UC Davis Health System

UC Davis Health System United States Employee Reviews

Simple, flexible, and effective
IT STUDENT ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAFebruary 18, 2015
I am learning new things everyday at work. Everyone is very professional. The working hours are flexible. It's a great working environment.
A great place to learn
Respiratory Care Student Intern (not employee) (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAFebruary 16, 2015
The majority of my clinical training took place at UC Davis Medical Center. It was a great experience and I enjoyed my time at such a wonderful facility.
Great Company with excellent benefits
SAN Engineer (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: their employees are valued!!
UC Davis was one of the best places I've worked. They train their employees and give them the tools they need to be effective workers.

The employees are happy and it rubs off making if a good workplace.
Fun Workplace
Obstetrics and Gynecology Intern (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 15, 2015
Staff is friendly and a great job. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing ultrasound images of babies.
It is helpful experience for the health field.
Labor and Delivery Volunteer (Current Employee), Sacramento, CANovember 9, 2014
My job is to do clerical work. In addition, I learned about how a hospital runs.
Wonderful work environment
Externship-Senior Access Rep (Former Employee), Sacramento, CANovember 7, 2014
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: fast pace
A typical day at work is to start your day with meeting and greeting patients. Verify patients demographics. Verify patients insurance information on the EPIC software system. Guide patients to where there destination is.
Lots of hard work pays off.
Senior Custodian- Temporary Employee (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAOctober 26, 2014
Pros: kept me very active.
There was allot of cleaning and hard work evolved. Hardest part was the time crunches and being timed per room but I worked enough time to perfect that obstacle.
Great Benefits, great people
Analyst II, Supervisor (Current Employee), Sacramento, CaSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: passionate colleagues, great benefits
My own position has allowed for a great degree of flexibility, but I doubt that this is typical of the Health System as a whole. Most everyone I come into contact with here is very passionate about the work that they do. My particular work provides plenty of exposure and opportunities to work with international colleagues, and to work with staff and faculty at all levels. Less hierarchical in structure, more round table.
Good solid company
IT Education Training Analyst VI (Current Employee), UC Davis Medical CenterSeptember 3, 2014
Monday thru Friday unless pending deadlines.
Certification given for Radiant.
Somewhat modern management
Great co-workers on training team
Long hours of go-live support and meeting the deadlines to have training programs ready before go-live.
Training, of course!
GREAT
MOSC (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 26, 2014
I love working for UCD. I have spent the last 8 1/2 years growing and learning and obtaining hospital and clinical skills that will allow me to further my career.
fast paced, multi-tasked environment with little or no supervision.
SR. Custodian/EVS (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 21, 2014
Pros: working in the hospital was very rewarding
Knowledge of procedures in regards to handling biohazard in a safe manner
knowledge and ability to consistently use proper body mechanics
Resolve customer disputes
Ability to prepare/dilute cleaning chemicals in recommended proportions Ability to read and write and follow oral and written instructions Effectively managed multiple tasks in a timely manner Knowledge of and skill to apply specialized infection control protocols
Very busy working environment
Cardio-thoraxes Volunteer (Former Employee), 2315 Stockton Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95817August 19, 2014
help deliver blood/urine/stool samples, discharge patients, answer call lights, aid nurses. Monitor and learn about EKGs. Usually only one volunteer per unit helping all who demands assistance. A lot of communicating with different departments and directly with patients in a large hospital. Learning EKG was the best part of the job
Great Department
Building Supervisor (Assistant IV) (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 8, 2014
Detail oriented and customer/patron/patient friendly company. Organized and prepared for whatever task comes at hand.
Great company
Research Intern (Former Employee), Davis, CAJune 24, 2014
It was a great company. I really enjoyed working here. I worked here for over a year.
Exciting workplace, wonderful people and doctors
Vascular Technology Extern (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 19, 2014
High quality, innovative hospital with state of the art facilities.
Welcoming of All
Building Supervisor (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 5, 2014
Great job in the human resources department. UC Davis Health Systems is a diverse and welcoming workplace.
Phenomenal Workplace
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee), Sacramento CampusMay 16, 2014
Patient care driven. A very exciting company to be apart of, you are constantly learning new and exciting things!!
A Day at UC Davis
Chef (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 13, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short lunch break, sometimes no break, rough management and supervisor team
Typical work day at UC Davis is high stress environment. From the time you clock in to the time you clock out its an extremely high stressed environment. Instruction to detail during training is very minimal and unprofessional. Management is great if you fall into the favoritism bracket, however if you don't fall into that particular bracket it could make a days work at UC Davis very uncomfortable.
The nursing staff in the Pediatic ER are great
Pediatric Emergency Volunteer (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 12, 2014
Would continue to work there, but had an opportunity at Kaiser
Overall a great place, pay sucks
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 8, 2014
Pros: healthcare
This is a really great place to work, the pay sucks but there is a reason people stay in the UC.

1 2 3