uBreakiFix Employee Reviews

Very busy, rewarding company.
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Alamo Heights, TXSeptember 26, 2016
Working for Ubreakifix had to be one of the best experiences I've had, I worked for an amazing group of people. Regardless how busy it was at work, we worked as a team but, this team was also family. The owner I worked for truly cared for every one of his employees and made sure every one was happy. Our days consisted of working from 10am to 7pm, while it was always a long day, it was always a rewarding day. The customer base we had made each day even better. When I started for Ubreakifix, I already had experience in the industry but, this job taught me even more and thats what I liked about it. Knowing who I worked for and the growth opportunity that lies within those doors is what makes that company who they are. The hardest part was probably having to learn something beyond my skill level, but I was able to learn and broaden my skills.
Productive fast paced work environment
Professional Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXSeptember 22, 2016
A typical day is as follows:

Come in review the devices that need to be repaired

Make sure clients are updated on their devices status

Repair the device in a timely manner, and make sure to get a manager to "quality check" the repair, all while using the jobs portal site.
Pros
Fun, Competitive Environment
Cons
30 Min Break
Great Job
Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 15, 2016
I love working at uBreakiFix. This is a great job I love the challenge or figuring out the problem with the electronic devices as well as coming up with a solution to fix them. My coworkers were great and we all worked as a team and put out heads together to make sure all repairs are complete and the customer is satisfied with the end result. I loved seeing my customers expresions when their devices were repaired.
Good place if you like fixing iPhones
Repair Tech (Former Employee) –  The Villages, FLSeptember 1, 2016
Typical day at this job is repairing iPhones that customers bring in. I learned how to take apart and put together an iPhone and other electronic devices.
Pros
Inside job, liked what I was doing
Cons
School got in the way and i had to stop working there
Is a good job for serious people.
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 14, 2016
Is a good place to get out of problem and fix your life. I was there for 8 years and i love it i got out because I was hurt in combart but if i can go back i will.
Profits, only profits.
TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  AZAugust 13, 2016
It's a fun place to work, but at the end of the day, owners and corporate only care about making money. It's a business so I get it, but they just go crazy with the amount they want. Corporate seems childish and always feels the need to get involved with every little thing at the stores. Pay is awful. Every day is hectic and is a total mess.
Cons
Corporate, Pay
Productive fun work place
Smart Phone, Gaming Console, Tablet Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 9, 2016
Typical day at work would be helping customers get exactly what they needed. Fixing all kinds of electronic devices. Collecting money from customers and counting the drawer everyday.
Challenging and keeps you on your toes
Lead Computer Technician-Mobile Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 6, 2016
Typical day involves evaluating phones, tablets, computers and gaming systems. Diagnosing devices, finding price of repair vs cost of new device for customers, explaining issues with items.

The repairs change from day to day, one day could be a ton of iphones, the next a few computers. You'll usually have a variety to work on.
Pros
Casual attire, able to wear shorts.
Fun company to work for!
Technician (Current Employee) –  IndianaMarch 22, 2016
Great place to work! The pay is very very very low, impossible to live on the pay, but management is awesome! Always learning new things everyday. The hours are somewhat lousy.
Pros
Fun, always learning
Cons
Low pay
Low pay, poor hours, good for a college student..
Technician (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 11, 2016
Poor compensation for this type of work. It was a learning experience if you're new to device repair like phones or tablets. Training is decent but work/life balance is not worth the compensation. Probably an ok job for a college student or to use as a stepping stone but don't expect to be eating anything other than cereal or ramen noodles if you are not living with Mom and Dad. No holiday pay for hourly workers. Can be a stressful job dealing with certain customers.
Pros
Training, learning experience.
Cons
Poor pay, no holiday pay, poor schedule.
Fun work place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 9, 2015
Fun work place gave me the opportunity to learn and showed me a lot. My first job. At the moment due to school hours I had to quit.
Pros
Free Monday Lunches and all you can drink monster energy drinks
Cons
random hours not consistant
Great work culture/environment with much unfulfilled potential
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Valrico, FLSeptember 12, 2015
Initially a fun and healthy environment to work in it quickly turned to a corporate minded business model which was not a customer centric or employee friendly place to try and earn a living.
Pros
Great customers, constant learning, and positive impact
Cons
Sub-par wages, poor management in many locations by inexperienced franchise owners
Run by children.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLAugust 26, 2015
Ubreakifix would be a great company to work for if it wasn't for management and corporate. Corporate is run by a group of friends that only show respect to the people in their core group. Management of the stores is run by men and women that only care about one thing, their wallets. They promise benefits and bonus' that are unattainable and in the rare chance you do meet expectations, they pat you on the back and tell you consistency will get you your bonus.

Working on all sorts of electronic devices is a great skill and you definitely feel like you accomplished something, but working with this company is a dead end.
Pros
Lots to learn
Cons
Management, corporate, attainable bonus
Sporadic Workplace
Smartphone Technician (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAAugust 19, 2015
When it is not busy very easy to maintain but when it gets to busy owners unload all the drama onto staff, which is ok but causes for stress. Overall Friendly bosses,good place to work
Pros
Relaxed environment
Great Job!
Repair Technician/Cashier (Former Employee) –  MIami Lakes, FLAugust 18, 2015
Great location and very easy going job to get into, would recommend the job to anyone looking for a part time/ full time job
Fun
Store Manager/Technician (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 1, 2015
• Manage and coordinate staff and materials to meet business workload requirements as well as forecasted budget prerequisites
• Gather requirements from customers and analyze necessary factors to provide accurate and complete solutions to their needs
• Developed proactive inventory management system to precisely track all supplies as well as cost analysis for future management decisions
• Service all technology devices and software systems required to keep facility at 100% operational capacity
???????
Technicain (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALFebruary 8, 2015
This company went through some problems when a manger was found stealing funds from the safe. I was replaced while on sick leave. The owner paid under the table.
Pros
i learned cell phone hardware
Cons
drama
Management is a bunch of children.
Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  AZJanuary 26, 2015
If you want a secure job, this is not the place to apply. Management does not know how to run a store. They are more concerned with getting drunk after work and squeezing every last dime out of the customer. Absolutely careless "professionals".
Pros
interesting to learn
Cons
long hours, high risk
Fun Job
Smartphone Technician (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CADecember 6, 2014
I would come in on a typical day and fix phones. We answer calls, and chat with other coworkers about our days. You do the for the duration of your shift. I learned that team work makes the dream work. Management (at my store at least) is awesome! The hardest part of the job is being able to handle repairs and customers walking into the store at the same time. The most enjoyable part of the job is the cool environment.
Pros
low strees
Cons
customer flux, difficult customers
great place to work
Sales Associate / Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  orlandoNovember 2, 2014
a typical day of work will be helping people find products, answering calls ,customer service, paper work for the store.
I learn customer service experience
management was great and understanding
my co-workers where great
the hardest thing about this job may be multi tasking all day long
the parties and gathering the company did for us
Pros
we 75% off of supplies
Cons
short breaks

2.8