UC Davis Health System Employee Reviews

Like Working For the State
mosc (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 27, 2016
Long time employees whose work ethic and culture are very similar to those who work at the DMV; including the management here. Many employees have been here for several years and some even up to 35 years and are outright scary.

I expected a higher caliber of employee. Because this institutional learning system is on the cutting edge of healthcare and medicine, I really anticipated so much more and was extremely disappointed. I've had multiple conversations with fairly new employees (two years or less) who, independent of each other, have all reaffirmed what I've experienced there; rude, lazy, ill mannered employees with very little structure who are a reflection of the managers that are supposed to be holding them accountable but are so lazy they barely show up to actually work half the time.

This is a union environment which, in the state of California, there really is no need for unions. There are so many state laws that protect employees. Coworkers were calling in for sick leave, FMLA's, Kin Care, late excessively and everything under the sun.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Union environment, Managers burned out who don't address personnel issues
fun and nice working place
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 5, 2016
I worked for UCD as a temp loved working there. I checked in patients answers phone calls and checking elig. The hardest part of the job is seeing ASL patients every first Friday's of the month. I enjoyed seeing patient smile when they leave
Pros
everybody was so nice
Cons
parking
Great place to work management of employees could be better
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 13, 2016
I believe in the culture of the UC Health System management could put their training to a more effective use. I work with a very good bunch of people, my work day is not overly challenging, I enjoy my assignments because it allows me to work on an indenpent base. i've learn over the years of working here that your quality of work is as important as your quantity
Pros
great benefits
Cons
n/a
Great experience with wonderful co-workers
Interventional Radiology RN (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 24, 2015
Fun place to work with supportive management. Cared for patients well-being holistically. My colleagues were my favorite part of the job!
student/ intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 11, 2015
Performed Diagnostic imaging in Obstetrical/gynecological ultrasound in addition to renal, abdominal, small parts, neonatal and interventional sonography.
Conducted exams on multiple machines including GE Logiq E9 and E10, Sequoia Acuson.
enjoyable
VOLUNTEER (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 23, 2015
the most enjoyable part of volunteering there is working along side the nurses. i love knowing that i am able to help make their workload alot easier by running simple errands for them.
Pros
friendships
Cons
sore feet
This place is fun to work at .
Warehouse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 19, 2015
Good work place has great employees and many ways to learn about distribution. I would tell people to apply to this place if they can.
challenge and fun.
Research Associate II (Former Employee) –  Davis, CAOctober 17, 2015
hard work place,some time we will learning and discovered new things.we help each other during work time.
when my data conform my suppose I will forget the hard working.
Pros
free take class
Cons
some time, lunch not on time
I miss UC Davis Medical Center
Patient Biller III Medicare unit (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 8, 2015
I cannot say anything bad at all. Not even on a bad day. I enjoyed my co-workers, Superiors, structure, benefits, pay and the purpose they served. I worked in the best department for the best team EVER! Patient Financial Services Medicare Department. I wish I never had to make the choice to leave. I would love to go back. Best place I have ever worked for hands down.
Pros
EVERYTHING!!!!!
Cons
Had to relocate due to family
Typical day at work, is cleaning and preparing for the day and inventory.
Hospital Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 2, 2015
Fun work place with great benefits. Not all about getting patients in and out, but how they feel when they leave. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with and alongside Doctor's and colleagues and learning from them. There was a lot of variety in what I did each day.
Productive, great place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Davis, CAAugust 29, 2015
Learned a lot, was very helpful for me while attending UC Davis. Got to learn more about bedside manners and taking vital signs, etc. Learned a great deal. Great place to work
great place to work with supportive staff and management
Medical Office Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  sacramento,CaAugust 27, 2015
Great Company with excellent pay and benefits. Co- workers are team players as this is a fast paced, customer service environment.
Heart of the matter
Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Sacramento CAAugust 12, 2015
Working with volunteers is always fun, you can see it in their face when you are helping them help others with something they are passionate about. Management easy to work with.
Pros
Appreciation by others
Cons
Events on weekends
Unstable position for students
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 10, 2015
The environment and setting was very good while I worked here, but as a student I was not given much respect and once my supervisor suddenly switched jobs, I was basically forced to quit my job as well. I did enjoy my stay there though.
Provided opportunities to see the work life inside the hospital.
Child Life Intern (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 28, 2015
A typical day at this internship consisted of organizing and maintaining the children's playroom on the Child Life floor. I learned a little about how various hospital staff interacted with the children who were hospitalized. The management was always busy maintaining the overall structure of the Child Life program so the floor could get hectic easily. My fellow interns were productive and friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity to interact with the children at the hospital.
Excellent Learning Environment
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 12, 2015
UC Davis is an excellent place to develop and learn new skills for whatever medical career path you are on. The main drawback is that management for most departments is political and budget oriented with sometimes very little support for its staff members.
Pros
Excellent learning environment
Cons
pay for parking, high priced cafeteria with no employee discounts, budget and self advancement focused management rather than employee and patient focused management
Windows of oppurtunity awaits those that are ready for advancement
EVS Manager I (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 27, 2015
Great place to work for, training and development courses are offered to all staff, faculty, students. Great retirement and benefits. Meeting new people and a very diverse facility.
Pros
Thank Goodness For Staff when free meals are provided to staff
Cons
Short breaks due to discharge turnovers
Medical Assistant Externship
Externship (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 27, 2015
The company was enjoyable to work for. The campus was nice and the people, management and doctors were nice to work with. Was not a permanent employee only did my medical assistant internship.
Exciting place to work with many growth opportunities.
Senior Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 12, 2015
Employees are able to work interactively with various departments. There is cross training available and reimbursement programs available for employees who are perusing an education.
Pros
Assistance with educational goals is definitely a plus!
Cons
Overtime unavailable.
Great benefits and educational support
Division Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 7, 2015
I enjoyed the fast pace environement, I learned alot everyday from my peers and direct supports. I was part of a great division.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Constant interruptions, breaks and lunches were difficult to take.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UC Davis Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3