from iphones to tablets to gaming systems. Management keeps things in order so that everything gets done in an orderly manner. Hardest part is when things don't go according to plan and might need extra time or a replacement device for customers. I enjoy opening up gaming systems and learning new techniques to opening devices.
uBreakiFix Review
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJMarch 6, 2017
Typical day at work is to repair any device that comes in the door, from a cellphone to a gaming console. The job is a good learning experience with the ins & outs of any device over time.
Best Job I've Had So Far
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 2, 2017
Was a great learning experience. Getting to know how all the technology worked and what makes it tick and how to fix it when it stopped ticking was wonderful.
Great company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INFebruary 20, 2017
I loved working here, unfortunately I had worked for a bad franchise. I fixed all types of devises and managed two stores for my franchise.
Usual Day working For ubreakifix
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 31, 2017
When working for UBREAKIFIX, I had to clean the store before we opened. I also had to count the cash register and count part inventory. I usually called customers to remind them that their device is ready for pick up. Through out the day i repair Phones,Tablet, Computer,ect..while i helped customers at the front desk. Close to closing I call Customer that haven't picked up their devices again, then I begin to close up shop by cleaning the front and back of the store, count the register again. I then make sure that ever thing is locked up and turned off. Then lock the door and leave.
Pros
Working on a Peaceful Day
Cons
Good job brought down by higher management
Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INJanuary 21, 2017
It's a good job. Relaxed atmosphere, satisfying work, new challenges each day.

However, the regional management can seem untrustworthy at times. I've received misinformation about my pay rate before and I've heard stories of former employees not being paid what they were owed.

The pay itself is okay but you won't be able to really afford an apartment or anything on it unless you reach a salaried management position.

When it comes to training, you'll mostly be watching videos and training yourself as you go along.

It's a good place to get some experience working with smartphones and other devices but it probably wouldn't hold up for long term employment.
Pros
Relaxed Environment, Fresh Challenges
Cons
Regional Management, Getting Clear Information Can Be Difficult
Productive and great customer service
Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIDecember 28, 2016
They take care of customers very well. They pretty much fix anything electronic and they do their best to get it fixed asap
Pros
Anytime lunch
Cons
Shoet hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at uBreakiFix. Our community is ready to answer.