UC Davis Health System Employee Reviews

Slow paced work environment
Software Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 10, 2017
Slow approval process for time sensitive materials and tools needed due to strict chain of command protocol. However, friendly and amicable work environment allows for flexible time management.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Poor time management
My experience at UC Davis Health systems
Hospital Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 27, 2017
Very unorganized hospital.. high turn over in employees.. unethical behavior from staff.. no teamwork. unstable place to work! unfair work conditions
Interesting reporting structure
Benefits Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 17, 2017
The reporting structure is very unique. You often are reporting to someone who does not interact with you often and may be a different site. There is a very negative culture there and people are retiring or leaving as soon as possible.
Productive and a great place to work
Medical Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 14, 2017
A great university with lots of opportunities and benefits. great people to work with and always able to learn ans further your education . Staff is wonderful
good hospital
Lab assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 10, 2017
good hospital to work for, nice people there with good heart, also very educated and professional people. Have good medical devices, good technology, provide good service
Fulfilling and flexible work environment
Research Intern/ Junior Researcher (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 10, 2017
Most days I am allowed to make my own hours as long as my tasks are completed by the end of the week however sometimes those 'tasks' are a bit vague. My PI and supervisor are easy to work with but are at times very busy in their own duties and are removed from most day to day activity. I've benefited from their training early on, but have become stagnant in learning new techniques for some time. The hardest part of the job may be due to the relative less experience I have compared to say a PhD or grad student in that it may take some more time to optimize certain experiments. This extends to designing experiments where I may not be familiar with or cognitive of certain tools or techniques. That being said I have gained a tremendous amount of knowledge and experience since first starting work in this lab for which I am grateful and excited. I thoroughly enjoy working in a group in which I can bounce ideas and work out problems, which doesn't occur as frequently as I would like. I enjoy the few people I work with and the inclusive work environment we succeed in sustaining.
Pros
Flexibility, freedom to aid in study design
Cons
Limited Resources, Limited professional guidance, (too much freedom)
Be ready to be on your feet the whole day
Hospital Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 23, 2017
Being a hospital assistant for UC Davis Medcal Center is labor intensive. Arriving at the company, trucks with supply carts as cargo are waiting for individual transport. Work is solitary labor intensive and lasts from beginning of work period until the end of the work period.
Minimal experience
RN PRECEPTEE (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 13, 2017
I was a nursing school preceptee in the Neurosurgical unit within the UC Davis Healthcare System, per employees, pay is very competitive and has good training.
Great opportunity for job growth!
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 10, 2017
Being a Los Angeles transplant, I had been skeptical of working in a different city, one with seemingly less competition, that operated at a slower pace. I was worried that the new working environment would not be conducive to my growth. Working at UC Davis Medical Center - the healthcare HUB of Sacramento and the neighboring regions - offers a unique set of challenges that are "spoon-fed" to those daring enough to address them. I love working at the medical center/health system because of the diverse set of projects that I am given, because of the supporting workplace culture, because of the great benefits (vision, dental, healthcare, education/training, pension/401k, legal and many others (Cosco, California Family Fitness, T-Mobile, etc.)), because of the desire to be innovative, and because of its connectivity to the other University of California Health Systems.
Pros
Work Experience, Benefits, Management & Job Security
Cons
Compensation is Slightly Lower than Private Institutions
My work experience at UC Davis was pleasant
Hospital Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 10, 2017
I enjoyed working at UC Davis for the short amount of time that I did. I learned a lot and felt valued as an employee. If I had not moved out of the state of California, I would have happily stayed at UC Davis.
N/a
Labor & Delivery Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 9, 2017
N/A, this is such a great place to volunteer if you are interested in something through the medical field. Sometimes it does take a while for them to get back too you, but it is worth it.
Amazing work place
Hospital Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 8, 2017
Many things can be learned while working here, along with great benefits. Most enjoyable part is helping others.......................................
Would recommend to anyone.
Fire Prevention Inspector Intern (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 19, 2017
Educational, very knowledgeable staff.
Typical 8 hour work days with 1/2 hr lunch.
Management is willing to listen.
Hardest part is getting all inspections and reports done when due by governing bodies.
Great experience and learning oppritunites
Emergency Medicine Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 12, 2017
I was challenged and given opportunities which I did not expect from a volunteer based program. Learned valuable insight on site procedures and clinical trials at a site level.
Pros
Amazing staff
Cons
Excellent opportunity to learn and grow a health care professional
LVN (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 9, 2017
Great professional environment for an aspiring professional. great compensation, benefits, and collaborative environment. Excellent opportunity as we a re a teaching institution.
excellent working enviorment
Volunteer Worker (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 9, 2017
#UCDavis #Central distribution-Main Hospital

it was a pleasure working in a hospital like UC Davis, excellent working environment, ,
Patient care is top priority at UC Davis

Management and staff were friendly and knowledgeable,
the workplace culture was great.
I enjoyed working with my co-workers they are team players
Pros
free water
Cons
short breaks/2 hours
It is a top hospital where patient care is top priority
Cardiovascular Technologist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 2, 2017
Patient care is top priority at UC Davis. They continually do studies to improve quality of care and germ prevention. They value their employees and expect everyone to put the patient first.
Pros
Great benefits
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 21, 2017
Enjoyed my years there. They are flexible and provide promotional opportunities. The pay scale and benefits are competitive. The hospital is a world class operation.
Great place for moving up the ladder
MOSC II (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 9, 2017
Great place to work with benefits. Always opportunities to move up the chain if you pass interview. Some positions are unionized while others are not.
Pros
Pay
Cons
management
I loved working with UC Davis
lIcensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAApril 7, 2017
Of all the jobs I've had, this was hands down my favorite. I loved most of the staff, and absolutely ADORED my patients. We had a great team, and it was a wonderful place to work.